The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2013, 10:04 PM   #226
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I don't believe there's a coordinated media conspiracy going on here. It's just the terror of the reality of their choice-at-any-cost dogma staring them in the face. There are only 2 possible reactions when you're confronted with the evil behind your beliefs being unveiled in front of you. You repent, or you look away.

Most chose to look away.

They know that if Dr. Gos had only performed those exact same procedures In Utero moments earlier, they'd be happily defending his right to do so. Some would even hail him as a champion of choice.

The criminal ridiculousness of their extreme positions are exposed. They want as few people to know about their shame as possible.
Do me a favor. Point out to me where inducing labor on a >24 week women, having her deliver into a toilet and then decapitating the infant is an accepted abortion procedure.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:40 AM   #227
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
I suppose cause a majority in this country support a womens right to choose. A majority also recognize that taking a persons rights is wrong.
A BG check doesn't stop a law abiding citizen from getting a gun,hence your right to own a gun is not being infringed.
So even though its the same tactic because its an idea you don't agree with its wrong to do it. Wow that is not logical. The reason you give because the majority feel that way also doesn't fly. If its ok to use people being murdered to call for gun control, then its ok to point to a doctor killing babies to promote pro life. Remember pro life isnt about taking away the womans right to choose. She could have chose to not **** without protection or not have sex. She made her choice. This issue is about the rights of unborn humans and the fact they develop into people faster then liberals want to admit.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:43 AM   #228
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Also back in the day many women had no husband and the stigma of being a single mom forced them into back alleys and coat hangers. Today single moms are more accepted and there is more help for them.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:57 AM   #229
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
Want more of this back alley coat hanger style butchery? Keep attacking

* Comprehensive sex education
* Charity organizations that work to reduce unwanted pregnancies (e.g. planned parenthood)
* Women's health issues in general (e.g., but not limited to, health coverage for birth control, etc.)
* And yes, access to legal abortions done by competent and ethical physicians (i.e. the exact opposite of this criminal).

It ain't pro-choice advocates that enabled this monster, it's the anti-women crowd.
Uh huh. Except for that part about the city and state regulatory agencies ignoring decades worth of hand-delivered complaints by ex-employes and surrounding physicians, so as to not be seen as limiting any sort of access to abortion. The same people who immediately hired criminal defense lawyers once the Feds busted Gosnell for his pill-mill by day operation, only to stumble upon his third-world butcher shop and started asking questions. Gosnell was enabled by the pro-abortion left for decades specifically for political reasons. Maybe you should read the grand jury report.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:05 AM   #230
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Do me a favor. Point out to me where inducing labor on a >24 week women, having her deliver into a toilet and then decapitating the infant is an accepted abortion procedure.
Suck out its brains first to collapse the skull and you have "partial birth abortion". After that I'm guessing the baby wouldn't care all that much about the toilet.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:12 AM   #231
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
I suppose cause a majority in this country support a womens right to choose. A majority also recognize that taking a persons rights is wrong.
A BG check doesn't stop a law abiding citizen from getting a gun,hence your right to own a gun is not being infringed.
Look up the polling. The majority support partial birth bans. 2nd and 3rd trimester bans. In fact most people would ban abortion for economic inconvenience purposes. The only majority you can build around abortion is in cases of rape, incest, and life of the mother issues. Yet this is a tiny fragment of real world abortions.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:16 AM   #232
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

There must not be any pro-life women, because being pro-life is apparently the same as being anti-women.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:25 AM   #233
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Want more of this back alley coat hanger style butchery? Keep attacking

* Comprehensive sex education
* Charity organizations that work to reduce unwanted pregnancies (e.g. planned parenthood)
* Women's health issues in general (e.g., but not limited to, health coverage for birth control, etc.)
* And yes, access to legal abortions done by competent and ethical physicians (i.e. the exact opposite of this criminal).

It ain't pro-choice advocates that enabled this monster, it's the anti-women crowd.
Bull****. Someone has to draw a line somewhere. And some people will choose to cross that line so they turn to the "back alley" Are you OK with third trimester partial birth abortions? If not you shouldn't be OK with choice champions basically coddling a back alley abortion operation just because any choice is a good choice.

If you are OK with it (like most of the media) then this story brings reality home. So you'll ostrich your head in the sand however long it takes for it to go away.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:42 AM   #234
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

I know hundreds of physicians. My wife is an obstetrician. Neither of us knows a single person who performs elective abortions. This whole idea of "competent and ethical" physicians performing elective abortions is a myth. It requires a physician with at best a moral flexibility that can get past the first rule of medicine -- do no harm. In practical terms it very likely involves a physician who is incapable of making a living in a normal practice.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:45 AM   #235
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Bull****. Someone has to draw a line somewhere.
A line was drawn, and crossed. That's why... drumroll .. his actions are referred to as illegal and he's being prosecuted.

Quote:
And some people will choose to cross that line so they turn to the "back alley" Are you OK with third trimester partial birth abortions? If not you shouldn't be OK with choice champions basically coddling a back alley abortion operation just because any choice is a good choice.

If you are OK with it (like most of the media) then this story brings reality home. So you'll ostrich your head in the sand however long it takes for it to go away.
I'm quite happy this person has been stopped.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:48 AM   #236
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Suck out its brains first to collapse the skull and you have "partial birth abortion". After that I'm guessing the baby wouldn't care all that much about the toilet.
.. which is illegal.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:00 AM   #237
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
.. which is illegal.
Tell it to these guys.
http://www.prochoice.org/tillerblog/...ge-tiller.html
Old 04-15-2013, 06:05 AM   #238
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
I know hundreds of physicians. My wife is an obstetrician. Neither of us knows a single person who performs elective abortions. This whole idea of "competent and ethical" physicians performing elective abortions is a myth. It requires a physician with at best a moral flexibility that can get past the first rule of medicine -- do no harm. In practical terms it very likely involves a physician who is incapable of making a living in a normal practice.
Dr Evil wasn't even an OBGYN. In any medical setting other than a state-abetted butcher shop this guy would have been shut down in months if not weeks. Instead the allegations stacked up for decades. And went uninvestigated in the holy name of choice.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:11 AM   #239
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

You disagree late term abortions even if they are medically indicated huh? (which is what Tiller did -- in accordance with staunchly conservative Kansas state law even)

And you have the cajones to claim others have an "extreme" position?
Old 04-15-2013, 06:16 AM   #240
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Gosnell would still be in business today if not for his narcotic distribution practice. It is the only reason he was ever stopped... Because the Feds asked the Philly department of health "uh, WTF is up with this?" To which the Philly DOH invoked the fifth amendment and lawyered up.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:18 AM   #241
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Quote:
You disagree late term abortions even if they are medically indicated huh? (which is what Tiller did -- in accordance with staunchly conservative Kansas state law even)

And you have the cajones to claim others have an "extreme" position?
Name a medical indication for killing a viable fetus. I'm truly interested.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:27 AM   #242
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Still waiting to hear about a medical indication that requires terminating the life of a viable fetus along with pregnancy, vs just terminating pregnancy by way of induced labor or cesarean section. I suspect there isn't one.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:29 AM   #243
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Name a medical indication for killing a viable fetus. I'm truly interested.
You deny that there are valid reasons to terminate a pregnancy even when the fetus is "legally" defined as "viable"?
Old 04-15-2013, 06:29 AM   #244
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
I don't believe there's a coordinated media conspiracy going on here. It's just the terror of the reality of their choice-at-any-cost dogma staring them in the face. There are only 2 possible reactions when you're confronted with the evil behind your beliefs being unveiled in front of you. You repent, or you look away.

Most chose to look away.

They know that if Dr. Gos had only performed those exact same procedures In Utero moments earlier, they'd be happily defending his right to do so. Some would even hail him as a champion of choice.

The criminal ridiculousness of their extreme positions are exposed. They want as few people to know about their shame as possible.
Agree with the bold part. The rest is just silly. First, if true, how do you explain the fact that this story was reported two years ago when Gosnell's practice was first discovered and charged? Second, you keep acting like the media is one person. The media is made up of thousands of people generally controlled by huge corporations. Every one of these people doesn't hold the same "extreme position".

And again, this is a case for legality, not against. I know that's hard for some of you to grasp, but it's really very simple despite being counterintuitive at first glance. There have been at least two articles posted in this thread explaining it. Illegality will lead to more Gonsells, not fewer. This is one of the primary reasons about half of the country is pro choice. You need to set aside your emotions for a moment and use reason.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:33 AM   #245
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Still waiting to hear about...
Still waiting to hear more about this "orchestrated media blackout" (your exact words) and how that works. Oh, and also what the media's motivation is for this blackout. Who's the man behind the curtain pulling all the levers?!?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:58 AM   #246
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Quote:
You deny that there are valid reasons to terminate a pregnancy even when the fetus is "legally" defined as "viable"?
Nope. Pregnancy can be terminated for medical reasons, and it happens all the time by way of induced labor or cesarean for a variety of valid medical indications. My question is what is the indication for terminating the life of a viable fetus as well?
Old 04-15-2013, 06:59 AM   #247
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Nope. Pregnancy can be terminated for medical reasons, and it happens all the time by way of induced labor or cesarean for a variety of valid medical indications. My question is what is the indication for terminating the life of a viable fetus as well?
What do you consider viable? 24 weeks?
Old 04-15-2013, 07:08 AM   #248
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Still waiting to hear more about this "orchestrated media blackout" (your exact words) and how that works. Oh, and also what the media's motivation is for this blackout. Who's the man behind the curtain pulling all the levers?!?
Keep holding your breath. Or read.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:52 AM   #249
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Quote:
What do you consider viable? 24 weeks?
Fetal maturity sufficient to allow survival into the neonatal period and later achieve independent status given the availability of requisite technological support.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:00 AM   #250
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Agree with the bold part. The rest is just silly. First, if true, how do you explain the fact that this story was reported two years ago when Gosnell's practice was first discovered and charged? Second, you keep acting like the media is one person. The media is made up of thousands of people generally controlled by huge corporations. Every one of these people doesn't hold the same "extreme position".
Funny thing is your second question answers your first. No blackout in a large market is 100%. Too many different wildcards and variables. It would be impossible for some article somewhere to not be published on some media company's website or print section ZZ. But let's be honest. Pointing to one article back-paged a couple years ago in regards to possibly the greatest known mass murder in (civil) American history does little to resolve the problem.

Not to mention responsible parties at major news outlets saying things like "it's just a local crime story"
Where's our Presidentially-declared National Moment of Healing? This is Sandy Hook x10+. Where's the front page headline?

Show me anything remotely similar. Truth of the matter is, the MSM is known and and accepted to be 80-90% left of center (and likely pro-choice to the same extent) Any intellectual culture that homogeneous tends towards groupthink and the shunning of non-consensus ideas. Finding a couple years-old examples and not much else does nothing but prove the exception to the beyond-obvious rule.

Quote:
And again, this is a case for legality, not against. I know that's hard for some of you to grasp, but it's really very simple despite being counterintuitive at first glance. There have been at least two articles posted in this thread explaining it. Illegality will lead to more Gonsells, not fewer. This is one of the primary reasons about half of the country is pro choice. You need to set aside your emotions for a moment and use reason.
Legalizing late-term murder might lead to less of it? Please go on. Tell me more.

Last edited by BroncoBeavis; 04-15-2013 at 08:11 AM..