The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2011, 07:58 AM   #1
Goobzilla
Lights Out B***h!
 
Goobzilla's Avatar
 
BA-ZING!!

Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Wellington
Posts: 6,462

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Erickson
Default Nate Jackson on 87.7 the Ticket

Nate Jackson on Vic & Gary right now, providing a little insight into McDaniels the person. Said he was told he was cut by someone else in the organization, when he called McD for clarification he never returned his calls. Also said he's not the only former Bronco with the same story.
Goobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2011, 08:02 AM   #2
CEH
Ring of Famer
 
CEH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 4,308
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobzilla View Post
Nate Jackson on Vic & Gary right now, providing a little insight into McDaniels the person. Said he was told he was cut by someone else in the organization, when he called McD for clarification he never returned his calls. Also said he's not the only former Bronco with the same story.
"Josh is a douche" was the first thing out of his mouth
CEH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:03 AM   #3
Inkana7
Ring of Famer
 
Inkana7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 8,614

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

Man I love Nate Jackson. I really do.
Inkana7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:03 AM   #4
Goobzilla
Lights Out B***h!
 
Goobzilla's Avatar
 
BA-ZING!!

Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Wellington
Posts: 6,462

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Erickson
Default

Sorry I missed the beginning then :-)
Goobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:10 AM   #5
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 25,421
Default

Josh was worried Nate would suffer a season ending injury answering the phone
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:16 AM   #6
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,405
Default

NFL teams bring 80 some odd players into camp every year. I doubt the HC personally notifies every single one who gets released. Maybe an old vet being put out to pasture. Just because Shanny inexplicably let Nate "Hamstring" Jackson's useless ass stay on the roster for years does not mean he was an important enough player that he should have given the red carpet trreatment out of town.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:17 AM   #7
Goobzilla
Lights Out B***h!
 
Goobzilla's Avatar
 
BA-ZING!!

Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Wellington
Posts: 6,462

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Erickson
Default

He's going into the Hillis & Cutler debacles after the break. This has been pretty interesting to listen to.
Goobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:19 AM   #8
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!
 
Ray Finkle's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 7,552
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
NFL teams bring 80 some odd players into camp every year. I doubt the HC personally notifies every single one who gets released. Maybe an old vet being put out to pasture. Just because Shanny inexplicably let Nate "Hamstring" Jackson's useless ass stay on the roster for years does not mean he was an important enough player that he should have given the red carpet trreatment out of town.
I agree with this....

Nate always seems whiney....still enjoying this though.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:19 AM   #9
Goobzilla
Lights Out B***h!
 
Goobzilla's Avatar
 
BA-ZING!!

Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Wellington
Posts: 6,462

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Erickson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
NFL teams bring 80 some odd players into camp every year. I doubt the HC personally notifies every single one who gets released. Maybe an old vet being put out to pasture. Just because Shanny inexplicably let Nate "Hamstring" Jackson's useless ass stay on the roster for years does not mean he was an important enough player that he should have given the red carpet trreatment out of town.
The guy was on the team for years, whether he was a star or not, the head coach needs to man up and tell him why he was released. Other Broncos got the exact same treatment from McD.
Goobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:56 AM   #10
Drek
Ring of Famer
 
Drek's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobzilla View Post
The guy was on the team for years, whether he was a star or not, the head coach needs to man up and tell him why he was released. Other Broncos got the exact same treatment from McD.
No he doesn't. Its a business. If Nate Jackson seriously doesn't know why he was released he's an idiot.

Its the NFL, not pee wee football. You don't get a hug and sunshine blown up your ass for losing a job in any competitive industry, why should you in the NFL?

Nate's lucky he's never had to work a real job and Shanny carried him long enough to get into the NFL's pension program.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:02 AM   #11
misturanderson
Ring of Famer
 
Why not?

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Diago
Posts: 1,792

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DemaryiusThomas
Default

Nate first started telling this story around the sports radio circuit 2 years ago. I'm sure there are probably 2 other threads about it.

Who cares what happened to Nate Jackson. If Shanny wouldn't have been so loyal to ****ty players it wouldn't even matter.
misturanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:04 AM   #12
montrose
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 6,077

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
Josh was worried Nate would suffer a season ending injury answering the phone
End thread.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:05 AM   #13
Mile High Shack
Ring of Famer
 
Mile High Shack's Avatar
 
Cock-a-doodle-do

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 16,938
Default

Nate Jackson is a better writer than he ever was a football player
Mile High Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:12 AM   #14
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"
 
WolfpackGuy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Delaware
Posts: 7,344
Default

McClueless was too busy trying to figure out new and exciting deals that would blow up in his face.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:16 AM   #15
Steve Sewell
Oh Tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!
 
Steve Sewell's Avatar
 
Patrick and Ty's pimp

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,625

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Reggie Rivers
Default

Nate Jackson seems like someone who's always had an axe to grind.
Steve Sewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:17 AM   #16
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,274

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

How about an update as to what he is saying or better yet a link to the interview.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:24 AM   #17
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 56,054

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
No he doesn't. Its a business. If Nate Jackson seriously doesn't know why he was released he's an idiot.

Its the NFL, not pee wee football. You don't get a hug and sunshine blown up your ass for losing a job in any competitive industry, why should you in the NFL?

Nate's lucky he's never had to work a real job and Shanny carried him long enough to get into the NFL's pension program.
My wife used to work at a company, which I won't name, and one day one of her co-workers found out she had been laid off when two security guards came to her desk, gave her ten minutes to gather her things, logged her off her computer, and then escorted her out of the building. And that was just a lay off. I guess if they fire you it's samurai swords or something.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:26 AM   #18
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,274

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
My wife used to work at a company, which I won't name, and one day one of her co-workers found out she had been laid off when two security guards came to her desk, gave her ten minutes to gather her things, logged her off her computer, and then escorted her out of the building. And that was just a lay off. I guess if they fire you it's samurai swords or something.
The Coors Brewing Company?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:30 AM   #19
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 56,054

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
The Coors Brewing Company?
It had to do with tele-communications.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:40 AM   #20
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,274

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
It had to do with tele-communications.
Gotta be AT&T or AOL
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:37 AM   #21
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Wilson, NC
Posts: 8,221

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
NFL teams bring 80 some odd players into camp every year. I doubt the HC personally notifies every single one who gets released. Maybe an old vet being put out to pasture. Just because Shanny inexplicably let Nate "Hamstring" Jackson's useless ass stay on the roster for years does not mean he was an important enough player that he should have given the red carpet trreatment out of town.
It's pretty standard practice in the NFL, Tony Dungy is the only coach that I know of that personally let every player go. He's the exception, not the rule.

Anyone ask Nate if Shanahan personally cut Mustard every week? Or did he just tell him at the beginning of the season "Hey Chad, we're going to cut you about 8 times this year, but don't worry about it, we'll resign you each time."
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:43 AM   #22
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 37,288
Default

I wouldn't bother calling Nate Jackson either. How did that guy ever collect an NFL paycheck?
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:49 AM   #23
Drek
Ring of Famer
 
Drek's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I wouldn't bother calling Nate Jackson either. How did that guy ever collect an NFL paycheck?
Because Bill Walsh once made the off-hand comment that Jackson would be a good NFL player.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:54 AM   #24
vancejohnson82
Shabby
 
vancejohnson82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hawthorne, NJ
Posts: 6,106

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points
Default

Maybe Nate Jackson's phone was dropping calls that day
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:21 AM   #25
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 25,421
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
Maybe Nate Jackson's phone was dropping calls that day
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:03 PM.


Denver Broncos