The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2011, 07:10 PM   #1
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Default Probably won't happen hear me out tho Texans and Broncos possible trade ? Elvis for Mario?

Swap Elvis Dumervil for Mario Williams

Why: Were switching to a 4-3 Mario Williams is a better 4-3 end and Texans are switching to a 3-4 which Dumervil had his most productive season in. Who knows how Mario will do in a 3-4 just because hes a great 4-3 end doesn't mean he will fit at OLB look at Kampman's situation with GB before landing in Jax.

question is would you do it?
I like Doom a lot but if we are switching to a 4-3 it be hard to turn this down even tho I think Doom will do just fine in a 4-3

Last edited by KevinJames; 01-18-2011 at 07:14 PM..
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2011, 07:13 PM   #2
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

I would do it, but it's highly unlikely it will happen!
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:14 PM   #3
GoBroncos84
Perennial Pro-bowler

Crucify the Ego

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post

Why: Were switching to a 4-3 Mario Williams is a better 4-3 end and Texans are switching to a 3-4 which Dumervil had his most productive season in.

I like Doom a lot but if we are switching to a 4-3 it be hard to turn this down even tho I think Doom will do just fine in a 4-3
I doubt the Texans would do this trade, but if they offered it straight up and we are switching to a 4-3 we would be crazy not to do it. Love Doom, but Mario is a more complete player.
GoBroncos84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:14 PM   #4
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Let's swap Orton for Peyton while we're at it.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:14 PM   #5
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

I love blackberry cobbler
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:14 PM   #6
Rashomon
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Why: Were switching to a 4-3 Mario Williams is a better 4-3 end and Texans are switching to a 3-4 which Dumervil had his most productive season in.

Denver should do that in a heartbeat, and Houston should fire their GM for making a historically bad trade. Give up the first pick in the draft for an undersized player coming off a major injury that may impact his future effectiveness.
Rashomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:18 PM   #7
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
Not even the same

Mario has only 5 more sacks than Elvis and they were drafted in the same season but Elvis didn't play this year obviously so Mario has gotten one more full year on him so I think Elvis would most certainly have more career sacks at this point.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:22 PM   #8
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Houston's fan base would kill them.

You think McD took shiit for the NE connection imagine what they'd be saying about Kubes in Houston.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:23 PM   #9
primetime714

I don't get why everyone thinks Doom is a 3-4 guy. Most of his sacks in 2009 were when he lined up in the 3 point stance which is exactly what he'd do every play in a 4-3. I think he did so well in 2009 because Nolan knew how best to utilize him. The fact that they used a base 3-4 had very little to do with it.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:24 PM   #10
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Houston's fan base would kill them.

You think McD took shiit for the NE connection imagine what they'd be saying about Kubes in Houston.
Either way Kubes is gonna be roasted because Mario Williams simply does not fit right in a 3-4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime714 View Post
I don't get why everyone thinks Doom is a 3-4 guy. Most of his sacks in 2009 were when he lined up in the 3 point stance which is exactly what he'd do every play in a 4-3. I think he did so well in 2009 because Nolan knew how best to utilize him. The fact that they used a base 3-4 had very little to do with it.
of course he had more sacks in that stance, because they were mostly on third downs when most sacks occur, and your not going to be in a basic 3-4 look with Doom standing up very much on that down, so I think the numbers are a bit skewed, he still brought plenty of pressure on 1st and 2nd down if a pass were called while he was standing up playing LB.

Last edited by KevinJames; 01-18-2011 at 07:27 PM..
Old 01-18-2011, 07:24 PM   #11
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashomon View Post
Denver should do that in a heartbeat, and Houston should fire their GM for making a historically bad trade. Give up the first pick in the draft for an undersized player coming off a major injury that may impact his future effectiveness.
did I miss the injury that you are talking about ? tell me what is Carrier threating ?
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:25 PM   #12
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

by the way hell no I will keep Dvile
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:26 PM   #13
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Either way Kubes is gonna be roasted because Mario Williams simply does not fit right in a 3-4.
Dude your idea is silly, sorry.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:28 PM   #14
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Dude your idea is silly, sorry.
Might be silly to you but it makes sense, you will see im sure Doom will be fine in a 4-3 we know this from the past but I don't know that you can say the same for a 6-6 300 lb defensive end going to a 3-4.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:32 PM   #15
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Errrrrr. Come on now. Mario is a complete player. I'm sure they'll find a way to work him in to a 3-4...
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:33 PM   #16
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

In madden , If you play the 3-4 with Doom at a LB he is a 94ish , If you play a 4-3 and move him back to a end he's a 99 ...
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:34 PM   #17
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

out with the old, IN WITH THE NEW

Quote:
Thank you, someone other than me noticed this. I've said this 100 times already, all but 1-2 sacks from 09 were when he lined up with 4 dlineman.

However primetime, the reports were that he greatly improved his run defense for the 2010 season...
The MVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:37 PM   #18
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:

Why would they do it?
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:50 PM   #19
primetime714

Quote:
of course he had more sacks in that stance, because they were mostly on third downs when most sacks occur, and your not going to be in a basic 3-4 look with Doom standing up very much on that down, so I think the numbers are a bit skewed, he still brought plenty of pressure on 1st and 2nd down if a pass were called while he was standing up playing LB.
That's fair. Still the point I was trying to make is that his play certainly doesn't suffer when he plays up on the line as a DE and in fact you could make an argument that he is better suited for that type of role.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:58 PM   #20
bronco0608
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

It makes a lot of sense to me if we do move to a 4-3. Is there any official confirmation of that?

Mario Williams would essentially be wasted as a 3-4 DT in the fact that he is not an interior guy, and his best ability is coming from the outside.

Very interesting thread. In the end, I would be happy with either one. A no lose situation to me.
bronco0608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:33 PM   #21
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco0608 View Post
It makes a lot of sense to me if we do move to a 4-3. Is there any official confirmation of that?

Mario Williams would essentially be wasted as a 3-4 DT in the fact that he is not an interior guy, and his best ability is coming from the outside.

Very interesting thread. In the end, I would be happy with either one. A no lose situation to me.
nothing official but we are interested in Jim Mora who always runs a 4-3 and our HC is Fox who ran a 4-3 in Carolina, and the fact that most college players already know the 4-3 grew up in the 4-3 same with some free agents we will pursue all indications point to 4-3 but nothing official yet.

I know were a 3-4 team but its going to be easier and a much smoother transition to switch to a 4-3 than it was for us to go to 3-4 from a 4-3.

Quote:
That's fair. Still the point I was trying to make is that his play certainly doesn't suffer when he plays up on the line as a DE and in fact you could make an argument that he is better suited for that type of role.
Maybe, but hes a smaller DE in that role may hurt us in the run game, and he might wear down against bigger OL, who I didn't sense much of that in previous years where we ran the 4-3 so who knows
Old 01-18-2011, 09:45 PM   #22
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

I hate made up theories or thoughts not substantiated by the slightest thread of evidence.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:46 PM   #23
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
Here we go with the Hillis stuff again!
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:50 PM   #24
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:

Why: Were switching to a 4-3 Mario Williams is a better 4-3 end and Texans are switching to a 3-4 which Dumervil had his most productive season in. Who knows how Mario will do in a 3-4 just because hes a great 4-3 end doesn't mean he will fit at OLB look at Kampman's situation with GB before landing in Jax.

I'd tell you to stick with your day job, but your movies aren't very good either.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:06 PM   #25
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkemical View Post
I'd tell you to stick with your day job, but your movies aren't very good either.
This never gets old.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote