The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2011, 04:14 PM   #1
Merlin
Ring of Famer

Default Elway's Take on McD?

In commenting about Fox, Elway had this to say the recent past;
"The thing that got me was his wisdom and his energy," Elway said. "This place has been deflated for a year and maybe even two years."

Even two years? Is he suggesting that McD destroyed the energy of the team that far back?

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com...g-broncos.html
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2011, 04:24 PM   #2
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
In commenting about Fox, Elway had this to say the recent past;
"The thing that got me was his wisdom and his energy," Elway said. "This place has been deflated for a year and maybe even two years."

Even two years? Is he suggesting that McD destroyed the energy of the team that far back?

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com...g-broncos.html
It seems clear that's what he's saying. With McD gone and people now coming out of the woodwork to distance from him, I wonder what his brother thinks still working for the team?
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:25 PM   #3
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

since McD has been gone, people around the team have been hinting to the local media that they weren't particularly fond of Josh. it comes up when Dave Logan speaks about the team, and I guess now that Elway is the "point man" for the franchise, you can tell he's being as diplomatic as he can be, but that he didn't have a whole lot of fondness for Josh either.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 05:33 PM   #4
CEH
Ring of Famer

Vic Lombardi host the coaches show and they were joking but dead serious this morning that Josh did not like the way Vic would stare at him during their TV shows

McD was just the oddest, bi polar, bubble screen running, hoodie wearing OC to come through the NFL in years

What he did in his first 6 weeks on the job will go down as NFL lore
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:02 AM   #5
Merlin
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
And as stupid as I think McD's actions were, I blame Ellis even more for allowing them to come to fruition. The instant the #*(% started hitting the fan they should have pulled in the reins on the new kid, and kept him from decimating the team, especially since Bowlen had just told us we was not going to allow any more one man shows...but instead he allowed the inexperienced, smart, supremely arrogant, ignorant, coach with a Napoleonic complex to have his way with a storied franchise.
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:14 AM   #6
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Meh, whatever. We got Tebow, Elway and Fox on the Team. Sometimes you have to deconstruct before you can Construct, by whatever means necessary.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:17 PM   #7
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

I'm sure just like with the fans by about his second week on the job they all though, as we all did, that the beady eyed little liar didn't know WTF he was doing. It was pretty obvious just from the Mike Leach debacle and that was what, his second day on the job?
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:25 PM   #8
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Elway gave an interview with Dave Logan the day he was officially introduced into the front office, where he pulled no punches about the McDaniels era. It was honestly shocking the degree to which Elway beat up McD in that interview.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:32 PM   #9
NYBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play2Win View Post
Meh, whatever. We got Tebow, Elway and Fox on the Team. Sometimes you have to deconstruct before you can Construct, by whatever means necessary.
Nice!
NYBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:33 PM   #10
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

There's alot of self serving statements going on naturally. It's always entirely the other guy's fault who's no longer here. Stop blaming people and get to work. Right now, the current FO has never accomplished anything of value in their role, so I don't want to hear it. STFU. Prove to us through your actions and decisions (and results) that we're being guided by something more than a completely inexperienced former player and a pizza boy who has no dick. I don't want to hear finger pointing. Just do you ****ing job and STFU.

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:36 PM   #11
AlienBronco
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play2Win View Post
It sure felt like destruction!
AlienBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:55 PM   #12
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
There's alot of self serving statements going on naturally. It's always entirely the other guy's fault who's no longer here. Stop blaming people and get to work. Right now, the current FO has never accomplished anything of value in their role, so I don't want to hear it. STFU. Prove to us through your actions and decisions (and results) that we're being guided by something more than a completely inexperienced former player and a pizza boy who has no dick. I don't want to hear finger pointing. Just do you ****ing job and STFU.
They hired Fox and resisted the temptation to hire what they know(Dennison). That is a good and important accomplishment as far as I'm concerned.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:56 PM   #13
MacGruder

Is Elway talking about McD or Orton?
Old 01-15-2011, 02:02 PM   #14
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

I don't think he's directly talking about anyone in this interview. Is some of it implied to be about McD probably, but there are a lot of things in the last 1 to 2 years that went wrong and he never specified at least in the link I read that it was McD alone. He was smart enough not to mention anyone by name.

And its weird anyway, wasn't there some thing about McD reaching out to John sometime back and being directly tied to bringing John back around the facility? It seems unlikely to me that John will ever directly say this whole thing was Josh's fault.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:05 PM   #15
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Elway gave an interview with Dave Logan the day he was officially introduced into the front office, where he pulled no punches about the McDaniels era. It was honestly shocking the degree to which Elway beat up McD in that interview.
Can you link that Doc?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:12 PM   #16
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Well we got Tebow and that looks like that's on Josh same with Bay Bay. So when they lay off the personal decisions on Josh they got to give him the good with the bad. The only bad I see is the Smith trade and drafting Quinn too high. Hillis looks bad right now but if Quinn the QB develops that will take some of the sting out of it.
Old 01-15-2011, 02:27 PM   #17
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Can you link that Doc?
http://www.850koa.com/cc-common/main...rticle=8005906
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:37 PM   #18
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Vic Lombardi host the coaches show and they were joking but dead serious this morning that Josh did not like the way Vic would stare at him during their TV shows

McD was just the oddest, bi polar, bubble screen running, hoodie wearing OC to come through the NFL in years

maybe the real Josh was "body snatched" after week 6 and replaced with a replicant, remote-controlled from Belichick's bunker in Foxboro...

Old 01-15-2011, 02:40 PM   #19
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
yeah! YEAH!! how dare they?! it's been a whole week and what does Elway have to show for it? seriously... Fox has been on the job for 2 days now and we've got nothing to hang our hat on!!! where is that 3rd Lombardi we've been promised. we're waiting... are you listening Dove Valley?

/sarc
Old 01-15-2011, 02:46 PM   #20
EzBronco715

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
I don't think he's directly talking about anyone in this interview. Is some of it implied to be about McD probably, but there are a lot of things in the last 1 to 2 years that went wrong and he never specified at least in the link I read that it was McD alone. He was smart enough not to mention anyone by name.

And its weird anyway, wasn't there some thing about McD reaching out to John sometime back and being directly tied to bringing John back around the facility? It seems unlikely to me that John will ever directly say this whole thing was Josh's fault.

This
Old 01-15-2011, 03:22 PM   #21
MacGruder

Sometimes a lot of team success can be about chemistry between coach and and their star players. I think McD and Orton may have been too similar in that way. I think Tebow might have been the perfect counter to McD so McD not playing him from the start could have really cost him.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:38 PM   #22
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Thanks

some telling stuff there. Not hard to figure out Hillis is all on McD and maybe the Smith trade too. It seems that was about the time he started flying solo with regard to trades.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:39 PM   #23
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Can't argue much with this.

I think Elway will do a great job, but I can't argue with that post at all.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 04:35 PM   #24
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
They hired Fox and resisted the temptation to hire what they know(Dennison). That is a good and important accomplishment as far as I'm concerned.
Not stepping on your dick first thing out of the gate doesn't mean you know what you're doing.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote