The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2011, 12:53 AM   #1
Boomhauer

Default Party like it's 2009!

Time to get excited for the Broncos new direction. Just like two years ago, the Broncos FO has selected the worst option interviewed, but what will it mean this time? I'm expecting the defense, near worst in the league in every catagory, to improve. How much, and if they can when they're on the field 35min/game, remains to be seen.

There's also a new direction in HC style. While Shanny and McD were tyrants, Fox is an administrator that leaves the coaching to his coordinators. Whoever he brings in will be the ones responsible for the Broncos play, yet Fox will stand on their record. He managed a .500 record, even with playoff runs, because the team tanked when his coordinators did a poor job and Fox was unable to help.

The new face of the Broncos is now an impotent, bench warmer with nothing to bring to the organization, only take a paycheck from it. At least he won't be a plague like McD, but the Broncos could have done much better and clearly have a problem with their selection methods in the FO. Keeping Xanders also begs the question of how much will this team improve.

Last edited by Boomhauer; 01-14-2011 at 12:56 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2011, 12:55 AM   #2
Killericon
YES A DT!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomhauer View Post
Time to get excited for the Broncos new direction. Just like two years ago, the Broncos FO has selected the worst option interviewed, but what will it mean this time? I'm expecting the defense, near worst in the league in every catagory, to improve. How much, and if they can when they're on the field 35min/game, remains to be seen.

There's also a new direction in HC style. While Shanny and McD were tyrants, Fox is an administrator that leaves the coaching to his coordinators. Whoever he brings in will be the ones responsible for the Broncos play, yet Fox will stand on their record. He managed a .500 record, even with playoff runs, because the team tanked when his coordinators did a poor job and Fox was unable to help.

The new face of the Broncos is now an impotent, bench warmer with nothing to bring to the organization, only take a paycheck from it. At least he won't be a plague like McD, but the Broncos could have done much better and clearly have a problem with their selection methods in the FO.
Clearly.

I like how you supported your position by saying that Fox delegates power. THAT DEFINITELY MEANS HE SUCKS.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:05 AM   #3
ton80
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:

The new face of the Broncos is now an impotent, bench warmer with nothing to bring to the organization, only take a paycheck from it. At least he won't be a plague like McD, but the Broncos could have done much better and clearly have a problem with their selection methods in the FO. Keeping Xanders also begs the question of how much will this team improve.
Clearly
ton80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:54 AM   #4
Boomhauer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killericon View Post
...I like how you supported your position by saying that Fox delegates power.
THAT DEFINITELY MEANS HE SUCKS.
Just means he's a waste of space and a lost opportunity to improve the Broncos.
"Coach. How will you stop next week's offense?" Fox-"Go ask the DC."
"Coach. Why'd the Broncos struggle running?" Fox-"Go ask the OC."
"Any hints as how you'll be drafting?" Fox-"Nope. Not my department."
"What record are you aiming for this year." Fox-"Depends on the coaching."
"How will Tebow and Moreno improve?" Fox-"What am I, a coach?"
"Fox. Why is Bowlen paying you?" Fox-"You'ld have to ask Ellis."

Last edited by Boomhauer; 01-14-2011 at 03:06 AM..
Old 01-14-2011, 03:19 AM   #5
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Hey brother, just wanted to say that the story you outlined in the above post is cool.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 05:01 AM   #6
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Clearly. Cool. Starry. Bra.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 05:43 AM   #7
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

I remember now why I have this tool on ignore
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:08 AM   #8
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Ah, nothing like the rank smell of a disappointed Kubiak/Dennison lover in the morning.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:28 AM   #9
worm
Great moments are born...

...from great opportunity

Adopt-a-Bronco:

Now I know the Broncos are on the right track.
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:36 AM   #10
Mile High Shack
Ring of Famer

Cock-a-doodle-do

I figure there is no reason to argue with idiots, so I just give you Kanye West baking

Mile High Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:50 AM   #11
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:56 AM   #12
Shoemaker
A Lurker No More

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

So you weren't happy with a coach with too much control, but you are also unhappy with a coach who delegates control? And Fox, a coach who has made several NFC championship games and almost won a superbowl after rebuilding a 1-15 team, was "the worst candidate" on a coaching list that included Rick Dennison and Eric Studesville?

Did you actually have a coach you would have been happy with, Forums Poster Boomhauer, or do you just enjoy complaining about what the Broncos are doing wrong so much that you were predisposed to hate whoever we brought in?
Shoemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:57 AM   #13
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

The guy is the anti-McDaniels. Defense first, run the ball, comfortable in his own skin, loved by most of his players. So **** off if you don't like him.

And FTR, I liked Dennison. I wanted Dennison to be our next coach. Dennison is kind of a crapshoot though. Fox was kind of an afterthought in my mind. Just didn't think we'd hire him. But passing on Dennison for Fox is nothing like 2009 where passing on Spag to hire McD was like a kick in the nuts as soon as the news came out.

This is a very safe, smart hire. Its probably the right hire. Anyone that does the homework pretty much knows what they are getting in Fox. So call me 100% on board with this guy.

I predict a 4-6 win improvement next year.

Last edited by spdirty; 01-14-2011 at 09:02 AM..
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:03 AM   #14
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:

Translation:

"LOOK AT MEEEEEEEEEEE!"
Old 01-14-2011, 09:08 AM   #15
Man-Goblin
Giving You The Business

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

I still remember the thread title. Something like "McDaniels Hired - Bringing in Nolan AND Capers to coach D"

I was so stoked. It WAS time to party.

But they lost Capers to Green Bay and since then the Packers have been able to quickly transition from the 4-3 to the 3-4 and build a pretty damn good defense in the process.

Oh well. I love the Fox hire, but I'm not going to party until they can at least get a defensive coordinator that will stick around for more than a year.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:14 AM   #16
scorpio
Cubicle Pimp

clown.
scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:26 AM   #17
schaaf

Quote:
Are you a douche in real life or is it just on here?
Old 01-14-2011, 09:52 AM   #18
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Quote:
This is overly simplistic. A leader or coach, who wants to be effective will delegate to his coordinators but will still know what is going on with them. He will most certainly be involved in all game planning and approve or disapprove of the direction he chooses. His most important job right now is installing competent staff that he can trust to do the job, but will also work in cooperation with his vision for the team to ensure it is accomplished. A coach is like any other project manager, he can't do everything by him/herself and therefore designates qualified people to take point on specific areas. However, they will be working with his overarching plan and they will get his approval before moving forward on anything which means he will be able to answer those questions above because he will be briefed on everything. He won't plan it all himself, that doesn't work. Look at what happened with McD, he tried to do it all for either power or whatever reason and it failed.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:17 AM   #19
Steve Sewell
Oh Tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

Patrick and Ty's pimp

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Reggie Rivers

Steve Sewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:07 PM   #20
Boomhauer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoemaker View Post
...Did you actually have a coach you would have been happy with, Forums Poster Boomhauer, or do you just enjoy complaining about what the Broncos are doing wrong so much that you were predisposed to hate whoever we brought in?
You can check my post at the end of Poll: Name New Head Coach v3.0
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...t=96341&page=3
which I also reposted on Poll: New Head Coach v4.0 listing Koetter as #1, Fewell as #2, but barely ahead of Dennison. Fox was #4 only if we just want a benchwarmer and sideline face for the next couple years. Seems that's the direction the Broncos are taking.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:22 PM   #21
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

Peddling the Orange Addiction

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Koetter as #1?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:26 PM   #22
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:36 PM   #23
Boomhauer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Sewell View Post
Multiple variations of this same comment leads to the question, Is it a standard response on this forum for those without an intelligent argument to the contrary or actually impressed by my statement and I'm assuming sarcasm?
Old 01-14-2011, 09:39 PM   #24
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Multiple variations of this same comment leads to the question, Is it a standard response on this forum for those without an intelligent argument to the contrary or actually impressed by my statement and I'm assuming sarcasm?
You a doing great here. Keep it up.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:46 PM   #25
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Quote:
The thermal kinetic property exhibited by your anecdotal corollary is metaphorically less than the surrounding environment, my fictitious male sibling.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote