The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2011, 07:42 PM   #1
ICON
|^|Punter of Gnomes|^|

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..Snap!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving
Default 2011 Panthers Free Agents

who do you think John Fox will try and make a move on D Will or some other player(s) from the Panthers??

DeAngelo Williams (CAR) – Jonathan Stewart and the emergence of Mike Goodson could make DeAngelo Williams expendable to the Panthers. After a short-lived, ineffective 2010 season, a tag and trade seems less likely. If he’s an unrestricted free agent after this year, Williams could leave Carolina for a team willing to offer him a starting position and the money that comes along with it.

Ryan Kalil (CAR) – The Panthers have an uphill battle to return to the playoffs and seemingly have holes at nearly every position. However, center is not one of them, with Ryan Kalil playing consistently good football for them for the entirety of his rookie contract.

Charles Johnson (CAR) – Julius who? The Panthers replaced Peppers with 2007 3rd round pick, who quietly reached double digit sacks and surpassed Peppers’ sack total this year.

James Anderson (CAR) – The breakout of strongside linebacker James Anderson has been one of the bright spot for the Panthers. Anderson has done a nice job of filling the stat sheet and has been every bit as productive for the Panthers defense as it looks on paper.

Thomas Davis (CAR) – Before suffering a torn ACL, Thomas Davis was having his best season as the Panthers’ outside linebacker. Shortly after recovering, Davis suffered a 2nd torn ACL, which has kept him off the field for all of 2010. Who knows how effective he’ll be when he returns to the field.

Richard Marshall (CAR) – Marshall has been okay in coverage over the years, but good in run support. He won’t be at the top of the Panthers priority list, .

Last edited by ICON; 01-13-2011 at 07:49 PM..
ICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2011, 07:45 PM   #2
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Hopefully every single one of them.

TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:46 PM   #3
schaaf

I wouldnt mind if he picked up any of them.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:48 PM   #4
Tim

charles johnson would be nice
Old 01-13-2011, 07:49 PM   #5
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Hopefully every single one of them.

Dis!
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:51 PM   #6
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Are we still assuming he's gonna go 4-3? Has he had any experience or said anything in the past to suggest he'll consider 3-4? Don't know much about Fox, he was always just that loser coach in Carolina so never paid attention.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:53 PM   #7
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
Are we still assuming he's gonna go 4-3? Has he had any experience or said anything in the past to suggest he'll consider 3-4? Don't know much about Fox, he was always just that loser coach in Carolina so never paid attention.
Yeah, that loser coach without any back-to-back losing seasons on his record, several playoff appearances, and a Super Bowl appearance.

You're as smart as we thought you were.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:55 PM   #8
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Fox wont bring any of them in. Elway and Xanders will...

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:56 PM   #9
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Does it matter? Everyone of these guys hits a position of need!

A guy like Deangelo Williams takes a LOT of load off Moreno. Maybe he can become a solid contributor in an evenly shared carry role.

Ryan Kalil solidifies the interior of our OL where we currently have the worst center in the NFL.

Charles Johnson would be an outstanding player in a 4-3 OR a 3-4 standing up and rushing the passer opposite Elvis.

We need LBers like crazy and James Anderson would be just what the doctor ordered.

Thomas Davis can go back to being the SS that he was meant to be here.

Richard Marshall is slightly above average, but he's more talented, younger and better than Goodman.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:57 PM   #10
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

I really like Johnson and Marshall. Just say NO to Williams.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:58 PM   #11
cousinal11
East Coast Bronco

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
charles johnson would be nice
Any of those guys would help.

Wouldn't be crazy about breaking the bank on DeAngelo, however.
cousinal11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:58 PM   #12
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
C'mon man.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:59 PM   #13
ICON
|^|Punter of Gnomes|^|

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
People always say that in his 9 years he only got them to the playoffs 3 times. Well, in how many of those seasons were they just riddled with injuries? In 2006 the panthers had a ton of injuries on the defense and offense. In 2007, Delhomme was playing lights out until he hurt his elbow and thus resulting in the quarterback shuffle that occurred there. Im sure at times Fox was frustrating, but he was never incompetent. He was never very revealing to the media and there fans, but he was well-respected by the players who played hard underneath him.

I really hope he brings Skipper with him We need him as RB coach.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:02 PM   #14
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Not a fan of committing large dollars to a FA running back. Just find one in the mid to late rounds and plug that **** in.
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:05 PM   #15
frerottenextelway
█████

█████

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██

Long snapper?
frerottenextelway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:08 PM   #16
cousinal11
East Coast Bronco

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICON View Post
People always say that in his 9 years he only got them to the playoffs 3 times. Well, in how many of those seasons were they just riddled with injuries? In 2006 the panthers had a ton of injuries on the defense and offense. In 2007, Delhomme was playing lights out until he hurt his elbow and thus resulting in the quarterback shuffle that occurred there. Im sure at times Fox was frustrating, but he was never incompetent. He was never very revealing to the media and there fans, but he was well-respected by the players who played hard underneath him.

I really hope he brings Skipper with him We need him as RB coach.
I think 4 out of his 9 years the QB didn't het hurt. 1 he went to the SB vs NE (loss by 3), 1 to the NFC Championship vs Sea, and 1 time Delhome turned the ball over 6 times in a playoff game vs Ari.
cousinal11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:10 PM   #17
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

Quote:
Originally Posted by frerottenextelway View Post
Long snapper?
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:11 PM   #18
schaaf

I would say if you can get Deangelo for fairly cheap bring him in. It could be very worth it trying to pick up Johnson and Davis
Old 01-13-2011, 08:18 PM   #19
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

A lot depends on what teams do with the CBA in limbo. WHo knows what FA will even be like. Also who knows what guys resign with teams.

Having said that it is logical a coach would look to a couple former players. I would rather look at the Raider FA.

Micheal Bush, Zach Miller, Gallery, Asa, hurt thine enemy.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:21 PM   #20
serious hops
Developmental poster

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Kuper

I wouldn't object to any of them, but if I had to pick one I'd probably take Ryan Kahlil or Charles Johnson. I'm guessing those'll be their top priorities to re-sign, though.

I've been a big fan of Deangelo Williams dating back to the draft, but I would be a little wary of him depending on the price. If he's not looking for that big contract he could be a fantastic pickup-- he has great vision and instincts, good burst, and some versatility. And I don't think he's run into the ground just yet-- he's a guy that very well could have a couple of big seasons left in him IF he can stay healthy for the better part of sixteen games, but that's always been the rub with Deangelo.
serious hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:25 PM   #21
ICON
|^|Punter of Gnomes|^|

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinal11 View Post
I think 4 out of his 9 years the QB didn't het hurt. 1 he went to the SB vs NE (loss by 3), 1 to the NFC Championship vs Sea, and 1 time Delhome turned the ball over 6 times in a playoff game vs Ari.
I think this is a good hire for us Broncos. We have the clout and resources to go out and let him get a good offensive coordinator, something they seemingly could never do, and with John Elway involved in the front office, I would imagine the offense will be more creative.

back on topic... I think Marshall will come to Denver he drafted him.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:27 PM   #22
GoBroncos84
Perennial Pro-bowler

Crucify the Ego

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

All of those names would be nice additions, depending on price. Kalil would be the best, but Carolina will most likely pay him. I wouldn't want to pay much for DeAngelo. I like him, and he would be a good addition with Moreno. But as others have said, i'd rather draft a capable back in the mid-rounds and spend the money elsewhere. Derrick Locke is the guy I have been championing in the 6th round if he is still on the board.
GoBroncos84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:32 PM   #23
schaaf

Derrick Locke? where is he from?

What is some info on him? Too lazy to look him up myself
Old 01-13-2011, 08:34 PM   #24
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Yeah, that loser coach without any back-to-back losing seasons on his record, several playoff appearances, and a Super Bowl appearance.

You're as smart as we thought you were.
Haha... you're definitely a glass half full kinda guy.

8-8, 7-9, 8-8, 2-14...

You're right, no back to back losing seasons. He hasn't even led his team to a winning season since '05-'06 though.

In fact, I think I counted two winning seasons through his entire tenure at Carolina. But, hey, at least he didn't have losing seasons back to back!
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:35 PM   #25
serious hops
Developmental poster

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Kuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBroncos84 View Post
Derrick Locke is the guy I have been championing in the 6th round if he is still on the board.
I didn't see any of their games this season, but I remember watching watching a few a year or two ago, and he stuck out to me. Looked like a decisive runner with a serious burst. Pretty small, though-- has he bulked up some?
serious hops is offline   Reply With Quote