The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2011, 05:47 PM   #1
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

out with the old, IN WITH THE NEW

Default Report: Chargers set to name Greg Manusky defensive coordinator

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-coordinator/

Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune reports that Greg Manusky is set to be named Chargers defensive coordinator, although he cautions the deal isnít done quite yet.

----------------------------------------------------

If San Diego lands him, losing Rivera won't be as bad as originally thought.

Can't believe we don't try to bring this guy in...

However, Broncos fans are pretty clueless so they probably don't give a damn until SD whoops that ass and then look, WE SHOULD HAVE GOT MANUSKY.
The MVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2011, 05:50 PM   #2
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

The defensive coordinator for a defensive head coach who got fired(He worked under Nolan and Singletary). This would be like Vikings fans getting excited over bringing in Mike McCoy as their OC. Mark me down as unintimidated.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:02 PM   #3
✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lyle Alzado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killericon View Post
The defensive coordinator for a defensive head coach who got fired(He worked under Nolan and Singletary). This would be like Vikings fans getting excited over bringing in Mike McCoy as their OC. Mark me down as unintimidated.
Why is everybody so down on McCoy?

He did a decent job with the three games he had with Tebow. He only has called plays for four games in his entire career.

I recall his playing days at Utah. He was a darn good collegiate QB. At least he know what it's like to line up behind center unlike McDaniels who couldn't even take snaps at a DIII school.
✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:07 PM   #4
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MVPlaya View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-coordinator/

Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune reports that Greg Manusky is set to be named Chargers defensive coordinator, although he cautions the deal isnít done quite yet.

----------------------------------------------------

If San Diego lands him, losing Rivera won't be as bad as originally thought.

However, Broncos fans are pretty clueless so they probably don't give a damn until SD whoops that ass and then look, WE SHOULD HAVE GOT MANUSKY.
I figured they would promote from within. That defense doesn't need a change in philosophy which is what any outside guy is going to bring. I'm pretty sure now that their defense takes a step back next season.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:13 PM   #5
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

Quote:
You're an idiot man. He did a great job in SF and is a great DC choice and is the best DC available... your logic actually makes absolutely no sense. Mike McCoy didn't call plays or do anything.

You must be one of those who thought Singletary was a DC...
Old 01-13-2011, 06:15 PM   #6
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I figured they would promote from within. That defense doesn't need a change in philosophy which is what any outside guy is going to bring. I'm pretty sure now that their defense takes a step back next season.
Manusky offers physicality in his defenses. It will be a smooth transition for them.

With that being said:

They were the #1 or 2 ranked defense last year, so taking a "step back" is probably likely. What made Rivera so great was that he was able to maximize his talent.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:16 PM   #7
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡ View Post
Why is everybody so down on McCoy?

He did a decent job with the three games he had with Tebow. He only has called plays for four games in his entire career.

I recall his playing days at Utah. He was a darn good collegiate QB. At least he know what it's like to line up behind center unlike McDaniels who couldn't even take snaps at a DIII school.
I'm fine with McCoy, but he's nothing to get excited about, and neither is Manusky.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:17 PM   #8
Lev Vyvanse
Ring of Famer

We should have hired the DC on the same day as the head coach?
Lev Vyvanse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:19 PM   #9
Agamemnon

Quote:
Manusky offers physicality in his defenses. It will be a smooth transition for them.

With that being said:

They were the #1 or 2 ranked defense last year, so taking a "step back" is probably likely. What made Rivera so great was that he was able to maximize his talent.
As far as I'm aware the 49ers run a very different 3-4 than the Chargers. Maybe I'm wrong. Just seems like an internal promotion would make more sense. Maybe they just don't think much of any of their positional guys...
Old 01-13-2011, 06:20 PM   #10
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Is the NFL coaching fraternity an average representation of the Peter Principle or an above average reflection of the syndrome.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:22 PM   #11
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

Quote:
I'm fine with McCoy, but he's nothing to get excited about, and neither is Manusky.
Right.

Niners allowed under 100 yards rushing per game this past season, and thats's despite losing in time of possession in 12 out of the 16 games they played this year. Think about that for a second.

Manusky was actually coveted to be a potential HC at the beginning of the season until Niners took a complete dump.

Killeridiot
Old 01-13-2011, 06:23 PM   #12
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lev Vyvanse View Post
We should have hired the DC on the same day as the head coach?
We should set up interviews.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:24 PM   #13
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Is the NFL coaching fraternity an average representation of the Peter Principle or an above average reflection of the syndrome.
It would seem to be the textbook example of it.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:24 PM   #14
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
As far as I'm aware the 49ers run a very different 3-4 than the Chargers. Maybe I'm wrong. Just seems like an internal promotion would make more sense. Maybe they just don't think much of any of their positional guys...
lol... so where did the awareness come from that the Niners ran a "very" different 3-4 from the Chargers?
Old 01-13-2011, 06:27 PM   #15
Lev Vyvanse
Ring of Famer

Quote:
We should set up interviews.
If you put a coaching staff in place before hiring a head coach, any HC prospect worth a **** would run away screaming.

Last edited by Lev Vyvanse; 01-13-2011 at 06:29 PM..
Old 01-13-2011, 06:29 PM   #16
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lev Vyvanse View Post
If you put a coaching staff in place before hiring a head coach and any HC prospect worth a **** would run away screaming.
Interviews.. you know... the process of inquiring about a certain person? They could have easily done it TODAY.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:29 PM   #17
Agamemnon

Quote:
lol... so where did the awareness come from that the Niners ran a "very" different 3-4 from the Chargers?
I don't pretend to know much about the 49ers, but I thought they run a 2 gap scheme like we've been running. Pretty sure the Chargers are more of a 1 gap defense. But like I said, I don't know much about the 49ers.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:31 PM   #18
Agamemnon

Quote:
Interviews.. you know... the process of inquiring about a certain person? They could have easily done it TODAY.
I tend to think you need a HC in position before inquiring about coordinator candidates. At least if you want to appear professional about it.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:33 PM   #19
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

ultimately the HC decides who his staff is. There may be some carry overs but DC & OC will be picked by Fox.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:34 PM   #20
Lev Vyvanse
Ring of Famer

Quote:
He is about to be named DC at SD and you think he's going to interview with the Broncos? Are you that ****ing stupid?
Old 01-13-2011, 06:34 PM   #21
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

Quote:
You're an idiot man. He did a great job in SF and is a great DC choice and is the best DC available... your logic actually makes absolutely no sense. Mike McCoy didn't call plays or do anything.

You must be one of those who thought Singletary was a DC...
I never thought Singletary was a DC. Thanks for trying to make a strawman out of me.

Quote:
Right.

Niners allowed under 100 yards rushing per game this past season, and thats's despite losing in time of possession in 12 out of the 16 games they played this year. Think about that for a second.

Manusky was actually coveted to be a potential HC at the beginning of the season until Niners took a complete dump.

Killeridiot
That's a pretty big little exception to make. They did take a big ****ing dump, didn't they?

Man, what the **** is your problem? So I disagree with you. What's the big ****ing problem?
Old 01-13-2011, 06:37 PM   #22
Agamemnon

Quote:
I never thought Singletary was a DC. Thanks for trying to make a strawman out of me.

That's a pretty big little exception to make. They did take a big ****ing dump, didn't they?

Man, what the **** is your problem? So I disagree with you. What's the big ****ing problem?
To certain, rather immature, posters, disagreeing with them means you're an idiot. It's an interesting perspective on life.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:39 PM   #23
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

Because there is facts, data, and information that says that your opinion is not logical and makes absolutely no sense.

It's good people... just like Mark Murlarkey really wanted to interview here.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:41 PM   #24
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

Quote:
Because there is facts, data, and information that says that your opinion is not logical and makes absolutely no sense.

It's good people... just like Mark Murlarkey really wanted to interview here.
Facts, data AND information? Oh man, if there were only facts and data then I'd probably stand by what I said, but those two WITH information?!?
Old 01-13-2011, 06:42 PM   #25
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon
Manusky was the LB coach here until 2006 and he runs the same kind of 3-4 that Wade ran here since he learned under him so it shouldn't really change much at all and I could see him keeping some of the 4-3 hyrbird stuff that Rivera used.

I hated to see Rivera go but I'd definitely be happy with Manusky as his replacement.

Quote:

He's obviously very familiar with the coaching staff and players here and it's a better defense to work with so the Chargers would be much more attractive choice.

The Broncos really didn't have a chance.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote