The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2011, 04:57 AM   #1
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

out with the old, IN WITH THE NEW

Default Greg Manusky for DC

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-greg-manusky/

But other teams see something in Manusky that the Niners didnt. Hes a candidate for the position of defensive coordinator with the Cardinals, Chargers, and Cowboys, and Manusky interviewed for the head-coaching position in Carolina, which ultimately when to guy hed be replacing in San Diego, Ron Rivera.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Contrary to popular belief, Mike Singletary is not (solely) responsible for that defense in SF, but it is this man, Greg Manusky. It's funny how people go around saying Singletary should be our DC. The fact is, Singletary has no knowledge of any XO's, and is probably the dumbest football coach in regards to XO's to ever coach the game. Singletary will never, ever, in his life be able to get a coordinator position. That's the 1st thing I'd like to clear up. He's a great LB coach though.

Anyone living in the bay or who follows the 49ers knows this.

So, I didn't know that Manusky was on the market or else I would have brought his name up earlier. This guy is a 3-4 DC that coaches up a physical type of defense that can stop the run extremely effectively. He had limited talent in the secondary (pretty poor)...but he did an outstanding job with what he had. They did have a decent front 7 (and Willis) but nothing earth shattering (other than Willis). Their defense found a way to play solid even when their offense couldn't stay on the field.

However, I highly doubt the Broncos organization has really looked at anything further than the HC spot... if he's still available they've got to bring this coach in if they want to run a 3-4.
The MVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2011, 05:03 AM   #2
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MVPlaya View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-greg-manusky/

But other teams see something in Manusky that the Niners didnt. Hes a candidate for the position of defensive coordinator with the Cardinals, Chargers, and Cowboys, and Manusky interviewed for the head-coaching position in Carolina, which ultimately when to guy hed be replacing in San Diego, Ron Rivera.

Contrary to popular belief, Mike Singletary is not (solely) responsible for that defense in SF, but it is this man, Greg Manusky. It's funny how people go around saying Singletary should be our DC. The fact is, Singletary has no knowledge of any XO's, and is probably the dumbest football coach in regards to XO's to ever coach the game. Singletary will never, ever, in his life be able to get a coordinator position. That's the 1st thing I'd like to clear up. He's a great LB coach though.

Anyone living in the bay or who follows the 49ers knows this.

So, I didn't know that Manusky was on the market or else I would have brought his name up earlier. This guy is a 3-4 DC that coaches up a physical type of defense that can stop the run extremely effectively. He had limited talent in the secondary (pretty poor)...but he did an outstanding job with what he had. They did have a decent front 7 (and Willis) but nothing earth shattering (other than Willis). Their defense found a way to play solid even when their offense couldn't stay on the field.

However, I highly doubt the Broncos organization has really looked at anything further than the HC spot... if he's still available they've got to bring this coach in if they want to run a 3-4.
Is this a fact?
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:07 AM   #3
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

out with the old, IN WITH THE NEW

Quote:
Originally Posted by HILife View Post
Is this a fact?
Well I'm not sure about dumbest (I don't know the history of the dating back to 19__) but it is a fact that he's not competent on any level of XO's. One of the reasons why Singletary was such a horrible coach because he was just football dumb outside of LB coaching.

And yes, he will never ever be able to get an DC position..not in the NFL and probably not in NCAA football. He's not a coordinator, he does not call plays, design plays, or have anything to do with XOs.

I'm not sure if he knows the difference between a 4-3 and 3-4 defense.
The MVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:27 AM   #4
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Well I'm not sure about dumbest (I don't know the history of the dating back to 19__) but it is a fact that he's not competent on any level of XO's. One of the reasons why Singletary was such a horrible coach because he was just football dumb outside of LB coaching.

And yes, he will never ever be able to get an DC position..not in the NFL and probably not in NCAA football. He's not a coordinator, he does not call plays, design plays, or have anything to do with XOs.

I'm not sure if he knows the difference between a 4-3 and 3-4 defense.
Lol wut?

Hyperbole: Catch the Fever.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:47 AM   #5
Dutch
The Flying Dutchman

Leatherneck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rubin Carter

[QUOTE=The MVPlaya;3084376]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-greg-manusky/

Contrary to popular belief, Mike Singletary is not (solely) responsible for that defense in SF, but it is this man, Greg Manusky. It's funny how people go around saying Singletary should be our DC. The fact is, Singletary has no knowledge of any XO's, and is probably the dumbest football coach in regards to XO's to ever coach the game. Singletary will never, ever, in his life be able to get a coordinator position. That's the 1st thing I'd like to clear up. He's a great LB coach though.Anyone living in the bay or who follows the 49ers knows this.

Agreed. I've been disappointed at the number of people on this board calling for Singletary as our DC. What in the hell has he ever done to warrant the job? This is worse than hiring Dennison as HC in my opinion as Singletary already demonstrated how out of his depth he was as HC.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:50 AM   #6
DrFate
Lord of Order

Quote:
The fact is, Singletary has no knowledge of any XO's, and is probably the dumbest football coach in regards to XO's to ever coach the game.
Mike Tice?
DrFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:57 AM   #7
Boomhauer

Keep what works, fix what doesn't.............

DC: Don 'Wink' Martindale
DL: Wayne Nunnely
LB: Bill Romanowski
DB: Darren Perry
Old 01-13-2011, 07:01 AM   #8
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

What about Ron Meeks?
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:31 AM   #9
ColoradoBuff
Ring of Famer

In Manning We Trust......

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

i'd take Manusky for DC.
ColoradoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:48 AM   #10
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Anything but Wink.
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:04 AM   #11
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFate View Post
Mike Tice?
Hey, have we interviewed him yet? I'm going to start a Hire Mike Tice thread. Who's with me!>!/!?

HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:17 PM   #12
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

I'll see your Singletary who doesn't know XO's and raise you a Wink who can't count to 11.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote