The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2011, 04:58 AM   #1
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

out with the old, IN WITH THE NEW

Default Based on Eddie Royal's facebook...600+ people responded with their coaching choice

And Dennison has the most votes by FAR... followed by John Elway (yes as HC) and John Gruden then Cowher... Fox has some votes but some people simply would hate him.

Dennison because he's paid his dues, knows the "Broncos way" (whatever the **** that is), and he was here before. He was part of the old Broncos and thats the main reasoning. To be honest, this is why there are many posters, not just me, talk about how these Broncos fans just can't let go. Taco is included. At first you might think it might be a forum thing, but it's really not. It's real. Fans can excuse, explain, and be in denial of failure as long as it's a old Broncos HC. That's the reality.

Elway...because he's viewed here as Tebow is in Florida.

Gruden gets votes because his love for Tebow.

Cowher because defense.

Fox because it's a realistic choice.

Most people are either wanting Dennison or state that they would approve of him... he is leading by FAR over any other candidate. This question was asked 9 hours ago.

Now, based on what Elway has said, it's clear that he wants to hire someone the fans approve of (putting it in blunt terms) and that can connect with the fans. It seems like Dennison fits the bill perfectly.

http://www.facebook.com/royal19

There is his FB page.

thoughts...

Last edited by The MVPlaya; 01-12-2011 at 05:07 AM..
The MVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2011, 05:29 AM   #2
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I looked through that list and there weren't as many for Dennison as you suggest, but there were quite a few.

Dennison sucks. He has no experience. I love the arguments for him, too. "Everywhere he's been he's been successful!" Whatever the crap that means. He's a good line coach? Ok, so was Rod Marinelli. When his non-existent play calling duties, his defenders pathetically mention a few occasions he's had to call plays as some kind of lame attempt to polish their turd of an argument.

Sadly, their best argument is "it doesn't take a good play caller to be a head coach." There is a degree of truth to this, and I know many would love to see the head coach allow the coordinators to call plays for a change. At the end of the day, however, that argument is essentially "he's too unqualified to not delegate" which sort of red flags the whole thing.

We need someone who has a lot of experience and has worked as a fully functioning coordinator for many years and preferably one who has head coaching experience. We tried the first time head coach thing and most of those don't hack it. I don't want to play school to some line coach just because he reminds a portion of the fan base of the "good ol' days" or because he's a Shanahan disciple and will allow all the Shanny widow's to pretend he's still on the sideline.

Pass.

Last edited by Kaylore; 01-12-2011 at 08:09 AM..
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 05:31 AM   #3
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

All I said was that he is leading by far... in which he is. Out of 600+ comments, I'm sure you can find some balanced fans.

Generalization thing again here...
Old 01-12-2011, 05:32 AM   #4
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

Rick Dennison is our guy! 24 years as a Bronco! He's the heart and soul of this team. He's got the passion to win. He bleeds orange and blue!

Rocky Bishop Rick Dennison from Texas... he has history in Denver, played with ELWAY and played ball at Co State. Nuff Said.....

Last edited by The MVPlaya; 01-12-2011 at 05:35 AM..
Old 01-12-2011, 05:34 AM   #5
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

When I see people say Mike Singletary I just lose all hope for mankind.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:35 AM   #6
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MVPlaya View Post
Rick Dennison is our guy! 24 years as a Bronco! He's the heart and soul of this team. He's got the passion to win. He bleeds orange and blue!
Yup. All unquantifiable things that don't even translate to anything that can be considered necessary to be a winning football coach.

If they were hiring the next Miles, on the other hand...
Old 01-12-2011, 05:35 AM   #7
AmericanBroncFan

Quote:
THIS!!!!
We need a Bronco to save the Broncos. He has been a Bronco longer than Elway when you factor in his coaching career.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:37 AM   #8
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanBroncFan View Post
THIS!!!!
We need a Bronco to save the Broncos. He has been a Bronco longer than Elway when you factor in his coaching career.
Thanks for your input, poster who disqualified Luck because he looked like Ryan Leaf.

I think this doubles as a football IQ test.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:39 AM   #9
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

Quote:
THIS!!!!
Wow...I read it and then started laughing because I thought you were joking... then I saw your join date and post count..

Old 01-12-2011, 05:40 AM   #10
Cleo McDowell
underrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylore View Post
thanks for your input, poster who disqualified luck because he looked like ryan leaf.

I think this doubles as a football iq test.
lmao
Cleo McDowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 05:40 AM   #11
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

Nevermind him, he's Boomhauer I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanBroncFan
The day Shanahan decided to bench Brister for Griese, this franchise turned to crap. When he traded Portis for Chump it made it worse.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:47 AM   #12
worm
Great moments are born...

...from great opportunity

Adopt-a-Bronco:

This is a good example of why the Framers didn 't want the public to elect the President.

Of course, MVP wants to see this as solely a dumb Bronco fans issue. If we could all just be as super smart as MVP is, we would still have Josh here!!!

I am pretty sure at this point that MVP=Josh's mommy...or invested his piggy bank money in a signed Josh McDaniels snuggie.
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 05:52 AM   #13
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm View Post
This is a good example of why the Framers didn 't want the public to elect the President.

Of course, MVP wants to see this as solely a dumb Bronco fans issue. If we could all just be as super smart as MVP is, we would still have Josh here!!!

I am pretty sure at this point that MVP=Josh's mommy...or invested his piggy bank money in a signed Josh McDaniels snuggie.
lol you realize I haven't mentioned McDaniels in that context in any of my posts for a while now... but yeah somehow I'm here STILL vouching for McDaniels.

And BTW this is not solely a fan issue.. I believe I talked about Elway in the OP.

Last edited by The MVPlaya; 01-12-2011 at 05:54 AM..
Old 01-12-2011, 05:58 AM   #14
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm View Post

I just re-read the OP and I'm not getting this as a pro-McDaniels thread...
Old 01-12-2011, 05:59 AM   #15
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Elway has said Denver doesn't want a strong personality (my way or the highway) type of head coach so I ask you who of the interviewees does that point to the most?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:00 AM   #16
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Elway has said Denver doesn't want a strong personality (my way or the highway) type of head coach so I ask you who of the interviewees does that point to the most?
Probably Fewell.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:03 AM   #17
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Probably Fewell.
Based on the videos posted up, yes Fewell since he absolutely made a point about it.

But Dennison would probably fall under that category too.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:39 AM   #18
AmericanBroncFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Thanks for your input, poster who disqualified Luck because he looked like Ryan Leaf.

I think this doubles as a football IQ test.
Saying he looked like him is not saying he has the same attitude. Luck is staying in school anyway so WE GOT TEBOW!!!!!!
As for IQ, anybody posting on a sports forum probably doesn't have that high of an IQ.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:42 AM   #19
AmericanBroncFan

Quote:
Nevermind him, he's Boomhauer I believe.
How has that chump trade worked out? He had one GREAT year in 05. Portis would've been breaking Emmitt Smiths record for yards right now if we still had him because Shanny would still be the coach with another ring or 2 if they had kept Portis.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:46 AM   #20
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Saying he looked like him is not saying he has the same attitude. Luck is staying in school anyway so WE GOT TEBOW!!!!!!
As for IQ, anybody posting on a sports forum probably doesn't have that high of an IQ.
Is that you Dale Carnegie
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:49 AM   #21
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
How has that chump trade worked out? He had one GREAT year in 05. Portis would've been breaking Emmitt Smiths record for yards right now if we still had him because Shanny would still be the coach with another ring or 2 if they had kept Portis.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:38 AM   #22
EzBronco715

Ive been lurking here for awhile and just had to say, AmericanBroncoFan, your embarrassing Bronco fans and America..... Its shameful. All though to stay more on topic, am I one of the only ones who will be rooting hard for Green Bay this weekend, I really want to see us bring in Mularkey for a look.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:56 AM   #23
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
not Lance Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzBronco715 View Post
Ive been lurking here for awhile and just had to say, AmericanBroncoFan, your embarrassing Bronco fans and America..... Its shameful. All though to stay more on topic, am I one of the only ones who will be rooting hard for Green Bay this weekend, I really want to see us bring in Mularkey for a look.
i'm back to hoping for Mark...

but i'm still a little iffy after he dissed us for the 1st interview...

and welcome to non-lurker status...hows it feel?...good right?...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:05 AM   #24
EzBronco715

It's pretty enlightening I won't lie, this must be how Tebow feels all the time

Ya i was put off by him dissing us too but I'll take his word for it and assume he really was just too focused on the playoffs. I will not accept that Cleveland is a more attractive option than Denver, it simply ruins the natural balance of things.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:06 AM   #25
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Thread based on a whopping 600 people's opinions that most likely overuse facebook. Stopped reading immediately.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote