The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2011, 06:25 PM   #1
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer
 
21ís No Champ

Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,076

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15
Default Peter King thinks Dennison will get the HC job

You read it here first: I wouldn't be surprised if Rick Dennison got the Denver job.

https://twitter.com/SI_PeterKing/sta...44935303045120
BMarsh615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2011, 06:28 PM   #2
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck
 
Chris's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,557

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin
Default

Good thing he's a moron.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:28 PM   #3
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,442
Default

Any twitter clarifications?


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:29 PM   #4
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,151

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Good thing he's a moron.
Man, I hope so.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:29 PM   #5
baja
It is what it Is.
 
baja's Avatar
 
Pay attention.

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 58,361

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMarsh615 View Post
You read it here first: I wouldn't be surprised if Rick Dennison got the Denver job.

https://twitter.com/SI_PeterKing/sta...44935303045120
Not really Peter I beat you to it by two weeks.

It's a no brainer really. Or should be.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:29 PM   #6
Drek
Ring of Famer
 
Drek's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,368
Default

Well no **** Pete, they're interviewing the guy. If he didn't have something of a shot why would they do that?

But hey, weren't you the guy who quoted Elway as saying he wanted someone with HC experience? Or that we were trading Tebow to Minnesota?

Pete's got the lock down on all things Broncos, that much is clear.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:30 PM   #7
OrangeSe7en
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I was hoping to not hear from Peter King for a while after this weekend.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:30 PM   #8
KipCorrington25
Free Safety
 
KipCorrington25's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Centennial
Posts: 3,530
Default

Yeah this pretty much guarantees it won't be Dennison.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:31 PM   #9
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9,799

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

You read it here first: I wouldn't be surprised if Peter King wrapped a Starbuck's vente skim carmel machiato latte around his penis later tonight.
bowtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:31 PM   #10
Tim
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I agree with him
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:32 PM   #11
Jesterhole
Ring of Famer
 
Jesterhole's Avatar
 
Ridin' the McFailboat...

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,441
Default

I've never heard anything but really good things about Dennison. The O-line never dropped off after he took over for Gibbs.

That said, I really don't want a first timer, and hiring both John and Dennison would read a bit too much like trying to reach for the past instead of moving forward.

Whatever, their O kicked ass this year, and Dennison has learned from Gibbs, Kubes and Shanahan. That's some good mentoring.
Jesterhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:33 PM   #12
Drek
Ring of Famer
 
Drek's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Not really Peter I beat you to it by two weeks.

It's a no brainer really. Or should be.
Exactly. It shows the complete lack of any brain power being applied in Dove Valley if they hire Dennison to be HC.

Woefully underqualified, an ok position coach who is a mediocre at best OC never tasked with running his side of the ball. Just the guy we need running the whole show. I'm sure he's got a broad coaching tree to fill out his assistants with though right? Oh wait. He's only worked with Shanny and Kubes. Hasn't even coached at a college before. Just always been a Shanny/Kubes assistant.

So who's he know for our DC? His OC? Positional coaches?

And I thought McDaniels had a limited network of qualified assistants to turn to.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:33 PM   #13
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,353

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

I hope he's right. Our old offense would be good for our current personnel.

GIT R DONE
__________________


Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:35 PM   #14
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9,799

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
]at a college before. Just always been a Shanny/Kubes assistant.

So who's he know for our DC? His OC? Positional coaches?
OC: Tom Nalen
DC: Jimmy Spencer
ST: Keith Burns

Please let this just be Peter's lack of imagination at work.
bowtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:36 PM   #15
OrangeSe7en
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
Exactly. It shows the complete lack of any brain power being applied in Dove Valley if they hire Dennison to be HC.

Woefully underqualified, an ok position coach who is a mediocre at best OC never tasked with running his side of the ball. Just the guy we need running the whole show. I'm sure he's got a broad coaching tree to fill out his assistants with though right? Oh wait. He's only worked with Shanny and Kubes. Hasn't even coached at a college before. Just always been a Shanny/Kubes assistant.

So who's he know for our DC? His OC? Positional coaches?
And I thought McDaniels had a limited network of qualified assistants to turn to.
Ha. After your fantasy scenario didn't materialize, I guess its understandable you'd be so en garde about this.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:36 PM   #16
~Crash~
My new dog
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,579

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterhole View Post
I've never heard anything but really good things about Dennison. The O-line never dropped off after he took over for Gibbs.

That said, I really don't want a first timer, and hiring both John and Dennison would read a bit too much like trying to reach for the past instead of moving forward.

Whatever, their O kicked ass this year, and Dennison has learned from Gibbs, Kubes and Shanahan. That's some good mentoring.
add in MCD
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:37 PM   #17
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,616
Default

Why bother with all the interviews and the exec search firm if they're just going to hire Dennison? And Elway said head coaching experience was a requirement. This better not happen. Which means I'm bracing myself...
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:39 PM   #18
GoBroncos84
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
GoBroncos84's Avatar
 
Crucify the Ego

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 758

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

There is a big difference between "don't be surprised if this happens" and "I think this is going to happen". Just saying...
GoBroncos84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:39 PM   #19
Drek
Ring of Famer
 
Drek's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I hope he's right. Our old offense would be good for our current personnel.

GIT R DONE
Think G-Rob would come back to run the defense?

I bet SoB would be the QB coach if we asked him! Wow, how exciting is that?!
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:40 PM   #20
OrangeSe7en
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Why bother with all the interviews and the exec search firm if they're just going to hire Dennison? And Elway said head coaching experience was a requirement. This better not happen. Which means I'm bracing myself...
Its just Peter King freelancing with nothing to back it up again. Nothing to see here.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:40 PM   #21
~Crash~
My new dog
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,579

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Why bother with all the interviews and the exec search firm if they're just going to hire Dennison? And Elway said head coaching experience was a requirement. This better not happen. Which means I'm bracing myself...
Shanahan wine b****ing is your forte
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:41 PM   #22
Tim
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post

So who's he know for our DC? His OC? Positional coaches?

And I thought McDaniels had a limited network of qualified assistants to turn to.
OC- (insert name, cause rick is calling the plays)
DC- Winston Moss, Wink, David Gibbs
Positional Coaches- Not hard to find some young guys from the colleege level to fill a void and make a name for themselves in this league.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:42 PM   #23
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
 
bpc's Avatar
 
1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northern California
Posts: 13,676

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Basically we've entered into our Joe Bugel phase of the metamorphosis into the Raiders.

You just can't hire Dennison if you're serious about winning. It looks like a homer pick. What type of offense did he grow in Houston? Did he even call the plays? Gimme me a break.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:42 PM   #24
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 12,401

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterhole View Post
I've never heard anything but really good things about Dennison. The O-line never dropped off after he took over for Gibbs.

That said, I really don't want a first timer, and hiring both John and Dennison would read a bit too much like trying to reach for the past instead of moving forward.

Whatever, their O kicked ass this year, and Dennison has learned from Gibbs, Kubes and Shanahan. That's some good mentoring.
Oh goody, that's just what we need. Another ****ing coach that focus's on the offense. God help the Broncos. We can go 6-10 or 8-8 with the best damn offense in the league.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:42 PM   #25
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,353

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
Think G-Rob would come back to run the defense?

I bet SoB would be the QB coach if we asked him! Wow, how exciting is that?!
Why are you assuming he would have to choose former Broncos for the defense?

All we know is we would be going back to our old offense...that's it and that's a VERY GOOD THING:

1. An offense with a proven running game that fits our three best OL is just what Tebow needs.

2. An offense with alot of rollouts and PA's would be great for Tebow.

I would love to have Coach Dennison running this team...just get him a strong DC and we're good to go.
__________________


Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Peter King Broncos QB comments TonyR Orange Mane Central Discussion 193 06-02-2010 11:54 AM
Peter King : Midseason All-Pro Team & Awards Bronco Rob Orange Mane Central Discussion 9 11-12-2009 12:16 PM
Peter King giving the Broncos some major love! d bronx42 Orange Mane Central Discussion 10 10-06-2009 12:34 PM
Peter King si.com: The Brandon Marshall Story Will Not Be a Jay Cutler Rerun Denver724 Orange Mane Central Discussion 273 08-28-2009 06:44 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:24 AM.


Denver Broncos