The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2011, 07:54 AM   #1
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Default Super Bowl Tickets for next year ?? when and how ?

So I'm planning on going to the Super Bowl next year when it is in Indy , living in Ohio I figure it's a once in a life time chance with it that close to me to do it on the semi cheap by not spending a week or weekend and just driving over for anything pre game I wanted to check out during the week and see the game and head home...

So my question for those in the know is , when is the earliest you can buy SB tickets ? is there some process you have to go through to buy them and anything else I need to think of that I might not know.
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2011, 08:00 AM   #2
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Get off my lawn, you kids!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

I think local season ticket holders get first pick, corporate sponsors get a boatload of tickets, and the general public goes into a lottery for the rest. Someone can correct me, if I'm wrong...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:01 AM   #3
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Plan on spending a little more than you were originally thinking about spending.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:07 AM   #4
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Plan on spending a little more than you were originally thinking about spending.

Yea I figure , but ticket cost is 0 issue. I'm really more concerned about the how.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:09 AM   #5
jmz313
Ring of Famer

Super Bowl... the only place where 20% of the people in attendance care about the football.
jmz313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:09 AM   #6
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDmvp View Post
Yea I figure , but ticket cost is 0 issue. I'm really more concerned about the how.
You can get them on Ebay if cost isn't an issue.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:16 AM   #7
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Does how early you buy them matter ? I was told by someone that they are cheaper way before the game like before the cities playing in the game know they are in it ...

Like he said if you are a Broncos fan and waited to know they was in the bowl to buy your tickets they would cost way more then someone who just wanted to goto the SB and bought them way in advance ...

Not sure if dude knew what he was talking about tho.
Price aint really the issue , but I'm all for saving a buck but also i figured if what he said was true and you could buy them way early that you could maybe get a little better seats then if you waited till right before the game to buy em.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:35 AM   #8
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

I wouldn't shell out any $ until you're sure there's even going to be a season or a SB next year.

Having said that, if $ is no concern, pretty much any large, reputable ticket broker can get SB tix in advance. They'll usually just guarantee that they'll be in a certain general group of sections within a certain level of the stadium, but they'll guarantee you seats.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:40 AM   #9
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmz313 View Post
Super Bowl... the only place where 20% of the people in attendance care about the football.
Clearly you've never been to Qualcomm Stadium.
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:44 AM   #10
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
You can get them on Ebay if cost isn't an issue.
I would go stubhub when spending that much, because they have buyer protection, ebay you could get scammed in a fake ticket.
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:50 AM   #11
worm
Great moments are born...

...from great opportunity

Adopt-a-Bronco:

I know it is a perk for building a new stadium....but does the Superbowl REALLY need to be in Indy?

Not exactly a destination city.

However, if you are going to make the large investment in the ticket....I would just go the extra inch, get an early booking on a hotel room and go big. The fun of the Super Bowl is the pre-week hype. Drinking with fans of both teams. The parties. The city abuzz. et al.

Driving over then back home for a game that doesn't always live up to the hype doesn't sound like that much fun to me.

Hell. Save your money and go big at the Derby with your crew. THAT is a good time.
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:59 AM   #12
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm View Post
I know it is a perk for building a new stadium....but does the Superbowl REALLY need to be in Indy?

Not exactly a destination city.

However, if you are going to make the large investment in the ticket....I would just go the extra inch, get an early booking on a hotel room and go big. The fun of the Super Bowl is the pre-week hype. Drinking with fans of both teams. The parties. The city abuzz. et al.

Driving over then back home for a game that doesn't always live up to the hype doesn't sound like that much fun to me.

Hell. Save your money and go big at the Derby with your crew. THAT is a good time.
Same could have been said for Detroit, and they had the superbowl.

Indy is actually a pretty cool city if you have never been there. Its like a real mini big city. Its a walkable version of any big nice city.
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:02 AM   #13
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Thx for the info Beantown and others ...

Last question ... When do they go on sale ? ... I've googled it and getting like 10 different answers.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:34 AM   #14
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDmvp View Post
Thx for the info Beantown and others ...

Last question ... When do they go on sale ? ... I've googled it and getting like 10 different answers.
If you go through a broker, I wouldn't even worry about that. I'd just start calling them or emailing them directly with your ticket request. They'll most likely ask you what price you were looking to spend or seating level you desire, they'll tell you the approximate price for that quality of ticket, ask for a deposit and will then notify you when the tix you are looking for become available. Since they are most likely getting them from another individual after that person in turn sells them to said broker, there really is no "public sale date" like you'd have with normal game tickets. It's just "when they become available to the broker."
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:36 AM   #15
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

The two times I went the tickets were through a corporate. Be interesting to know how early you need to get them and the cost each year. It's a fun experience, but will there be a SB next year? ::
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:44 AM   #16
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Out of curiosity how much do standard SB tickets run?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:15 AM   #17
Rother8
Seasoned Veteran

Mhmugggggeeeee

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgerY View Post
--spam post removed by moderator--
How is this anything but a troll? People click on these?? How the **** do these freaks make money?
Rother8 is offline   Reply With Quote