The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2011, 08:30 AM   #1
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway
Default With Harbaugh and Mularkey out, who the heck is going to be the Head Coach?

With the report this morning that John Elway doesn't plan to interview Jim Harbaugh, and let's be honest - it was a real long shot he was coming here after turning down Miami and San Francisco. Then you have Mike Mularkey who, I don't care what he says about Cleveland contacting him first or wanting to prepare for the playoffs, just gave the proverbial cold shoulder to and the Denver Broncos.

So with that, where does Elway go from here? We know he still has interviews scheduled with Perry Fewell and Eric Studesville. Hurting Studesville's cause is the factoid that after meeting with the Assistant Coaching staff to get their evaluations on the roster, they were basically told Wednesday evening to start looking for new jobs. Is it likely one of these two men will get the gig?

In his press conference, Elway alluded that there could be more interviews scheduled in the coming days. We could speculate names of coordinators like Ron Rivera, Rick Dennison, Hue Jackson, Rob Ryan, Marty Mornhinweg, Sean McDermott and Dom Capers that could possibly be interviewed but during the Broncos now 'transparent' new operation - there hasn't been word yet about any of these guys.

There's also the list of former Head Coaches like Bill Cowher, Jon Gruden, John Fox, Jim Fassel and Brian Billick who seem to a bit unlikely but - other than Fox - there hasn't been many reports directly linking any of these guys to any teams. Furthermore, not sure if any of these guys (maybe Fassel?) necessarily fit Elway's profile of what he's looking for or we may have already heard their names linked to the position.

So I ask, where in the heck do the Broncos go now with their Head Coaching search?

Last edited by montrose; 01-07-2011 at 09:42 AM..
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2011, 08:34 AM   #2
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

montrose head coach - Drek and Mediator co-ordinators.

Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:35 AM   #3
Steve Sewell
Oh Tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

Patrick and Ty's pimp

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Reggie Rivers

If we haven't heard Gruden's name yet, I'm guessing there is no interest from him.

My guess would be Fewell, Rick Dennison, Hue Jackson (very intriguing if you ask me).

I don't see us getting a big name coach that will tolerate working under such an inexperienced front office.
Steve Sewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:36 AM   #4
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Who cares. Who wants some p***Y that's afraid to have to turn a franchise around. The guy I want to come here has to know it will be a challenge and a challenge he is up for. If all these other manginas feel they need to walk into a perfect situation then they are not the right choice for us.

Embrace the challenge and prove you truly are a great coach and not some dick weed who inherited all the pieces.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:37 AM   #5
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagmar View Post
montrose head coach - Drek and Mediator co-ordinators.
I wouldn't touch this job, stable franchises don't fire Head Coaches after less than 2 years. (Had to do it )
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:38 AM   #6
BroncosMT
Back in Big Sky

I still can't fathom why Rivera's name hasn't come up yet Go Get him....sheesh
BroncosMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:39 AM   #7
Tom A Hawk
Ring of Famer

Herm Edwards !!!
Tom A Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:39 AM   #8
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

Perry Fewell is Studsville's mentor, I'd say he has a really good shot.
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:42 AM   #9
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

it doesn't sound like Harbaugh is serious about being an NFL coach
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:42 AM   #10
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:43 AM   #11
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

I'd honestly be OK with any of the guys that have been mentioned - Fewell, Gregg Williams, Hue Jackson etc. In my opinion, the key to whether or not we are successful is going to depend on the Elway/Xanders partnership and what kind of personnel and coaching staff they put in place for the new hire. All of these guys are qualified to get a shot...if they come into a good environment, they will probably be successful. If not... well, it's just going to more of the same in the coming seasons.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:43 AM   #12
NUB
Just Crafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Mike Nolan.

Eric Studesville.
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:44 AM   #13
LittleFloyd
Seasoned Veteran

Hall of Fame

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

I think all these "not interested" and other turn downs for interviews, shows that the Bronco job is not as intriguing to coaching candidates as it was just 2 years ago.

A lot work needs to be done just to field a decent team and the new coach will not have a lot of say on personnel decisions as Shanny/McD had.

It would seem to me this franchise has taken a huge nosedive since the days this would have been a plum job.
LittleFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:45 AM   #14
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hemanuel Sandrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
With the report this morning that John Elway doesn't plan to interview Jim Harbaugh, and let's be honest - it was a real long shot he was coming here after turning down Miami and San Francisco. Then you have Mike Mularkey who, I don't care what he says about Cleveland contacting him first or wanting to prepare for the playoffs, just gave the proverbial cold shoulder to and the Denver Broncos.

So with that, where does Elway go from here? We know he still has interviews scheduled with Perry Fewell and Eric Studesville. Hurting Studesville's cause is the factoid that after meeting with the Assistant Coaching staff to get their evaluations on the roster, they were basically told Wednesday evening to start looking for new jobs. Is it likely one of these two men will get the gig?

In his press conference, Elway alluded that there could be more interviews scheduled in the coming days. We could speculate names of coordinators like Ron Rivera, Rick Dennison, Hue Jackson, Rob Ryan, Marty Mornhinweg, Sean McDermott and Dom Capers that could possibly be interviewed but during the Broncos now 'transparent' new operation - there hasn't been word yet about any of these guys.

There's also the list of former Head Coaches like Bill Cowher, Jon Gruden, John Fox, Jim Fassel and Brian Billick who seem to a bit unlikely but - other than Fox - there hasn't been many reports directly linking any of these guys to any teams. Furthermore, not sure if any of these guys (maybe Fassel?) necessarily fit Elway's profile of what he's looking for or we may have already heard their names linked to the position.

So I ask, where in the heck do the Broncos go now with their Head Coaching search?
Let's hire the real deal...

Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:45 AM   #15
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosMT View Post
I still can't fathom why Rivera's name hasn't come up yet Go Get him....sheesh
Maybe the Chargers won't give him permission to interview in-division teams.
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:46 AM   #16
Mile High Shack
Ring of Famer

Cock-a-doodle-do

whoever it is, can't be any worse than what we had for 1.75 years
Mile High Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:47 AM   #17
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

I think folks need to relax a little. This is very early in the process, and there are a lot of candidates who can't be approached yet, and therefore haven't been talked about publicly. I think people are overreacting to every bit of news that comes out, particularly the Mularkey news.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:48 AM   #18
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribronc View Post
Maybe the Chargers won't give him permission to interview in-division teams.
It's a promotion, the Chargers can't prevent him from interviewing or leaving.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:50 AM   #19
Mile High Shack
Ring of Famer

Cock-a-doodle-do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
I think folks need to relax a little. This is very early in the process, and there are a lot of candidates who can't be approached yet, and therefore haven't been talked about publicly. I think people are overreacting to every bit of news that comes out, particularly the Mularkey news.
I NEED ANSWERS NOW DAMNIT!!!!!

Mile High Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:50 AM   #20
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleFloyd View Post
I think all these "not interested" and other turn downs for interviews, shows that the Bronco job is not as intriguing to coaching candidates as it was just 2 years ago.

A lot work needs to be done just to field a decent team and the new coach will not have a lot of say on personnel decisions as Shanny/McD had.

It would seem to me this franchise has taken a huge nosedive since the days this would have been a plum job.
This is precisely what I'm talking about in the overreacting category.

There hasn't been a single "Not interested" or turn down.

There's been one postponed interview. That is all, and people are acting like there have been 15 guys who have declared they aren't interested in coaching the Broncos.

Relax folks.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:50 AM   #21
Tom A Hawk
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
I'd honestly be OK with any of the guys that have been mentioned - Fewell, Gregg Williams, Hue Jackson etc. In my opinion, the key to whether or not we are successful is going to depend on the Elway/Xanders partnership and what kind of personnel and coaching staff they put in place for the new hire. All of these guys are qualified to get a shot...if they come into a good environment, they will probably be successful. If not... well, it's just going to more of the same in the coming seasons.
I think that is a pretty good thought. If that doesn't work well, you might as well put Boob is your information minister as your HC.
Tom A Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:52 AM   #22
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
replace hillman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
Who cares. Who wants some p***Y that's afraid to have to turn a franchise around. The guy I want to come here has to know it will be a challenge and a challenge he is up for. If all these other manginas feel they need to walk into a perfect situation then they are not the right choice for us.

Embrace the challenge and prove you truly are a great coach and not some dick weed who inherited all the pieces.
i couldn't have said it better...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:53 AM   #23
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
See: the Kansan ****ty Chefs
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:25 AM   #24
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleFloyd View Post

I don't agree. If you have the opportunity to be a head coach and that is your desire you go for it regardless of the situation. You may not get a second chance.

However, I would give an exception for Oakland level craziness. Nobody wants to go to a place they know they'll just be a puppet to Al Davis.
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:32 AM   #25
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

It's Fassel Time!

Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote