The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2011, 08:10 PM   #1
Jesterhole
Ring of Famer

Ridin' the McFailboat...

Default Tebow interview

Talks about his rookie season, McFail and Elway.
Jesterhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2011, 08:17 PM   #2
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterhole View Post

Talks about his rookie season, McFail and Elway.
Tebow's take on Josh McD is the same as mine. Josh will learn from his time here and be a better coach for it.

I don't think he is 100% the reason this team is in the spot it is in.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:25 PM   #3
Jesterhole
Ring of Famer

Ridin' the McFailboat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Tebow's take on Josh McD is the same as mine. Josh will learn from his time here and be a better coach for it.

I don't think he is 100% the reason this team is in the spot it is in.
I don't think most fans are claiming that. I recognize that Josh was put into a tough position here with a weak (and our current) GM, and big holes to fill on defense.

Josh is a good offensive coach, he's made his QB's better when he has been there.

From the reports coming out, he wasn't easy to get along with, had issues with communication (see Elway's comment and not telling Bowlen/Ellis about the recording) and made a bunch of bad moves.

Still, I'm pissed that he drove my team to the depths of NFL hell, traded away young talent and tried to redo the offense when the defense was in such terrible shape, and failed on every level that matters for an NFL head coach.

Yet you keep supporting this guy, taking swings at all things Broncos in order to do so.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:33 PM   #4
Jesterhole
Ring of Famer

Ridin' the McFailboat...

This is up too. Some behind the scenes with Tim. Nothing really football related, but...MORE Tim! As a side note...check out dudes neck muscles...

Old 01-06-2011, 08:38 PM   #5
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
From the reports coming out, he wasn't easy to get along with, had issues with communication (see Elway's comment and not telling Bowlen/Ellis about the recording) and made a bunch of bad moves.
This is all certainly true, but it was definitely tarnishing the rep of the franchise with McSpygateII that earned him a ticket out of town.

Quote:
Still, I'm pissed that he drove my team to the depths of NFL hell, traded away young talent and tried to redo the offense when the defense was in such terrible shape, and failed on every level that matters for an NFL head coach.
I agree that he should have been entirely focused on the defense, but hey, Shanahan couldn't do that in a decade. I won't miss any of the "talent" he got rid of. I don't think any of them were the type of players you build a contender on.

Time will tell on the replacements he brought in to take their place.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:59 PM   #6
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
I don't think most fans are claiming that. I recognize that Josh was put into a tough position here with a weak (and our current) GM, and big holes to fill on defense.

Josh is a good offensive coach, he's made his QB's better when he has been there.

Yet you keep supporting this guy, taking swings at all things Broncos in order to do so.
I'm not taking swings at the Broncos I do try and point out the board is over reacting about the 'damage' Josh has done. You see we have a different opinion about the player moves he made. I am glad he moved Cutler (although that was more on Bowlen than McD) I am glad he moved Marshall for two 2nds that was a great move. I'm thrilled he had the courage to go after Tebow who I think will turn out to be our new Elway. I like the way he moved around the draft last year (not so much in 09). i like the young O line he left us. I think he inherited a bad team from Mike and did a pretty good upgrade. Bring in a good coach and establish some continuity as Elway plans to do and have a good draft and free agent signings plying a last place schedule and I think we will be fine going forward. I under stand he needed to go for many reasons. I thought when he was let go was a mistake but that's behind us and I am thrilled with the possibilities that John Elway brings to the club. I believe Pat Bowlen is compromised and that is a sad thing but him reaching out to Elway I think was a brilliant stroke by him and it was him because Joe Ellis would sure not seek that out. We just disagree on the level of damage Josh did that's all I am not a bad fan as you accuse me just a fan with a different opinion that your's.

I mean really how can one have 40,000 posts on a broncos board and be a bad fan
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:00 PM   #7
bronco610
OLD FART

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
I'm not taking swings at the Broncos I do try and point out the board is over reacting about the 'damage' Josh has done. You see we have a different opinion about the player moves he made. I am glad he moved Cutler (although that was more on Bowlen than McD) I am glad he moved Marshall for two 2nds that was a great move. I'm thrilled he had the courage to go after Tebow who I think will turn out to be our new Elway. I like the way he moved around the draft last year (not so much in 09). i like the young O line he left us. I think he inherited a bad team from Mike and did a pretty good upgrade. Bring in a good coach and establish some continuity as Elway plans to do and have a good draft and free agent signings plying a last place schedule and I think we will be fine going forward. I under stand he needed to go for many reasons. I thought when he was let go was a mistake but that's behind us and I am thrilled with the possibilities that John Elway brings to the club. I believe Pat Bowlen is compromised and that is a sad thing but him reaching out to Elway I think was a brilliant stroke by him and it was him because Joe Ellis would sure not seek that out. We just disagree on the level of damage Josh did that's all I am not a bad fan as you accuse me just a fan with a different opinion that your's.

Or the broncos could have hired a seasoned coach and skipped the 2 years of failure by Josh.
bronco610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:03 PM   #8
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:

I promise you it wasn't 4-12 bad, was it?
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:29 PM   #9
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

I don't share the skepticism of some about Elway's new role.

Elways's football IQ is off the scale- -and I believe his experience on the field will help produce good decisions in the draft and regarding personnel in general.

I can't say for sure -- but I suspect that I would have agreed with Elway versus Shanny with regard to personnel decisions.

We are lucky to have Elway on board.
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote