The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2011, 09:05 PM   #1
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default 87.7 Cecil Lammey reports Dolphins are dropping out of Harbaugh sweepstakes...

Per facebook:

877 The Ticket
Our NFL Insider Cecil Lammey is reporting the #dolphins have decided to keep head coach Tony Sparano - that leaves one less team after Jim Harbaugh
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2011, 09:06 PM   #2
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
RT @mortreport: After meeting w Harbaugh, source says Dolphins have decided that Tony Sparano is the best man for job. Will be retained.

VicLombardi Vic Lombardi
Sounds like Harbaugh's back in play for the Broncos. Dolphins are sticking with Sparano. Saves them about 4-mill a year.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:07 PM   #3
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

With Luck heading back and Stanford reportedly willing to match the $5 million San Francisco offered - I've got him going back to the Cardinal.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:08 PM   #4
Tim

Cool maybe we can get the guy who has had 2 winning seasons in D1 football
Old 01-06-2011, 09:09 PM   #5
boppool
Ring of Famer

Superbowl or bust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Obviously, Miami could've given him a blank check. May be Harbaugh's looking for something more than money.

I hope this means we still have a shot...
boppool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:13 PM   #6
Broncojef
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boppool View Post
Obviously, Miami could've given him a blank check. May be Harbaugh's looking for something more than money.

He's not going to get more money here, the full autonomy coach/GM thing aint happenin here, we have huge talent holes on the roster. If Elway gets him here it will be on Elway's sales pitch period.
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:15 PM   #7
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

ooooh the door opened a little. Bust it open john!
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:39 PM   #8
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojef View Post
He's not going to get more money here, the full autonomy coach/GM thing aint happenin here, we have huge talent holes on the roster. If Elway gets him here it will be on Elway's sales pitch period.
We have Tebow and they don't. Harbaugh is an avowed Tebow fan.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:41 PM   #9
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Harbaugh is an avowed Tebow fan.
Not sure if serious.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:41 PM   #10
OrangeSe7en

Quote:

What it could mean is that Miami is willing to pay a premium to lock him up without allowing him to do due diligence.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:43 PM   #11
OrangeSe7en

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Not sure if serious.
There was an ESPN article posted recently where Harbaugh compared him to Steve Young. Also, Harbaugh, himself, was a fairly mobile QB in college and the NFL. Not like Tebow but he probably appreciates it as a skill set.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:43 PM   #12
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

San Fran offered him $5 million. It will make it hard for Stanford to match it. You know why? Stanford is a lot like CU in its stupid rules in that the head football coach can't be paid more than the highest paid teacher.

I know you might ask me for a link but it was on 104.3 the FAN the other day. Big Al and Stink were like, some Chemistry teacher is about to make bank.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:45 PM   #13
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
San Fran offered him $5 million. It will make it hard for Stanford to match it. You know why? Stanford is a lot like CU in its stupid rules in that the head football coach can't be paid more than the highest paid teacher.
I'm not sure that's such a stupid rule. Teachers > coaches in the grand scheme of things, especially at a school like Stanford.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:49 PM   #14
Agamemnon

Quote:
Not sure if serious.
I'm quite serious. Harbaugh is on record as having a very high opinion of Tebow's ability to play in the NFL. ESPN did a story in which they talked to Harbaugh about Tebow right after he got drafted. It even sounded like he watched film of him prior to the interview. The big knock against Tebow of wonky mechanics he completely dismissed, and he said he thought he would be good as long as he was allowed to play his game and not forced to conform to the traditional pocket passer mold.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:51 PM   #15
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSe7en View Post
There was an ESPN article posted recently where Harbaugh compared him to Steve Young. Also, Harbaugh, himself, was a fairly mobile QB in college and the NFL. Not like Tebow but he probably appreciates it as a skill set.
Nice.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:53 PM   #16
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I'm quite serious. Harbaugh is on record as having a very high opinion of Tebow's ability to play in the NFL. ESPN did a story in which they talked to Harbaugh about Tebow right after he got drafted. It even sounded like he watched film of him prior to the interview. The big knock against Tebow of wonky mechanics he completely dismissed, and he said he thought he would be good as long as he was allowed to play his game and not forced to conform to the traditional pocket passer mold.
Sounds perfect. My only wish for the new HC is just what Harbaugh describes; someone who isn't going to expect Tebow to be a traditional QB, and who trusts Tebow's abilities enough to design an offense around what he does best.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:58 PM   #17
OrangeSe7en

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post

I know you might ask me for a link but it was on 104.3 the FAN the other day. Big Al and Stink were like, some Chemistry teacher is about to make bank.
The research those teachers oversee is expensive.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:01 PM   #18
Agamemnon

Quote:
Sounds perfect. My only wish for the new HC is just what Harbaugh describes; someone who isn't going to expect Tebow to be a traditional QB, and who trusts Tebow's abilities enough to design an offense around what he does best.
Pretty much exactly what it sounded like Harbaugh would do with him. Here's the story:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5236931
Old 01-06-2011, 10:01 PM   #19
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Who else is seriously pursuing Harbaugh?
I know we could use him, but I just don't see anything being said or done about it.

The decision of Luck going back to school may now give Harbaugh a chance as well to go back to coach Stanford for one more year.

I'd like to have him as our HC. I believe this is the best opportunity that he may ever get in a while to jump into the NFL...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:02 PM   #20
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:

Or....The Dolphins are looking for something more than Harbaugh.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:07 PM   #21
boppool
Ring of Famer

Superbowl or bust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
That's why they settled for Sparano?
boppool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:07 PM   #22
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
With Luck heading back and Stanford reportedly willing to match the $5 million San Francisco offered - I've got him going back to the Cardinal.
Can Luck change his mind?

If Harbaugh gets the job in Denver, he could def tell Luck he will do everything and anything to get him.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:08 PM   #23
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
Who else is seriously pursuing Harbaugh?
I know we could use him, but I just don't see anything being said or done about it.

The decision of Luck going back to school may now give Harbaugh a chance as well to go back to coach Stanford for one more year.

I'd like to have him as our HC. I believe this is the best opportunity that he may ever get in a while to jump into the NFL...
We aren't rushing it like desperate virgin boys hoping to get a date. The way Elway is handling it has been absolutely perfect to be honest. You have to think the over-eager and amateurish way that SF and Miami are handling the situation is a bit of the reason he hasn't said yes to either. Honestly, I think he told Miami no straight to their face when they got too pushy. I mean did they just fly out to Cali and surprise the guy? The way Elway made it sound he's been too busy with stuff at Stanford to seriously get involved in interviews and negotiations just yet. Like I said, I really like the way Elway is handling the whole deal.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:10 PM   #24
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
rep
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:11 PM   #25
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
Pretty sure Harbaugh rejected their offer. They flew out to Cali, and then flew right back and gave the job back to Sparano. I have this funny feeling Harbaugh just wasn't digging them.