The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2011, 06:22 PM   #1
titan
Ring of Famer

Fan of Old School Football

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default elway on 87.7 the ticket

Elway was supposed to be interviewed on 87.7 FM at 3:30 pm. Almost 3 1/2 hours later he was finally interviewed right before 7 pm. I'm sure they'll have it on their website later - here's a summary of some of john's comments:

Why late for the interview? I've been talking with Greek for 1 1/2 hours about players on team now.

Felt like it hadn't been too long since I left, it was exciting for me

1st thing on the list to find the right coach. The quicker we hire a coach the better off we'll be.

I felt emotional right before I started speaking today - I've wanted to do this for a long time. There's been circumstances on both sides where it didn't work in the past. I'm thrilled to be back.

lack of experience in this role?
Everything i've ever done i've never gone in with a full deck of cards, as far as experience. I want to learn. I know what I don't know. Would love to have great people around me.

this season?
It was breaking my heart to see how the broncos had fallen. i've been in a season like this before (we were 5-11) and other things happened which is not what this organization is about.

having the #2 pick?
It's good, it puts pressure on us. gives us leverage to do things in the draft, too

tebow?
The head coach will decide who to start at qb. Tim is a great person and leader. I see a very good football player. But he's still young, a rookie. The offense at Florida didn't help him adjust to nfl game. He's very young when it comes to technique and drops. That's going to take alot of work. For us to get where we want to be he has to become a very good quarterback.

his dad?
Sat with my dad in draft meetings. i saw his instincts. He knew how to treat people. That's one of my strengths. I know playing qb I'm only as good as the people around me.

top things he is looking for in coach? 1. must be a great competitor, a leader who can adjust to different personalities 2. innovative with the x's and o's - there's alot going on in the league. The top coaches are very knowledgable about the x's and o's

how important is it that the coach has nfl experience?

it's crucial. Some experience as head coach helps. Alot of coaches really flourished in their 2nd jobs. If he doesn't have head coach experience then he be a leader on the offensive or defensive side. His innovativeness and knowledge of x's and o's very important

=========

I thought it was interesting that Elway mentioned "knowledge of x's and o's" twice when discussing the qualifications for a head coach. I would think that would point to somebody like Mularkey rather than Studesville.

He's jumping right in - talking to the trainer (the Greek) an hour an a half about the players on a day when so much else is going on.

He didn't mince words about how much work Tebow needs - yet was positive about Tebow.
titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2011, 06:26 PM   #2
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Spot on.
I like his low key approach
He will make sure the team on the field is football sound.
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:30 PM   #3
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Elway is going to tear this team apart
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote