The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2011, 06:54 PM   #1
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,916
Default Kyle Rudolph Notre Dame TE

Draft him Broncos! This kid would be so good for Tebow. IMO Tebow will need RBs and TEs who can catch the football and make plays for him. We have 2 2nd round picks so I think we can go defense and still take this guy in the top of the 2nd round. He's like a bigger better version of Scheffler. I love how he snatches the ball out of the air like it's easy for him.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2011, 06:57 PM   #2
OrangeSe7en
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Here we go again. So, you want Peterson with the first pick and Rudolph with the next pick. And I guess thats because the defensive linemen in the mid 2nd and 3rd are as good as who is there earlier.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:05 PM   #3
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,916
Default

I think Broncos can realistically have a shot at getting Jared Crick de/dt from Nebraska with the 2nd rounder from Miami. I think he's better for a 3-4 then either Darius or Fairley. Also the NT types can't go that high in the first or 2nd really. So if we are switching to a 4-3 then I say draft Dareus. If not then draft Peterson with the first, Rudolph with the 2nd, Crick with other 2nd. If you think that wouldn't be a good draft I think you are crazy. If anything Rudolph goes before we pick in 2nd and it's all moot. He's that good. Some good team low in the first round will take him and he will be a stud.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:10 PM   #4
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,916
Default

We could take Bowers I guess but isn't he a 4-3 end?
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:37 PM   #5
brncs_fan
How about some Tapenade!
 
brncs_fan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: The Coaches Cradle...Eastern Illinois University
Posts: 5,392

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Manti Teo
Default

Rudolph is a solid TE from watching him play at ND. Not sure how well his game translates to the pros though. I would put him a shade below Fasano (another TE from ND).

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
If not then draft Peterson with the first, Rudolph with the 2nd, Crick with other 2nd. If you think that wouldn't be a good draft I think you are crazy. If anything Rudolph goes before we pick in 2nd and it's all moot. He's that good. Some good team low in the first round will take him and he will be a stud.
According to our discussion the other night anything short of taking a d-lineman with every pick in the draft would be a failure.
brncs_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:51 PM   #6
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 16,147

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Draft him Broncos! This kid would be so good for Tebow. IMO Tebow will need RBs and TEs who can catch the football and make plays for him. We have 2 2nd round picks so I think we can go defense and still take this guy in the top of the 2nd round. He's like a bigger better version of Scheffler. I love how he snatches the ball out of the air like it's easy for him.
In this D-line rich draft it makes no sense to take anything other than that past the #2 pick. We can fill up to 3, possibly even four front 7 spots and get at least two highly rated D-line guys, or we could use those two #2's to move up high enough to get a guy like Paea if it's true he's going higher than we thought. But whatever we do we need the flexibility to move and get the guys we want. TE would be nice too but we can't address anything in this draft other than defense. Unless something crazy happens and the Heisman runner from Alabama slides to us in the 2nd...but barring that kind of unlikely event, it should be Patrick Peterson and D-line only if we can possibly do so.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:19 PM   #7
Hamrob
All-American!
 
Hamrob's Avatar
 
All-American!

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 5,902

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

If Rudolph slips to our #2...I'd pull the trigger in a heart-beat. This kid is a difference maker and would be the perfect safety valve for Tim Tebow.

Think Jason Witten! And by the way...he most likely won't make it out of the 1st round!

This team needs a stud TE...we are devoid of talent at that spot!!! I say...spend all the rest of our picks on Defense...but if Rudolph is their at #34...we should take him and not think twice about it!
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:33 PM   #8
Broncos4Life
Ring of Famer
 
Broncos4Life's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Tucson AZ
Posts: 1,802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
If Rudolph slips to our #2...I'd pull the trigger in a heart-beat. This kid is a difference maker and would be the perfect safety valve for Tim Tebow.

Think Jason Witten! And by the way...he most likely won't make it out of the 1st round!

This team needs a stud TE...we are devoid of talent at that spot!!! I say...spend all the rest of our picks on Defense...but if Rudolph is their at #34...we should take him and not think twice about it!
I 2nd this. Hes just the guy we need to help out Tebow. I didn't even know we carried TE's on the roster anymore. Don't ever remember a year like this one concerning our TE's. I'm also not against moving up to nab him a few spot earlier. Say.... in the mid to late 20's.
Broncos4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:56 PM   #9
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,916
Default

exactly some people get it. This kid likely does go bottom of round one. We have tons of holes. Anyone who thinks the only problem is defensive line is crazy. We could use stud lbs, safetys, cbs, te's, rbs, og, oc, punt returner, DT, DE etc etc etc.

Rudolph is going to be a very good football player and we have 3 really good first day picks. It would be ok to go defense on 2 of them and a TE on another. Rudolph is that good. He could be a difference maker that send our offense into the really hard to stop category.

265 pounds, runs good routes, is fast, has great hands and can block. He's perfect for tebow.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:00 PM   #10
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 16,147

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default

We have a possible hole at RB also, should we move up to draft the Alabama kid instead of trying to get our D-line fixed? I'd much rather focus where we know for once the strength of the draft perfectly benefits us...with D-line guys. Why waste the opportunity to fix your entire defensive line in one draft if the opportunity is there to do so? We might need a TE now but we need trench help much more.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:18 PM   #11
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,916
Default

When your team has tons of holes there is no reason to pigeon hole your draft. We should look to add defensive lineman but we could use some great linebackers, safetys, cbs, te's just as bad. I doubt that a situation arises where one position, defensive line, is the BPA every time you pick in the draft. It would be stupid to draft another Jarvis Moss because you wanted dline.

Rudolph is a blue chipper and would look fantastic in the Orange and Blue. Hell footsteps he would be your favorite rookie and fast.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:19 PM   #12
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,916
Default

Also I don't think RB near as weak as TE. Moreno, Buck are very avg but better then Quinn Graham I think. I don't really like Ingram that much though and don't see us in a good position to draft him.

Rudolph though could be hanging around at the end of the first round. With a high 2nd round pick we could maybe make a move.

Later after he has scored about 60 tds you would like the pick.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:24 PM   #13
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 16,147

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
When your team has tons of holes there is no reason to pigeon hole your draft. We should look to add defensive lineman but we could use some great linebackers, safetys, cbs, te's just as bad. I doubt that a situation arises where one position, defensive line, is the BPA every time you pick in the draft. It would be stupid to draft another Jarvis Moss because you wanted dline.
Where I think your analogy breaks down is that Moss was a reach in a weak D-line draft. This draft is full of good D-line candidates and it's hardly a reach in any round...maybe a slight one but only a slight one. If you've got D-line talent projected heavy in every round, no round where you pick one would it be considered a reach. We can legitimately rebuild the entire D-line in this draft, especailly if we manage to have one of these guys fall to us at the 36 spot without having to trade up. Suddenly we get Elvis back next year, Ayers has another year to develop and we get to see what a couple or three 2nd or 3rd round guys in a D-line rich draft can do for this line. Add in new defensive coaches instead of the crap we've had the last five years...this defense wlil probably stil struggle with rookies but a year down the road we're much better.
Quote:
Rudolph is a blue chipper and would look fantastic in the Orange and Blue. Hell footsteps he would be your favorite rookie and fast.
Maybe...but if we move up or spend a 2nd on him at this particular time I won't be happy. I'd rather stock this D and do nothing but that this time around.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:30 PM   #14
strafen
Karma
 
strafen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,017

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway
Default

I love to have some TE's on our stable.
We only have 6 picks going into this year's draft.
More than half those 6 picks we would hope will go to the defense.

Some pass catching TE's would be a nice addition...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:31 PM   #15
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,686
Default

Ive watched some ND games. Denver could do worse than take a flier on Rudolph in the 3rd if he is there. This offseason will be interesting.


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:38 PM   #16
schaaf
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

This free agency is going to be full of good tight ends.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:59 PM   #17
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaaf View Post
This free agency is going to be full of good tight ends.
those lists never look as good after all the teams resign players. One interesting player would be Zach Miller in Oakland. Also Micheal Bush a nice big RB and is also a FA. There could be a chance Oak cant make a deal for all there FA.

Still though Id be interested to see your list of the plethora of TE available this yr is FA.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:46 PM   #18
schaaf
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Pos Player Name FA Status Previous Team Current Team
TE Kevin Boss UFA New York Giants Free Agent
TE Brent Celek Re-signed Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Eagles
TE Owen Daniels UFA Houston Texans Free Agent
TE Vernon Davis UFA San Francisco 49ers Free Agent
TE John Gilmore UFA Tampa Bay Buccaneers Free Agent
TE Dan Gronkowski UFA Denver Broncos Free Agent
TE Marcedes Lewis UFA Jacksonville Jaguars Free Agent
TE Randy McMichael UFA San Diego Chargers Free Agent
TE Zach Miller UFA Oakland Raiders Free Agent
TE Dante Rosario UFA Carolina Panthers Free Agent
TE Bo Scaife UFA Tennessee Titans Free Agent
TE Stephen Spach UFA Arizona Cardinals Free Agent
TE Jerramy Stevens UFA Tampa Bay Buccaneers Free Agent
TE Ernest Wilford UFA Jacksonville Jaguars Free Agent
TE Kellen Winslow UFA Cleveland Browns Free Agent



Here is the list of Free Agents going into the offseason.
Granted many will be resigned but there should be a few that leave their teams.

Cutthemdown, I do agree with you that we need a receiving tight end BADLY. I see Tebow flourishing with a good receiving TE.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:49 PM   #19
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 22,880

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
I love to have some TE's on our stable.
We only have 6 picks going into this year's draft.
More than half those 6 picks we would hope will go to the defense.

Some pass catching TE's would be a nice addition...
not at our 2nd or 3rd pick. Good to know Cut is one of the few that wants to go offense and not of a QB. **** TE that high. What good is that difference maker when we have stud receivers that can do the job offensively? We need defense, front 7, in the first 3 picks. Good TE have been picked farther down the draft very often (like our Sharpe and Chamberlian). Dont be screwing up our game plan Cut! Anyways, McD got us a very studly TE in Quinn. He even can catch a pass (yes, one pass).
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:52 PM   #20
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,154

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSe7en View Post
Here we go again. So, you want Peterson with the first pick and Rudolph with the next pick. And I guess thats because the defensive linemen in the mid 2nd and 3rd are as good as who is there earlier.
You are a clown.

The team isn't going to fill all its needs in the draft, nor do it in one year. Rudolph isn't my ideal selection in the second, but he is worth it there to a team that has no pass catching threat at TE and will be changing to a scheme where they will likely have value, as most due, outside of what Josh was running here.

People here want DL, but for you to keep trumpeting that we fail if it isn't a selection every time is false, and it is getting pretty damn annoying, but that is what you are good for Lex.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:57 PM   #21
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 22,880

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
You are a clown.

The team isn't going to fill all its needs in the draft, nor do it in one year. Rudolph isn't my ideal selection in the second, but he is worth it there to a team that has no pass catching threat at TE and will be changing to a scheme where they will likely have value, as most due, outside of what Josh was running here.

People here want DL, but for you to keep trumpeting that we fail if it isn't a selection every time is false, and it is getting pretty damn annoying, but that is what you are good for Lex.
I thought lex was vercin..... or did that one get banned too?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 12:04 AM   #22
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,154

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
I thought lex was vercin..... or did that one get banned too?
OrangeSe7en's account started the day after Vercing stopped posting. Their grammar is similar, as well as their takes on players and the draft. Given that, I wouldn't be surprised, but then again I don't have an IP logger like the moderators can see to confirm this. I just think it is a little odd. Perhaps I shouldn't judge, but where there is smoke, there is fire.

On a side note, arguing for getting a TE in free agency would is a good plan, that way you save the pick in the draft. In that list, there are quite a few quality tight ends, some of which are likely to be snapped up and re-signed. However, I wouldn't doubt that some of those players would like a change of scenery.

Bo Scaife isn't a top-tier player on the list, but he provides a better receiving threat than Quinn and Graham, and what might lure him here is being from Denver. Maybe he'd like to come back home? It is a possibility, but there are 5-8 tight ends who are easy upgrades in FA over who we have now.

We shall see.

I like the FA better, now that the full list was given.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:20 AM   #23
OBF1
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 15,703

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
exactly some people get it. This kid likely does go bottom of round one. We have tons of holes. Anyone who thinks the only problem is defensive line is crazy. We could use stud lbs, safetys, cbs, te's, rbs, og, oc, punt returner, DT, DE etc etc etc.

Rudolph is going to be a very good football player and we have 3 really good first day picks. It would be ok to go defense on 2 of them and a TE on another. Rudolph is that good. He could be a difference maker that send our offense into the really hard to stop category.

265 pounds, runs good routes, is fast, has great hands and can block. He's perfect for tebow.
Auhhhh, hate to break this to you, but we only have 1 (one) day 1 pick unless we get a 1st round pick for Orton.

Round 1 Thursday April 28

Round 2 and 3 Friday April 29
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:50 AM   #24
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Wilson, NC
Posts: 7,900

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward
Default

I'd only be okay with this if we got another 2nd for Orton, or we trade down from #2 and pick up another 2nd (or both!). We do need TE, but I'd rather go F/A with someone like Miller from Oakland. I'd also love to sign Michael Bush for RB depth and not have to worry about that in the draft either, then the only offense we should draft is late round OT for depth.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:40 AM   #25
~Crash~
My new dog
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,579

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I think Broncos can realistically have a shot at getting Jared Crick de/dt from Nebraska with the 2nd rounder from Miami. I think he's better for a 3-4 then either Darius or Fairley. Also the NT types can't go that high in the first or 2nd really. So if we are switching to a 4-3 then I say draft Dareus. If not then draft Peterson with the first, Rudolph with the 2nd, Crick with other 2nd. If you think that wouldn't be a good draft I think you are crazy. If anything Rudolph goes before we pick in 2nd and it's all moot. He's that good. Some good team low in the first round will take him and he will be a stud.
Dareus is a five Technique for bama..just saying
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Round 6 Pick - Eric Olsen - C - Notre Dame MrPeepers Orange Mane Central Discussion 25 04-26-2010 06:45 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:20 AM.


Denver Broncos