The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2011, 03:57 PM   #1
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default State of the broncos address for 2011

STATE OF THE BRONCOS ADDRESS FOR 2011

by Ty McIntosh Campbell on Monday, January 3, 2011 at 12:16pm

Well, the Denver Broncos just finished their worst season ever.....the Josh McDaniels error, I mean era is through. I'm wondering if there's going to be any holdover assistants outside of Greek. John Elway is going to be announced as the director of football operations, and through that he's going to hire a new head coach- and maybe a new GM if John doesn't retain Brian Xanders. I posted that Xanders should have gotten fired, and I would stand by that if McDaniels already hadn't gotten the axe. That said, yours truly is going to put on his swami hat and project what the Broncos should do this offseason.

1. NEW HEAD COACH - 1. John Fox 2. Brian Schottenheimer 3. Ron Rivera. Notice who ISN'T on that list. Jim Harbaugh is either going to Michigan or stay at Stanford. Jon Gruden likes the TV booth way too much to take on a rebuilding project like ours, and Bill Cowher's a pipe dream. Yeah, I know Fox has a rough last two seasons in Carolina, but his overall body of work down in Charlotte(including three division titles), along with the willingness to work with a personnell man makes him my favorite. Marty's kid in my book is ready to interview for head coaching jobs, and with his experience dealing with Mark Sanchez, he'd be able to handle whatever starting Tim Tebow entails, and Rivera would be the best candidiate if our focus is rebuilding the defense from scratch.

2. MAKE TEBOW THE STARTER FOR BETTER OR WORSE- If Kyle Orton had thrown those two picks that Tebow threw against the Chargers last sunday, Broncomaniacs would have relentlessly booed him off the field. Tebow's three games showed alot of reasons to believe that he's the future with his passion, fight, leadership and will to compete to the bitter end. He also showed some holes in his game with some really bad overthrows, some wobbly short passes, and you've got to wonder when Tebow is going to get hurt the way he runs. That said, if any other QB other than Tebow takes snaps for the Broncos in 2011, I don't know how intrested people are going to be in the team. Tebow make me feel back in the Elway era, where I didn't want to miss a snap because anything can happen with this cat. And you know that Tebow is going to work relentlessly hard and try to win the coach's confidence. The Broncos biggest problems lie on defense, and Bronco Nation is willing to be patient with the new coach if Tebow plays.

3. LET CHAMP BAILEY GO. If I'm Champ, I'm heading to a contender.

4. TRADE KYLE ORTON AND MAYBE EDDIE ROYAL FOR PICKS. In as much as I love Eddie's speed, we have four capable recievers already and Orton's value isn't going to get any higher. Getting 4th and 5th round picks for these two will help in the draft.

5. WITH THE 2ND PICK IN THE 2011 NFL DRAFT, THE DENVER BRONCOS SELECT DA' QWAN BOWERS, LINEBACKER FROM CLEMSON. If I hear anything diffrent, either Andrew Luck's still on the board or somebody should be shot. Bowers is the most complete defensive front seven player in the draft that can rush the passer just as well as he can stop the run. Granted, this is a rich cornerback draft but Bowers can't be passed up on at the 2 spot. With Elvis Dumervil coming back, the pass rush gets better in a hurry provided that we can get a decent DL somehow.

6. RESIGN RYAN HARRIS. The offensive line might return to be a strength of the team IF- Ryan Clady comes to camp healthy. JD Walton and Zach Beadles make the second year jump in improvement, and if Chris Kuper is okay. Harris has done better than I ever thought he would coming out of Notre Dame, and provided he stays on- the line could be fine.

7. CHALLENGE NO-SHOW MORENO AND ROBERT AYERS. These two former first round picks haven't shown me ****. The new coach needs to challenge the both of them harshly, or they go to the CFL in 2012.

8. BRING ON THE ORANGE JERSEYS FULL TIME. Wouldn't you agree?

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2011, 04:00 PM   #2
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Pass on Bowers
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:01 PM   #3
PRBronco
_never forget_

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth

Lol no-show moreno! Nice one. This article is fantastic. I would pay money to subscribe to this blog.
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:05 PM   #4
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Stopped reading at John Fox. lulz what a joke.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:07 PM   #5
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Who wrote that ****ty article?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:07 PM   #6
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBronco View Post
Lol no-show moreno! Nice one. This article is fantastic. I would pay money to subscribe to this blog.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...30#post2963330

They didn't think so.....

Old 01-03-2011, 04:10 PM   #7
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Gonna go out on a limb and guess bleacherreport
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:10 PM   #8
Agamemnon

Err...Brian Schottenheimer? Let Champ go? Da'Qwan Bowers with #2 pick?

Okay...
Old 01-03-2011, 04:12 PM   #9
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Urgh, that is absolutely awful reading. Just awful.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:12 PM   #10
ayjackson
Pro Bowler

Not so new to the forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Is Bowers supposed to play OLB or DE in the 3-4? Or with Fox are we going 4-3? That would make sense, except that then we'd need two 2 DT's and two LB's. And one of Ayers/Doom would become redundant.
ayjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:12 PM   #11
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Ty McIntosh Campbell = mongtard?
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:13 PM   #12
schaaf

I do agree Tebow needs to be the starter for better or worse
Old 01-03-2011, 04:27 PM   #13
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

People always think the way to unleash one pass rusher ( doom ) is by having another pass rusher on other side. I do agree its great to have a double threat but really to help doom you put a bigger player inside of him, and a bigger linebacker behind him. He needs some size on his side of the field to help him out. A big strong DE in front of doom is the key.

If we could trade down, grab Dareus or Fairley, put them at DE (if we stay 3-4), that would help doom tremendously. The offense wouldnt be able to just run at doom, and having another pass rushing threat would open things up on the whole side of the field. With a LT worrying about doom a good DE should be able to get pressure, even from a 3-4.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:27 PM   #14
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

New coach should start Tebow for sure. You get a free yr. If Tebow tanks you say he wasn't my pick and you get a free yr.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:28 PM   #15
HorseHead
Ring of Famer

Stay thirsty my friends..

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay

please punch yourself in the throat..that being said, good effort..
HorseHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:29 PM   #16
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Also how does not tagging Bailey and just letting him walk for nothing help the Broncos? What a joke that is. If Bailey still a top 5 CB, still can do it for 2 to 3 more yrs, then he's worth a 3rd round pick at least. Probably more like a 2nd round pick because I think he can play safety another 2 yrs after hes slowed down a bit more.

You tag Bailey then see what happens. Letting him walk would mean more of Broncos letting the good player leave.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:37 PM   #17
Jesterhole
Ring of Famer

Ridin' the McFailboat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Also how does not tagging Bailey and just letting him walk for nothing help the Broncos? What a joke that is. If Bailey still a top 5 CB, still can do it for 2 to 3 more yrs, then he's worth a 3rd round pick at least. Probably more like a 2nd round pick because I think he can play safety another 2 yrs after hes slowed down a bit more.

You tag Bailey then see what happens. Letting him walk would mean more of Broncos letting the good player leave.
I brought this up in another thread, and someone pointed out that with no new CBA, there are no tags, so we don't have anything to restrict Bailey right now. Then again, he isn't going anywhere until a new CBA is signed anyway. Let's hope it still allows for franchising...
Jesterhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:39 PM   #18
Jesterhole
Ring of Famer

Ridin' the McFailboat...

A 4th and a 5th for Orton and Royal? Why trade Royal, DT hasn't proven anything other than he can get hurt.
Jesterhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:40 PM   #19
Cosmo
Perennial Pro-bowler

Even Burger Bill can write better than this, and that's saying something.....geez.
Cosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:00 PM   #20
broncsyanks
Broncos kick a$$!!!

the article was totally lost cause of the bold and large writing. what are we blind now? let champ go? he might have lost a step but is still a quality DB
broncsyanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:22 PM   #21
goldengopher1976
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

6. RESIGN RYAN HARRIS. The offensive line might return to be a strength of the team IF- Ryan Clady comes to camp healthy. JD Walton and Zach Beadles make the second year jump in improvement, and if Chris Kuper is okay. Harris has done better than I ever thought he would coming out of Notre Dame, and provided he stays on- the line could be fine.

Surprised no one commented on the fact that this die-hard with time on his hands doesn't even know ZANE Beadles' first name.

But I agree w/ him on Tebow
goldengopher1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:45 PM   #22
Steve Sewell
Oh Tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

Patrick and Ty's pimp

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Reggie Rivers

idrankbleachasakidreport.com
Steve Sewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:59 PM   #23
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

All I can say about this is I would rather draft the next Al Wilson than the next Champ Bailey
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:52 AM   #24
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Old 12-23-2011, 12:03 PM   #25
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

I guess my little Brother wasn't too far off the mark.