The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2011, 01:12 PM   #1
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default Ot: Carlos Gonzalez's publicist says he's agreed to Rockies contract extension

SWEET!

http://www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci_16999907Carlos Gonzalez's publicist says he's agreed to Rockies contract extension
By Troy E. Renck
The Denver Post
Posted: 01/03/2011 01:12:52 PM MST
Updated: 01/03/2011 02:09:32 PM MST

Outfielder Carlos Gonzalez agreed to a 7-year, $80 million contract, pending a physical, according to his publicist in Venezuela.

In a series of tweets today, Gonzalez's representative indicated the young outfielder has agreed to a new deal and would be coming to Denver on Wednesday for a physical, then sign the contract extension.

"He's really happy. He loves Denver and loves his teammates," Fabiola Bohorquez, Gonzalez's publicist, said from during a phone call. Bohorquez was hired during last season to handle Gonzalez's media requests.

She confirmed the 7-year, $80 million figures. Reached today, Rockies officials declined comment. Per club policy they do not discuss ongoing negotiations.

"On behalf of Carlos Gonzalez, I can say that he is more than satisfied with this agreement and very grateful to God for a unique opportunity," Bohorquez tweeted, originally in Spanish.

Rockies owner Dick Monfort has told The Denver Post repeatedly this off-season that he would like to sign Gonzalez to a long-term contract, increasing the window that Troy Tulowitzki, Gonzalez and Ubaldo Jimenez can remain together as the team's core.

Last year, Gonzalez finished third in the NL MVP voting in his first full season in the majors.

Gonzalez is under the Rockies' control through 2014, meaning a seven-year deal would cover his first three free agent years, through 2017, which would be the advantage for the Rockies.

Gonzalez's agent, Scott Boras, normally does not have his clients sign contract extensions which include potential free agent years.

It is unclear whether or not Boras approved of this deal. But Bohorquez tweeted that "CarGo still has the services of his agent Scott Boras, who helped him reach an agreement with Rockies."

The Rockies have successfully negotiated contracts like this in the past, namely with Tulowitzki after his rookie season.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2011, 01:14 PM   #2
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Wow! Great deal for the Rockies.
Man-Goblin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:14 PM   #3
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...63#post3068063
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:14 PM   #4
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

that would kick ass!
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:17 PM   #5
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
With all due respect, good luck with anyone seeing that there.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:18 PM   #6
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Troy Renck says: "The CarGo deal with the #Rockies was made without the consent of his agent Scott Boras."

HAHAHAHAHA! That would make it even better.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:19 PM   #7
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Yeah I never check the MLB thread. I go to at least five Rockies games a year and watch most of them on FSN, so while I don't fancy myself a baseball expert, I do follow them. The Holiday trade still looks pretty good. Say what you will about Monfarts, but their model is working at least somewhat.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:24 PM   #8
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

One of the luckiest breaks the Rox could ever get. I mean, Boras has got to be ready to die right now. Surely he knows a team like the Yanks would offer CarGo twice that when he hits free agency. Huge coup for the Rox having CarGo and Tulo through 2018.

Best news I've heard all year! Heeeeeeyooooooo!
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote