The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2011, 11:40 PM   #1
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs
 
Doggcow's Avatar
 
At Unbelievers

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,924

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default Anyone else getting this sh*t from Tebow haters too?

"Tim Tebow's Rushing yards don't count"
-Why not? They're still yards. They still count in the stats. These are generally the kids sucking off vick too.

"Rushing TD's don't count for Tebow"
- What the ****? Why not? THEY COUNT FOR 6 POINTS ON THE BOARD? They count for RB's? Just because he has an element to his game that a lot of people don't, it "doesn't count"? Jagoff.


"Tebow's only completing 50% of his passes, and he played against houston!"
- He played against SD #1 pass d, and Oakland #5 pass d... too...

"Tebow couldn't beat Oakland/SD"
-He did a damn fine job of keeping us in the game single handedly though.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2011, 11:47 PM   #2
loborugger
lost in the ether
 
loborugger's Avatar
 
Did we finally get a FB???

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: The 'cuse
Posts: 5,709

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis
Default

I dont argue with folks on the interwebz too much, so no.

As a new converted Tebow supporter, I share your enthusiasm. He is the only reason I watched the last 3 games this season. Kids got fire & wants to win. He is the freshly stamped face of the franchise.

Saying all that, let the haters hate. Not much else you can. Kid seems like a winner. He does have some issue. However, the kid is a rook. Doesnt anyone cut a rook a little slack any more. Your points are valid as are theirs. Dont get too wrapped up in it.

The worst thing about Tebow starting the season in game 13 is that we now have to wait 9 months to watch him again. I hope and pray for good things. Until then, I dont plan on arguing with the haters.
loborugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:49 PM   #3
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs
 
Doggcow's Avatar
 
At Unbelievers

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,924

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Not on the internet... I know Seahawks fans are about as retarded as they come, so I understand the assumption though
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:51 PM   #4
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,465
Default

I have a feeling we will be hearing these arguments for awhile. Tebow is a unique quarterback. He presents multiple problems for defenses. Build a competent defense and get him a security blanket TE and either a big back or a pure speed RB and watch his development. Its going to be fun, which is something the team has been lacking for awhile now.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:55 PM   #5
loborugger
lost in the ether
 
loborugger's Avatar
 
Did we finally get a FB???

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: The 'cuse
Posts: 5,709

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
I have a feeling we will be hearing these arguments for awhile. Tebow is a unique quarterback. He presents multiple problems for defenses. Build a competent defense and get him a security blanket TE and either a big back or a pure speed RB and watch his development. Its going to be fun, which is something the team has been lacking for awhile now.

Ya.

The kid is like Vick in the ATL before the dogs and all that. Where Vick got all wrapped up in himself and Ron Mexico and got lazy, I dont think Tebow will. And look at Vick now that the dude has his feces amalgamated - or at least a lot more together than he ever did in Atlanta. He is on fire. If anyone can turn his unique talents into something special, its a humble hardworking person like Tebow.
loborugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:55 PM   #6
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Not2Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 16,236

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

There's a lot of ignorant people around. The people I know consider Tebow pretty dang good.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:04 AM   #7
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs
 
Doggcow's Avatar
 
At Unbelievers

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,924

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

I think people just want to hate Tebow, because his potential is limitless.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:05 AM   #8
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 21,611

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

I think most Broncos fans know he needs to get his passing game in order and we are willing to give it some time since he is a rookie. There is potential to be a superstar in the NFL. With Orton, he might be manageable but is there excitement building behind him for a 4-12 team? No way! Seems Tebow has done his thing since High School and he beats the criticism put upon him. Not too many fans of ****ty teams are excited about the offseason but I know we are.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:07 AM   #9
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Not2Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 16,236

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

If I was an NFL player I would love to be on the team with Tebow.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:57 AM   #10
Kaylore
Shall we begin?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Pete Carroll is a douche

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,529

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

This is what Vick haters hear and he has the Eagles in the playoffs at home so who cares? They can talk about how their yards and TD's "don't count" while their team is at home.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:19 AM   #11
RunSilentRunDeep
Ring of Famer
 
RunSilentRunDeep's Avatar
 
I root for laundry

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,420

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas
Default

Your answer is, "Yes, Tebow sucked yesterday but it a good learning experience. Oh by the way, he generated more yards and points than Peyton Manning did against the same defense -- but with two fewer interceptions"
RunSilentRunDeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:44 AM   #12
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,362

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

You should see if they thought Orton was any good. Tebow the rookie has us scoring more points while not having McDaniels game plans. Tebow gets it done.

Anyways, who cares what haters say? They don't matter. Just point and laugh at them.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:57 AM   #13
TotallyScrewed
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
There's a lot of ignorant people around. The people I know consider Tebow pretty dang good.
So you're saying that the ignorant people you know consider Tebow pretty dang good?!?!









J/K
TotallyScrewed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:57 AM   #14
Steve Sewell
Oh Tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!
 
Steve Sewell's Avatar
 
Patrick and Ty's pimp

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,620

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Reggie Rivers
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
I have a feeling we will be hearing these arguments for awhile. Tebow is a unique quarterback. He presents multiple problems for defenses. Build a competent defense and get him a security blanket TE and either a big back or a pure speed RB and watch his development. Its going to be fun, which is something the team has been lacking for awhile now.

I agree wholeheartedly.

I think Tebow (and the Broncos) would thrive by building a solid defense and emphasizing the running game. I don't think Tebow is ever going to be a 65% completion short passing game manager type. He has a GREAT deep ball and an ability to improvise and move the chains on his own. Surround him with a solid supporting cast focused on running and stopping the run while making 2-3 big plays in the passing game, and you've got a Broncos team that will be very difficult to play against.

Heck, if the Broncos had any sort of competent defense, they would have crushed San Diego yesterday.
Steve Sewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:02 AM   #15
TotallyScrewed
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,637
Default

Here's the thing for me...

1) In year's past, we thought we knew what we had going int the next season but radical changes changed that.

2) We don't even know who the coach or complete FO is going to be or whether they will like Tebow.

3) Tebow has had a very small sample size of NFL experience. The kid needs to work on some things and every QB does.

4) It's a long offseason and who really gives a crap what other fans think?!?! Are they ever more correct than we are? No way. Not that we're correct either. It is a moron who takes advise from a horses' ass.
TotallyScrewed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:06 AM   #16
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,631
Default

I haven't been getting any business from "Tebow haters". I love Tebow and think he's a great kid with off the charts intangibles. He's a great football player but don't think he's a very good QB yet. His long term future cannot be running the way he did yesterday. He has to develop a passing game to be the long term answer at QB for the Broncos.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:18 AM   #17
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..
 
Jekyll15Hyde's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,764
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I haven't been getting any business from "Tebow haters". I love Tebow and think he's a great kid with off the charts intangibles. He's a great football player but don't think he's a very good QB yet. His long term future cannot be running the way he did yesterday. He has to develop a passing game to be the long term answer at QB for the Broncos.
Ahhhh sanity but only at post #16.... The main's tebowner is lasting longer than 4hrs and doc should be consulted.
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:21 AM   #18
Mile High Shack
Ring of Famer
 
Mile High Shack's Avatar
 
Cock-a-doodle-do

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 16,938
Default

I'm just letting it roll off my back, for some reason, people either love or hate Tebow.

I HATED the draft pick, I mean hated, with a passion, I thought Tebow would be a great Tight End in the NFL, that's it.

These last 3 games have changed my mind about him...like I keep saying
Mile High Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:29 AM   #19
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..
 
Jekyll15Hyde's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,764
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Shack View Post
I'm just letting it roll off my back, for some reason, people either love or hate Tebow.

I HATED the draft pick, I mean hated, with a passion, I thought Tebow would be a great Tight End in the NFL, that's it.

These last 3 games have changed my mind about him...like I keep saying
You had me at the first two lines cause that is exactly where I was. But please attempt to articulate what you saw in 3 starts that shows a) he is going to be player that can take us to the next level and b) that he was effectively worth the draft compensation of a Brandon Marshall.

I see an overwhelming desperational latch-on by a fan base where Tebow is the first thing that that looks even remotely positive after watching moves that continually only looked like steps in the wrong direction... Understandable from the general fan base but really shocking for the Mane, at least at these levels.

Last edited by Jekyll15Hyde; 01-03-2011 at 07:32 AM..
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:35 AM   #20
Mile High Shack
Ring of Famer
 
Mile High Shack's Avatar
 
Cock-a-doodle-do

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 16,938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtech96 View Post
You had me at the first two lines cause that is exactly where I was. But please attempt to articulate what you saw in 3 starts that shows a) he is going to be player that can take us to the next level and b) that he was effectively worth the draft compensation of a Brandon Marshall.
he's had 3 starts in the NFL, THREE, that's it. He's only going to get better, so far in THREE NFL starts he's

40/84 for 651 4 TDs 3 INTs 199 yards rushing and 3 rushing TDs

for a guy that has only started 3 NFL games in his career, that's a pretty promising start

look at what Sam Bradford did last night, against the 30th ranked defense in the NFL, the learning curve for a rookie QB is huge.

then there is the factor of his passion and his work ethic, there is nothing that has scared me away from Tebow right now, he will continue to work and get better. I'm a converted hater
Mile High Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:53 AM   #21
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..
 
Jekyll15Hyde's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,764
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Shack View Post
he's had 3 starts in the NFL, THREE, that's it. He's only going to get better, so far in THREE NFL starts he's

40/84 for 651 4 TDs 3 INTs 199 yards rushing and 3 rushing TDs

for a guy that has only started 3 NFL games in his career, that's a pretty promising start

look at what Sam Bradford did last night, against the 30th ranked defense in the NFL, the learning curve for a rookie QB is huge.

then there is the factor of his passion and his work ethic, there is nothing that has scared me away from Tebow right now, he will continue to work and get better. I'm a converted hater
How about explaining what you saw in game situations, not stats that made you a believer. I dont want to read a stat line from a QB who in 3 games basically where the game was nearly over by the half each time (well 2 of them).

Lets not kid ourselves about each of the 3 performances.

Against OAK, the D gets 3 TOs in OAK territory in the first half. The initial 40yd TD run is a bit of a fluke and catches OAK off guard. Solid performance considering the circumstances but nothing than noting the Tebow is certainly different, and at a minimum, entertaining.

Against HOU, the offense does **** in the 1st half where Tebow mostly tries to be a pocket passer. Realizing that in the 2nd half, we resort to basically Gator football with mostly shotgun and little screen passes with several designed runs against a POROUS D. And give the kid credit, we won because of his 2nd half and the D saving the day with a late pick.

And finally yesterday, where through 3 quarters, the game thread and any honest observer sees a TERRIBLE performance. And much like the HOU game, once the OC decides run more of a Gator offense late in the 3rd with several design runs and short passes out of the shotgun, we put together a couple of late scores to make the score look much closer than what anyone who watched the game would tell you.

I see a QB who isnt anytime soon going to be able to stand back in the pocket and beat any team. To be successful, they will have to employ more of what he did at FLA with several designed runs. And as I posted in other threads, it will be fun to watch Tebow for a few year run (5 tops). In that window I see contending for division titles but nothing more than getting past the WC round. Then after about 5 years of all these games with 10 or so runs by Tebow, the beating takes its toll and his career effectively ends prematurely.

Some of you may just be perfectly happy with that 5 year scenario. I am not b/c we will probably drag it out to 7yrs where the last 2 are a waste.

Last edited by Jekyll15Hyde; 01-03-2011 at 07:55 AM..
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:56 AM   #22
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,428
Default

before the interwebs, fans and media used to talk **** about elway until he finally won a SuperBowl.

get used to it
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:59 AM   #23
Old Dude
Super Moderator
 
Old Dude's Avatar
 
Consultant

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: DIA Tunnels
Posts: 14,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Shack View Post
he's had 3 starts in the NFL, THREE, that's it. He's only going to get better, so far in THREE NFL starts he's

40/84 for 651 4 TDs 3 INTs 199 yards rushing and 3 rushing TDs

for a guy that has only started 3 NFL games in his career, that's a pretty promising start

look at what Sam Bradford did last night, against the 30th ranked defense in the NFL, the learning curve for a rookie QB is huge.

then there is the factor of his passion and his work ethic, there is nothing that has scared me away from Tebow right now, he will continue to work and get better. I'm a converted hater

I haven't decided if I'm a Tebow hater or not, because I'm too busy hating our defense. I only have so much hate to go around and the worst D in the NFL is keeping it pretty busy.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:00 AM   #24
Mile High Shack
Ring of Famer
 
Mile High Shack's Avatar
 
Cock-a-doodle-do

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 16,938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtech96 View Post
How about explaining what you saw in game situations, not stats that made you a believer. I dont want to read a stat line from a QB who in 3 games basically where the game was nearly over by the half each time (well 2 of them).

Lets not kid ourselves about each of the 3 performances.

Against OAK, the D gets 3 TOs in OAK territory in the first half. The initial 40yd TD run is a bit of a fluke and catches OAK off guard. Solid performance considering the circumstances but nothing than noting the Tebow is certainly different, and at a minimum, entertaining.

Against HOU, the offense does **** in the 1st half where Tebow mostly tries to be a pocket passer. Realizing that in the 2nd half, we resort to basically Gator football with mostly shotgun and little screen passes with several designed runs against a POROUS D. And give the kid credit, we won because of his 2nd half and the D saving the day with a late pick.

And finally yesterday, where through 3 quarters, the game thread and any honest observer sees a TERRIBLE performance. And much like the HOU game, once the OC decides run more of a Gator offense late in the 3rd with several design runs and short passes out of the shotgun, we put together a couple of late scores to make the score look much closer than what anyone who watched the game would tell you.

I see a QB who isnt anytime soon going to be able to stand back in the pocket and beat any team. To be successful, they will have to employ more of what he did at FLA with several designed runs. And as I posted in other threads, it will be fun to watch Tebow for a few year run (5 tops). In that window I see contending for division titles but nothing more than getting past the WC round. Then after about 5 years of all these games with 10 or so runs by Tebow, the beating takes its toll and his career effectively ends prematurely.

Some of you may just be perfectly happy with that 5 year scenario. I am not b/c we will probably drag it out to 7yrs where the last 2 are a waste.
it's a free country and you can chose to see the negative if you wish, I for one see a kid, when the game is on the line, steps his game up

He's got something you can't coach and that something is going to make him a pretty good QB
Mile High Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:01 AM   #25
Mile High Shack
Ring of Famer
 
Mile High Shack's Avatar
 
Cock-a-doodle-do

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 16,938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
I haven't decided if I'm a Tebow hater or not, because I'm too busy hating our defense. I only have so much hate to go around and the worst D in the NFL is keeping it pretty busy.
pretty much the worst defense in modern day professional football......when you are ranked in almost every category dead last, it's time to hit cntrl + alt + del on the defense
Mile High Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:52 AM.


Denver Broncos