The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2010, 10:22 PM   #1
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Default Tebow

I hated the selection....hated, hated hated it.

I have now watched 2 games of his....I think he may be a decent QB. Is he better than Luck? time willl tell BUT I am happy he is in Denver. They may have found an answer to Elway/Cutler.....
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2010, 10:24 PM   #2
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

'Elway/cutler'

****ing LULZ!!!!11!!
Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:24 PM   #3
vercingetorix

The Broncos drafted Tebow?
Old 12-28-2010, 10:24 PM   #4
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

No. Tebow chose us.
Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:25 PM   #5
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Who is this Tebow?
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:26 PM   #6
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Tebow the Letter - The REM song?
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:27 PM   #7
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by vercingetorix View Post
The Broncos drafted Tebow?
Actually Lex, Josh McDaniels drafted Tebow.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:31 PM   #8
vercingetorix

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
Actually Lex, Josh McDaniels drafted Tebow.
Again with this Lex guy! Who is he and why are so many obsessed with him?
Old 12-29-2010, 12:09 AM   #9
schaaf

Three years from now that may very well be the only decision of McDaniel's that I agree with.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:11 AM   #10
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Jhns is lex IMO. I have no idea who you are.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:15 AM   #11
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

If we go with Tebow it means we go for a totally different type of attack then we would with someone like Luck.

Watch the Eagles. We would be an attack style offense where the QB runs about 10 times a game. Lot's of moving the pocket, creative screens, quick passes, long bombs at any time, qb draws etc etc.

It won't be boring with Tebow because he will pull it down and run it when defense screws up. A lot of qbs just don't want to run. They won't do it unless it's for a 3rd down conversion or wide open.

Vick and I think Tebow as well, run even if it's to get 5 easy yrds. Put's a lot of pressure on the defense but also can mean more turnovers.

With the rules protection QBS though we can make it work to our advantage. If they are going to protect them like daiseys you might as well tell tebow to run forrest run.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:16 AM   #12
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Actually if Tebow wins then it vindicates a lot of what McDaniels was trying to do. Maybe he should have just started him this yr. That may have bought him another yr.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:40 AM   #13
The Moops
Old School Dude

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

One of McDaniels biggest down falls was not playing Tebow sooner.

No one fires a coach playing his rookie #1 pick QB . . .

I think Tebow will continue to show doubters that he is a winner.
The Moops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 06:50 AM   #14
Jay3

Yes, for good or bad, McD would still have the job if he had put Tebow in. Time to do it (if not from the first game, Mark Sanchez style) was after the bye.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:51 AM   #15
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Put the guy on ignore. He's a moron.
I've got him on my ignore list. Don't quote him. Just ignore his ass...

I'm not a betting person, but this idiot was betting money at the start of the season that Orton would make the probowl, Moreno would run over 1000 yards, and that the Broncos would make the play-offs.
Somebody should've taken this idiot to the cleaners.
If anything, he jinxes everything he thinks will be good for the team.
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:00 AM   #16
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
I hated the selection....hated, hated hated it.

I have now watched 2 games of his....I think he may be a decent QB. Is he better than Luck? time willl tell BUT I am happy he is in Denver. They may have found an answer to Elway/Cutler.....
This is what I think people are just starting to get about Tebow. Tebow is a all or nothing type of proposition. He was either going to be a complete swing and a miss, or a epic grand slam.

His game either wasn't going to translate to the NFL at all, too long delivery, would get squashed every time he tries to run, inaccurate downfield. Or it was going to be more of Florida, which honestly was one of the (if not the) greatest football performances of all time, at least at a college level. He broke Peyton Manning's passing records, Herschel Walker's rushing records. Two national championships, awards galore etc, etc etc.

I think you can already start to see this. In the first Game Tebow rushed more as a QB then any Denver QB ever had - including Elway. In the second game, Tebow blew past Elway and Morton and led the largest Denver come back - 17-0 at half. This is from a rook, a kid nowhere near the ceiling of his abilities, and he is trucking.

I am going to go out a a big hairy huge freaken limb here. I honestly believe that Tebow may end up being as dominant in the NFL as he was in college, if we get the right pieces around him. Yes, I know that's a insanely high goal, and yes, I know that critics will scoff at such a idea. But I think thoose of us who beleived in Tebow are a step or two beyond where everyone else is at.

But you better believe that in two years, I will own up to this post.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:03 AM   #17
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostknight View Post
I am going to go out a a big hairy huge freaken limb here. I honestly believe that Tebow may end up being as dominant in the NFL as he was in college, if we get the right pieces around him. Yes, I know that's a insanely high goal, and yes, I know that critics will scoff at such a idea. But I think thoose of us who beleived in Tebow are a step or two beyond where everyone else is at.

I'll own it, too. I think he'll be one of the all time greats. (But I'm not basing that on two games -- it's what I already thought).
Old 12-29-2010, 09:04 AM   #18
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Actually if Tebow wins then it vindicates a lot of what McDaniels was trying to do. Maybe he should have just started him this yr. That may have bought him another yr.
The news that McDaniels did in fact want to trade Orton and start Tebow or Quinn certainly is ironic in the extreme.

It's interesting. It's everything right and wrong about Josh in one central moment. The football IQ and willingness to go against the grain to see something that most others missed (although it's pretty certain that Belicheck would have grabbed Tebow had we passed on him), and the complete lack of people skills, and the ability to generate a consensus to actually execute his position.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:24 AM   #19
MileHighMagic
Ho-Slayer

SAUCED

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dave Logan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagmar View Post
Who is this Tebow?
Supreme Being
MileHighMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:28 AM   #20
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moops View Post
One of McDaniels biggest down falls was not playing Tebow sooner.

No one fires a coach playing his rookie #1 pick QB . . .

I think Tebow will continue to show doubters that he is a winner.
I can't stand Mcdaniels and Orton, but there was no reason to play Tebow until the Broncos were knocked out of the playoffs.

someday the broncos will fix the defense
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:31 AM   #21
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
I can't stand Mcdaniels and Orton, but there was no reason to play Tebow until the Broncos were knocked out of the playoffs.
Other than better chance to win with Tebow.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:42 AM   #22
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
You are Jake Klug at Broncos Forum and you were referred to as Lex over there. No one else would be named Lex so put two and two together and you are Lex, the one who was banned here from popping on Popps' kids.

On to subject, Ray has left the the anti Tebow group so does that make TGN the president or was he all along?

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
Put the guy on ignore. He's a moron.
I've got him on my ignore list. Don't quote him. Just ignore his ass...

I'm not a betting person, but this idiot was betting money at the start of the season that Orton would make the probowl, Moreno would run over 1000 yards, and that the Broncos would make the play-offs.
Somebody should've taken this idiot to the cleaners.
If anything, he jinxes everything he thinks will be good for the team.
I dont think those are reasons to put someone on iggy. If they keep posting, it wont change the jinxing. How do you know what he stated at the beginning of the season if he has just got here (again)? I am pretty sure this is Lex but at least he doesnt act like that one....so far.

Last edited by broncocalijohn; 12-29-2010 at 11:46 AM..
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:46 AM   #23
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
Other than better chance to win with Tebow.
starting a rookie QB rarely gives you a better chance to win. But everything worked out in the end.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:52 AM   #24
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagmar View Post
Who is this Tebow?
I read about him in the Foneco thread...
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:53 AM   #25
Jesterhole
Ring of Famer

Ridin' the McFailboat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostknight View Post
This is what I think people are just starting to get about Tebow. Tebow is a all or nothing type of proposition. He was either going to be a complete swing and a miss, or a epic grand slam.

His game either wasn't going to translate to the NFL at all, too long delivery, would get squashed every time he tries to run, inaccurate downfield. Or it was going to be more of Florida, which honestly was one of the (if not the) greatest football performances of all time, at least at a college level. He broke Peyton Manning's passing records, Herschel Walker's rushing records. Two national championships, awards galore etc, etc etc.

I think you can already start to see this. In the first Game Tebow rushed more as a QB then any Denver QB ever had - including Elway. In the second game, Tebow blew past Elway and Morton and led the largest Denver come back - 17-0 at half. This is from a rook, a kid nowhere near the ceiling of his abilities, and he is trucking.

At the very least, Tebow has shown enough for us to be comfortable with him moving forward. All choices like this are gambles, but both in the preseason and these path two games, Tim has shown that he can make the throws, extend plays, and come through in the clutch. I see no reason a young, hard working guy who wants it like him won't continue to improve dramatically. The team is rebuilding, and Tebow is a great piece to build around.

I mean, this kid will put in Peyton Manning like effort in...how can we not go with that?
Jesterhole is offline   Reply With Quote