The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2010, 08:19 AM   #1
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default Studesville

You know, watching how Studesville has been running this team, I still will not be entirely shocked if he ends up getting the long term nod at HC. He's improved every week - just like Tebow - and would be in a position to leave the parts of the team that are working (offense) in place, while replacing the parts that are not - defense. What's more, I think he has a mentality that fits more with Denver. Pound it out on the ground, and make some big plays in the air.

We could do far worse. (We can also do better, I admit).
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2010, 08:23 AM   #2
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

I actually agree. Everyone gets their shot at some point. A solid showing this week and who knows what will happen.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:31 AM   #3
Binkythefrog
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
I actually agree. Everyone gets their shot at some point. A solid showing this week and who knows what will happen.
The next head coach doesn't need to have a huge name.

The Steelers and the Falcons went with relatively unknowns (Tomlin and Mike Smith) and both have been very successful.

In some ways, having a head coach who hasn't proved anything could be an advantage. As we all know from McDaniels, it wasn't the football knowledge but rather the team management aspects of being a coach that got him fired.

If Studesville knows how to handle players well, gets the players to play hard and has the respect of his assistant coaches, I think the Broncos can go with some bigger name coordinators but leave the overall leadership to Studesville.
Binkythefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:46 AM   #4
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostknight View Post
You know, watching how Studesville has been running this team, I still will not be entirely shocked if he ends up getting the long term nod at HC. He's improved every week - just like Tebow - and would be in a position to leave the parts of the team that are working (offense) in place, while replacing the parts that are not - defense. What's more, I think he has a mentality that fits more with Denver. Pound it out on the ground, and make some big plays in the air.

Whoa, I completely agree. We'll see how he does this week.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:50 AM   #5
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
replace hillman

Quote:
What's more, I think he has a mentality that fits more with Denver. Pound it out on the ground, and make some big plays in the air.
is that more a product of McCoy, or is this all Studesville?...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:53 AM   #6
illbroncsfn
Ring of Famer

adopt a bronco- Barrel Man's Barrel

No- not going to happen.

Studesville has done a nice job as the interim HC, but he will not have the interim tag removed.
illbroncsfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:09 AM   #7
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

Been thinking this exact same thing over the past couple of days, especially after watching the locker room post game footage on DB.com.

The players seem to like the guy a lot, and so far he's carried himself extremely well.

I'm not saying I want him as the long term answer, but I wouldn't be shocked if he got the job in a move to promote continuity on this team.

We'll see.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:09 AM   #8
supermanhr9
Ring of Famer

"I'm gonna burn this mother down"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nobody

Scary, but I kind of agree with this mentality as well. I gues he gave one hell of a "WTF" halftime speech.

If he beats the Chargers this weekend, he'll have my full support (I'll consider if he comes close).
supermanhr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:13 AM   #9
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcver2ver3 View Post
is that more a product of McCoy, or is this all Studesville?...
Well, Studesville had a playsheet in his hands this week. I don't recall him being involved at all with playcalling the previous weeks. We might have decided to stick his nose in it seeing as how terrible it had been.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:15 AM   #10
schaaf

Were you guys kinda impressed with McCoy this weekend??

The first half he started out with some easy screen passes to help Tim. I think he tried to many and eventually got jabar about killed.. but it seemed like in the second half he came out and called a pretty good offensive game. He unleashed Tebow a bit there in the second half and he really excelled in it.

What are your guys thoughts about McCoy last week?
Old 12-28-2010, 09:38 AM   #11
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
replace hillman

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaaf View Post
Were you guys kinda impressed with McCoy this weekend??

The first half he started out with some easy screen passes to help Tim. I think he tried to many and eventually got jabar about killed.. but it seemed like in the second half he came out and called a pretty good offensive game. He unleashed Tebow a bit there in the second half and he really excelled in it.

What are your guys thoughts about McCoy last week?
i was very impressed with mccoy...

but i don't know how much of that gameplan was mccoy and how much was studesville...
Old 12-28-2010, 09:39 AM   #12
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Put down the kool-aid.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:40 AM   #13
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
replace hillman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
Well, Studesville had a playsheet in his hands this week. I don't recall him being involved at all with playcalling the previous weeks. We might have decided to stick his nose in it seeing as how terrible it had been.
well thats encouraging....

but i don't know which coach is most responsible for the playcalling...

if it was McCoy, and depending on how well it goes against SD....i wouldnt be too upset with him being HC next year if we can't nab one of the big name proven guys...
Old 12-28-2010, 09:54 AM   #14
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

I think I echo this - if Studesville and McCoy win this weekend, I definitly would be in favor of keeping them around, especially if they can get Wade (like Woody postulated) as a DC.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:54 AM   #15
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

I, too, was very excited about Tebow and the comeback. However, we must understand that the Texans are notorious chokers in the second half. They are not a good team. We'll see what happens with San Diego...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:07 AM   #16
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
I, too, was very excited about Tebow and the comeback. However, we must understand that the Texans are notorious chokers in the second half. They are not a good team. We'll see what happens with San Diego...
I hope we play great and lose on a freak play. I'll be happy if we win, thrilled actually, but the best thing for this franchise long term is to lose the next game in a squeaker and get the second overall pick. Remember that the trickle down effect would mean us having a top three pick in subsequent rounds and even the first pick in maybe round three or four.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:11 AM   #17
chawknz
Perennial Pro-bowler

Hey now!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

I wish this all happened earlier in the season. There are so many questions that need answering. Need 2-3 MORE games to see what we have.
chawknz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:27 AM   #18
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
Actually they are notorious chokers in the first half and then do late game rallies and come up just short or eek out a win.

It was the opposite for them this last Sunday.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:37 AM   #19
schaaf

I don't know about you guys but when we got the ball with about 7 minutes left i just knew that we were scoring on that drive i haven't felt that confidence in a long time
Old 12-28-2010, 10:55 AM   #20
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaaf View Post
I don't know about you guys but when we got the ball with about 7 minutes left i just knew that we were scoring on that drive i haven't felt that confidence in a long time
Same here. It was a good feeling, and I want more of it.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:59 AM   #21
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
replace hillman

Quote:
I think I echo this - if Studesville and McCoy win this weekend, I definitly would be in favor of keeping them around, especially if they can get Wade (like Woody postulated) as a DC.
this...
Old 12-28-2010, 11:02 AM   #22
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Yeesh this place is hilarious. One big win and this board is ready to head into next year with our entire roster and staff. When we lose to the chargers next week, it will be back to the regularly scheduled witch hunts.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:04 AM   #23
JJG
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I hope we play great and lose on a freak play. I'll be happy if we win, thrilled actually, but the best thing for this franchise long term is to lose the next game in a squeaker and get the second overall pick. Remember that the trickle down effect would mean us having a top three pick in subsequent rounds and even the first pick in maybe round three or four.
Im confused...
JJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:05 AM   #24
vercingetorix

Quote:

I really like how he has handled himself in a difficult situation but I would be disappointed if he were to be the head coach. I think representing himself well has opened up other opportunities that, perhaps, did not exist, but head coach is a little extreme.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:20 AM   #25
IHaveALight
the sun is gone

If he can get a win against the Chargers next week, I would think the team would have to consider keeping him on.
IHaveALight is offline   Reply With Quote