The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2010, 10:56 AM   #1
gobroncos313
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Going Forward without #15

From what we've seen on the field and the response from fans and players on the Broncos team if this franchise tries to move forward without Tebow as our QB there will not only be a revolt by fans but by the players as well.

Those of you who want to draft Luck or start Orton next year better realize this sooner than later. Tebow is the future of this franchise.
gobroncos313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2010, 11:01 AM   #2
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

i agree with you 100%
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:04 AM   #3
vercingetorix

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16946856

Look at the poll in the lower right. 80% are agreeing with you.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:20 AM   #4
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

The Cutler trade will make it impossible to do anything but go forward with Tebow. Now I'm of a mind that at worst we broke even on that trade but there are plenty that are still pissed about it. You would be carrying around some massive balls to think you could get away with trading another QB not named Orton in this town right now with the way Tebow has played so far.
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:24 AM   #5
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

I think i'll wait and see what he does against a good defensive team before I annoint him the next great one
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:30 AM   #6
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

I truly believe there are a lot of people inside Dove Valley that would rather move on without Tebow. I think they will try to trade him just before the draft.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:31 AM   #7
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

He's proved that he can play QB in this league, so I'd be shocked if he wasn't the clear starter once camps starts in the off season. Seeing that he has the team and fan base behind him, like it has been mentioned before, it would be pretty stupid not to move forward with him as the guy. He gets next year to show that he can develop into a legit QB. If the new head coach tries to pull that QB competition crap, he'd be pretty stupid.

The start of Tebow's career couldn't have went any better, but he's a long way from being a winning QB. He's earned next year to prove himself.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:32 AM   #8
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
I truly believe there are a lot of people inside Dove Valley that would rather move on without Tebow. I think they will try to trade him just before the draft.
Good luck to these people. I hope the rail they get run out of town on is a comfortable one.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:32 AM   #9
Likwid Kerruj

McDaniels needs to hurry up and get to his new job.

I want those draft picks back.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:44 AM   #10
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I think this last game changed things. Granted, it was one game but the way Tebow lit up the team and fans and made the Broncos relevant again, even eliminated from the playoffs weeks ago, is going to make the bean counters put a hold on anyone trying to trade Tebow. This is an entertainment business and Tebow is what fans, not just Denver fans, want to see. I say throw him out there and give the people what they want while we rebuild

By the time we're rebuilt we'll know definitively one way or the other on Tebow and can move on from there. Even Cowher was impressed with Tebow yesterday.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:51 AM   #11
DivineBronco
Ring of Famer

if you like Cutler you are my enemy

unless vince lombardi rises from the grave and is named our head coach they pat will let tebow succeed or fail on the field. He will be the thing that gets people to spend money to come see this team again to trade him before he disproves himself would cripple what little fan goodwill is left
DivineBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:53 AM   #12
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

As I said before we even drafted him, I'm not positive that he'll be a star, but im not betting against him. The guy has "it," whatever that is.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:58 AM   #13
outdoor_miner
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
After yesterday - I can't imagine the FO having the balls to do that.
outdoor_miner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:58 AM   #14
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Heard Schefter's weekly segment on the pregame yesterday, he had 2 items on the Broncos:

1. They've completed the buyout with Josh and both sides have parted ways amicably

2. The new regime will not be under any mandate from Bowlen with regards to the QB position, it could be Orton, Tebow, or someone else next season.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:58 AM   #15
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Quote:
And you base this on what ?
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:02 PM   #16
Likwid Kerruj

So when does Bowlen say, "Tebow is the guy in Denver?"

Old 12-27-2010, 12:14 PM   #17
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
Heard Schefter's weekly segment on the pregame yesterday, he had 2 items on the Broncos:

1. They've completed the buyout with Josh and both sides have parted ways amicably

2. The new regime will not be under any mandate from Bowlen with regards to the QB position, it could be Orton, Tebow, or someone else next season.
I'd hate to be the coach that comes in and ships Tebow out of town. I think the fallout would be even bigger than Cutler getting traded....
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:16 PM   #18
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
I think i'll wait and see what he does against a good defensive team before I annoint him the next great one
I think you'll have to observe more than that. Here's John Elways' stats:

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...E/ElwaJo00.htm

As you can see from the greatest QB ever...stats aren't the only thing that count. The team has to believe in you. The Denver Broncos believed in John Elway. They played hard for him and it showed. He took 3 teams to the Superbowl that simply didn't belong there. Mainly, because he gave it everything he had on the field...and guys see that...and try to play to his level.

To me...that's what Tebow has. He elevates a team. You can see him energize his teammates. He plays hard and wants to do well on every play. They want to be part of that...and it shows.

We need to give Tebow a full offseason to prepare and then see what he can do in his 1st full year. That's how we can tell if he's our QB of the future. There will be several bad throws...like the int yesterday. But, he won't be outplayed and his teammates will love him for it. That's my opinion.
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:17 PM   #19
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I'd hate to be the coach that comes in and ships Tebow out of town. I think the fallout would be even bigger than Cutler getting traded....

If we ship out another guy who could be a once a decade Qb like Tim could be like we did with Jay the city of Denver should revolt.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:18 PM   #20
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

Quote:
As loved as Tebow is now, McD is hated. All the new regime has to do is infer Tebow was a McD guy and McD failed at everything. I don't think we'll see it, but it wouldn't suprise me. All they have to do is leak that Tebow can't play and McD was an idiot to take him, and our moronic fan base (lets be honest here) will go along with it and support whoever the new QB is because it's not McDs guy.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:19 PM   #21
vercingetorix

Quote:
Yeah, if they think the reaction of the fanbase cant land on them like a ton of bricks, all they need to do is look back two months. Someone who thinks they know better than the fans better be right, otherwise it could get ugly for them in a very short period of time.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:24 PM   #22
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDmvp View Post
If we ship out another guy who could be a once a decade Qb like Tim could be like we did with Jay the city of Denver should revolt.
I'm pretty sure if Elway calls a press conference at Dove Valley stating that he like Tebow, but that new system doesn't fit he strengths and the team has traded him for number of picks, that most will grumble a little but trust Elway enough not to stay home from games.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:28 PM   #23
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDmvp View Post
I will send Mr. Bowlen a polite but firm letter explaining that he will be paying me my $49.99 + Tax times 3 for the jerseys that would become obsolete upon trade.

He will then likely jack up my season tix by that amount. Bastidge.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:29 PM   #24
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
I will send Mr. Bowlen a polite but firm letter explaining that he will be paying me my $49.99 + Tax times 3 for the jerseys that would become obsolete upon trade.

He will then likely jack up my season tix by that amount. Bastidge.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:38 PM   #25
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobroncos313 View Post
From what we've seen on the field and the response from fans and players on the Broncos team if this franchise tries to move forward without Tebow as our QB there will not only be a revolt by fans but by the players as well.

Those of you who want to draft Luck or start Orton next year better realize this sooner than later. Tebow is the future of this franchise.
thanks for the threat! !
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote