The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2010, 02:43 PM   #1
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

out with the old, IN WITH THE NEW

Default Green Bay’s fans voted “most knowledgeable"

This week’s issue of Sports Illustrated includes a poll of players around the league that asked which city they thought had the most knowledgeable fans in the NFL, and Green Bay checked in at No. 1 with 26 percent of the vote.

The results were based on the 277 players who responded to the magazine’s survey, and Green Bay finished well ahead of No. 2 Pittsburgh (14 percent). Rounding out the top five were New York (9 percent), Philadelphia (8 percent) and Dallas (7 percent).

http://blog.packers.com/2010/12/23/g...knowledgeable/

Who here is surprised that Denver is not top 5?

The MVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2010, 02:51 PM   #2
NUB
Just Crafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Dallas?
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:28 PM   #3
srphoenix
77 rushing touchdowns

The next TD

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

can i be voted the most knowledgeable Bronco fan in Green Bay?
srphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:37 PM   #4
Cool Breeze
Ring of Famer

Broncos Rock!

Not much to do up there...
Cool Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:53 PM   #5
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MVPlaya View Post

This week’s issue of Sports Illustrated includes a poll of players around the league that asked which city they thought had the most knowledgeable fans in the NFL, and Green Bay checked in at No. 1 with 26 percent of the vote.

The results were based on the 277 players who responded to the magazine’s survey, and Green Bay finished well ahead of No. 2 Pittsburgh (14 percent). Rounding out the top five were New York (9 percent), Philadelphia (8 percent) and Dallas (7 percent).

http://blog.packers.com/2010/12/23/g...knowledgeable/

Who here is surprised that Denver is not top 5?

Not me. I know you are a Denver fan.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:55 PM   #6
DHallblows
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
not me. I know you are a denver fan.
+1
DHallblows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 04:10 PM   #7
loborugger
lost in the ether

Did we finally get a FB???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUB View Post
Abso-****ing-lutely agree with that. They are the biggest band wagon fans in the NFL. I dont get that one. Oh, and someone needs to tell these geniuses that New York has 2 teams. I assume they mean the Giants (since they picked all old school teams), but NY does have 2 teams.

Last edited by loborugger; 12-23-2010 at 04:12 PM..
loborugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 04:16 PM   #8
enjolras
Ring of Famer

I've been lucky enough to see quite a few games in many different cities. I've never been to Greenbay, but EVERYWHERE else I've been the fans are pretty much exactly the same.

*edit: Denver, Dallas, San Diego, Oakland, Kansas City, San Francisco, New York (Giants), Baltimore, and Jacksonville.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 04:21 PM   #9
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Players don't spend any time really hanging out with the fans how would they know?
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 04:26 PM   #10
goldengopher1976
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

I just moved to Wisconsin a few months ago, and while it's true that the people here LOVE the Packers and the Badgers, I wouldn't say the average fan is more knowledgeable. In fact, I generally know more about the Packers than the folks I run in to.

As testament to how crazy people are about the Packers...

I'm a pastor, and one day after church, at a party/reception following a baptism I did for the family, one of the family members (not a member/attender of our church usually) told me (in all seriousness): "Pastor, you can have your religion the other 6 days of the week, but Sundays are for the Packers."

I punched him in the throat.

nah, not really. he said it, but I didn't punch him.
goldengopher1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 04:45 PM   #11
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

Quote:
should I quote some of your retarded posts that I shredded apart?
Old 12-23-2010, 04:53 PM   #12
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
You're delusional. The only posts you shred apart are your own. If you want to quote nonsense start going through your own stockpile of trash, you'll have plenty of work to keep you busy. Hopefully you have the next couple weeks free.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:54 PM   #13
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
The only thing you shred around here is your dignity.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 04:59 PM   #14
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

Quote:
You're delusional. The only posts you shred apart are your own. If you want to quote nonsense start going through your own stockpile of trash, you'll have plenty of work to keep you busy. Hopefully you have the next couple weeks free.
See, when I insult or attack people, the post is usually filled with proof and reasoning.

Your last couple posts towards me contains nothing but these weak insults that are just that with no actual backing.

Obviously, when you're no longer talking about the topic or any topic at all and just insulting, you've pretty much backed all the way down and done the only thing a beaten man can do.

Squeal.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:01 PM   #15
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Someone from SI must have read the "Dumervil to MLB?" thread.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 05:02 PM   #16
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
The only thing you shred around here is your dignity.
Dignity on the OM... that's funny.

It has the importance of a dog in a 3rd world country.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:18 PM   #17
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
See, when I insult or attack people, the post is usually filled with proof and reasoning.

Your last couple posts towards me contains nothing but these weak insults that are just that with no actual backing.

Obviously, when you're no longer talking about the topic or any topic at all and just insulting, you've pretty much backed all the way down and done the only thing a beaten man can do.

Squeal.
I am not attacking you. Just pointing out the irony of your thread. You basically created this thread to slap the face of more than half the site, the funny thing is you didn't get the memo. You would be included.

What exposes your stupidity is the fact that you can not act rationally when dealing with other posters. If anyone disagrees with you, you go off on a hissy fit crying like a three year old. I don't think your are the dumbest guy on this board, just the most immature and intolerant.

You have said to me many times how I was intolerant and the world would suck if everyone was like me. Irony again as you can't even except someones opinion if it differs from yours.

I will spell this out for you since you seem to not get the main idea in people's posts. I am all for second chances when it comes to people making mistakes. A mistake is a wrong act without the intention to harm someone. I forgive teens who sell drugs because they are just to stupid to understand the total damage they are causing. I will not forgive someone who intentionally murdered innocent animals. Intent is the key word. Bad people do bad things to intentionally harm.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:35 PM   #18
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

Quote:
I am not attacking you. Just pointing out the irony of your thread. You basically created this thread to slap the face of more than half the site, the funny thing is you didn't get the memo. You would be included.
So you have a couple of genius kids that go to a school that is... let's say "dumb"... would those students all of a sudden = dumb?

No dumbass, just because I call the Broncos fans dumb doesn't mean I think every single Broncos fan is dumb. I'm talking about the majority.

Quote:
I will spell this out for you since you seem to not get the main idea in people's posts. I am all for second chances when it comes to people making mistakes. A mistake is a wrong act without the intention to harm someone. I forgive teens who sell drugs because they are just to stupid to understand the total damage they are causing. I will not forgive someone who intentionally murdered innocent animals. Intent is the key word. Bad people do bad things to intentionally harm.
So teens get a pass because they are too stupid, even though they're doing it intentionally which seems to be the key word here.

So since the key word is intent, you think that a mistake can't be made due to intent?
Old 12-23-2010, 06:03 PM   #19
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
So you have a couple of genius kids that go to a school that is... let's say "dumb"... would those students all of a sudden = dumb?

No dumbass, just because I call the Broncos fans dumb doesn't mean I think every single Broncos fan is dumb. I'm talking about the majority.

So teens get a pass because they are too stupid, even though they're doing it intentionally which seems to be the key word here.

So since the key word is intent, you think that a mistake can't be made due to intent?
Learn how to read. Where did I say that you said all Bronco fans are idiots. That's right, I didn't. I said more than half which is the majority. Good reply though.

For the second part, I said a mistake was a mistake if it did not intentionally hurt something. Kids are dumb, they don't understand the repercussions of selling drugs. Sometimes people will sleep with someone and realize later it was a mistake. A mistake has a certain degree of honesty attached to it. A mistake isn't someone getting caught and then saying they made a mistake because they know they are headed to jail. Mike Vick has admitted he would still be dog-fighting if he did not get caught. That doesn't sound like a mistake.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:28 PM   #20
Likwid Kerruj

"Six locales received no votes: Carolina, Cincinnati, Houston, St. Louis, San Diego and Tampa Bay...."

Old 12-23-2010, 06:41 PM   #21
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

Quote:
Learn how to read. Where did I say that you said all Bronco fans are idiots. That's right, I didn't. I said more than half which is the majority. Good reply though.
Wow.

It was an example. Your idea is that I am included since I am a Denver fan. You point was that, since I am "slapping the face" of more than half the members of this site, which would have to mean, Broncos fan, it is irony. My point is, not all Broncos fans are idiots, just majority.

I think you're a bit confused. When you say more than half of this site... are you referring that more than half are fans or more than half are idiots?

Quote:
For the second part, I said a mistake was a mistake if it did not intentionally hurt something. Kids are dumb, they don't understand the repercussions of selling drugs. Sometimes people will sleep with someone and realize later it was a mistake. A mistake has a certain degree of honesty attached to it. A mistake isn't someone getting caught and then saying they made a mistake because they know they are headed to jail. Mike Vick has admitted he would still be dog-fighting if he did not get caught. That doesn't sound like a mistake.
You live in NY and you're saying kids do not know they can go to jail for selling drugs? Or are you saying the repercussions of society?

Anyways, Vick admitted he would be dog fighting if he was not caught... we isn't that pretty ****ing obvious? I mean there has to be a catalyst to stop someone from ****ing up their life correct?

Can't you use this simple logic on anyone who makes ANY mistake? A speeding driver will probably always speed unless he gets caught a bunch of times. A drunk driver will probably, 100%, not be as afraid to do it unless tehy can't get caught.

He knows it's wrong NOW... so why does it matter?

I honestly can't believe you actually said those last 2 lines...
Old 12-23-2010, 06:43 PM   #22
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Dignity on the OM... that's funny.

It has the importance of a dog in a 3rd world country.
You shred loyal PAYING fans of the Broncos. You've turned into a scumbag. I would rather read jhns at this point.

Seriously, I know SO many people who go to these games and cheer their lungs out and struggle to afford it. Your posts tearing apart my adopted city make me (and MANY others according to my rep) sick.

Last edited by Dagmar; 12-23-2010 at 06:58 PM..
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 06:55 PM   #23
Lev Vyvanse
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmar View Post
you shred loyal fans of the broncos. You've turned into a scumbag. I would rather read jhns at this point.
+1
Lev Vyvanse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 07:10 PM   #24
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

This is simple and of course you have missed the point. I am not talking about going to jail. When kids sells drugs people become addicted, some overdose, some become thieves, the jail part I was not referring to. Kids sell drugs for money and status and really don't understand the horrible consequences of their actions behind the scenes. Many of these same kids would not commit these acts if they had the knew a girl was going to overdose, or their friend was going to become addicted for life. Therefore their intent was thinking maybe they could get in trouble, but they never thought someone could die. Mike Vick killed animals with his bare hands. Did they slip out of his hands? Or did he intentionally kill them?

Your problem is you are to caught up in the result of the action. Intrinsically, people have to have a gauge as to what is correct and appropriate. He knew what he was doing. He wasn't saying it was a mistake because he felt bad about his actions, he said it because he got caught. Did he feel remorse for his actions? No Did he miss all the money he paid back? Yes The mistake has to do with the action not the consequence. You have to separate the two different responses. On the one hand in his mind he did make a mistake, unfortunately it was for reasons other than his actual behavior.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:15 PM   #25
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Very well played back at the biggest douche around and that is tough to say when we put up with go_broncos horrible posts the last 18 months. A month ago, no one thought much of MVPlaya good or bad. Now, he just comes out as a complete ass. I wonder when I was 20 years old, did I cry like this?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote