The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2010, 07:23 AM   #1
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default Good article: Bucky Brooks on Tebow

Finally a fairly well balanced article about Tebow's debut:
As I broke down Tebow's effort in the 39-23 loss at Oakland, he scored high marks in all of those major categories. He led the Broncos to five scores (two touchdowns and three field goals) and didn't have any major miscues. Even though he was sacked twice, he didn't turn the ball over despite facing a myriad of blitzes from the Raiders. He kept his composure and appeared to gain confidence with each snap. His inexperience obviously limited the Broncos' ability to counter the blitz-heavy tactics, yet he performed well enough to keep his team in a position to win the game under normal circumstances.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...in-first-start

It's a fairly well balanced article - pointing out areas that Tebow has to improve. It's also important to put the emphasis on pressure on Tebow to just win. That might have to be next season due to the black hole of suckage that is the defense right now, but it's important that Tebow be measured just like every other quarterback in the NFL - by wins.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2010, 09:33 AM   #2
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

I still dont get this average arm strength thing.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:41 AM   #3
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Good read and really refreshing, thanks.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:57 AM   #4
Al Wilson 4 Mayor
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I still dont get this average arm strength thing.
No kidding. His arm is looks stronger than Kyle's at least. That 20 yard out patter to the other side of the field looked like anything but "average" arm strength to me.
Al Wilson 4 Mayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:58 AM   #5
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Yeah, I think Tebow's arm is extremely strong. Anyone that watched the preseason would understand that.

I think it's more to do with the fact that Tebow was known for being a "Football Player" and not for any one characteristic...let alone being a "Passer" with a stong arm.

I think he does try to loft balls at times...that has more to do with touch than anything else. But, when he wants to deliver it on a line...I think he has a gun.

Perhaps even up there with JayC.
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:58 AM   #6
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

There was a fan that called into a local radio station last week talking about Tebow's supposed lack of arm strength. I had to laugh. Tebow has greater arm strength than Orton or Quinn. In fact his arm strength is probably as good as 75% of the starters in the NFL. Now if you want to talk about his touch, especially on intermediate routes, I will agree with you all day long. But arm strength is a non issue.

I just hope that we find a coach that is willing to use his strength in the future. He will be a very good QB if we find a coach that is willing to roll him to his right. We will need a TE or a healthy DT, but we need the bootleg back in the Denver offense.

Hello Kubiak! Kubes struggles are an issue. But his offenses score points. Get Kubiak and a strong DC, focus on personnel for the defense and watch this team turn it around in short order.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:03 AM   #7
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

The arm strength issue really has nothing to do with his arm strength, it has to do with his technique. He has been strong enough to get away with just using his upper body to pass, which means that sometimes balls don't come out as quickly as they should. Witness the pass in the end zone a few weeks ago. Tebow was airborne when he threw that pass. He has the body to enable the jump passes, and doesn't have great technique.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:14 AM   #8
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostknight View Post
The arm strength issue really has nothing to do with his arm strength, it has to do with his technique. He has been strong enough to get away with just using his upper body to pass, which means that sometimes balls don't come out as quickly as they should. Witness the pass in the end zone a few weeks ago. Tebow was airborne when he threw that pass. He has the body to enable the jump passes, and doesn't have great technique.
He has a strong enough arm (the deep out to Lloyd proved that). Tebow's problems will always stem from his footwork. If his footwork and mechanics are improved, his accuracy (which is his biggest flaw) will increase.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:18 AM   #9
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

His footwork has already improved. I noticed some timing issues with his handoffs, but that is probably a product of timing as well and not being accustomed to taking snaps from under center. He will get there, but he is probably most comfortable out of the shotgun.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:26 AM   #10
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Witness the pass in the end zone a few weeks ago. Tebow was airborne when he threw that pass.
Just how many weeks do you think Tebow has been playing?
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:35 AM   #11
vercingetorix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
Yeah, I think Tebow's arm is extremely strong. Anyone that watched the preseason would understand that.
I think it's more to do with the fact that Tebow was known for being a "Football Player" and not for any one characteristic...let alone being a "Passer" with a stong arm.

I think he does try to loft balls at times...that has more to do with touch than anything else. But, when he wants to deliver it on a line...I think he has a gun.

Perhaps even up there with JayC.
You might want to hit mute when watching this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpS50GBFDpg

He made a lot of great throws against Pittsburgh and Minnesota that showed excellent velocity.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:56 AM   #12
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
I wouldnt judge that goal line pass as anything. Check out his out to lloyd and the Lance Ball drop.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:56 AM   #13
bronclvr
Ring of Famer

She is faster than you! 8.39 @ 156

Quote:
Originally Posted by vercingetorix View Post
You might want to hit mute when watching this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpS50GBFDpg

He made a lot of great throws against Pittsburgh and Minnesota that showed excellent velocity.

Watching those (again) enthuses me about Tebow (as if I needed more)-does anyone know how many INT's he's thrown so far?
bronclvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:13 AM   #14
zdoor
Jamaica Bound!

I think his arm is more than adequate and I love the way he plays. I Would really like him to pan out because I would love to watch the guy for the next 10+ years...
zdoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:16 AM   #15
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronclvr View Post
Watching those (again) enthuses me about Tebow (as if I needed more)-does anyone know how many INT's he's thrown so far?
In regular season? Zero.