|12-07-2010, 08:17 PM||#1|
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Abu Dhabi
Sporting News Mock Draft, 12/08/2010
Looks like we'll be taking a wide receiver with our top 10 pick....
Projecting first-round picks in the 2011 NFL draft (* -- underclassman)
1. Carolina PanthersóAndrew Luck*, QB, Stanford
2. Detroit LionsóAnthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College
3. Cincinnati BengalsóDa'Quan Bowers*, DE, Clemson
4. Buffalo BillsóVon Miller, OLB, Texas A&M
5. Arizona CardinalsóJake Locker, QB, Washington
6. Denver BroncosóA.J. Green*, WR, Georgia
7. San Francisco 49ersóCameron Jordan, DE, Cal
8. Dallas CowboysóNick Fairley*, DT, Auburn
9. Tennessee TitansóJonathan Baldwin*, WR, Pitt
10. Washington RedskinsóAdrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa
11. Houston TexansóPatrick Peterson*, CB, LSU
12. Minnesota VikingsóRyan Mallett*, QB, Arkansas
13. Cleveland BrownsóRobert Quinn*, OLB, North Carolina
14. San Diego ChargersóRyan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue
15. New England Patriots (from Oakland Raiders)óRyan Williams*, RB, Virginia Tech
16. Seattle SeahawksóBruce Carter, OLB, North Carolina
17. Indianapolis ColtsóNate Solder, OT, Colorado
18. Miami DolphinsóStefen Wisniewski, C, Penn State
19. Tampa Bay BuccaneersóDerek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi State
20. Green Bay PackersóDeMarco Murray, RB, Oklahoma
21. St. Louis RamsóJimmy Smith, CB, Colorado
22. Jacksonville JaguarsóMichael Floyd*, WR, Notre Dame
23. Kansas City ChiefsóPrince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
24. New York GiantsóStephen Paea, DT, Oregon State
25. Baltimore RavensóDeMarcus Love, OT, Arkansas
26. Philadelphia EaglesóOrlando Franklin, OT, Miami (Fla.)
27. New Orleans SaintsóDrake Nevis, DT, LSU
28. Chicago BearsóJerrel Jernigan, WR, Troy
29. New York JetsóJarvis Jenkins, DT, Clemson
30. Pittsburgh SteelersóJulio Jones*, WR, Alabama
31. Atlanta FalconsóRas-I Dowling, CB, Virginia
32. New England PatriotsóJeremy Beal, DE, Oklahoma
|12-08-2010, 12:47 PM||#3|
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
The SN mock is always my favorite. I really think they just put a few typewriters in a room full of monkeys and wait a few days.
|12-08-2010, 05:11 PM||#4|
A WR? Really? Its like they needed to put AJ Green somewhere and since whoever did this is a fan of some other team, they gave little thought to the fact that Denver is actually strong at WR and weak almost anywhere else. What a joke.
|12-09-2010, 09:28 AM||#6|
Ring of Famer
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Diago
Wow, just terrible. It's like they just got a list of guys and randomly threw them down after Luck (who isn't coming out).
|12-09-2010, 09:34 AM||#7|
President of the Universe
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Highlands Ranch
Why would we draft our biggest strength with our highest pick we've had since... ****, before Shanahan probably.
|12-10-2010, 10:23 AM||#9|
|^|Punter of Gnomes|^|
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Long Beach
Hate it... F. Last thing we need is another WR Nick Fairley in the 1st and Cameron "Ironhead" Heyward in the 2nd
There's a lot of hype surrounding A.J. Green and the Bengals seem to go in that direction often. A.J. should be gone by pick 5.
|12-27-2010, 02:18 AM||#12|
Ring of Famer
Join Date: Apr 2006
With one game to go -- Denver is in a three way tie for the second spot. So, we are no worse than pick #4.
The chances of picking up Peterson are excellent.