The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2010, 02:35 AM   #1
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default Should Tebow save Josh?

Looking at it from all angles, it's aparant that McDaniel's best route to saving his job is to throw caution to the wind and start Tebow from this point forward. If he bombs, McD gets to at least say it was expected but he's preparing him now for next year, which is what he had to do since we're out of contention anyway. If he does well and pulls out a win or two, it makes up for a lot of othe draft miscues and re-energizes the fans around this insanely popular guy who some think is the answer we've looked for sinice Elway left.

Here's the question; Since most people now seem to want McD to go no matter what, how would you feel if Tebow started and won, let's say 2 of 3 starts and looked very impressive...enough to give McD a shot in the arm with Bowlen, and Pat winds up keeping him based on the promise Tebow is showing at the end of the season.

Would you want Tebow to come in and play so well that McD's job is saved?
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2010, 02:42 AM   #2
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

There's nobody in the NFL who runs an offense that plays into the strengths of Tim Tebow more than the one McDaniels uses.

That's the reason I still want McDaniels in charge next season, regardless of how this season plays out. I think Tebow could be quite special in this offense, would be a real disappointment if we never got to see it.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:02 AM   #3
Rother8
Seasoned Veteran

Mhmugggggeeeee

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Ya, that's a very valid point you got there. If that happens, Josh has GOT to stay for at least another year. You don't mess around with potential franchise quarterbacks, especially ones who could be as fragile as Tebow could be IF he doesn't get in a system built for him.

McDaniels saw something in Timmy, let him at least try it out.

Keep in mind this is a team minus 2 pro bowl offensive players and a defensive one as well. Regardless of how or why Brandon and Gay aren't here right now- from a black and white standpoint it's safe to say it's in rebuilding mode right now.
Rother8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:12 AM   #4
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSchism View Post
There's nobody in the NFL who runs an offense that plays into the strengths of Tim Tebow more than the one McDaniels uses.

That's the reason I still want McDaniels in charge next season, regardless of how this season plays out. I think Tebow could be quite special in this offense, would be a real disappointment if we never got to see it.
I tend to agree...the only coaching change I could see that would maintain that continuity with him is if Urban Meyer came in here. Meyer's system heavily influenced the Pats and Denver's offense under McD.

The question becomes, is Tebow's opportunity for success under McD worth keeping him another year...or more? Keep in mind the lockout...if McD stays he's probably coaching Tebow in 2012. I'm interested to see how many think the trade off is worth the price if we go on the assumption that McDaniels continues to struggle.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:15 AM   #5
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

I just want whats best for the team. If McD has Tebow where he shows he has extreme promise, it's best to keep him. AS LONG AS extreme emphasis is put on building up the defense.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:45 AM   #6
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

you don't want to fire Josh because of Tebow..That's what Josh wanted..
He chose project type QB so that Bowlen will think twice before firing him.
He will never start Tebow this season.
If Tebow starts and fails, then there is no reason for Mcd to stay here..
Very clever move on Mcd's part.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:47 AM   #7
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

It's gonna take a lot more than the Teboz to right the ship.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:10 AM   #8
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
He chose project type QB so that Bowlen will think twice before firing him.
The funniest part is that you might actually believe this nonsense.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:12 AM   #9
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
The funniest part is that you might actually believe this nonsense.
Well.I am right about Mcd from the beginning..you better believe this..
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:19 AM   #10
Jesterhole
Ring of Famer

Ridin' the McFailboat...

Tebow is the only thing that saves his job at this point. It makes a lot of sense for Josh to play him the rest of the way...probably why he won't do it.
Jesterhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:21 AM   #11
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
Well.I am right about Mcd from the beginning..you better believe this..
Dude...there's a fine line between passionate and crazy, and you're flirtin' with it.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:24 AM   #12
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterhole View Post
It makes a lot of sense for Josh to play him the rest of the way...
Except for the very likely possibility that he isn't ready. I'm betting McDaniels has a little bit more insight on this matter than you and I. You have to remember that Tebow was, and is, a project. He was drafted based on potential. He wasn't remotely NFL ready when drafted.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:29 AM   #13
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

He's not ready. It'll take a year or two until he's ready to get on the field.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:36 AM   #14
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
unfortunately whether that s true or not, it's not the question
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:39 AM   #15
Sir_Robin
Veteran Armor Soiler

Bravely taking to his feet...

So let's say, for arguments sake, that it is obvious that Tebow was only doing well because he was clearly executing plays as they were drawn. To me that would indicate that Tebow is smart enough to learn a new, complicated system and execute it within a year. If so, then why would he have problems with a new coach or system?

On the other hand, let's say Tebow only does well is when the play blows up and he scrambles to make something happen. What reason would there then be to keep McDaniels?

Lastly, if Tebow looks like nothing but a confused rookie then, again, what point is there in keeping McDaniels?

I guess for me I can see no clear reason why mcd would have to be kept around just for Tebow's sake. Tebow either has the "it' factor fans yearn for or he doesn't. I have yet to hear someone talk about one of the greats at QB and then go on to discuss how it was only because of the head coach he had.
Sir_Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:53 AM   #16
DrFate
Lord of Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
You have to remember that Tebow was, and is, a project. He was drafted based on potential. He wasn't remotely NFL ready when drafted.
So was Josh Freeman - that's working out pretty well...
DrFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:13 AM   #17
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Tebow saves ? wtf WWTTD ? Just what has tebow done in the NFL to inspire this kind of Insanity ? Hell Tim Tebow could end up Bein another Kyle Boller for crying out loud
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:14 AM   #18
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

.......as much as tebonites

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterhole View Post
Tebow is the only thing that saves his job at this point. It makes a lot of sense for Josh to play him the rest of the way...probably why he won't do it.
Maybe Tebow is the one who would get Josh fired if he puts him in. He might prove that you can't judge a book by its' cover. Maybe he really sucks bad enough that Josh can't afford to show that aside from jesrey sales, TimBow is hot air!
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:14 AM   #19
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFate View Post
So was Josh Freeman - that's working out pretty well...
Freeman was/is a much better passer than Teboz.

Plus, Freeman already knew how to throw!
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:43 AM   #20
Homer Simpson
╭∩╮⎝⋋⏝⋌⎠╭∩╮

...speak up, I'm wearing a toga

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Fone Bone

If Tebow save's Josh's job it means we are winning, so yes please!
Homer Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:43 AM   #21
mkporter
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
Here's the question; Since most people now seem to want McD to go no matter what, how would you feel if Tebow started and won, let's say 2 of 3 starts and looked very impressive...enough to give McD a shot in the arm with Bowlen, and Pat winds up keeping him based on the promise Tebow is showing at the end of the season.
Would you want Tebow to come in and play so well that McD's job is saved?
It's sad that you have to ask if people want our own players to play well.
mkporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:45 AM   #22
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

What makes you think Tebow could save anybody's job?
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:49 AM   #23
colonelbeef
Lets be friend

Elway is the new Jerry West

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

You are asking two separate questions.

1. Do you think that Josh McDaniels' job should be saved- absolutely not. He has proven himself far too immature for the position- not to mention the simple fact that his schemes and playcalling are horrendous.

2. Do you think/hope Tebow is successful? Of course. An extremely valuable pick was spent on him, resources have been used on his behalf. The Broncos need the Tebow pick to work out at this point.
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:56 AM   #24
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
I disagree. He works harder than other rookies. In fact he works harder than most veterans. His football IQ is pretty high. Most of all, his confidence indestructible, so this idea that if we start him too soon his ego will be permanently wounded and thus permanently stymie his development is total nonsense. Not to mention the extremely long list of good QB's who played from the time they were drafted.

No, I agree with this. It's time to start Tebow. Not just because the season is lost, but because Orton does some things that directly hurt this team. Mainly a lack of clutch play, taking too many sacks and a complete lack of mobility. The last part has been a problem all year behind a line that has been flux and is only now starting to settle down.

And let's be real. Orton is the kind of QB that needs a lot of star pieces around him to thrive. That is not this team. I think we're seeing him as good as he'll be. I think Tebow can do for us what Vick did for the Eagles. There is nothing to lose but draft position. So come on!
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:09 AM   #25
DrFate
Lord of Order

Quote:
He's not ready.
I really want to know what this means. I try not to disagree with Garcia much (Hokieness notwithstanding). But Freeman, McCoy, Stafford, Ryan, Sanchez, Bradford - all have had pretty good success. Some were considered 'projects', some were considered day-one ready.

People on this board are acting like Tebow is going to be sent onto the field to fend for himself - no game plan, no coach's playcalling (of course after yesterday, maybe no play-calling is a GOOD thing). At some point you have to see what you have.

Give him the ball. Give him a run-first gameplan with 15-20 passes. (isn't the bulk of this amazing 'scheme' throwing screens anyway?) Arizona is #30 against the run (yards per game). Moreno and the run game did real well yesterday. You don't have to be an offensive genius to put together this gameplan...

Do people really feel that Tebow can't hand the ball off and throw some screen passes?
DrFate is offline   Reply With Quote