The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2010, 09:35 PM   #1
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Default Props to Knowshon...

In 4 games since the bye week...

-4.8 ypc
-4.7 ypc
-4.7 ypc
-7.0 ypc

(569 total offensive yards)

-381 yards rushing
-188 yards receiving
-3 TDs

On a downer of a day for Broncos fans, it's worth giving the kid a mention.
Hopefully we'll continue to see more of this, and stick with it when it's working.

Question is, what happened during the bye week? Was that the week they moved Beadles over? The running lanes have looked significantly better since then. Maybe it was a product of guys getting healthier, too.
Either way, there's some encouraging signs coming from our offensive line as of late. After what we saw late last season and early this season, those are welcome signs.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2010, 09:38 PM   #2
Broncosfreak_56
Concrete Cyanide

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Agreed. Knowshon was a boss. I wish McD would have kept going to him in the red zone and late in the game. He gets 30 carries and I believe we win.

Last edited by Broncosfreak_56; 12-05-2010 at 09:41 PM..
Broncosfreak_56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:39 PM   #3
KevinJames
DT

I said it last year kids going to be a top 5 back in the league and I still believe he will be.

He runs hard you could see it last year and your starting to see it more this year.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:40 PM   #4
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Agreed. He's been running well. Still need to work on the offensive line, but as of late he's looked like a first round draft pick.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:40 PM   #5
enjolras
Ring of Famer

You have to mention the blocking of Beadles (and the offensive line in general) as well.

Hopefully we'll get Clady back to full strength next season.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:42 PM   #6
zdoor
Jamaica Bound!

Knowshon played well and the line is showing improvement... Props to him...
zdoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:43 PM   #7
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
You have to mention the blocking of Beadles (and the offensive line in general) as well.

Hopefully we'll get Clady back to full strength next season.
Yea, he's not himself... still.

What a boost that's going to be.

We get two huge boosts in Doom and Clady without having to make a single move next season. That will be nice.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:43 PM   #8
ro_50
Ring of Famer

I think people out there believe he was a speed back coming out of college and he's not; he's a shifty running back that's quick and shifty.

He's been a bright spot and he's fully healthy now and the run game has gotten going.

He's the best player on offense and they need to get him the ball at least 20 times (running or receiving) every game to have a chance.
ro_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:48 PM   #9
mr007
I'm not your buddy, guy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

With the way he's running it seems like he is just finally healthy. The line definitely is doing better - but I really don't think he has been anywhere near 100% until recently.
mr007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:31 PM   #10
Bronco Yoda

Just had to start your own moreno thread huh Popps. Couldn't help yourself?
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:34 PM   #11
yerner
Ring of Famer

reminds me a little of brian westbrooke
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:34 PM   #12
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
Just had to start your own moreno thread huh Popps. Couldn't help yourself?
A bad omen for Moreno
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:37 PM   #13
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Well, Moreno has been playing lights out recently and I just hope some haters dont bump this when he has a bad game. Popps, this was for this stretch only correct? Want to make sure a couple of the old anti crowd (compared to the new ones) dont go bumping this for the wrong reasons.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:48 PM   #14
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Knowgain mobusto can only run well when he has blockers. Bust.

Last edited by OABB; 12-05-2010 at 10:51 PM..
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:53 PM   #15
colonelbeef
Lets be friend

Elway is the new Jerry West

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Yay, he had a good game against a team 100% committed to stopping the pass first.

Yeah he had a good game, but when he goes for 45 yards on 2.6 per carry next week don't be surprised.

The schemes are terrible, and this has been borne out time and time again- I'm not even putting it on Moreno's shoulders whatsoever, although he absolutely lacks the burst to break anything beyond 10 yards with regularity.

Terrible offense, terrible coaching.
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:54 PM   #16
Zoobie
Love Machine

The John Fox trot

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelbeef View Post
Yay, he had a good game against a team 100% committed to stopping the pass first.

Yeah he had a good game, but when he goes for 45 yards on 2.6 per carry next week don't be surprised.

The schemes are terrible, and this has been borne out time and time again- I'm not even putting it on Moreno's shoulders whatsoever, although he absolutely lacks the burst to break anything beyond 10 yards with regularity.

Have you ever watched an NFL game?
Zoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:56 PM   #17
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelbeef View Post

What was it you just said about people never admittig that they were wrong again?
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:01 PM   #18
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Knowshon is a player ... and loves the game. Glad to have him and look forward to the coming years with a more together Oline and game plans that fully use his energy and desire.

Got to watch last half of the game here in Amsterdam , have missed most of the last three games since returning here for a bit and been out of the loop some.

Terrible timing for Orton to forget to get out of bed. Should have swept KC for a modicum of bragging rights this year. I really like Kyle as a person and he's a decent QB overall for sure. But I am questioning his ability to pull games out of the fire.

Just seems more often than not in tight games he tightens up and like today when he gets pressure early and gets sacked a few times or knocked down in the first half he tends to rush things and rarely has that worked out well for us.

On a day the Defense showed up big time .. particularly considering KC had the ball over 37 minutes!! The D came to play in a very hostile environment and played more than well enough to win this game.

This lost is mostly on Kyle unfortunately ... certainly didnt help out his coach any.

By the same token, I think Josh made the mistake of throwing too often to Lloyd when it was clear the Chiefs had sold out to stop him. More dedication to the run game which was going like gang busters as well as more screens and out in the flat passes to Knowshon, and targeting Royal & Decker more might have made the one difference we needed to pull it out.

At least we didnt get embarassed there as many predicted. But it sucks we didnt pull out the win when we had it on a silver platter.

Events seem to be snowballing for Josh .. dont know if he is going to survive till next year?

Last edited by Hulamau; 12-05-2010 at 11:05 PM..
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:17 PM   #19
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

I didn't watch or record the game, so...I guess moral victories are our new identity. Its OK though, a loss helps in the long run...don't want to rag to hard on popps, he's dong everything in his power to keep a sunny disposition with this team...I can tell its getting harder and harder for him by the day though.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:19 PM   #20
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
I didn't watch or record the game, so...I guess moral victories are our new identity. Its OK though, a loss helps in the long run...don't want to rag to hard on popps, he's dong everything in his power to keep a sunny disposition with this team...I can tell its getting harder and harder for him by the day though.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:20 PM   #21
Homer Simpson
╭∩╮⎝⋋⏝⋌⎠╭∩╮

...speak up, I'm wearing a toga

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Fone Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
So you are berating a fan. You, who couldn't be ****ed to watch his own team are criticizing someone for being positive? What a pathetic and joyless bastard. You have the pleasure of joining baja on my ignore list.
Homer Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:23 PM   #22
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

I've just had it.
It needs to be done...

Homer Simpson
This message is hidden because Homer Simpson is on your ignore list.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:27 PM   #23
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer Simpson View Post
So you are berating a fan. You, who couldn't be ****ed to watch his own team are criticizing someone for being positive? What a pathetic and joyless bastard. You have the pleasure of joining baja on my ignore list.

Old 12-05-2010, 11:28 PM   #24
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
I've just had it.
It needs to be done...

Homer Simpson
This message is hidden because Homer Simpson is on your ignore list.
Eh, I put nobody on my ignore list. Ignore is for pussies.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:42 PM   #25
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer Simpson View Post
Whats funny is I wasn't trying to berate the guy. I actually kind of admire his neverending steadfast sunny disposition of this team. It has to be one of the most difficult things to do.

But its tragic because its like the battered wives syndrome. When hubby comes home drunk and goes straight to bed, she thinks the marriage is making progress because he didn't beat her that night.

But of course you can't read this because I'm on your p***Y list. So **** off you ****ing worthless piece of **** co******ing mother****er.