The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2010, 02:27 PM   #1
lostknight
In The Arena
 
lostknight's Avatar
 
ohwaitwtf

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,336

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default Denver eliminated from the playoffs

Just looked at the numbers. KC now has nine wins in the division - which we can't match. Not only that, with New England at nine wins, and the Steelers with 8, the wild-card isn't possible either.

So game over - the earliest time this has happened since the short strike season.

I really honestly thought we were going 10-6 this year. I never could have imagined being eliminated in the first week of December. My father said it best watching the game today - it's a shame to see this team do so poorly.

It's time to start working next season. We need to figure out what the youth on this team can do.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2010, 02:32 PM   #2
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,800
Default

I find it interesting that no one has mentioned pass-rush.

KC had one today, and we didn't. If we did, I wonder how this game could have gone differently. This is at least the 4th game this year
I think Doomervil could have made a big impact on.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:33 PM   #3
lostknight
In The Arena
 
lostknight's Avatar
 
ohwaitwtf

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,336

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
I find it interesting that
Did you forget what was interesting?
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:34 PM   #4
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,647
Default

Did you mean conference wins?

And I thought KC was 8-4?

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:39 PM   #5
mr007
I'm not your buddy, guy
 
mr007's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,096

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
I find it interesting that no one has mentioned pass-rush.

KC had one today, and we didn't. If we did, I wonder how this game could have gone differently. This is at least the 4th game this year
I think Doomervil could have made a big impact on.
You know the score was 10-6, right? D wasn't the problem.
mr007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:41 PM   #6
lostknight
In The Arena
 
lostknight's Avatar
 
ohwaitwtf

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,336

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
I find it interesting that no one has mentioned pass-rush.

KC had one today, and we didn't. If we did, I wonder how this game could have gone differently. This is at least the 4th game this year
I think Doomervil could have made a big impact on.
D played as well as they possibly could off. This loss had nothing to do with them.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:43 PM   #7
go_broncos
Ring of Famer
 
49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 5,759

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr007 View Post
You know the score was 10-6, right? D wasn't the problem.
He keeps saying that we missed Doom whenever we lose.
Next year if Josh is our coach and we lose he will say "It takes time for Tebow to learn Mcd's complex system".
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:45 PM   #8
Champagne Powder
Seasoned Veteran
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 313

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
I think Doomervil could have made a big impact on.
One man doesn't make a pass rush.

Why couldn't Denver acquire Kamerion Wimbley from Cleveland instead of using Hillis to acquire some worthless ass grabber holding a clipboard?
Champagne Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:46 PM   #9
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
He keeps saying that we missed Doom whenever we lose.
Next year if Josh is our coach and we lose he will say "It takes time for Tebow to learn Mcd's complex system".

...if you think lacking our best passrusher is not a problem then I dont know what to tell you.


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:46 PM   #10
thecool
Solid Starter
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 126

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
He keeps saying that we missed Doom whenever we lose.
Next year if Josh is our coach and we lose he will say "It takes time for Tebow to learn Mcd's complex system".
And if next year we're a winning team, you won't be around.

Oh how great it'll be.
thecool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:48 PM   #11
snowspot66
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,800
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Powder View Post
One man doesn't make a pass rush.

Why couldn't Denver acquire Kamerion Wimbley from Cleveland instead of using Hillis to acquire some worthless ass grabber holding a clipboard?
That's incorrect. Dumerville is a one man pass rush in the 3-4. When he doesn't do it himself he makes it so others can. Losing him killed our defense. With him it would probably be an average defense. He's that important because we have nobody who can even dream of filling in for him.
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:50 PM   #12
go_broncos
Ring of Famer
 
49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 5,759

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecool View Post
And if next year we're a winning team, you won't be around.

Oh how great it'll be.
We won't win as long as Mcd is our coach..
Posters like you who are Mcd lover will go..
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:52 PM   #13
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
We won't win as long as Mcd is our coach..
Posters like you who are Mcd lover will go..

You know records have a B side. Even broken ones.


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:54 PM   #14
go_broncos
Ring of Famer
 
49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 5,759

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
...if you think lacking our best passrusher is not a problem then I dont know what to tell you.


Well..you need to realize that the josh play calling and his scheme sucks..
With the current coaches we are having, it won't matter even if we have doom.

Couple of things.
1) Doom was playing well under Nolan's scheme.
How do you know how the current Defensive coordinator uses him?

2) He didn't play well after the bye week last year..Most of his sacks came before the bye week..
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:56 PM   #15
go_broncos
Ring of Famer
 
49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 5,759

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

It's amazing that some fans still think Mcd will become a great coach..
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:59 PM   #16
HILife
Ring of Famer
 
HILife's Avatar
 
Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: DC - NOVA - DMV - VA - Take your pick
Posts: 4,505
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostknight View Post
Just looked at the numbers. KC now has nine wins in the division - which we can't match. Not only that, with New England at nine wins, and the Steelers with 8, the wild-card isn't possible either.

So game over - the earliest time this has happened since the short strike season.

I really honestly thought we were going 10-6 this year. I never could have imagined being eliminated in the first week of December. My father said it best watching the game today - it's a shame to see this team do so poorly.

It's time to start working next season. We need to figure out what the youth on this team can do.
Did you really think this team had a hope of making the playoffs? I know i didn't. I gave up on this team making the playoffs during the bye.
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:01 PM   #17
HILife
Ring of Famer
 
HILife's Avatar
 
Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: DC - NOVA - DMV - VA - Take your pick
Posts: 4,505
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
Well..you need to realize that the josh play calling and his scheme sucks..
With the current coaches we are having, it won't matter even if we have doom.

Couple of things.
1) Doom was playing well under Nolan's scheme.
How do you know how the current Defensive coordinator uses him?

2) He didn't play well after the bye week last year..Most of his sacks came before the bye week..
1) How do YOU know how the current Defensive coordinator uses him?

2) That was then and this is now.
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:03 PM   #18
HILife
Ring of Famer
 
HILife's Avatar
 
Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: DC - NOVA - DMV - VA - Take your pick
Posts: 4,505
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Powder View Post
One man doesn't make a pass rush.

Why couldn't Denver acquire Kamerion Wimbley from Cleveland instead of using Hillis to acquire some worthless ass grabber holding a clipboard?
Crotch grabber. He grabs men's crotch. Get it right.
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:03 PM   #19
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
Well..you need to realize that the josh play calling and his scheme sucks..
With the current coaches we are having, it won't matter even if we have doom.

Couple of things.
1) Doom was playing well under Nolan's scheme.
How do you know how the current Defensive coordinator uses him?

2) He didn't play well after the bye week last year..Most of his sacks came before the bye week..

OK. What does McDaniels offensive scheme have to do with Denver losing their best pass rusher? You mean to tell me if we had doom against the NYJ or against St Louis or against SD we have the same results? Can you look at the Broncos objectively at all?

1. Considering Doom is a linebacker...and Martindale was linebackers coach...I am fairly certain he would have been used correctly.

2. So let me understand you. Doom had 17 sacks in 2009. 10 the first 6 games, 7 the last 10 but he somehow would not make an impact this year even though Doom has played consistently well regardless of who the DC is?

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:06 PM   #20
OABB
sarcasm font
 
OABB's Avatar
 
always on.

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 7,357

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno
Default

This thread needs the orton Jack gif.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:06 PM   #21
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 35,433

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
I find it interesting that no one has mentioned pass-rush.

KC had one today, and we didn't. If we did, I wonder how this game could have gone differently. This is at least the 4th game this year
I think Doomervil could have made a big impact on.
And I still think that even if mCd had doom he still would have scrapped KM for the CiDtL option and we loose anyway.

mCd just proved that you can find way's to loose even when your talent is having a career day.
broncosteven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:07 PM   #22
ro_50
Ring of Famer
 
ro_50's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Somewhere in Jersey
Posts: 3,786
Default

Now five seasons and counting without any playoff appearances.

One playoff victory since the last Super Bowl victory.

This is a franchise that has fallen on hard times.
ro_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:08 PM   #23
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,800
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Powder View Post
One man doesn't make a pass rush.

Why couldn't Denver acquire Kamerion Wimbley from Cleveland instead of using Hillis to acquire some worthless ass grabber holding a clipboard?


I knew the pass-rush related to Hillis, somehow.

That's awesome.

Anyway, good point... you're right, having the league sack leader wouldn't have helped our pass-rush this year.

KUTGW!
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:09 PM   #24
HILife
Ring of Famer
 
HILife's Avatar
 
Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: DC - NOVA - DMV - VA - Take your pick
Posts: 4,505
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeandblueblooded View Post
This thread needs the orton Jack gif.
There you go.

Last edited by HILife; 12-05-2010 at 03:14 PM..
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:11 PM   #25
go_broncos
Ring of Famer
 
49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 5,759

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
OK. What does McDaniels offensive scheme have to do with Denver losing their best pass rusher? You mean to tell me if we had doom against the NYJ or against St Louis or against SD we have the same results? Can you look at the Broncos objectively at all?

1. Considering Doom is a linebacker...and Martindale was linebackers coach...I am fairly certain he would have been used correctly.

2. So let me understand you. Doom had 17 sacks in 2009. 10 the first 6 games, 7 the last 10 but he somehow would not make an impact this year even though Doom has played consistently well regardless of who the DC is?

For me ..it is simple.We suck because of the coaches and the players he assembled.
That's the way i see it on every Sunday.
I am telling you..Next year..if we lose again..Some posters will say we need to be patient with Tebow.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:33 PM.


Denver Broncos