The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2010, 01:49 PM   #1
lostknight
In The Arena
 
lostknight's Avatar
 
ohwaitwtf

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,336

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default Not to whitewash the game, but Champ and the Secondary showed up

I am not generally a believer in whitewashing defeats - especially ones like this which basically have to be laid at the feet of a coaching staff that has never been able to have a game where both the offense and the defense show up for the entire same game (even the last KC game was marred by way too many passing yards and TDs given up). However, the defense showed up, and deserves to be recognized.

Bailey and the new secondary showed up today. Baily completely and totally shut down the top WR in football this year. He was spectacular. With the exception of the normal Nate Jones foibles, the entire secondary proved that they really should be the first string at this point - the old veterans have worn down to the point that it's time to pass the baton.

Moreno ran, and ran. And for once never took himself out. This is the Moreno we have been waiting to see. He was elusive, athletic and reliable. Only Orton's complete and total collapse kept this team back, which is a vast improvement of the last six games. Unfortunately, what I posted about earlier was true of Orton today. Anything that threw Orton and his receivers off schedule, rendered Orton completely ineffective.

The entire McDaniel problem was exemplified in this game. He put together a awesome change in the defense with new younger players. But he was unable to produce a effective offense in the same week. This is a reflection of him being far too spread out. The lack of a OC since this team got rid of Bates has been the most consistent problem this team has had.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2010, 01:51 PM   #2
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,464
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostknight View Post
I am not generally a believer in whitewashing defeats - especially ones like this which basically have to be laid at the feet of a coaching staff that has never been able to have a game where both the offense and the defense show up for the entire same game (even the last KC game was marred by way too many passing yards and TDs given up). However, the defense showed up, and deserves to be recognized.

Bailey and the new secondary showed up today. Baily completely and totally shut down the top WR in football this year. He was spectacular. With the exception of the normal Nate Jones foibles, the entire secondary proved that they really should be the first string at this point - the old veterans have worn down to the point that it's time to pass the baton.

Moreno ran, and ran. And for once never took himself out. This is the Moreno we have been waiting to see. He was elusive, athletic and reliable. Only Orton's complete and total collapse kept this team back, which is a vast improvement of the last six games. Unfortunately, what I posted about earlier was true of Orton today. Anything that threw Orton and his receivers off schedule, rendered Orton completely ineffective.

The entire McDaniel problem was exemplified in this game. He put together a awesome change in the defense with new younger players. But he was unable to produce a effective offense in the same week. This is a reflection of him being far too spread out. The lack of a OC since this team got rid of Bates has been the most consistent problem this team has had.

I agree with the majority of this post except for the bolded. When the game was competitive, KC did nothing. If they get junk yards and points after the game has been decided, then who cares?

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:52 PM   #3
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,443

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho
Default

Champ is still the man. By far the best corner on this team and totally worth whatever it takes to keep him.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:54 PM   #4
zdoor
Jamaica Bound!
 
zdoor's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Templeton, Ca.
Posts: 1,621
Default

I was really impressed with champ today. I thought it was by far his best game this year.
zdoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:56 PM   #5
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,949

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Champ and Moreno share the game ball. Orton should be forced to take the whole team out to dinner. This loss belongs to him.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:57 PM   #6
DenverBound
Thanks for the memories
 
DenverBound's Avatar
 
This one's for Pat!

Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 922
Default

How is everyone forgetting the first half? Our defense played like **** the entire first half. They did adjust, and show up after the half though to which I give them much credit. Todays loss falls directly on Orton's shoulders. Mcd actually called a decent game today. I counted 8 times, EIGHT TIMES! Orton checked out of a run to which he threw an incompletion. I am a big Orton supporter but he really muffed this game.
DenverBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:59 PM   #7
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,603

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
I agree with the majority of this post except for the bolded. When the game was competitive, KC did nothing. If they get junk yards and points after the game has been decided, then who cares?

That's kinda been Denver's MO all season...
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:00 PM   #8
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,443

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho
Default

Just imagine how good Champ would be with a front seven like the Ravens. Bowe was completely shut out by Bailey, with zero pass rush and no help from the offense. When he wasn't busy shutting down Bowe he was lending run support and providing spot duty pass rush.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:01 PM   #9
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,435

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

The nice thing is that we didn't get blown out, and had some players who really showed up today. So in a sense, this is a feel-good loss.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:02 PM   #10
lostknight
In The Arena
 
lostknight's Avatar
 
ohwaitwtf

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,336

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBound View Post
How is everyone forgetting the first half? Our defense played like **** the entire first half.
Yards are not points. Giving up only 10, the last three on a insanely bad missed tripping call was great.
Quote:
Todays loss falls directly on Orton's shoulders.
True.
Quote:
Mcd actually called a decent game today.
False. It's like someone handed McDaniels a running team, and he had no clue what to do with it.
Quote:
I counted 8 times, EIGHT TIMES! Orton checked out of a run to which he threw an incompletion. I am a big Orton supporter but he really muffed this game.
You keep asserting this, but I didn't see any such evidence. I will go back and re-watch it later.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:03 PM   #11
NYBronco
Ring of Famer
 
NYBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 2,990
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBound View Post
How is everyone forgetting the first half? Our defense played like **** the entire first half. They did adjust, and show up after the half though to which I give them much credit. Todays loss falls directly on Orton's shoulders. Mcd actually called a decent game today. I counted 8 times, EIGHT TIMES! Orton checked out of a run to which he threw an incompletion. I am a big Orton supporter but he really muffed this game.
Orton had a poor game but the oline had its problems with the KC pass rush. Clady got absolutely burned and it resulted in a lost Orton fumble. Even the great and all mighty Peyton Manning will melt in the face of that kind of pressure.
NYBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:09 PM   #12
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 12,440

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostknight View Post
I am not generally a believer in whitewashing defeats - especially ones like this which basically have to be laid at the feet of a coaching staff that has never been able to have a game where both the offense and the defense show up for the entire same game (even the last KC game was marred by way too many passing yards and TDs given up). However, the defense showed up, and deserves to be recognized.

Bailey and the new secondary showed up today. Baily completely and totally shut down the top WR in football this year. He was spectacular. With the exception of the normal Nate Jones foibles, the entire secondary proved that they really should be the first string at this point - the old veterans have worn down to the point that it's time to pass the baton.

Moreno ran, and ran. And for once never took himself out. This is the Moreno we have been waiting to see. He was elusive, athletic and reliable. Only Orton's complete and total collapse kept this team back, which is a vast improvement of the last six games. Unfortunately, what I posted about earlier was true of Orton today. Anything that threw Orton and his receivers off schedule, rendered Orton completely ineffective.

The entire McDaniel problem was exemplified in this game. He put together a awesome change in the defense with new younger players. But he was unable to produce a effective offense in the same week. This is a reflection of him being far too spread out. The lack of a OC since this team got rid of Bates has been the most consistent problem this team has had.
Agreed, it seems McD can't put the offense and defense on the same board in the same week. That being said, I was pleasantly surprised at the final score and the defensive effort.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:09 PM   #13
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Champ and Moreno share the game ball. Orton should be forced to take the whole team out to dinner. This loss belongs to him.
Pretty gut-wrenching to have Kyle play so well through so many losses with no support... and then play so poorly when the rest of the team showed up a little.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:14 PM   #14
lostknight
In The Arena
 
lostknight's Avatar
 
ohwaitwtf

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,336

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Pretty gut-wrenching to have Kyle play so well through so many losses with no support... and then play so poorly when the rest of the team showed up a little.
We've died with the ball in Kyle's hands and a chance to tie or win five times this season. I wouldn't feel too bad for Kyle here. The only difference between thoose performances and this one where that Kyle sucked the entire game.

The statistical reality of Kyle doing very poorly when 7 or less behind was in full force today.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:14 PM   #15
misturanderson
Ring of Famer
 
Why not?

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Diago
Posts: 1,779

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DemaryiusThomas
Default

While the D did well (the secondary especially) and much better than is usual. The chiefs kept themselves out of the endzone before the D had a chance to. The chiefs' offense helped make this game as close as it was as much as our D did.

That said, I liked the improvement and hope this staff doesn't fall into the same pitfall the last one did where they hand starting spots back to veterans that don't deserve them as soon as they are healthy enough to be on the field.
misturanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:19 PM   #16
Mr
Sports Deviant
 
Mr's Avatar
 
Right In The Face.

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Gods Country.. Vancouver BC
Posts: 381

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von
Default

Josh McDaniels wouldnt see the "Big Picture" if it was in the form of a framed 8x10 color glossy thats nailed to his enormous forehead.

I wanted to lock all of the doors, put on some blues vinyl, and weep openly.
Mr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:21 PM   #17
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,464
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr View Post
Josh McDaniels wouldnt see the "Big Picture" if it was in the form of a framed 8x10 color glossy thats nailed to his enormous forehead.

I wanted to lock all of the doors, put on some blues vinyl, and weep openly.

Well are'nt you the little ray of sunshine and fairy dust today.


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:23 PM   #18
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostknight View Post
We've died with the ball in Kyle's hands and a chance to tie or win five times this season. I wouldn't feel too bad for Kyle here. The only difference between thoose performances and this one where that Kyle sucked the entire game.

The statistical reality of Kyle doing very poorly when 7 or less behind was in full force today.
Yea, that's kind of a wanker-stat. There are too many circumstances to go through to be sure that those losses were on Orton. You can't just ignore all of his stats and use the ones that suit you. Bottom line is, he's played well enough to make us a top 10 offense.

This week, he didn't.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:24 PM   #19
Mr
Sports Deviant
 
Mr's Avatar
 
Right In The Face.

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Gods Country.. Vancouver BC
Posts: 381

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Well are'nt you the little ray of sunshine and fairy dust today.


Just a little jittery.
Its all good in the McHood
Mr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:25 PM   #20
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: St Augustine, FL
Posts: 7,427

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr View Post
Josh McDaniels wouldnt see the "Big Picture" if it was in the form of a framed 8x10 color glossy thats nailed to his enormous forehead.

I wanted to lock all of the doors, put on some blues vinyl, and weep openly.
I think big picture is more poster sized than 8x10.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:25 PM   #21
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,464
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr View Post
Just a little jittery.
Its all good in the McHood

Have you ever had the McDonalds McRibb? I wonder what animal part its really made of.


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:28 PM   #22
Mr
Sports Deviant
 
Mr's Avatar
 
Right In The Face.

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Gods Country.. Vancouver BC
Posts: 381

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
I think big picture is more poster sized than 8x10.
Perhaps a finger painting would be more Joshy's speed.
Mr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:35 PM   #23
dsmoot
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 1,705
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Pretty gut-wrenching to have Kyle play so well through so many losses with no support... and then play so poorly when the rest of the team showed up a little.

What is equally gut wrenching are those games Kyle played well, had opportunities in the critical portion of the game and not finish it.
dsmoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:43 PM   #24
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 19,507
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Have you ever had the McDonalds McRibb? I wonder what animal part its really made of.


Anus
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:44 PM   #25
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,464
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Anus

Thats alot of a-holes.


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:34 PM.


Denver Broncos