The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2010, 01:10 PM   #1
robbieopperude
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
robbieopperude's Avatar
 
Shannon to Canton!

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 767

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Enoughs Enough

Offensive genius puts up 6 points with his players. I would fully support the firing of Josh McDaniels and the courtship of Jon Gruden. McDaniels defense is terrible and his play calling on third and 3-5 yards drives me crazy. We finally run a draw in the 4th quarter and it goes for big yards.

Time to fire this guy. He is just in way over his head at this point.
robbieopperude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2010, 01:13 PM   #2
_Oro_
Formerly known as Casson
 
_Oro_'s Avatar
 
Don't run that sh*t this way.

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montrťal
Posts: 1,194

Adopt-a-Bronco:
- R. Ayers
Default

Awesome take. Look everyone, someone wants Josh fired. Amazing.
_Oro_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:21 PM   #3
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
https://twitter.com/mogulseeker

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boulder... Vail when it snoooows
Posts: 16,517

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbieopperude View Post
Offensive genius puts up 6 points with his players. I would fully support the firing of Josh McDaniels and the courtship of Jon Gruden. McDaniels defense is terrible and his play calling on third and 3-5 yards drives me crazy. We finally run a draw in the 4th quarter and it goes for big yards.

Time to fire this guy. He is just in way over his head at this point.
1. I agree he is in over his head.

2. We should NOT fire him. We should get him a competent staff.

3. I probably would have punted too.... we got ****ed by the refs on that shovel pass to Moreno.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:26 PM   #4
crush17
orange & blue
 
crush17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,276

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!
Default

I would have punted. If the defense didn't allow them to get a 1st down on their last drive, it's a much different story.

Also, there shouldn't there have been time added to the clock for our last play? Since the defender was the 1st person who touched it, doesn't the clock stay stopped until our first play, meaning there should have been 20 seconds on the clock?

Please help me with that one. I don't get it.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:41 PM   #5
ScottXray
Opinionated A******
 
ScottXray's Avatar
 
We will NOT lose!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: PDX (Portland OR)
Posts: 5,328

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
I would have punted. If the defense didn't allow them to get a 1st down on their last drive, it's a much different story.

Also, there shouldn't there have been time added to the clock for our last play? Since the defender was the 1st person who touched it, doesn't the clock stay stopped until our first play, meaning there should have been 20 seconds on the clock?

Please help me with that one. I don't get it.
You are right. Also the chiefs were the first to touch it and it going into the end zone (for ANY reason including a bronco) makes it a touch back beacuse its a free play after that..

the official crew for this game sucked and made a LOT of mistakes
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:18 PM   #6
robbieopperude
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
robbieopperude's Avatar
 
Shannon to Canton!

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 767

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

This is the first that I have flat out admitted to myself that McDaniels needs to be fired. I try to look at the situation with optimism when we were scoring points and say hey when Josh's defense comes around and Elvis gets back we will be fairly competitive. I have finally come to the conclusion that Josh can't win games for the Broncos. Coaches win close games and I saw absolutely nothing out there from a coaching standpoint minus a draw in the fourth quarter.

At this point I have come to realize that he has signed so many mediocre veterans and has done such a poor job drafting that at best we will be is .500 for the next couple of years.

Of course having a Top 5 pick is going to help because we are going to get immediately better on the DL for once. If he doesn't blow the pick and the dude pans out.

Just my take.
robbieopperude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:24 PM   #7
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer
 
Missouribronc's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,646

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

If you want Gruden, you are overreacting.
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:45 PM   #8
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,800
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Oro_ View Post
Awesome take. Look everyone, someone wants Josh fired. Amazing.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:46 PM   #9
Lev Vyvanse
Ring of Famer
 
Lev Vyvanse's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 3,048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
You are right. Also the chiefs were the first to touch it and it going into the end zone (for ANY reason including a bronco) makes it a touch back beacuse its a free play after that..

the official crew for this game sucked and made a LOT of mistakes
What? Itís not touchback if a Bronco picks it up and runs backwards into the end zone. The clock keeps running because it is a free play. The Broncos can do whatever they want and always have the option to take the ball at the four. We could have picked the ball up lateral six times, run it 90 yards back, fumble on the 10 and still take the ball at the 4.
Lev Vyvanse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:51 PM   #10
ScottXray
Opinionated A******
 
ScottXray's Avatar
 
We will NOT lose!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: PDX (Portland OR)
Posts: 5,328

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lev Vyvanse View Post
What? Itís not touchback if a Bronco picks it up and runs backwards into the end zone. The clock keeps running because it is a free play. The Broncos can do whatever they want and always have the option to take the ball at the four. We could have picked the ball up lateral six times, run it 90 yards back, fumble on the 10 and still take the ball at the 4.
My bad...I thought that the run into the end zone and being tackled there would mean touchback. I knew it was a free play...
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:00 AM.


Denver Broncos