The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2010, 01:05 PM   #1
KevinJames
DT

Default Its time for the change, the future is Moreno and Tebow. Listen up.

Orton sucks when the game is close when theres heat on him he can't handle the pressure.

Moreno was amazing the way he ran today is the reason McDaniels drafted him in the first round, can the Moreno hate finally stop? I think our future is the running game with Tebow at QB it can only help only time can tell if he can be the guy but if his threat of the run is there it can only help the offense and help open up the passing game.

3-9 the season is lost, if Orton is going to be moved this off season than we need to sit him to avoid injuries to him and to allow us to watch our QB of the future develop and make some rookie mistkaes when the games don't matter since we are out of the playoff race.

McDaniels the time is now. Make your move and pull Orton for the year or you could be out of a job.

Last edited by KevinJames; 12-05-2010 at 02:03 PM..
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2010, 01:06 PM   #2
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

So does your tv show.
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:06 PM   #3
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Good thread.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:25 PM   #4
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Paul Blart Mall Cop is a great movie....blue ray worthy
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:28 PM   #5
jmz313
Ring of Famer

I half agree. But suspect situational play calling by the HC is still bothering me more then Ortons Deer in headlights play. I assume Orton would do better with a better play caller in his ear.
jmz313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:30 PM   #6
Soul-Bronco
Broncos 4 Life ! ! !

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

i agree 100%, play calling sucked, but i can guarentee orton audibled out of some runs on the 8 pass plays. Orton should be stripped of starting and audibling at the very least

And yes tebow would instantly upgrade the running game.

It does wonders when moreno gets more than 20 carries a game .
Soul-Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:38 PM   #7
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul-Bronco View Post
i agree 100%, play calling sucked, but i can guarentee orton audibled out of some runs on the 8 pass plays..
Seriously, how would you know this? Unless you know exactly what the original play call was, and at the same time can decipher the audibles the Broncos call, you're just guessing.

Not to mention how the hell would you even hear what play calls/audibles were called.

Apart from that, anyone that wants to bail out on Orton after his first really bad game of the season is absolutely free to do so.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:39 PM   #8
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Moreno showed me a lot today.

Now the Broncos need to convince the league to put the Cheaps in the schedule more often.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:40 PM   #9
jebures
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
Seriously, how would you know this? Unless you know exactly what the original play call was, and at the same time can decipher the audibles the Broncos call, you're just guessing.

Not to mention how the hell would you even hear what play calls/audibles were called.

Apart from that, anyone that wants to bail out on Orton after his first really bad game of the season is absolutely free to do so.
It isn't the first game where he has utterly failed to come through in crunch time. He is only good if we are in the lead otherwise he crumbles. Bench his ass.
jebures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:41 PM   #10
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul-Bronco View Post
i agree 100%, play calling sucked.
What was wrong with the play calling. Outside of the endzone pass from their 35 on 3rd and 6, I thought the game was called extremely well. Loved the heavy dose of the run we used all day.

LAST week's calling was a mess, but the play-calling gave us every chance to win today. Kyle just picked a bad week to have his worst game of his career.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:41 PM   #11
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Fire Josh. Bring in Gruden. Let the Gruden/Tebow era begin!
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:42 PM   #12
TheProfessor
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco john View Post
fire josh. Bring in gruden. Let the gruden/tebow era begin!
x2
TheProfessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:42 PM   #13
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
What was wrong with the play calling. Outside of the endzone pass from their 35 on 3rd and 6, I thought the game was called extremely well. Loved the heavy dose of the run we used all day.

LAST week's calling was a mess, but the play-calling gave us every chance to win today. Kyle just picked a bad week to have his worst game of his career.

The playcalling was good up until that fumble. Then it became an absolute panicked mess.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:44 PM   #14
Broncos4tw
Ring of Famer

Our amazing playcalling yielded us.. 6 points.

You can't have it all. McDaniel's can't be a brilliant up-and-coming coach, AND Orton doesn't suck when the pressure is on. Which is it? I'm sick of the "It's not Orton! And it's not our coach!" It's SOMETHING, holy crap.
Broncos4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:45 PM   #15
thecool
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Right. 1 week Moreno is the biggest bust of all time. Next week he's the future.

Yeah, you guys really know your stuff.
thecool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:45 PM   #16
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmz313 View Post
I half agree. But suspect situational play calling by the HC is still bothering me more then Ortons Deer in headlights play. I assume Orton would do better with a better play caller in his ear.
Either Orton was checking out of plays or we need McDaniels to hand off playcalling to an OC (I think we need that anyways, I'm not a fan of the HC calling plays). The 2nd & 15 where Orton fumbled I didn't understand why we passed, we were gashing them for 8-12 a pop on the ground.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:46 PM   #17
steeledude
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
Orton sucks when the game is close when theres heat on him he can't handle the pressure.

Moreno was amazing the way he ran today is the reason McDaniels drafted him in the first round, can the Moreno hate finally stop? I think our future is the running game with Tebow at QB it can only help only time can tell if he can be the guy but if his threat of the run is there it can only help the offense and help open up the passing game.

3-9 the season is lost, if Orton is going to be moved this off season than we need to sit him to avoid injuries to him and to allow us to watch our QB of the future develop and make some rookie mistkaes when the games don't matter since we are out of the playoff race.

McDaniels the time is now. Make your move and pull Orton for the year or you could be out of a job.
Change number 1 has to be McD.

I don't think people hate Moreno here. He has sucked all year. He is showing flashes of first round talent now, and has definitely earned a chance to put together a good season next year. But until he has put together a great season and shows us he has a nose for the TDs, I say the jury is still out. But I don't think you'll find anyone here who would be upset if he became great.

Orton probably has to go. He is amazing...when playing prevent defenses. He hasn't been great all year. He has thrown for a lot of yards, sure, but all the pro bowl talk, etc. has been bogus since day 1. Orton can't lead this team to victory. He played today like he played in Chicago. Did enough to allow his defense to keep them in the game.

Hopefully Tebow is the answer, but I have my doubts he'll ever be an NFL QB, or maybe anything else. Maybe he should be our running back.
steeledude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:47 PM   #18
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecool View Post
Right. 1 week Moreno is the biggest bust of all time. Next week he's the future.

welcome to the Mane ........ alot of people here believe in the " what you dont know , make up with Bulshiat" ........
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:48 PM   #19
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:

Moreno has slowly been winning skeptics over. It's all about performance on the field. Find me one post of anyone saying anything bad about Moreno last week.

I'm not convinced he's the future yet - I mean, that was only the KC Chiefs we played out there... But I did think he showed some promise and am definitely intrigued to see more of the same. I loved that spin run he had. That showed toughness and guile.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:48 PM   #20
cabronco
Broncos & LA Kings fan

PFM / Kopitar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Superbowl Bound

Might as well let Tebow get some real game time experience. That way he's not starting off from scratch the next football season. We know what Ortons about. He can be efficient at times, but he's not a good leader, and a statue in the pocket without awareness. Tebow is known for his leading abilities in college, just needs time on the field at the pro level..
cabronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:54 PM   #21
thecool
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Moreno has slowly been winning skeptics over. It's all about performance on the field. Find me one post of anyone saying anything bad about Moreno last week.

I'm not convinced he's the future yet - I mean, that was only the KC Chiefs we played out there... But I did think he showed some promise and am definitely intrigued to see more of the same. I loved that spin run he had. That showed toughness and guile.
This has nothing to do with winning skeptics over. It's about knowing what you're watching and talking about, which no one here has no idea of.

It was clearly the offensive line that plagued Moreno to start off the season. But some people still wanted to degrade him and call him a bust. Arguments upon arguments pulling up stats etc claiming he's such a horrible RB.

The fact is people here don't really know anything.
thecool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:56 PM   #22
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
This has nothing to do with winning skeptics over. It's about knowing what you're watching and talking about, which no one here has no idea of.

It was clearly the offensive line that plagued Moreno to start off the season. But some people still wanted to degrade him and call him a bust. Arguments upon arguments pulling up stats etc claiming he's such a horrible RB.

The fact is people here don't really know anything.

They know we've got three wins.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:56 PM   #23
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Fire Josh. Bring in Gruden. Let the Gruden/Tebow era begin!
I don't get your fascination with Gruden. He rode Dungy's/Kiffin's defense to a Super Bowl his first year in Tampa, then was eventually fired because he could never get their offense to play above a mediocre level while the defense detioriated. He did some impressive work in Oakland, but that was more than a decade ago. If McDaniels get fired, my first choice would be Jim Harbaugh. Yes, I realize college coaches have a poor track record jumping to the NFL, but Harbaugh has an NFL background and runs NFL style systems. Plus, he brings the sort of hard nosed approach we need. Also, having been a former NFL QB himself, he could be a good tutor for Tebow.

Last edited by BroncoInferno; 12-05-2010 at 02:03 PM..
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:58 PM   #24
BossChief
not a troll

not a troll

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Moreno should have had a chance at topping 200 yards today if your coach wasnt clueless.

He seems topped out as a OC and cant handle being a head coach.
BossChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:58 PM   #25
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
I don't get your fascination with Gruden. He rode Dungy's/Kiffin's defense to a Super Bowl his first year in Tampa, then was eventually fired because he could never get their offense to play above a mediocre level while the defense detioriated. He did some impressive work in Oakland, but that was more than a decade ago. If McDaniels get fired, my first choice would be Jim Harbaugh. Yes, I realize college coaches have a poor track record jumping to the NFL, but Harbaugh has an NFL background and runs NFL style systems. Plus, he brings the sort of hard nosed approach we need.

I'd take Harbaugh too. I do like Gruden though. I'd take either one.