The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2010, 11:04 AM   #1
crush17
orange & blue
 
crush17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,089

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!
Default Debunktion Junction Comes To Adam Schein’s County

http://onemanfootball.com/2010/11/30...cheins-county/

Another Ted Bartlett article. I agree with most of this, although I think he definitely goes a bit too easy on the coaching staff in general.

For the most part, this is spot on.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2010, 11:11 AM   #2
yerner
Ring of Famer
 
yerner's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Charlottesville VA
Posts: 3,936
Default

I like how he say Schein writes like a radio guy. Too bad Barflett writes like a plumber.

Last edited by yerner; 12-01-2010 at 11:15 AM..
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:14 AM   #3
strafen
Karma
 
strafen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,257

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway
Default

That's totally garbage.
Adam Schein had more credibility than this guy acting like a butt-hurt fan calling names to former players
If the guy wants to refute somebody else's take on this, do it with class and in an objective manner.
To say this guy is spot on is utterly ridiculous...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:16 AM   #4
crush17
orange & blue
 
crush17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,089

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!
Default

What's he wrong about?
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:50 AM   #5
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,799
Default

As for Hillis, he definitely had a couple good games for the Broncos as a rookie, but he was Shanahan’s 5th choice as the starting Tailback, behind Andre Hall, Selvin Young, Michael Pittman, and Ryan Torain. (Shanahan didn’t like him at FB, either, because of his blocking deficiencies. Spencer Larsen mostly started, as he does today for the Broncos.)

I'm told the simple explanation for this would have been... how could Shanahan have EVER known a late-round pick would have been any good at running the ball! I mean, where had he ever seen THAT before?





Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:55 AM   #6
colonelbeef
Lets be friend
 
colonelbeef's Avatar
 
Elway is the new Jerry West

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 3,883

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe
Default

Lol @ Poops grasping at the "blame shanahan too" straw

Shanahan drafted him as an all purpose FB, and tried to keep him there until injury made his transition a necessity.

Drawing a comparison to McScandals throwing Hilllis away for a plate of hot garbage is really stupid, even for you.
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:03 PM   #7
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
What's he wrong about?
He presents factual information in place of hopes or opinions.

That simply doesn't fly on the Orange Mane.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:16 PM   #8
bendog
Marginally Continent
 
bendog's Avatar
 
David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Folsom Prison
Posts: 19,872

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens
Default

I was less pissed when shanny failed to bring in ben jarvis green-ellis as an undrafted FA and he went to NE instead than I was either when McD drafted Moreno at 11 (he's a nice back but not that nice) or traded for Maroney. And I found his shooting his third 3rd pick on Claret amusing. Show some talent and Shanny would bring in Ted Bundy for a workout.
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:34 PM   #9
Caveat Lector
Solid Starter
 
Caveat Lector's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 213

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
What's he wrong about?
He's not wrong about anything, its just that articles such as these don't get as many hits as over dramatic 'fire, fire, fire' articles baying for blood do. People don't want to listen to reason.

What makes this article even better is the screen shots of Josina's moronic tweets. If she had half a brain it'd be lonely...
Caveat Lector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:43 PM   #10
bendog
Marginally Continent
 
bendog's Avatar
 
David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Folsom Prison
Posts: 19,872

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens
Default

And he didn't mention A Smith and Matt Millen ... not that I read it carefully. It's puff.
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:46 PM   #11
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,962

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

I just hope Bartlett is right.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:48 PM   #12
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveat Lector View Post
He's not wrong about anything, its just that articles such as these don't get as many hits as over dramatic 'fire, fire, fire' articles baying for blood do. People don't want to listen to reason.

What makes this article even better is the screen shots of Josina's moronic tweets. If she had half a brain it'd be lonely...
But to be fair, no one really considers her a journalist.... people...

*THIS POST EDITED TO COMPLY WITH ORANGEMANE POLICY*
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:49 PM   #13
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,632
Default

I also wonder what was so wrong about the article. He took misinformation from Schein and corrected it.

So... where's the fire?
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:51 PM   #14
bendog
Marginally Continent
 
bendog's Avatar
 
David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Folsom Prison
Posts: 19,872

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens
Default

We're a better team now than in 08 ... you betcha.
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:56 PM   #15
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,632
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendog View Post
We're a better team now than in 08 ... you betcha.
Huh. Must have missed in the article where that point was made.
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:57 PM   #16
bendog
Marginally Continent
 
bendog's Avatar
 
David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Folsom Prison
Posts: 19,872

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens
Default

Well, then "Josh's" personnel moves have just been .... mahvelous, and the blog was an epic detailed debunktion.
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:58 PM   #17
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,603

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Also got his playing chance due to injuries (TD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Also got his playing chance due to injuries (TD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
He entered TC as the sixth running back. Was a starter by week one, but also was showing off HoF talent, so not sure how this could apply.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:12 PM   #18
Kaylore
Shall we begin?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
The Chiefs Suck

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,505

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

He's right about a lot of things. Most of all, Scheffler. People still pine for him and outside of his twice yearly big game in losing causes against the Bolts, on the rare occasions when he stayed on the field he didn't do anything. And people around here still pretend he's "with" Marshall and Cutler. I saw a post just the other day saying we miss his big play ability. Has he broken 500 yards in a season EVER?

The one thing this guy can't argue against that Schein has him on is the wins and loses. Even without Dumervil, this team should be better than a 3 win team. Especially when McDaniels himself admits to not having answers for other teams' in game adjustments.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:17 PM   #19
colonelbeef
Lets be friend
 
colonelbeef's Avatar
 
Elway is the new Jerry West

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 3,883

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
He's right about a lot of things. Most of all, Scheffler. People still pine for him and outside of his twice yearly big game in losing causes against the Bolts, on the rare occasions when he stayed on the field he didn't do anything. And people around here still pretend he's "with" Marshall and Cutler. I saw a post just the other day saying we miss his big play ability. Has he broken 500 yards in a season EVER?

The one thing this guy can't argue against that Schein has him on is the wins and loses. Even without Dumervil, this team should be better than a 3 win team. Especially when McDaniels himself admits to not having answers for other teams' in game adjustments.

Yes, twice with the Broncos. Lol.
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:22 PM   #20
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 21,605

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Popps, you want to bring up late round talent for Davis in comparison for Hillis. Everyone in front of Hillis was playing well so Hillis had to wait his turn. Please stop making excuses for McD anymore. The proof is in the pudding. He screwed up and 99.5% of the fans know it. Making excuses for him looks horrible to those 99.5%.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:25 PM   #21
bendog
Marginally Continent
 
bendog's Avatar
 
David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Folsom Prison
Posts: 19,872

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
He's right about a lot of things. Most of all, Scheffler. People still pine for him and outside of his twice yearly big game in losing causes against the Bolts, on the rare occasions when he stayed on the field he didn't do anything. And people around here still pretend he's "with" Marshall and Cutler. I saw a post just the other day saying we miss his big play ability. Has he broken 500 yards in a season EVER?

The one thing this guy can't argue against that Schein has him on is the wins and loses. Even without Dumervil, this team should be better than a 3 win team. Especially when McDaniels himself admits to not having answers for other teams' in game adjustments.
Shein's take was that McD has taken personnel moves that even Matt Millen wouldn't do. That's hyperbole, but literally what Shein said. That's harsh and I don't think Millen is above trading a 20 for a 40, but it's also that 2009 was a debacle that even just taking the names that went in the draft slots of the guys denver took and passed on would have yeilded Orakapo/Cushing, Ayers, and Earl Thomas. People can complain about Doom being hurt and lacking playmakers on defense BUT THE REASON WE LACK PLAYMAKERS IS MCD'S 2009 DRAFT.

The hillis thing is really a red herring. Who knew he was that good. But we knew he was a legit back if healthy. So the trade came back to bite Den on the ass, but that's not really the thing. McD trades guys to create MORE holes. The Shein piece was just a chance to take a swipe at McD. Kick a guy when he's down.

So, the "debunk" comes down to this guy saying he's going to talk aobut "football technique" and he goes off on personnel. His ultimate take is Orton>Lambchop, Lloyd>Marshall...... been there done that. McD had bet his future on Tebow. If that works, the crazy stuff will be forgotten. If not this will have been an epic Sabanesque fail
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:25 PM   #22
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,632
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Popps, you want to bring up late round talent for Davis in comparison for Hillis. Everyone in front of Hillis was playing well so Hillis had to wait his turn. Please stop making excuses for McD anymore. The proof is in the pudding. He screwed up and 99.5% of the fans know it. Making excuses for him looks horrible to those 99.5%.
They were playing so well, in fact, that Hillis led the team in rushing... as a four game starter.

Yeah, with all those guys playing so well in front of him, it's simply miraculous that Hillis ever saw the field.
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:32 PM   #23
zdoor
Jamaica Bound!
 
zdoor's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Templeton, Ca.
Posts: 1,621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
He presents factual information in place of hopes or opinions.

That simply doesn't fly on the Orange Mane.
Look, I hope he is right but come on it is mostly opinion based on opinion, not fact.

The photgrapher acted on his own... fair enough. That is what the NFL found. Schein's opinion was different as was Bill Cowhers, Jimmy Johnson, Pat Kirwas and several other talking heads. All those are based on speculation and experience, which could be wrong...

McDaniels people skills suck leading to numerous amounts of talent leaving the building What about that is wrong that is based on fact much as the statement itself is based on opinion. You can believe whatever you want but to me lots of talent has left and I think at least some it is due to McDaniels immaturity and inexperience (or people skills).. If you believe different and that Schein is wrong and Bartlett is right, great. That is your opinion and I can respect that. But guess what, because someone else's opinion is different doesn't make yours fact or theirs wrong... Both points of view are based on opinion.

Shanny was canned and McDaniels brought in to get over the hump People here spout we are rebuilding and that was the case from the start. Well guess what, that is also an opinion. I can respect it but it doesn't make it correct. I saw a young team with holes on the O-line and massive deficiencies on d but with a great amount of potential. Could
I be wrong, absolutely, but so could the opposing point of view. Neither is fact and spouting ad nauseum that we are in full rebuild and were when McDaniels was hired is just a juvenile and one sided as the opposite point of view making every discussion into fire McDaniels. We ended up in full rebuild as a result of McDaniels hiring but I highly doubt that was Bowlens intention when McDaniels was brought in. Again that is my opinion and you are entitiled to yours. Who's right, depends on your point of view but stop telling me your opinion is rooted in fact, it isn't...

It all went horribly wrong after McDAniels was hired Well that is a fair opinion. IF yours is diferent fine by me. Cutler was a self induced nightmare. Was Cutler to blame and an immature kid. Hell Yes. Did McDaniels inexperience play a major role. IMO abolsutely. Again it is an opinion. Just like Bartletts view that Cassel is better than Cutler and McDaniels acted correctly. I actually agree Bowlen screwed the pooch there too but again it is my opinion just like an opposite view is, you guessed it, an opinion. If you disagree, great, that is fine and I respect your opinion. But, don't tell me any of theses "views" are factual. You ahve no clue what the facts really were and neither do I.

Marshall and Schefler wew traded as a result of McDaniels frosty personality It's an opinion and one I don't totally agree with. I actually think he handled Marshall correctly. Scheffler is another story but regardless of your view, the only factual statement that can be madde is we don't have a TE that can catch on the roster after trading him. Was it McDaniels personality that caused them to clash, could be and could have nothing to do with it but it is an opinion, not fact.

Ayers was a project Most draft prognistactors said he was including MAyock, who many here tout as the best... Again it's an opinion. I actually like Ayers and thought we screwed the pouch on going RB at 12, but that is my opinion. If yours is diferent more power to you. Obviously the results of the draft are incomplete but initials returns on draft #1 are pretty bad considering the amount of picks we had.

Alphonso Smith was an error of epic proportions I am shocked anybody doesn;'t agree with this view. Good clubs valkue picks and rarely trade up, the best often trade down. This picked sucked as did what we gave for it, as did trading the kid for a 3rd string TE one year later. Again, my opinion but the facts would tend to support this argument. If your opinion differs, more power to you and may god help you...

Peyton Hillis was a collosal mistake An opinion, albeit one I totally agree with. Yeah McDaniels wasn't likely to use him which to me is another indictment of McDaiels and his inability to make use of the talent he has. Are their other opinions, yes of course. Is mine based on fact? No, neither is an opposite point of view.

Nolan and Mcdaniels relationship was strained as a result of McDaniels prickly personality and desire to put his "touch on the D" Opinion yes, one I agree with. But so is any other view... The result however show McDaniels imprint to be lacking and the inabiltiy to ever adjust during games. Yeah injuries are a huge part but I'm sorry the scheme sucks, IMO... If yours is diferent fine but its still an opinion. Nothing factual here other than the 2 coaches couldn't find common ground and split. Again to me this an indictment on McDaniels. Not for his personality but because he doesn't seem to be able to use the talent he had and as a result, it is gone, just like Turner and Dennnison... Still an opinion....


I could go on but hopefully that is enough. Please stop telling me the article is based in fact and any other view is biased BS with an Agenda. Hate to break to anyone, but both views are opinion. Nothing here is factual. If you believe we are showing promise and should stay the course, fine. I can respect that and hope you are right. But, if someone doesn't like the constant drama and thinks the team is floundering and getting worse, that is also a fair opinion that at this point is no less valid than any other view... Please don't preach about anything here being factual, it isn't...

Sorry about the typo's... typing on a touch screen...
zdoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:34 PM   #24
24champ
Livin' the dream!
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,634

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
What's he wrong about?
Not a lot. It doesn't have drama and the fire everyone storyline that sells papers and drives up traffic on sites.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:35 PM   #25
NYBronco
Ring of Famer
 
NYBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 2,990
Default

Another great read along with the following response to the article.
I'm becoming a big fan of Ted's.



Quote:
Ben Boyd
Dec 01, 2010 @ 08:52:01

Great job Ted. Always love your stuff my friend. A problem we have is an uneducated Fan Base who are generally petulant whiners. They almost remind me of rudderless populace that will follow anyone that tells them what they want to hear, yet dont have the smarts to determine whether what they are hearing is correct or incorrect (much how Hitler came to power in Germany!).
I like McDaniels….a lot. he has made some mistakes for sure, but he is smart, and as a coach myself, I like the way he plans LONG TERM and how he wears the failures on himself.
Its not his scheme, its a lack of players to carry it out. The plan relies on fundamentally sound football players not making mistakes and playing as a cog in the football machine. The problem we have is that McD and the coaches are teaching these footballing fundamentals almost as much as they are coaching scheme……one cog fails, the machine grinds to a halt. Thus the reason for WILD inconsistency. When the machine runs properly, we see the Chiefs game….its just getting that consistency!
NYBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Well, hello. Bob's your Information Minister Orange Mane Central Discussion 100 09-09-2010 06:41 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:42 PM.


Denver Broncos