The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Would you want to be the HC of the Denver Broncos?
Yes 19 55.88%
No 15 44.12%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-30-2010, 10:16 PM   #1
thecool
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Would you want to be the HC of the Denver Broncos?

Let's just say you are a prestigious NFL head coach now, sitting on the sidelines knowing you can land any coaching job you'd desire.

Would you actually want to coach the Denver Broncos based on what you know today about the fan base, media perception, etc?

Be realistic, and understand there is a chance of failure, slow start, not winning right away, etc.
thecool is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2010, 10:23 PM   #2
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

If I knew the first thing about being a HC....Of course.

Great city, great owner, winning tradition....WGAF if the short term prospects are a little jacked up?
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:28 PM   #3
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Hell no.... you guys here on the Mane can be brutal.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:31 PM   #4
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Without blinking. Being the coach of the Denver Broncos is one of the best jobs you can possibly have in the entire universe.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:32 PM   #5
worm
Great moments are born...

...from great opportunity

Adopt-a-Bronco:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Hell no.... you guys here on the Mane can be brutal.
You don't need to worry about the hypo, Blue. There won't ever be a female HC in the NFL.
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:32 PM   #6
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Without blinking. Being the coach of the Denver Broncos is one of the best jobs you can possibly have in the entire universe.
This.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:34 PM   #7
thecool
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Do not look @ this from a job perspective as some of you might compare your current situation to being a HC for the Denver Broncos.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:36 PM   #8
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Where is the hell no option
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:36 PM   #9
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm View Post
You don't need to worry about the hypo, Blue. There won't ever be a female HC in the NFL.
You're probably right... guess I'll just have to become fabulously wealthy and buy the team from Pat.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 11:12 PM   #10
Bronco Yoda

Absolutely!

But blue has a point. One of the first things I do is run a 24 hour denial of service on you guys.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 11:26 PM   #11
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Hell yeah. I would talk more **** than Rex Ryan and lose more games than Josh McDaniels, but I'd take that gig (and the paycheck that comes with it) in half a heartbeat.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 11:35 PM   #12
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Of course I would want that job. I would be horrible at it but the money would be good.

I would probably just let the asst coaches do everything and then hope it works out. My job would be to storm around cussing and chest bumping the players when they score.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 11:36 PM   #13
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

I'd take the job, trade two 1sts for Hillis and cut him just so I could log on to the Mane read the reaction.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:42 AM   #14
loborugger
lost in the ether

Did we finally get a FB???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Guaranteed salary... paid millions of dollars... pretty every time you do your job, you have a press conference to talk about your job... sounds not too shabby. If I completely flub it up (which is most likely assured), I settle back into obscurity with Bowlen's millions in my pocket.
loborugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:27 AM   #15
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by loborugger View Post
Guaranteed salary... paid millions of dollars... pretty every time you do your job, you have a press conference to talk about your job... sounds not too shabby. If I completely flub it up (which is most likely assured), I settle back into obscurity with Bowlen's millions in my pocket.
I bet it would be easier to the head coach then a coordinator. As head coach you could delegate and let other people actually do the work.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:30 AM   #16
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Absolutely. I'd be here every week so the true bronco fans could help me gameplan for Sunday as well as help me decide which color hoodie I should wear.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:40 AM   #17
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

I'd do it in a second. I'd do it now for free. And I'd do a better job than McDaniels.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:45 AM   #18
thecool
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

It seems as many of you can barely read with some of the responses. It shows how desperate you are for money rather then reading the question and thinking about what I'm really asking. This is a football forum not a financial dream forum. There was even a description in the post.

Anyways -

I know it's been said being coach of the Denver Broncos is 1 of the best jobs out there (not just in this thread, but when we had a vacant spot too)... how many actual HC's can you name that would back that statement up?

Josh McDaniels went on a 6-0 start, lost to the Ravens, then came home on Monday Night not only to hear criticism all over the radio stations of Denver, but only to have Broncos fans sell their tickets to the Steelers fans.

That's just an example.

All I'm asking is, based on the fact that you're a prestigious HC and could land other coaching spots.... would you really want to coach here?

Last edited by thecool; 12-01-2010 at 08:56 AM..
Old 12-01-2010, 08:54 AM   #19
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Hell no. While I think I could have made better personnel decisions than McDaniels(duh, my 5 year old nephew could do better than him), this team would lose every game by 30+ based on game planning alone.

It would be my dream job if I knew what I was doing. If I was the head coach, my ego would be so big that I wouldn't care what anyone said other than Bowlen. Also, many fans don't care about losing for a while as we rebuild. You don't give the fans much credit. The fans only expect wins after they think the coach needs to prove something after bringing a ton of drama and questionable decisions.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:21 AM   #20
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

I'd rather be the owner. He can't be fired.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:27 AM   #21
Broncomutt
Looking for

the Sunflower Samurai

Hell yeah! Not sure I'd be any good at it though.

Bowlen: Good morning men. I'd like to introduce your new head coach, Broncomutt.

Broncomutt: Thanks Pat. Good morning everyone. I'm looking forward to the upcoming season and looking for a good effort from each of you. Wow, this locker room is alot bigger than I imagined!

Bowlen: Uh, yes. State of the art. This is the NFL after all.

Broncomutt: It's beautiful! Anyway, we're going to be running a 4-3 scheme that...whoa, is that a foosball table?

Bowlen: I'll be in my office. If you need anything just give me a call. If you can't reach me, here's the number of my sponsor, he'll know what to do.

Broncomutt: Right. OK, so let's get started. I figured we'd split the defense and offense into 2 groups and start with some blocking drills.

Orton: Shouldn't we start with stretches or something?

Broncomutt: From now on, you stretch on your own time. At home, before you come to practice. Wait, is that a vodka gimlet in your hand?

Orton: No! It's....a....sports drink. Gatorade Extra Dry.

Bailey: Excuse me coach, are we wearing pads today?

Broncomutt: OMG, you're Champ Bailey!! I'm in the same locker room as the Champ Bailey!!

Bailey: Uh yeah. Nice to meet you coach.

Broncomutt: Wow, this is amazing! You're so awesome! You know, we actually met once before. It was in a New Orleans cafe back when you were still in DC. You came in with 4 of your friends and some ladies. Remember? I was your waiter....

Bailey: I--uh.....

Broncomutt: I was wearing a bow tie.

Bailey: I can't really--

Broncomutt: You ordered the crawfish etoufee.

Bailey: Um...sorry...I....

Broncomutt: When I dropped the bill, one of your friends asked "Who ordered the gratuity?"

Bailey: Um...yeah...now I think I remember...but....

Broncomutt: Yeah, I kept your credit card receipt so I could have your autograph. For the record, FBI frowns on that. Let that be a lesson to all of you by the way. Speaking of which, do you mind signing my hat, Champ?

Bailey: ...........

Broncomutt: ...err, after practice, of course.

Moss: Excuse me. I think I left a towel of mine in the shower when I cleared out last year. Wondering if I could....

Broncomutt: Get the **** out! We're all using your towel to wipe our asses now.

Moss: Keep it!

Broncomutt: That reminds me. Colquitt! Need to see you in my office. Bring your playbook. No offense, son, but our new philosophy is punting is for quitters.
Broncomutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:19 AM   #22
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

My first order of business would be to change the Bronco motto to: Oterint dum metuant

Of course, and you haven't seen nothing yet. My first week would consist mostly of hitting players who miss plays with a rubber chicken full of nickels and getting in fist fights with fans who think they know more than me.

I would change the defense to a 2-5 alignment, employing the 2 biggest black guys I can find in the greate Denver area in the middle and 5 linebackers. I am a ****ing visionary people!

On offense I would play with 2 RBs and 3WRs, I need skill on the field, skills pays the bills. We don't need runblocking as long as the defense doesn't know who has the ball.

4th down territory would be expanded to include the area between the end zones, the visitors locker room, the north end of the 16th street mall and my house.

I would fire Don Martindale and Mike Priefer, then rehire them and refire them because they both deserve to be fired more than once.

I would fire all scouts and evaluators and replace them with a few covert operatives, 3 would be dispatched to the Raiders and 3 to the Steelers. My draft strategy would be to rank players based on how high the are ranked by the Steelers and how low they are ranked by the Raiders. I would attempt to trade as many times as possible during the draft just to **** with mock drafters.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:29 AM   #23
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecool View Post
It seems as many of you can barely read with some of the responses. It shows how desperate you are for money rather then reading the question and thinking about what I'm really asking. This is a football forum not a financial dream forum. There was even a description in the post.

Anyways -

I know it's been said being coach of the Denver Broncos is 1 of the best jobs out there (not just in this thread, but when we had a vacant spot too)... how many actual HC's can you name that would back that statement up?

Josh McDaniels went on a 6-0 start, lost to the Ravens, then came home on Monday Night not only to hear criticism all over the radio stations of Denver, but only to have Broncos fans sell their tickets to the Steelers fans.

That's just an example.

All I'm asking is, based on the fact that you're a prestigious HC and could land other coaching spots.... would you really want to coach here?
There's no place I'd rather coach. Good fans, bad fans, booing fans, happy fans, critical fans...they boo and b**** because they care and they care because they're fans. Period. Comes with the territory. If you want an apathetic NFL fan base go to LA or Jacksonville.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:31 AM   #24
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
I would fire Don Martindale and Mike Priefer, then rehire them and refire them because they both deserve to be fired more than once.
Comedy gold. Yet stone cold truth.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:36 AM   #25
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

The best places to coach have rabid fans, swirling media and short tempers for production. Places like that keep you on your toes to do your best at all times. Unless you want to coach in Oakland. Anyway, I'd love the job.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote