The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2010, 06:27 PM   #1
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default Can I have Your Attention...Please

I don't start many threads here, and when I do they are generally to address the board in general, wishing happy thanksgivings and such and this one is no different. THis is a general plea to my fellow Bronco fans, please take the time to read it all.

Why are you all so mad? The Broncos are not very good, but you have no control over this, so why are you getting upset? Why are you people hating one another so vehemently over something that you could not possibly have any impact on?

Further, if you are so mad at this game, and this team, and this organization, why do you continue to watch? As a mad consumer, I refuse to give my business to companies who I deem to have done something that was against my wishes. It is the only way to hurt that company, so if you continue to watch a product you are not pleased with, that makes you, well, stupid. I don't mean to say that you are stupid people who continue to watch, but that you have made a stupid decision.

Also, if you are that emotional over a game, perhaps its time you step back and re-evaluate what is important in your life yes? There was a time when I came to the orange mane to talk about the Broncos with intelligent people. We would argue sure, but the level of hatred that is seen now was not there. Even during the Griese era which at the time I thought would be the most divisive thing in Bronco Country in my life time (silly me, that was tame to what was to follow). Now however, when I come here to the Orange Mane, a part of me dreads it. I keep hoping to find some of the magic that made this place great still lurking and, from time to time I do still find it, but it gets hidden by trolls. Not rival fan trolls, but our own Bronco kindred. Hating everything about the team - which is fine, though it makes me wonder what kind of person hates the team they root for but whatever - and hating other Bronco fans for disagreeing with them.

Seriously, I am pleading with you people, be rational, for one week. Have civil arguments and disagreements. Keep your cool. Talk football, analyze the problems AND the things that are working. Not everything on this team - or any team for that matter - is broken. There are some bright spots. I realize that many of you do not wish to see it, but for those that do, could you allow them to discuss it without being a nasty little twerp? And vice versa, for those that wish to discuss the merits of what is wrong, can those that only see a bright sunny future of this franchise please leave them to it? Perhaps, like in life, its best to avoid those that are different from you if you cannot get along, instead of trolling every thread and picking any fight you can.

I love this place, I have been a member here for 10 years and I have seen a great many changes take place. Good and bad. I have seen good posters come and go, and I have seen what used to be good posters turned into trolling troglodytes because they are incapable of accepting the fact that others have an opinion differing from their own. Before anyone decides "Hey **** you Alec/Rock Chalk/Adam, you are among the worst offenders" I conceed that, and allude to the fact that I too am part of that problem.

I dont mean for it to be all hunky dory and spring meadows in here, but the incessant trolling of both sides of any argument are becoming problematic and pushing this board to a place none of us want it to go. This USED to be the best place on the web for Broncos discussion. That time is now gone. Other sites have surpassed this place. I dont have the energy to invest into another community so Im stuck with this one and if it means I have to change my ways in the hopes of others changing theirs, then I will do that, because this is home for me and I dont want to live in a pig sty.

I know many of you will scoff at this, most probably won't even get to this part of the post. I hope you do, and I hope you stop and think about what you do here. This is our community and we need to self police it, clean it up. Our moderators are worthless, and that's no offense to them, they should not have to be baby sitters for us. We need to as a group, be a little more patient with each other, and a little less quick to insult one another...all of us. If you read this far, thank you, and please give it some thought.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2010, 06:28 PM   #2
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

This
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:38 PM   #3
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Ya it's time for all of us to lighten us and I mean you ass _ hole.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:38 PM   #4
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Long post is long.

DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:39 PM   #5
HooptyHoops
We need a DE

C'mon D

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Rock on Rock Chalk!
HooptyHoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:40 PM   #6
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Seriously Adam nice thoughts I will pitch in and help too.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:41 PM   #7
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
Long post is long.

Like my schlong...oh wait, clean it up
Old 11-30-2010, 06:43 PM   #8
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Thanks for the post man.
I totally understand it...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:43 PM   #9
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

The divisiveness will stop when the team is headed in the right direction and the product on the field improves.

Most of us are in shock right now, as we have never seen the team in this state, and for those who have, its been 40 years.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:45 PM   #10
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

I agree with this completely....I think with a lot of us its frustration, and not neccessarily anger.

The same arguments creep into every thread and it quickly dissolves. The hatred for McD is obviously the catalyst and its never going to stop. Listen, we all agree that there are a TON of problems with this team, and I would love it if we can talk about each one of them in different threads without the head coaching situation being brought up every single time. Obviously, he could be the problem and I think a lot of us are saying that he's screwed up a few things to a lot of things. If I had it my way every time threads started to dissolve into McPoopyPants vs. McD Followers the thread would be shut down. That can't happen though because there won't be a single thread left.

I also find it interesting that you can't say something about someone's family but you can call people gay in every other line.
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:45 PM   #11
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Preach it Rock Chalk.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:47 PM   #12
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

40 years? Hardly.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:48 PM   #13
milehighJC
Solid Starter

I wont say much here... Ive been a member here for a while too. I used to come here to read a lot... I learned a few things, and laughed a lot. I posted a little.

For what its worth, I've come here a lot this season, but more often than not, I read a few posts into a thread, then just close my browser. Im just not interested in watching people throw insults at each other. I am interested in whats happening to and with the Broncos. There still is a lot of insightful content here, its just buried in the BS. So I look for it, sometimes find it, but mostly not.

I still watch the Broncos every week, and for half of the home games I scream my fool head of in section 510. (BTW, KC was as much fun as I've had in a while). The current state of the team is not good. It will eventually get better. Trust me, even in their current state, things are better with the Broncos than the team I grew up with (I grew up in central Ohio, and went to school in Cincinnati. Go figure).

I used to think I wanted to find the OM crowd at a tailgate. I make a pretty mean green chile, but if the tailgate even slightly resembles the discourse here, I think Ill just wait for better days, and just go find my seat.

Count mine as a vote to tone it down too... but each to their own.

jc
milehighJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:51 PM   #14
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:51 PM   #15
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
The divisiveness will stop when the team is headed in the right direction and the product on the field improves.

Most of us are in shock right now, as we have never seen the team in this state, and for those who have, its been 40 years.
The year after Elway left the state of the Broncos was pretty bad man. The reason it doesnt seem like it was because we still had Shanahan which had yet to prove he couldn't do anything without a legend at QB and we just won a superbowl so euphoria overwhelmed the shock factor.

This season is a result of several mistakes by the coaches, players and a lot of bad luck. Parity keeps things in perspective though. In a single season we can turn this around. There is not much separating winning teams from losing ones. The Jets, for example, could and probably should have lost 4 of the games they won, but they had some good fortune and lucky breaks on their side this year. We could and probably should have won at least 2, maybe even 3 of the games we lost.

Im not saying everything is fine, it certainly isn't, but I also see that things are not nearly as bad as they look on the surface. Does anyone think Sanchez, Bradford, or Garrard have all day to throw on us if Dumervil is healthy? No, probably not. We win those games. With the exception of the Raider fiasco, we have been pretty competetitve in games this year. We gotta find a way to win is all.

Injuries, inexperience at the coaching ranks and a score of bad bounces have left us where we are. Mad at each other.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:55 PM   #16
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Thanks for posting this. I said something similar in another thread. It's a game we watch on TV one day a week for five months and change. It's not worth getting so angry over.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:55 PM   #17
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Good thoughts, I appreciate the time it took to type it up.

Just have to take this team for what it is, nothing you can say or do will change it.

Just stick it out till things get fixed.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:57 PM   #18
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
The divisiveness will stop when the team is headed in the right direction
Problem is, there are multiple opinions on what the "right" direction is.

Yes, winning is the ultimate goal, but there are many ways to get there, and some people seem more interested in venting and attacking rather than being fair enough to weigh the negative with the positive.

This is a rough season. Those happen to sports teams.

Broncos fans need to suck it up and have a little faith in this great franchise.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:02 PM   #19
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

/rolls eyes

Why can't we just all get along? Because, we're human. It's too easy to talk about sports on a fan board when things are going well, anyways.
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:02 PM   #20
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

tldr
Ratboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:03 PM   #21
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Mock is dead, and Alec is posting "voice of reason" style posts that contain no swear words.

I'm heading for the bunker before the scorpion locusts start swarming.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:03 PM   #22
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by WABronco View Post
/rolls eyes

Why can't we just all get along? Because, we're human. It's too easy to talk about sports on a fan board when things are going well, anyways.
Yeah Im not talking about getting along, Im not a dreamer. Im talking about toning it down. But whatever, if you can't respect that then you can't respect that.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:04 PM   #23
orinjkrush

Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude,

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ben Garland

good post you dumb ****ing ass kissing *** boy humper **** eating ****weed.

umm, did that bleep out?
orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:04 PM   #24
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

We're 3-8, who can get angry anymore?

I am at the point of laughter when the Broncos play.
Ratboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:09 PM   #25
frerottenextelway
█████

█████

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██

The OrangeMane mascot:

frerottenextelway is offline   Reply With Quote