The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2010, 08:50 AM   #1
Ambiguous
Ask me about my title

Go fsck yourself San Diego.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default Josh McDaniels has another ghost

Josh McDaniels has another ghost

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on November 30, 2010, 10:05 AM EST

Troubling statements continue to come out of the Broncos organization about Josh McDaniels.

When owner Pat Bowlen isn’t vacillating about McD’s future, co-workers of the beleaguered head coach talk out of turn about him through the media. Someone within the organization spoke to Michael Silver of Yahoo! about the root of McDaniels’ problems.

“If he treated people right, everybody’d just keep their mouths shut. But when you treat people like a piece of [expletive], this is what happens,” the source said.

More:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...another-ghost/
Ambiguous is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2010, 08:57 AM   #2
TheProfessor
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

As much as I do not like him as our coach, this is hard to watch.

It would be more merciful at this point just to fire the poor kid.
TheProfessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:06 AM   #3
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I agree it's getting where it's mean spirited. He's not "stupid" he's not "evil" it's not like he is enjoying losing or trying to lose. He just doesn't know what to do and is doing his best. I doubt he'll figure it out in the short term. It's one of those things where the harder he tries the more things blow up in his face. I will never hate Josh because I truly believe he wanted the Broncos to do well and did what he believed would help. He had a clear vision and attacked it to the best of his ability. At the end of the day, it is looking like he was just wrong. Can't hate someone for that.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:10 AM   #4
colonelbeef
Lets be friend

Elway is the new Jerry West

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I agree it's getting where it's mean spirited. He's not "stupid" he's not "evil" it's not like he is enjoying losing or trying to lose. He just doesn't know what to do and is doing his best. I doubt he'll figure it out in the short term. It's one of those things where the harder he tries the more things blow up in his face. I will never hate Josh because I truly believe he wanted the Broncos to do well and did what he believed would help. He had a clear vision and attacked it to the best of his ability. At the end of the day, it is looking like he was just wrong. Can't hate someone for that.
There is a right way to go about things, and a wrong way. Either everyone else is wrong, or Josh is.

I think at this point it's pretty clear who the antagonist has been in Denver.

Even McDaniels' strongest supporters should have realized this when Nolan left out of nowhere
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:12 AM   #5
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Unfortunately, Josh will learn a lot from this disaster and it will make him a much better coach - somewhere else.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:13 AM   #6
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

I'll I doubt he has more ghosts. More likely just the same talking to someone else.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:13 AM   #7
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

or... a better coach in Denver in his 3rd season with new coaches around him and hopefully a real GM that avoids hair gel and terrible goatees.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:15 AM   #8
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
He doesn't have any vision..That's the problem. I never seen a new coach completely change the coaches, player's in couple of years.
In his first press conference, he told that he will build solid and smart football team. Yet, he select player's like Quinn, A.smith, Maroney, Moreno that keeps committing mistakes. He drafts DT(always injured) and Tebow(a project) in first round. He should have concentrated on defense.

Also, his play calling sucks..I don't like Moreno pick..But, he was doing well and suddenly in past couple of games..What did Mcd do..he abandon the running game and we keep throwing the ball..
It's better for everyone that he gets fired.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:16 AM   #9
Jesterhole
Ring of Famer

Ridin' the McFailboat...

I think the amount of leaks coming out is a sign of just how unhappy the staff is. Word is that he took them all in front of Bowlen and lambasted them after one of the losses. Don't do that to the guys you need to support you.
Jesterhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:16 AM   #10
colonelbeef
Lets be friend

Elway is the new Jerry West

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Unfortunately, Josh will learn a lot from this disaster and it will make him a much better coach - somewhere else.
I have yet to see why people think he will be such an amazing head coach anywhere.

Dude can't get 11 on the field with regularity, makes zero in game adjustments, and is regularly outcoached after the first few series until prevent D in garbage time comes a knockin.

He is terrible in dealing with players, his coaching staff, and has no eye for talent.

He is good at the slant passing game. This makes him a decent QB coach, or mayyyyybe OC with the right OL and QB in place- nothing more.
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:22 AM   #11
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelbeef View Post
I have yet to see why people think he will be such an amazing head coach anywhere.

Dude can't get 11 on the field with regularity, makes zero in game adjustments, and is regularly outcoached after the first few series until prevent D in garbage time comes a knockin.

He is terrible in dealing with players, his coaching staff, and has no eye for talent.

He is good at the slant passing game. This makes him a decent QB coach, or mayyyyybe OC with the right OL and QB in place- nothing more.
yep..it's amazing that people think he might become good coach.
I watch all our games..He looks lost on the sidelines once other team takes the lead..He totally changes his game plan(even we are trailing by one point) and we keep passing the ball on all downs.

He reminds me of Lane Kiffin(attitude wise).
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:25 AM   #12
missingnumber7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tyrone Braxton

I don't remember if I have ever seen a coaching staff fall apart like this before. I definately see the potential for that to happen in KC with a bad season. But the problem here is its not like Bowlen can fire McDaniels...who on the staff is going to be the interim HC? There isn't anyone thats got the potential.
missingnumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:27 AM   #13
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelbeef View Post

I didn't say "amazing" coach. I said "a better" coach.

Reading. It's a neglected art.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:28 AM   #14
TheProfessor
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingnumber7 View Post
I don't remember if I have ever seen a coaching staff fall apart like this before. I definately see the potential for that to happen in KC with a bad season. But the problem here is its not like Bowlen can fire McDaniels...who on the staff is going to be the interim HC? There isn't anyone thats got the potential.
Fortunately he didn't set the bar too high.

I'm pretty sure anyone on the staff could match the raiders/chagers effort.

Hell keith burns being the head guy for a couple of weeks would be entertaining.
TheProfessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:29 AM   #15
Mile High Shack
Ring of Famer

Cock-a-doodle-do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I didn't say "amazing" coach. I said "a better" coach.

Reading. It's a neglected art.
I agree with you

we were his on the job training.....he'll learn from all his mistakes and IF he get another chance, I think he will do well
Mile High Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:33 AM   #16
PRBronco
_never forget_

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth

Just our luck...finding the only employee in America who complains about his boss.
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:40 AM   #17
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBronco View Post
Just our luck...finding the only employee in America who complains about his boss.

This "quote" is already out there, btw. Wasn't new.

I'm just waiting for one single person... present or past... to go on record as saying one single negative thing about him.

Again, I'm 100% open to the idea that McD (or any head coach) could be a pain in the ass.

He must have dealt with hundreds of people, past and present. I'm just asking to see ONE of them go on record as saying anything.

Thus far, we've got ghost-quotes that seemed to arise just as this story broke and people were fighting each other to cover it.

McDaniels may very well be the tyrant some people think.

Hence, it shouldn't be hard to find someone to even hint at it on record.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:40 AM   #18
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Failure an Option for this team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
He is way too young and inexperienced to be a HC.

I actually think that if he didn't panic so much and just stuck with his inital philosophy the team would be much better than it currently is.

Everything from:
abandoning the run game early
Not knowing/trying to script plays
letting injury take you out of your base D (Play what your backups practiced in TC!)
Thinking In Game adjustments are overrated
Filling his staff with cheats who don't think twice about cheating
Not being able to motivate players
Not being able to adapt his scheme to players talents
The 2009 draft

He is just too stuborn right now to adapt to change.

He said in the last presser that they wanted to contain Jackson last week, it worked well but when Bradford started slinging the ball he didn't allow the D to adapt because he didn't want Jackson to run on them and he didn't think a rookie could put up 35 points on his ass.

A good HC has to be able to adapt to changes in the game as they occur or he is going to lose. The above explains why the Pats lost their last SB, mCd didn't want to change his protections and the Giants creamed Brady all game long.

If he doesn't figure out how to adapt or tweak his O or D as the game goes along then he does not deserve to be an HC or even OC for that matter.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:42 AM   #19
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
He is way too young and inexperienced to be a HC.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:43 AM   #20
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post

I'm just waiting for one single person... present or past... to go on record as saying one single negative thing about him.
That isn't going to happen until the people involved aren't working for him anymore.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:45 AM   #21
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
The alleged quotes that are leaking certainly paint him in a way that says "I deserve this 10x over"
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:47 AM   #22
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
That isn't going to happen until the people involved aren't working for him anymore.
True but I wonder how much of this is one disgruntled person or a whole faction. The media is dissecting everything that is said/reacted to so it's hard to get a handle....

the only thing I know is a few wins against the AFC West would be ideal for the team right now.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:47 AM   #23
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Nolan, dennison, Turner all worked for him and all no longer work for him. None of those guys seems particularly coy about mincing words either. Nolan most notably. Yet none of them have said anything.

I'm not leaning one way or another on how McD acts or treats people. Just pointing out the flaw in your argument.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:47 AM   #24
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post

This "quote" is already out there, btw. Wasn't new.

Again, I'm 100% open to the idea that McD (or any head coach) could be a pain in the ass.

He must have dealt with hundreds of people, past and present. I'm just asking to see ONE of them go on record as saying anything.

Thus far, we've got ghost-quotes that seemed to arise just as this story broke and people were fighting each other to cover it.

McDaniels may very well be the tyrant some people think.

Hence, it shouldn't be hard to find someone to even hint at it on record.
No one that is currently working for him will ever go on record. They would lose their jobs and have a hard time finding another if they were known to blast their boss in the media. As for guys like Nolan, many of them have way more class than you give them credit for. Even if someone is a complete douche, it isn't classy to go tell the world that.

You are ridiculous though. We have had a ton of drama since Josh took over. Josh is the common factor in all of the drama and you still are asking for proof of it? Wtf?
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:51 AM   #25
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast

I've defended him from day one. And now I'm having trouble remembering my reasons.

If he is a "great OC", where is the evidence? I think his playcalling borders on dunderheadedness.
DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote