The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2010, 11:33 PM   #1
llayne
Solid Starter

Default Logical moves

Let me be the first to say, I think Mcd might become a great coach. I have heard too much of his inability to foster relationships and promote collaboration among his staff for me to think that he will become a great head coach or leader. I think he is well prepared and works hard, but I think he has tried applying too much of a military dictatorship. Shanny was accused of that, but also of being soft.

I, nor anyone else here know everything that is going on. But, if the rumors of him parading his coaches in front of Bowlen are true than he has issues. He either needs to find a way to adjust or he will not last in this league. All other coaches seem to dislike him. Not a good sign. I think the man is methodical, but I think his lack of judgement in how to treat people is either something he inherented from his family or his some stigma he has. He needs to learn to take criticism or otherwise he will fail. He is no Alexander or Ceaser on the football field.

So where am I going with this? I am not sure. THe offense with a healthy line next year might be scary. It depends on the growth of the rookies, but it seems(correct me if wrong) that a lot of lineman have a positive jump from their first to second year. That could bold well. However, I think for this team to have a legit chance next year Orton or Tebow need to be traded, preferably Orton. One of them needs to be the future going forward, and I think it be should Tebow. First of all we need the draft resources. I think two thirds or a second and forth would be realistic compensation. Secondly, with only one QB the attention and focus of the coaches can be better utilized.

To date Mcd has shot about 50 percent in the off season. This year he bombed. Green was a waste of money. Jamal was a risk, and so far has not been what is needed. I would have been ok with these signing if we had gotten the big fella from Alabama. I am not sure how he is doing now with the Ravens, but he would provided a boost here. I thought that after signing these players that we would draft plenty of defensive lineman in the draft. Instead we got Tebow(jury is out). I thought it was a waste of resources, but I also did not feel that Orton is the answer. I still do not. As someone alluded to his on field leadership seems lacking, even if he has locker room popularity. A QB needs to often be the leader of the franchise for the team to be successful. Not sure why, but it seems like a need.

Mcd biggest failure was the 09 draft. He was too aggressive and inexperienced. I like Knowshown okay, but I never like drafting a running back that high. Front seven and the trenches on offense is where I like to see premium picks use. Those guys can cover up a lot. His lack of patience after stating that they grade players out on a two year basses is just ridiculous in relation to Alphoenso Smith. (By the way, Does Tony Sheffler get playing time with the lions these days?). Quinn was another mistake. I would have perfeared seeing them trun a lot of those picks into future picks for when he had his scouting team in place. Aryes looks like the only good pick, and lets remember he had some issues his rookie year, though we saw the progress he made and the potential once he stopped thinking.

That being said, this years rookie class looks promising and could build a foundation much like I thought our J. Cutler draft class would. D. Thomas can become a potent force. Him and Tebow could be a scary combination(going deep while scrambling). Tebow is also a leader that will try and will his team to victory and he has, though not on this level. The fact is that he is use to putting a team on his back and pushing players. This is needed.

I am not sure where I am. The offense is n a okay place. the defense needs help: youth should be inserted. I do not think Dawkins will be here next year, though I hoped he would be our Rodney Harrison and be some sort of ageless wonder.

I hope we go 100 percent D in the draft and if not...I will have major worries about this team. IF we do, I think there is a chance we can be good. Most NFL games come down to a few key plays, but that has not been the case with the Broncos of recent. They have plane been bad. I don't care if 12 plays led to X yards. They have been dominated. This is not a case of bad bounces or one or two big passes, or one or two bad calls. The defense needs a Sherman, a general Lee type fix.

I am sorry for the rambling.

The problem is that a new coach means new rebuliding and that is almost never instant success. This has been discussed in other threads.
llayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2010, 06:48 AM   #2
jmz313
Ring of Famer

The Denver Broncos Finally hit rock bottom, its time for the total rebuild.
jmz313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:56 AM   #3
Lev Vyvanse
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by llayne View Post
Let me be the first to say, I think Mcd might become a great coach.
That's fair lets read the next sentence:

Quote:
I have heard too much of his inability to foster relationships and promote collaboration among his staff for me to think that he will become a great head coach or leader.
Well now I'm just confused.
Lev Vyvanse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:48 AM   #4
llayne
Solid Starter

He might be a great coach as far as X' and O's is really what I should have said. I right now doubt his leadership ability. You need both.
llayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:19 AM   #5
missingnumber7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tyrone Braxton

Quote:
Let me be the first to say, I think Mcd might become a great coach. I have heard too much of his inability to foster relationships and promote collaboration among his staff for me to think that he will become a great head coach or leader. I think he is well prepared and works hard, but I think he has tried applying too much of a military dictatorship. Shanny was accused of that, but also of being soft.
I stopped reading here. I really think that he gets frantic if they don't have a lead after the first quarter and he goes into all out panic mode. Read this as give up on the run.

57 points in the 1st quarter last year.
45 points in the 1st quarter this year.

15 Games with 0 points in the 1st quarter
18 w/o a TD.

If you are well prepared you can find ways to score in the first quarter. After a bye week he figures out hey, find a weakness and exploit it with your first drive.
missingnumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote