The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2010, 02:05 PM   #1
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius
Default McDaniels' Monday Press Conference

He sounds really bummed out. Sounds like he is hurt by comments about/from his staff regarding internal discussions. Says he isn't going to follow up on it or chase after who said what or what was said... but you could tell it stung him.

Could also sense that he was frustrated with players being out of position and/or not doing their jobs. Basically said that it takes all 11 doing what the play calls for and if someone isn't doing their job the play will break down and that is what we're seeing, specifically on defense.

12 plays went for 279 yards, likened that to the 3rd and long situations on offense and was the reason things went the way they did during yesterday's game.

Sounds like the game plan was focused on stopping Steven Jackson and that they didn't adjust to the passing game b/c they didn't want to allow Steven Jackson to get going and burn them in the running game. Essentially, they were putting it on the rookie QB to beat them and they have coached him up well. (not a bad game plan IMO, but an adjustment wouldn't have been bad)

Started off by going through the injuries, out next week vs KC are Dawkins, DT, and Goodman. Not sure on McBath but hopeful. Gaffney, Mays, and Vickerson dinged up, but hopeful they will be a go for next week as well.

Said he is Human and not oblivious to all of the criticism that is being thrown his way. When asked about his job security he plainly stated that it was out of his control and that he would focus on what he could control. Said that he has no doubt he will continue to do the right things, coach harder and same with the staff and players.

I am left with the feeling that McD isn't a bad coach. In fact, I think he is a very smart and innovative coach. I think the best thing for him is to take some of the pressure off of him and surround him with talent. I think the organization should take the reins on hiring his coaching staff. He obviously should have some input into who his coaches will be but the final say needs to be someone above him. Same thing with player decisions. His job should be to coach whatever players are available to him and to manage his staff to create successful game plans. I know that Pat Bowlen's style or organizational structure has never really included a "shot calling" General Manager, but he needs that now more than ever. If he truly thinks that McD can be a good coach (which he seems to believe, as do I) then bring in the icon and let him be the franchise once again. That's right, John Elway could do more for Pat Bowlen, Josh McDaniels and the Denver Broncos than any other move. Too many questions if you fire McD. Who do you bring in to coach? How much do you invest in that coach? Do you run the risk of being too short fused? How will the current roster fit in with a new coach? Does Tebow have a future with whoever the new coach is? John Elway likes the direction this team is heading and would give the franchise some time with the fans. John Elway is an icon in Denver and fans would be more patient with him. Two years ago when we hired McD there was talk about Elway becoming a prominent figure amongst the front office. That obviously never came to fruition, and at the time I was happy it didn't. But now, I think the timing is right and it would certainly help ease the fan's displeasure with the entire organization. Plus, it would take pressure off of McD if popular/unpopular decisions were made, such as starting Tebow or some of the rookie corners and Wide Receivers. At this point even if McD wanted to start Tebow it wouldn't be well received by a number of the players who really do appear to favor Kyle Orton. I'm not saying that starting Tim Tebow will result in wins. I am saying that it will help to reinvigorate a fading fan base while preparing us for what needs to occur in the future... which may or may not include Josh McDaniels or Tim Tebow.

BRING BACK THE G.O.A.T!!!
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2010, 02:06 PM   #2
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...3-7e3f7b3051c9
Old 11-29-2010, 02:10 PM   #3
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post

12 plays went for 279 yards
Wow....Just, wow.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:10 PM   #4
Champagne Powder
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
He sounds really bummed out. Sounds like he is hurt by comments about/from his staff regarding internal discussions. Says he isn't going to follow up on it or chase after who said what or what was said... but you could tell it stung him.
Michael Silver of Yahoo chimes in.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...ningrush112910

You’ll be happy to know that I, too, talked to someone in the organization Sunday night who said, “If he treated people right, everybody’d just keep their mouths shut. But when you treat people like a piece of [expletive], this is what happens.”
Champagne Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:11 PM   #5
PRBronco
_never forget_

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth

Man, I really like Vickerson, hope he can get healthy.
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:12 PM   #6
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Get a proven strong GM and let him hire a new good DC and take over all personel moves and let McD coach
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:12 PM   #7
_Oro_
Formerly known as Casson

Don't run that sh*t this way.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
- R. Ayers

I thought we did a great job at stopping at the run. I would rather be destroyed by the passing game (St Louis) rather than the run game (Oakland). Anyway, our lack of a pass rush was painfully obvious and obviously the reason we lost the game. I still think that a healthy Doom is the difference in this game, the Jets game, and the Jags game.
_Oro_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:14 PM   #8
Mile High Shack
Ring of Famer

Cock-a-doodle-do

and by someone, he means the janitor
Mile High Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:15 PM   #9
MileHighMagic
Ho-Slayer

SAUCED

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dave Logan

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Oro_ View Post
I thought we did a great job at stopping at the run. I would rather be destroyed by the passing game (St Louis) rather than the run game (Oakland). Anyway, our lack of a pass rush was painfully obvious and obviously the reason we lost the game. I still think that a healthy Doom is the difference in this game, the Jets game, and the Jags game.
And Niners game.
MileHighMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:16 PM   #10
NYBronco
Ring of Famer

I like Josh and will continue to support him. Hopefully he will remain in Denver and weather all the drama, backstabbing and hurt feelings from all those around him. He has a tough job ahead of him but he's young and learning. Often times the hard way. He's going to be a good coach in this league, hopefully he can do that here with the Broncos.
NYBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:16 PM   #11
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Powder View Post

You’ll be happy to know that I, too, talked to someone in the organization Sunday night who said, “If he treated people right, everybody’d just keep their mouths shut. But when you treat people like a piece of [expletive], this is what happens.”
This is exactly right
Old 11-29-2010, 02:16 PM   #12
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:

holy hell

that kids is what we in the biz call

not good

this one stings to read...

Quote:
And to Bowlen and chief operating officer Joe Ellis – and everyone else in the Denver organization who has been negatively impacted by this embarrassment – I extend my deepest sympathies. There are jobs on the line, all right, and if McDaniels’ position isn’t one of them, the Broncos are pro football’s most gullible organization.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:17 PM   #13
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:

This is true because I saw Michael Silver talking to someone on the lightrail.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:18 PM   #14
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

"Doesn't play well with others."

He better make the most out of these next five games because it's the last HC job he's going to get for awhile.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:21 PM   #15
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

A healthy Doom would help but you need more than one player that can create pressure. One player can be contained or game planned around. The true key to success is having players in the middle that can push a QB into untimely throws or get the sacks themselves. We need guys in the middle that can make a play. DL, ILBs, and Safeties. I love Champ Bailey, but if the Broncos decided they were going to use his $10-12m a year on a premier player at DT or Safety, I wouldn't complain one bit.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:23 PM   #16
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
A healthy Doom would help but you need more than one player that can create pressure. One player can be contained or game planned around. The true key to success is having players in the middle that can push a QB into untimely throws or get the sacks themselves. We need guys in the middle that can make a play. DL, ILBs, and Safeties. I love Champ Bailey, but if the Broncos decided they were going to use his $10-12m a year on a premier player at DT or Safety, I wouldn't complain one bit.
I think Bailey's gone when he can
Old 11-29-2010, 02:25 PM   #17
bronco_diesel
giddy-up

you can take this for what it is worth…

over the holiday, I get together with extended family, most who I only see once or twice a year.

one of the family members (by marriage) has a job which puts him in the path of bronco’s players fairly regularly.

he stated the players he has spoken with absolutely do not like McD and do not trust him - and from his understanding, this was fairly consistent for all the players.

I cannot verify his comments are accurate, but I don’t see why he would lie to me.
bronco_diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:28 PM   #18
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
The bigger question I have if we let Champ Bailey go, is his replacement good enough to be a starting CB in the NFL. Can Perrish Cox take over? I don't know if he is fully ready yet.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:30 PM   #19
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

My cat told me Josh hangs around the abortion clinic eating unborn fetus's souls.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:31 PM   #20
kamakazi_kal

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mayhem Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
The bigger question I have if we let Champ Bailey go, is his replacement good enough to be a starting CB in the NFL. Can Perrish Cox take over? I don't know if he is fully ready yet.
wouldn't it be Alphonso Smith ..... errr ...
kamakazi_kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:31 PM   #21
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco_diesel View Post
you can take this for what it is worth…

over the holiday, I get together with extended family, most who I only see once or twice a year.

one of the family members (by marriage) has a job which puts him in the path of bronco’s players fairly regularly.

he stated the players he has spoken with absolutely do not like McD and do not trust him - and from his understanding, this was fairly consistent for all the players.

I cannot verify his comments are accurate, but I don’t see why he would lie to me.
Is he a bartender or a cop?
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:34 PM   #22
bronco_diesel
giddy-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Is he a bartender or a cop?
. good one.
bronco_diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:34 PM   #23
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

As Ross Perot used to say, "That's just sad."
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:34 PM   #24
PRBronco
_never forget_

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamakazi_kal View Post
wouldn't it be Alphonso Smith ..... errr ...
Nice one. He tried to address a position of need by taking an accomplished collegiate player in the draft, but it didn't work out. Bazinga.
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:37 PM   #25
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBronco View Post
Nice one. He tried to address a position of need by taking an accomplished collegiate player in the draft, but it didn't work out. Bazinga.

Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote