The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Do you approve of the job that Josh McDaniels is doing as head coach of the Broncos?
Yes 3 3.33%
No 87 96.67%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-28-2010, 06:06 PM   #1
Champagne Powder
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default McDaniels: Post Week 12 Approval Rating

Jim Saccomanno and his PR minions read this board. Let them know how you feel!

Last edited by Champagne Powder; 11-28-2010 at 06:09 PM..
Champagne Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2010, 06:12 PM   #2
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

No doesn't quite cover it. And yes shouldn't be an option.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 06:15 PM   #3
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

If the Bronco's FO really reads this board please hire an HC who has been on multiple NFL franchises with decade(s) of experience and if under 40 a guy who has at least been HC somewhere else.

If you really want a young 1st time HC then give him a strong GM and solid NFL DC/OC's who are at the top of the game.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 06:17 PM   #4
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
If the Bronco's FO really reads this board please hire an HC who has been on multiple NFL franchises with decade(s) of experience and if under 40 a guy who has at least been HC somewhere else.

If you really want a young 1st time HC then give him a strong GM and solid NFL DC/OC's who are at the top of the game.
Marty, Wade and GM Elway
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 06:20 PM   #5
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

You guys don't realize that firing McDaniels will set this organization back further than its already been set back. Right now we are a defense away from being competitive. Fire McDaniels than we are a offense and defense away from being competitive. Orton under McDaniels has been good not great but good lets give McDaniels a chance with Tebow, because Tebow has got the IT factor and it could be big, if we fire McDaniels who knows if the next coach is going to want to go with Tebow so not only are we throwing away a draft pick but we are throwing away a potential find at the QB position.

look what he did with Cassel and Orton.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 06:21 PM   #6
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
You guys don't realize that firing McDaniels will set this organization back further than its already been set back. Right now we are a defense away from being competitive. Fire McDaniels than we are a offense and defense away from being competitive. Orton under McDaniels has been good not great but good lets give McDaniels a chance with Tebow, because Tebow has got the IT factor and it could be big, if we fire McDaniels who knows if the next coach is going to want to go with Tebow so not only are we throwing away a draft pick but we are throwing away a potential find at the QB position.

Keep f--king that chicken.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:22 PM   #7
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

We are a competent front office, head coach, defense, and special teams away from being competitive.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:23 PM   #8
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:

I hope you are joking..
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 06:43 PM   #9
Don Flamenco
Perennial Pro-bowler

I gues popps hasn't seen this thread yet
Don Flamenco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 06:59 PM   #10
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

.. who's the one guy that said yes!!!
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 07:01 PM   #11
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

No I don't approve. But I don't want to through him out yet.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 07:01 PM   #12
wolf754life
Anti Homer Board Director

Sunshine and Rainbows Fanboys

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jack Del erious

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinjames View Post
you guys don't realize that firing mcdaniels will set this organization back further than its already been set back. Right now we are a defense away from being competitive. Fire mcdaniels than we are a offense and defense away from being competitive. Orton under mcdaniels has been good not great but good lets give mcdaniels a chance with tebow, because tebow has got the it factor and it could be big, if we fire mcdaniels who knows if the next coach is going to want to go with tebow so not only are we throwing away a draft pick but we are throwing away a potential find at the qb position.

Look what he did with cassel and orton.
wrong
wolf754life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 07:10 PM   #13
FantomForce
Long live the Mane!

The Incredible BULK!

Where is the *****, HELL, SH*T NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! option
FantomForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 07:12 PM   #14
bombay
Ring of Famer

He asked to be judged by wins and losses.

At this time, though, there probably won't be a 2011 season, so let him finish this one out.
bombay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 07:16 PM   #15
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
He asked to be judged by wins and losses.

At this time, though, there probably won't be a 2011 season, so let him finish this one out.
Great point... best point i have seen yet in this thread
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 07:45 PM   #16
epa86b@netzero
Seasoned Veteran

I want to give the man a sympathy "YES" vote. When hiring a new coach in three years, you would realistically expect a bad, a decent, and a good season. Well he has used up his bad and decent season already.

The team has shown flashes of complementary football.

A couple things bother me about the team under McD. 1. He does not really value the running game, which he should have used more frequently today. 2. Turnovers & lack of creating TO, and 3. Penalties.

Loses this yr. three blowouts (I included the Baltimore game since they whipped us., three within 1 possession

L 17-24
L 13-27
L 17-31
L 20-24
L 14-59
L 16-24
L 14-35
L 33-36
epa86b@netzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 07:45 PM   #17
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Well I think he's done a good job, we've had some ups and downs and some rocky times, could happen to anyone, but overall I think he has this team headed in the right direction. Give him another offseason or two, and I think we will be Super Bowl contenders.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 07:48 PM   #18
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

One vote of approval? Nice try Mrs. McDaniels!
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 07:49 PM   #19
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by epa86b@netzero View Post
I want to give the man a sympathy "YES" vote. When hiring a new coach in three years, you would realistically expect a bad, a decent, and a good season. Well he has used up his bad and decent season already.

The team has shown flashes of complementary football.

A couple things bother me about the team under McD. 1. He does not really value the running game, which he should have used more frequently today. 2. Turnovers & lack of creating TO, and 3. Penalties.

Loses this yr. three blowouts (I included the Baltimore game since they whipped us., three within 1 possession

L 17-24
L 13-27
L 17-31
L 20-24
L 14-59
L 16-24
L 14-35
L 33-36
wow 2003 sign up date
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 08:06 PM   #20
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
You guys don't realize that firing McDaniels will set this organization back further than its already been set back.

I just don't see this at all. We have a bad foundation mixed with bad coaching. If we were at .500, I could easily go for the "it's just bad luck" mantra and blame it on injuries. Coaching the match-ups is the great equalizer there, and quite frankly, that doesn't appear to be happening with this team. It seems that rather than taking the match-ups that favor us, we just go out there, run the script, and then Josh just shoots from the hip the rest of the game trying to find something, anything that will work, and then once he does, he does the same thing again and again and again until the other team takes it away for good. It's poor set-up and poor delivery.

Game planning for this coaching staff is very suspect. We should have more wins than this in a parity driven league. Even with injuries and talent holes, good game planning and coaching the match-ups should make a difference on game day. If we're going to sit here and wait for everything to go right, we're going to be sitting for a long time.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 08:14 PM   #21
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I just don't see this at all. We have a bad foundation mixed with bad coaching. If we were at .500, I could easily go for the "it's just bad luck" mantra and blame it on injuries. Coaching the match-ups is the great equalizer there, and quite frankly, that doesn't appear to be happening with this team. It seems that rather than taking the match-ups that favor us, we just go out there, run the script, and then Josh just shoots from the hip the rest of the game trying to find something, anything that will work, and then once he does, he does the same thing again and again and again until the other team takes it away for good. It's poor set-up and poor delivery.

Game planning for this coaching staff is very suspect. We should have more wins than this in a parity driven league. Even with injuries and talent holes, good game planning and coaching the match-ups should make a difference on game day. If we're going to sit here and wait for everything to go right, we're going to be sitting for a long time.
McD's biggest failing seems to be that he never got a chance to work for anyone other than Belechick before becoming a HC, so he hasn't yet learned that you can still win in this league without doing everything exactly as it's done in NE. both Matt Cassel and Mangini have admitted that once they learned that lesson, they found themselves better equipped to find success in KC and CLE respectively. this came straight from interviews on the CBS NFL pregame show a couple of weeks ago.

McD should not be in control everything as a first time HC. get him a REAL GM and relieve him from those duties and he might grow into a decent HC here, but i'm afraid maybe the damage is already done here.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 08:19 PM   #22
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
McD's biggest failing seems to be that he never got a chance to work for anyone other than Belechick before becoming a HC, so he hasn't yet learned that you can still win in this league without doing everything exactly as it's done in NE. both Matt Cassel and Mangini have admitted that once they learned that lesson, they found themselves better equipped to find success in KC and CLE respectively. this came straight from interviews on the CBS NFL pregame show a couple of weeks ago.

McD should not be in control everything as a first time HC. get him a REAL GM and relieve him from those duties and he might grow into a decent HC here, but i'm afraid maybe the damage is already done here.
Pretty much
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 10:40 PM   #23
uplink
Ring of Famer

some funny stuff on this site
http://www.joshmcdanielssucks.com/
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:31 AM   #24
Jesterhole
Ring of Famer

Ridin' the McFailboat...

lol, 73-2. Let me guess....Baja and Popps?
Jesterhole is offline   Reply With Quote