The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2010, 02:40 PM   #1
colonelbeef
Lets be friend
 
colonelbeef's Avatar
 
Elway is the new Jerry West

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 3,883

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe
Default Get Gruden to be HC, Kubiak as OC once he is fired in Houston

Gruden loves Tebow, maybe he can make something of him. Gruden knows the AFC West, hates the Raiders with a passion, and knows all about Denver and the importance of a running game and stout defense.

Kubiak will be looking to rebound- what better place to re-establish himself than in Denver?

Perfect fits all around.
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2010, 02:43 PM   #2
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 16,143

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default

So has Chuckie said he would want Kubes for an OC? Or do we just force feed him to him?
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 02:44 PM   #3
colonelbeef
Lets be friend
 
colonelbeef's Avatar
 
Elway is the new Jerry West

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 3,883

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
So has Chuckie said he would want Kubes for an OC? Or do we just force feed him to him?
I'm daydreaming here....

It makes sense on paper though
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 02:52 PM   #4
snowspot66
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,785
Default

I'd be ok with Kubiak as the OC. Don't like Gruden as the H.C.
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 02:53 PM   #5
broncoblue
english not british!!
 
broncoblue's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: nr blackburn ,england
Posts: 3,729
Default

homer frigging simpson could do a better job than what we have now ...embarassing again.
broncoblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 02:54 PM   #6
frerottenextelway
█████
 
frerottenextelway's Avatar
 
█████

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: █████
Posts: 8,425

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██
Default

Bring in Hayden Fox.
frerottenextelway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 02:55 PM   #7
colonelbeef
Lets be friend
 
colonelbeef's Avatar
 
Elway is the new Jerry West

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 3,883

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowspot66 View Post
I'd be ok with Kubiak as the OC. Don't like Gruden as the H.C.
How come? He has won, is passionate, and he loves Tebow....
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 02:57 PM   #8
Rigs11
Ring of Famer
 
Rigs11's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 8,589
Default

Bring in Cowher to betchslap the p***Ys on this team.
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 03:00 PM   #9
HEAV
Ring of Famer
 
HEAV's Avatar
 
It's about the Team

Join Date: May 2003
Location: The Ville
Posts: 12,040

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins
Default

Russ Grimm
Mike Nolan
Brian Schottenheimer
Charlie Weis
Ron Rivera

That's my list.
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 03:00 PM   #10
rugbythug
Church Eyes.
 
rugbythug's Avatar
 
Salty Dog

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,056

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller
Default

Dom Capers
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 03:04 PM   #11
Homer Simpson
╭∩╮⎝⋋⏝⋌⎠╭∩╮
 
Homer Simpson's Avatar
 
...speak up, I'm wearing a toga

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Springfield
Posts: 765

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Fone Bone
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncoblue View Post
homer frigging simpson could do a better job than what we have now ...embarassing again.
I could!
Homer Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 03:04 PM   #12
Natedog24
Ring of Famer
 
Natedog24's Avatar
 
Win The Day

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 2,201

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

If the internet rumor mill is correct then Gruden is already off the coaching market and on his way to Miami U...
Natedog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 03:05 PM   #13
snowspot66
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,785
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelbeef View Post
How come? He has won, is passionate, and he loves Tebow....
That's the only thing that might make me ok with him. Other than that though I think he's been highly over rated because he won a Super Bowl and is currently unemployed but on TV every week.

He won a Super Bowl yes. But he didn't build that team. And it went into the toilet pretty quick. He's only had three or four seasons with over ten wins.

In the end he may be the best available option. I don't know what OC's/DC's are out there on the track to be a head coach. If we can't find a quality one then I would be accepting of Gruden. But I definitely do not want to just hand him the job. I think he just looks good because we're all desperate and he's getting lots of pretty face time while he doesn't coach (he gets to say all the right things on national television).
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 03:06 PM   #14
snowspot66
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,785
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAV View Post
Russ Grimm
Mike Nolan
Brian Schottenheimer
Charlie Weis
Ron Rivera

That's my list.
You know. I think I'd like it if we went after him. That'd be a trip wouldn't it.
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 03:08 PM   #15
HEAV
Ring of Famer
 
HEAV's Avatar
 
It's about the Team

Join Date: May 2003
Location: The Ville
Posts: 12,040

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowspot66 View Post
You know. I think I'd like it if we went after him. That'd be a trip wouldn't it.
Look at what he has done with Sanchez. Russ Grimm is just a hard nose coach. Nolan has been class...pure class in the NFL.
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 03:10 PM   #16
broncoblue
english not british!!
 
broncoblue's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: nr blackburn ,england
Posts: 3,729
Default

MY
y list is Elway
Elway and er Elway
broncoblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 03:11 PM   #17
snowspot66
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,785
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAV View Post
Look at what he has done with Sanchez. Russ Grimm is just a hard nose coach. Nolan has been class...pure class in the NFL.
Having Marty on our side wouldn't be a bad thing either. Guy could never win anything but man he could build a team.
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 03:30 PM   #18
Ambiguous
Ask me about my title
 
Ambiguous's Avatar
 
Go fsck yourself San Diego.

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,887

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncoblue View Post
MY
y list is Elway
Elway and er Elway
Drinking?
Ambiguous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 03:35 PM   #19
Dudeskey
Ring of Famer
 
Dudeskey's Avatar
 
This space for rent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 4,310
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelbeef View Post
How come? He has won, is passionate, and he loves Tebow....
He doesn't love Tebow, he loves QB's. We'd better clear like 6 roster spots to satisfy his QB fetish
Dudeskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 03:43 PM   #20
lostknight
In The Arena
 
lostknight's Avatar
 
ohwaitwtf

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,336

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Mike Nolan (second runs usually work well for head coaches),
Marty Schottenheimer,
Urban Meyer
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 03:48 PM   #21
colonelbeef
Lets be friend
 
colonelbeef's Avatar
 
Elway is the new Jerry West

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 3,883

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowspot66 View Post
That's the only thing that might make me ok with him. Other than that though I think he's been highly over rated because he won a Super Bowl and is currently unemployed but on TV every week.

He won a Super Bowl yes. But he didn't build that team. And it went into the toilet pretty quick. He's only had three or four seasons with over ten wins.

In the end he may be the best available option. I don't know what OC's/DC's are out there on the track to be a head coach. If we can't find a quality one then I would be accepting of Gruden. But I definitely do not want to just hand him the job. I think he just looks good because we're all desperate and he's getting lots of pretty face time while he doesn't coach (he gets to say all the right things on national television).
So what? Tony Dungy didn't build the Colts either.

Gruden won with a moderately talented Raiders team as well, he has to get credit for that.
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 03:49 PM   #22
broncoblue
english not british!!
 
broncoblue's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: nr blackburn ,england
Posts: 3,729
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambiguous View Post
Drinking?
i am lol
broncoblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 03:49 PM   #23
colonelbeef
Lets be friend
 
colonelbeef's Avatar
 
Elway is the new Jerry West

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 3,883

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncoblue View Post
i am lol
hahah
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 03:56 PM   #24
snowspot66
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,785
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelbeef View Post
So what? Tony Dungy didn't build the Colts either.

Gruden won with a moderately talented Raiders team as well, he has to get credit for that.
And I wouldn't want Dungy either. Gruden gets credit that he had some success. But lets not kid ourselves and think he was great.
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 04:32 PM   #25
colonelbeef
Lets be friend
 
colonelbeef's Avatar
 
Elway is the new Jerry West

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 3,883

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowspot66 View Post
And I wouldn't want Dungy either. Gruden gets credit that he had some success. But lets not kid ourselves and think he was great.
I happen to agree with you- he isn't a 'great' coach... but he is still relatively young, and given that he has something to prove, could prove to be a solid guy with an eye for talent.
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:17 AM.


Denver Broncos