The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2010, 11:30 AM   #1
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default Filmed Walkthroughs vs. Cooking-Sprayed Linemen

Okay, let me start by saying that I am fully off whatever Josh McDaniels bandwagon I was on. If I had it my way, he would be replaced at the end of the year. So, this is in no way a defense of him.

That said, isn't the outrage over this incident a little hypocritical? Were you similarly outraged when our offensive linemen were sent back to the locker room to clean the cooking spray off their arms and jerseys back in the Super Bowl years?

You can say that was just gamesmanship. I would say we received more advantage from that than we did from six-filmed minutes of a walkthrough.

It's easier to pile on this one because of 5-15 over the past 20 games. It's easier because it feels as if this is a semi-retarded attempt at copying the Patriots Spygate scandal of a few years ago. But can we hold off on the righteous indignation at the shadow this has cast on the organization? If we were 9-2 right now, this would be much ado about nothing.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2010, 11:31 AM   #2
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Wow, apparently the thread-starting issue got fixed?
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:37 AM   #3
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Winning it solves alot
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:38 AM   #4
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Great post.

One of my favorite things about this board is the high-horse brigade. Always good for a laugh.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:40 AM   #5
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
Okay, let me start by saying that I am fully off whatever Josh McDaniels bandwagon I was on. If I had it my way, he would be replaced at the end of the year. So, this is in no way a defense of him.

That said, isn't the outrage over this incident a little hypocritical? Were you similarly outraged when our offensive linemen were sent back to the locker room to clean the cooking spray off their arms and jerseys back in the Super Bowl years?

You can say that was just gamesmanship. I would say we received more advantage from that than we did from six-filmed minutes of a walkthrough.

It's easier to pile on this one because of 5-15 over the past 20 games. It's easier because it feels as if this is a semi-retarded attempt at copying the Patriots Spygate scandal of a few years ago. But can we hold off on the righteous indignation at the shadow this has cast on the organization? If we were 9-2 right now, this would be much ado about nothing.
You know that answer to that. If we were on fire right now, no one would give a flying **** about this. That's just the way it works.

That said, I'm troubled by it, still. I don't want my organization tied to this kind of thing. Of course, as you pointed out... it's far from the first embarrassment we've had. There were plenty under Shanny's watch, and I loved him until he left.

I guess the other question is... how unusual do people think this is? This type of rule bending? I have a feeling it's probably commonplace. Not that it makes it right, though.

The outrage is going to be overdone by those who had an agenda going into it... and accepted as an unfortunate incident by others who just want to move on.

Personally, I just want the Rams game to start.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:41 AM   #6
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I ddint know we did that, doesn't surprise me though. Like I said in another post, I really think all teams cheat, most just don't get caught.

That being said, what McD did was retarded knowing his past with this guy and this incident.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:41 AM   #7
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Winning it solves alot
I think we could go 6 & 0 for the rest of the year and this fan base would still be horrifically divided.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:42 AM   #8
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

So much drama for 6 minutes of film that the HC did not even look at.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:43 AM   #9
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

i honestly think that our losing record makes this LESS of a big deal...
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:45 AM   #10
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
i honestly think that our losing record makes this LESS of a big deal...
True... nationally.

But, "locally," a bigger deal.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:45 AM   #11
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

It is yet another black eye for the franchise. At least Shanny was creative with his cheating. And we won 2 Super Bowls. I would be more than willing to look the other way if we were 9-2. And we as Broncos fans are ****ing pissed right now. Hoping that this would give Bowlen an out to fire his worthless ass, the half wits up there ****ed that up. And now we have to suffer through more of this embarrassment roaming the sidelines.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:45 AM   #12
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post

agreed.

you should have seen the indignation on the CBS pregame show (maybe you did). cowher demanded a higher fine and loss of draft picks. esiason thinks McD's days here are numbered. then cowher re-iterated that the Broncos ought to lose draft picks.

all the cowher nuthuggers can jump on somebody else's nuts now. even if McD were fired, i think it's pretty clear from cowher's comments that there is 0% chance he'd ever consider a job in Denver, which is fine by me because he gets on my nerves anyway.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:47 AM   #13
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
agreed.

you should have seen the indignation on the CBS pregame show (maybe you did). cowher demanded a higher fine and loss of draft picks. esiason thinks McD's days here are numbered. then cowher re-iterated that the Broncos ought to lose draft picks.

all the cowher nuthuggers can jump on somebody else's nuts now. even if McD were fired, i think it's pretty clear from cowher's comments that there is 0% chance he'd ever consider a job in Denver, which is fine by me because he gets on my nerves anyway.
im just ready for next season to start, if mcd is coach im not sure how this forum will even work anymore.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:48 AM   #14
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post

I hope you were being sarcastic there.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:48 AM   #15
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
agreed.

AGree with this....there was no discussion of WHAT happened, just that it was Spygate II and the fines and drat picks should be levied.

And Cowher has had a bone over Denver since we punked him and "flash" in the 98 AFCCG in his house.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:49 AM   #16
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
agreed.

I glanced at ESPN when my brother had their pregame show on and then saw the one on Fox. Not one time did they even attempt to actually portray what happened. This situation is unlike the Patriots fiasco because for the Pats it was a systematic approach to studying opponents. The film dude in Denver recorded 6 minutes of SF walkthrough on some BS whim.

But if you only watch the pregame shows, what impression do you get? And for the record Jay Glazer can fondle my genitals, and gently caress my cheek.

Old 11-28-2010, 11:49 AM   #17
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
agreed.

Cowher and Esiason slammed us. Cowher did it because he basically said he didn't believe the story. Fair enough, but the league made the decision. They did their investigation. Esiason did it because in his words, we got rid of Cutler, Marshaller, Sheffler and Hillis... as if that has a ****ing thing to do with the story.

We should be punished because we made 3 good trades and one bad one?
Old 11-28-2010, 11:50 AM   #18
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
agreed.

Good. I'm glad Cowher destroyed any chance of him becoming our next coach.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:50 AM   #19
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
I hope you were being sarcastic there.

No. Its fairly obvious when I am being sarcastic.

Old 11-28-2010, 11:54 AM   #20
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Cowher and Esiason slammed us. Cowher did it because he basically said he didn't believe the story. Fair enough, but the league made the decision. They did their investigation. Esiason did it because in his words, we got rid of Cutler, Marshaller, Sheffler and Hillis... as if that has a ****ing thing to do with the story.

We should be punished because we made 3 good trades and one bad one
?
That's not his point and you know that. To the media and I would guess 50 percent of Denver's fan-base all of those were bad trades. Everything looks worse when you are losing and everyone has an agenda. Esiason has always thought we made foolish moves and looking at the overall picture, and wins, Denver has not looked good this year. This is just ammo at this point.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:54 AM   #21
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
Great post.

One of my favorite things about this board is the high-horse brigade. Always good for a laugh.
Attached Images

snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:55 AM   #22
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post

We should be punished because we made 3 good trades and one bad one?
esiason was putting this new controversy in context with the bad trades/drafts, the 59-14 blowout at home to OAK, and the 5-15 record over the past 20 games as if momentum was building for McD being canned, which is pretty much what's been happening on the OM for several weeks now. i know esiason isn't a Broncos fan, but i got the sense that he was being nonpartisan in his analysis... to the outsider, it appears that the past 1 1/2 years (under McD) have been a tranwreck. cowher on the other hand appeared to be vindictive and hyper-partisan in his remarks. as far as i'm concerned, he and his freakish chin can go **** themselves.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:56 AM   #23
NYBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
AGree with this....there was no discussion of WHAT happened, just that it was Spygate II and the fines and drat picks should be levied.

And Cowher has had a bone over Denver since we punked him and "flash" in the 98 AFCCG in his house.
No mention or quote from the official NFL statement on the issue.
NYBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:57 AM   #24
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
I would guess 50 percent of Denver's fan-base all of those were bad trades. .
Uh huh.

So, 50% of the fan base are idiots, I guess.

Where does that enter into how we should be punished? I miss the connection.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:57 AM   #25
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBronco View Post
No mention or quote from the official NFL statement on the issue.

Listening to Howie Long wax poetic about the Broncos "cheating" made me laugh my ass off this morning. This from a guy who played for a team that wrote the book on how to cheat in the NFL.

**** off, flat top.