The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2010, 03:56 PM   #1
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default McDaniels' Broncos Personifying Murphy's Law...Whats Next?

Talent has been traded away multiple times, draft picks have been wasted, games have been lost in an embarrassing fashion, the team has been historically bad, and now we pull a Patriots and get busted videotaping team practices before a game.

What else could go wrong?

Here's my speculation: McD plays Tebow a little and then trades him for a 3rd round pick in the offseason.

What do you think will happen?
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2010, 05:25 PM   #2
colonelbeef
Lets be friend
 
colonelbeef's Avatar
 
Elway is the new Jerry West

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 3,885

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe
Default

I say he trades Clady to chicago, and then the bears go on to win the superbowl. He then uses the picks to draft 2 WRs and a QB.
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 05:30 PM   #3
worm
Great moments are born...
 
worm's Avatar
 
...from great opportunity

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,902

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#20
Default

Instead of Murphy's Law, I think McDaniels is a perfect illustration of the Peter Principle.
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 05:30 PM   #4
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian
 
Hogan11's Avatar
 
Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: W.NY.B.C.
Posts: 21,000

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSkillet View Post
Talent has been traded away multiple times, draft picks have been wasted, games have been lost in an embarrassing fashion, the team has been historically bad, and now we pull a Patriots and get busted videotaping team practices before a game.

What else could go wrong?

Here's my speculation: McD plays Tebow a little and then trades him for a 3rd round pick in the offseason.

What do you think will happen?
Trading Orton for a 3rd rounder would be a greater tragedy
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 05:33 PM   #5
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis
 
Broncobiv's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 2,709
Default

The US Government outlaws Fantasy Football and everybody's d***s catch on fire.

Last edited by Broncobiv; 11-27-2010 at 06:32 PM..
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 06:32 PM   #6
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,506

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11 View Post
Trading Orton for a 3rd rounder would be a greater tragedy
i honestly believe McDaniels will rape another team out of a good amount of picks if he does trade Orton.

In fact, i am already bracing myself for McD to officially name Tebow his QB for 2011 and then trade Orton hopefully for some Defensive help
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 06:38 PM   #7
Broncoman13
Broncoholic
 
Broncoman13's Avatar
 
JT #80

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Colorado
Posts: 16,849

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius
Default

I think he will trade Eddie Royal during the offseason. Not a huge loss but a team favorite nonetheless. I also think he will fail to bring Champ back, not sufficiently address the safety position and continue to waste draft picks on "system fits" rather than going out and getting the best players and figuring out ways to use them. I honestly think this guy would have passed on Suh last year thinking he wasn't the perfect fit for his defense.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 06:49 PM   #8
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,887
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
I think he will trade Eddie Royal during the offseason. Not a huge loss but a team favorite nonetheless. I also think he will fail to bring Champ back, not sufficiently address the safety position and continue to waste draft picks on "system fits" rather than going out and getting the best players and figuring out ways to use them. I honestly think this guy would have passed on Suh last year thinking he wasn't the perfect fit for his defense.
Is that before or after he makes Lloyd the highest paid WR in the NFL?
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 06:50 PM   #9
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 25,292
Default

it would make sense if josh got busted for a DUI tonight
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 06:51 PM   #10
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,887
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
it would make sense if josh got busted for a DUI tonight
Or with tranny hooker named theDave.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 06:54 PM   #11
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 25,292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
Or with tranny hooker named theDave.


not or...and!!!




http://deadspin.com/150905/denny-neagles-discerning-eye
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 08:50 PM   #12
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 16,147

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default

Bowlen sells the team back to Edgar Kaiser?
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 08:53 PM   #13
Jay3
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Tebow comes out as gay.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 09:02 PM   #14
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,577

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

All roads lead to the superbowl.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 10:03 PM   #15
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco
 
eddie mac's Avatar
 
Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: IRELAND
Posts: 17,254

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

I'd love to know what all that talent's doing he traded away whenever he replaced them (in the majority) with players having better seasons.

Lloyd having a better season than Marshall

Orton having a better season than Cutler

Hillis is the only one really turning heads for the right reasons.

Many will then off course point to the W-L column in arguing their stagnant point that Cutler>Orton.

1. Bears defense
2. McD didn't trade away any better defensive players than we currently have, well aside from Alphonso Smith in some fans eyes who actually reminds me of a younger Dre Bly, only for the fact Bly is better and NEVER EVER GOT BEAT for 4 TD's in a game.
3. Our defense is no worse than the crap dished out by Shanahan's later years, it's still a nightmare but it's been a nightmare for 4 plus years bar Nolan showing some flashes until the Ravens ripped his ass apart.
4. Oh and the Bears defense again which is one of the best in the entire league and has carried Cutler all season.
5. Oh and Marshall's still a dick, but a rich one now flowing in Dolphin dollars, they'd have been better paying him in Disneyland $$ for all the use he is to them.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 10:12 PM   #16
Popps
It's so easy
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
I'd love to know what all that talent's doing he traded away whenever he replaced them (in the majority) with players having better seasons.

Lloyd having a better season than Marshall

Orton having a better season than Cutler

Hillis is the only one really turning heads for the right reasons.

Many will then off course point to the W-L column in arguing their stagnant point that Cutler>Orton.

1. Bears defense
2. McD didn't trade away any better defensive players than we currently have, well aside from Alphonso Smith in some fans eyes who actually reminds me of a younger Dre Bly, only for the fact Bly is better and NEVER EVER GOT BEAT for 4 TD's in a game.
3. Our defense is no worse than the crap dished out by Shanahan's later years, it's still a nightmare but it's been a nightmare for 4 plus years bar Nolan showing some flashes until the Ravens ripped his ass apart.
4. Oh and the Bears defense again which is one of the best in the entire league and has carried Cutler all season.
5. Oh and Marshall's still a dick, but a rich one now flowing in Dolphin dollars, they'd have been better paying him in Disneyland $$ for all the use he is to them.

Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 10:12 PM   #17
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,711
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
Tebow comes out as gay.

That would be awesome on so many levels. Especially for me.


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 10:18 PM   #18
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 
Playing for January

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 26,126

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

Sorry, but any discussion of Murphy's Law and the 2010 Broncos must start with Elvis Dumervil.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 10:37 PM   #19
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
I think he will trade Eddie Royal during the offseason. Not a huge loss but a team favorite nonetheless. I also think he will fail to bring Champ back, not sufficiently address the safety position and continue to waste draft picks on "system fits" rather than going out and getting the best players and figuring out ways to use them. I honestly think this guy would have passed on Suh last year thinking he wasn't the perfect fit for his defense.
Ugh.

This post sucks because it feels like stuff that could actually happen.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 10:43 PM   #20
HILife
Ring of Famer
 
HILife's Avatar
 
Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: DC - NOVA - DMV - VA - Take your pick
Posts: 4,570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
I'd love to know what all that talent's doing he traded away whenever he replaced them (in the majority) with players having better seasons.

Lloyd having a better season than Marshall

Orton having a better season than Cutler

Hillis is the only one really turning heads for the right reasons.

Many will then off course point to the W-L column in arguing their stagnant point that Cutler>Orton.

1. Bears defense
2. McD didn't trade away any better defensive players than we currently have, well aside from Alphonso Smith in some fans eyes who actually reminds me of a younger Dre Bly, only for the fact Bly is better and NEVER EVER GOT BEAT for 4 TD's in a game.
3. Our defense is no worse than the crap dished out by Shanahan's later years, it's still a nightmare but it's been a nightmare for 4 plus years bar Nolan showing some flashes until the Ravens ripped his ass apart.
4. Oh and the Bears defense again which is one of the best in the entire league and has carried Cutler all season.
5. Oh and Marshall's still a dick, but a rich one now flowing in Dolphin dollars, they'd have been better paying him in Disneyland $$ for all the use he is to them.
I was 100% ok, with the trades of Cutdurrr and Marshall when it happened, was not to happy with the Hillis. Didn't like getting rid of Torain either.
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 10:45 PM   #21
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,711
Default

Realistically cutting Torrain was an odds move. To date he has still spent more time nursing injury or on IR then actually playing.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 10:47 PM   #22
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilife View Post
I was 100% ok, with the trades of Cutdurrr and Marshall when it happened, was not to happy with the Hillis. Didn't like getting rid of Torain either.
Letting Wiegmann walk was the biggest mistake, IMO...it was a major factor in the Broncos' problems this season.

Like Cutler or not, he is certainly a talented player with an NFL future as a starter. Same with Marshall, Hillis, and even The Phonz.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 10:49 PM   #23
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,711
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSkillet View Post
Letting Wiegmann walk was the biggest mistake, IMO...it was a major factor in the Broncos' problems this season.

Like Cutler or not, he is certainly a talented player with an NFL future as a starter. Same with Marshall, Hillis, and even The Phonz.

Weigmann had a drop off between 08 and 09. Couple that with a scheme shift and cutting him made sense. Getting a veteran center probably would have helped the team, but thats a hindsight thing.


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 10:52 PM   #24
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Weigmann had a drop off between 08 and 09. Couple that with a scheme shift and cutting him made sense. Getting a veteran center probably would have helped the team, but thats a hindsight thing.


Its a foresight thing for an experienced coach.

The center calls the assignments. You want a guy with experience. McD tried to patch that hole with a 3rd round pick from Baylor.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 10:55 PM   #25
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,711
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSkillet View Post
Its a foresight thing for an experienced coach.

The center calls the assignments. You want a guy with experience. McD tried to patch that hole with a 3rd round pick from Baylor.

Rookies have started at center throughout the history of the NFL, its not a new thing. Considering the instability at the guard spots due to injury and its obvious why the interior line has had problems.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:44 AM.


Denver Broncos