The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2010, 12:50 PM   #1
lostknight
In The Arena
 
lostknight's Avatar
 
ohwaitwtf

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,336

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default 104.3 Reporting that McDaniels _didn't_ inform Ellis

104.3 just had comments from the Ellis and NFL oversight - Pash. Apparently they asked several times if McDaniels told Ellis what was going on, and apparently every time Ellis dodged the question. Ellis didn't find out for 8 days after McDaniels conversation. The speculation is that Joe Ellis immediately freaked and called the NFL. There was a lot of speculation how Ellis heard it in the first place.

They also raised two good questions - why would someone who has already been slapped by the NFL possibly think that this was a possibly good reason to bring it up with McDaniels? And then how could McDaniels - who lived through the New England experience - not think he needs to inform his superiors.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2010, 12:52 PM   #2
frerottenextelway
█████
 
frerottenextelway's Avatar
 
█████

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: █████
Posts: 8,442

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██
Default

If we were a movie, would we be a drama, comedy, or horror?
frerottenextelway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 12:53 PM   #3
lostknight
In The Arena
 
lostknight's Avatar
 
ohwaitwtf

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,336

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Oof. It's worse:

NFL is keeping some details of investigation confidential. Like who reported the violations.

If the first they heard of it was from Ellis or McDaniels, they would have reported it.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 12:54 PM   #4
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata
 
Clockwork Orange's Avatar
 
I seen him!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 21,352
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frerottenextelway View Post
If we were a movie, would we be a drama, comedy, or horror?
Depends on your perspective.

Other teams, the media, other teams fans - Comedy
The league, the Broncos - Drama
Broncos fans - Horror
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 12:58 PM   #5
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,821
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostknight View Post
Oof. It's worse:

NFL is keeping some details of investigation confidential. Like who reported the violations.

If the first they heard of it was from Ellis or McDaniels, they would have reported it.
I bet Xanders is sick of getting piazza and attempting a palace coup
elsid13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 01:00 PM   #6
Mecklomaniac
Pro Bowler
 
Mecklomaniac's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WA
Posts: 742

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jack Dolbin
Default

I work for a company with 100,000+ employees. Everyone from the CEO to the janitors go through the same ethics training every year. If anyone stumbles across suppliers, customers, or competitors proprietary data and doesn't immediately contain it and report it they would be fired by the end of the day.

Have to wait to hear all the details but it sure sounds like McD knew what he had was unethical, and tried to hide it rather than report it.
Mecklomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 01:02 PM   #7
lostknight
In The Arena
 
lostknight's Avatar
 
ohwaitwtf

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,336

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

As a correction - some employee other then McDaniels told Ellis about it. The NFL won't release who it was to protect that person from revenge. The NFL statement was refering that development.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 01:03 PM   #8
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,821
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostknight View Post
As a correction - some employee other then McDaniels told Ellis about it. The NFL won't release who it was to protect that person from revenge. The NFL statement was refering that development.
Sweet, a whistleblower, bet our Boy Nixon has security going through everyone phone logs right about now.
elsid13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 01:06 PM   #9
Drek
Ring of Famer
 
Drek's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostknight View Post
And then how could McDaniels - who lived through the New England experience - not think he needs to inform his superiors.
He did. McDaniels and the NFL both said he informed the "organization" on their return from London, at which point the Broncos started an internal investigation.

Maybe McDaniels and Ellis aren't the best of buds right now and McDaniels instead went directly to Bowlen. If so it'd be interesting to know when Bowlen let Ellis know, if he did.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 01:22 PM   #10
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 30,544

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

**** just got real!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 01:29 PM   #11
Ratboy
It's all over...
 
Ratboy's Avatar
 
ಠ_ಠ

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: England
Posts: 15,174
Default

Lol
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 01:31 PM   #12
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,727

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

cant wait to see how this plays out!
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 01:42 PM   #13
lostknight
In The Arena
 
lostknight's Avatar
 
ohwaitwtf

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,336

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
He did. McDaniels and the NFL both said he informed the "organization" on their return from London, at which point the Broncos started an internal investigation.
Please stop spreading mis-information, this is not true. Ellis and the NFL made it clear as day on their call today that a third party reported it to Ellis.

Quote:
Maybe McDaniels and Ellis aren't the best of buds right now and McDaniels instead went directly to Bowlen. If so it'd be interesting to know when Bowlen let Ellis know, if he did.
If that were the case, Ellis would have just fired McDaniels.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 01:45 PM   #14
Victor
The Dude Abides
 
Victor's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wheaton, IL
Posts: 739

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker
Default

Who cares...tempest in a tea pot. Move on...there's nothing to see here.
Victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 01:56 PM   #15
Broncos4tw
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,445
Default

It does matter. McD fired a good portion of our actually talented players because he wanted "character" guys on the team. And then he hired this guy. And now this.

Matters to me at least.
Broncos4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 02:55 PM   #16
fontaine
Ring of Famer
 
fontaine's Avatar
 
Go John Manning!

Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 13,063
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostknight View Post
Please stop spreading mis-information, this is not true. Ellis and the NFL made it clear as day on their call today that a third party reported it to Ellis.

WTF? This is getting worse by the hour.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 02:57 PM   #17
Jesterhole
Ring of Famer
 
Jesterhole's Avatar
 
Ridin' the McFailboat...

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,518
Default

What is going to be really interesting is Steve Scarnecchia's side of the story. I wonder how long it takes the sports media to descend on him?
Jesterhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 02:59 PM   #18
strafen
Karma
 
strafen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,836

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
He did. McDaniels and the NFL both said he informed the "organization" on their return from London, at which point the Broncos started an internal investigation.

Maybe McDaniels and Ellis aren't the best of buds right now and McDaniels instead went directly to Bowlen. If so it'd be interesting to know when Bowlen let Ellis know, if he did.
Dude, you're like the master spinner!
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 03:01 PM   #19
strafen
Karma
 
strafen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,836

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterhole View Post
What is going to be really interesting is Steve Scarnecchia's side of the story. I wonder how long it takes the sports media to descend on him?
He may have to have been paid some money to keep quiet would be my guess.
This investigation has gone on for a while, and I'm sure they all sat down and discussed some details in his exit interview...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 03:02 PM   #20
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,801
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos4tw View Post
It does matter. McD fired a good portion of our actually talented players
False.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos4tw View Post

And then he hired this guy. And now this.

Matters to me at least.
True.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 03:16 PM   #21
fontaine
Ring of Famer
 
fontaine's Avatar
 
Go John Manning!

Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 13,063
Default

Only a few days ago I though McDaniels should get his full three years here.

But at this point?

1. He hired Scarnecchia who had already violated the league's integrity policy and with this latest offense is a two time offender and could be banned for any further employment in the NFL.

2. McDaniels failed to report this guys walkthrough recording so essentially Josh protected a guy who had violated league policy - TWICE! I can respect Josh for supposedly refusing to watch the walkthrough (if indeed that's the case) but what's not debeatable is that McDaniels violated league policy in not quickly and decisively reporting the matter and subsequently has been found guilty and fined.

That's not the kind of coach Bowlen wanted to hire, that's not the kind of coach who can look every player in the eye and expect accountability, that's not the kind of coach most Bronco fans want to represent their team here and in England.

At this point, I could care less about whether he gets fired today or at the end of the season. He means nothing to me.

Last edited by fontaine; 11-27-2010 at 03:19 PM..
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 03:16 PM   #22
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McApaOps5 View Post
**** just got real!
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 03:59 PM   #23
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,261

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-on-mcdaniels/

One of the biggest questions in the aftermath of the league’s decision to fine the Broncos $50,000 as the employer of a rogue (supposedly) videographer who recorded the 49ers’ walk-through practice prior to the Denver-San Fran game on October 31 was this: How did the matter land on the league’s radar screen?

In the wake of the joint conference call conducted by Broncos COO Joe Ellis and NFL lead in-house lawyer Jeff Pash, that question remains unanswered.

Based on some of the buzz words used by both men, it appears that someone within the Broncos organization blew the whistle on Steve Scarnecchia’s unilateral (supposedly) activities and coach Josh McDaniels’ decision to move forward without reporting the incident to his supervisors or to the league.

“I’m not at liberty to reveal the details of the investigation,” Ellis said when asked specifically how the matter came to light, given that McDaniels opted to move on without disclosing it to club management. “I’m going to defer to Jeff on that. We promised the League confidence on that. I’m not willing to go there.”

Neither was Pash.

“One of the things about our policy and the duty to report is we do make a pledge, and this is not unusual in these settings, we do make a pledge of confidentiality as part of a way of encouraging people to come forward and also protecting people against possible retaliation,” Pash said.

That’s lawyer talk for “someone blew the whistle and we don’t want that someone to be targeted for termination by McDaniels or anyone else, because then everyone would be sued out the wazoo.”

Added Pash, “I think from our perspective I would say our office learned of it, as I say, from ownership and the club’s senior executive. We investigated thoroughly and confirmed what happened. I don’t think in keeping with the promises of confidentiality that it’s appropriate for us to go beyond that.”

So, apparently, someone told Ellis and/or owner Pat Bowlen. They in turn shared the information with the league. And the identity of the persons(s) who told Ellis and/or Bowlen won’t be disclosed by the team or the league.

Moving forward, McDaniels would be wise not to wonder who blew the whistle, even though knowing that someone broke ranks is the kind of thing that can drive a control-driven coach crazy with paranoia and/or rage.
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 04:08 PM   #24
go_broncos
Ring of Famer
 
49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 5,802

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-on-mcdaniels/

One of the biggest questions in the aftermath of the league’s decision to fine the Broncos $50,000 as the employer of a rogue (supposedly) videographer who recorded the 49ers’ walk-through practice prior to the Denver-San Fran game on October 31 was this: How did the matter land on the league’s radar screen?

In the wake of the joint conference call conducted by Broncos COO Joe Ellis and NFL lead in-house lawyer Jeff Pash, that question remains unanswered.

Based on some of the buzz words used by both men, it appears that someone within the Broncos organization blew the whistle on Steve Scarnecchia’s unilateral (supposedly) activities and coach Josh McDaniels’ decision to move forward without reporting the incident to his supervisors or to the league.

“I’m not at liberty to reveal the details of the investigation,” Ellis said when asked specifically how the matter came to light, given that McDaniels opted to move on without disclosing it to club management. “I’m going to defer to Jeff on that. We promised the League confidence on that. I’m not willing to go there.”

Neither was Pash.

“One of the things about our policy and the duty to report is we do make a pledge, and this is not unusual in these settings, we do make a pledge of confidentiality as part of a way of encouraging people to come forward and also protecting people against possible retaliation,” Pash said.

That’s lawyer talk for “someone blew the whistle and we don’t want that someone to be targeted for termination by McDaniels or anyone else, because then everyone would be sued out the wazoo.”

Added Pash, “I think from our perspective I would say our office learned of it, as I say, from ownership and the club’s senior executive. We investigated thoroughly and confirmed what happened. I don’t think in keeping with the promises of confidentiality that it’s appropriate for us to go beyond that.”

So, apparently, someone told Ellis and/or owner Pat Bowlen. They in turn shared the information with the league. And the identity of the persons(s) who told Ellis and/or Bowlen won’t be disclosed by the team or the league.

Moving forward, McDaniels would be wise not to wonder who blew the whistle, even though knowing that someone broke ranks is the kind of thing that can drive a control-driven coach crazy with paranoia and/or rage.
Mcd didn't report it.
He said he didn't need to report it..
What a a-hole..Get the **** out of here..
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 04:13 PM   #25
colonelbeef
Lets be friend
 
colonelbeef's Avatar
 
Elway is the new Jerry West

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 3,884

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
He did. McDaniels and the NFL both said he informed the "organization" on their return from London, at which point the Broncos started an internal investigation.

Maybe McDaniels and Ellis aren't the best of buds right now and McDaniels instead went directly to Bowlen. If so it'd be interesting to know when Bowlen let Ellis know, if he did.
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The McDaniels Timeline strafen Orange Mane Central Discussion 32 04-14-2010 05:49 PM
Good Article on the Time line of McJaygate baja Orange Mane Central Discussion 1 04-05-2009 08:43 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:43 AM.


Denver Broncos