The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2010, 10:09 AM   #1
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway
Default Bowlen and McDaniels statements

From Bowlen:

“I received notice today that the National Football League has completed its investigation of an incident involving our club’s violation of the League’s Integrity of the Game Policy, specifically a videotaping of a portion of the San Francisco 49ers’ “walkthrough” practice on Saturday, Oct. 30, 2010, at Wembley Stadium in London. Upon learning of this incident, the Denver Broncos promptly began an investigation into this matter and reported this violation to the League office, which then started its investigation. The Denver Broncos fully cooperated with every aspect of the League investigation.”

“The Denver Broncos and I, as the Owner, believe in the integrity of the National Football League and fair competition and do not, in any way, condone this type of behavior. The fact that an employee of the Denver Broncos would take such action is personally disappointing to me. I apologize to all affected by this incident. This employee is no longer with the organization.

“This incident cuts into the trust and respect our fans, our ticket holders, our community and our fellow competitors have for our organization. That is why the Denver Broncos, upon learning of this violation, immediately investigated this matter and reported the incident to the League.

“The Denver Broncos and I accept the discipline imposed by the NFL. We will take all steps to ensure that an incident like this never occurs again. We will always strive to uphold the integrity of our organization and the National Football League.”

From head coach Josh McDaniels:

“I apologize for not promptly reporting the improper conduct of our video director before our game against the 49ers in London. The actions of this individual are in no way representative of the values and integrity held by myself, our players and coaches, and the entire Denver Broncos organization.”

“I understand the punishment from the National Football League and support its commitment to the integrity of the game. We have addressed the situation internally to assure that nothing like this happens again.”
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2010, 10:27 AM   #2
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

I'm really going to miss that top ten first round pick.

EDIT: The more I think about it the more it pains me and I am very upset over this. All that possible talent we could've picked up in the draft....gone, just like that.

EDIT the EDIT: First.

EDIT the EDIT's EDIT: I'm hearing now it's only a fine since the broncos reported it. Anybody know what the fine is.

Last edited by HILife; 11-27-2010 at 10:33 AM..
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 10:30 AM   #3
frerottenextelway
█████

█████

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██

You know things aren't going well when your coach uses the word "apologize" as often as he has been lately.
frerottenextelway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 10:36 AM   #4
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I don't like that McD basically admits to knowing about it before the 9ers game but appologizes for not telling anyone. That's hard to prove he wasn't part of the scheme at that point. Is a video guy really going to take it upon himself to videotape someone else's walkthrough? That's a huge decision for one person to make and if he did, he should've been paying his own way back from London. Hopefully they can windowdress this well enough but McD admitting he knew about it before the game but didn't tell anyone is a near facepalm for the Broncos.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 10:40 AM   #5
NYBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frerottenextelway View Post
You know things aren't going well when your coach uses the word "apologize" as often as he has been lately.
I didn't enjoy "apologizing" recently for my coworkers and their inappropriate actions to a respected client.
NYBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 10:44 AM   #6
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

So how many last straws does this guys get ?

Bad Picks

Bad Trades

and now he pulls a belocheat.

If he new about this before the 49er's game then he should have reported this before the 9er's game. End of story. We are a classy organization and I would hate our name to be tarnished by this.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 10:47 AM   #7
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
So how many last straws does this guys get ?

Bad Picks

Bad Trades

and now he pulls a belocheat.

If he new about this before the 49er's game then he should have reported this before the 9er's game. End of story. We are a classy organization and I would hate our name to be tarnished by this.
Ok, get your facts straight. Its already been shown that he had nothing to do with it. Stop trying to make it look worse then it is, for your own personal gain. Now all that other stuff you said, well it's up for debate.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:50 AM   #8
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilife View Post
Ok, get your facts straight. Its already been shown that he had nothing to do with it. Stop trying to make it look worse then it is, for your own personal gain. Now all that other stuff you said, well it's up for debate.
Come on man, do you actually think that he did not have something to do with this. It's called a fall guy, and that is what he used.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:51 AM   #9
yerner
Ring of Famer

I guess I'm supposed to believe some film guy did this all by himself hoping to lose his job? As if from day one he worked in the tape department and didn't know if taping the other team was ok? Wouldn't that be the first thing the team told you?
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 10:56 AM   #10
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
Come on man, do you actually think that he did not have something to do with this. It's called a fall guy, and that is what he used.
Oh yea, I would not be surprised if he had something to do with it, but it's innocent until proven guilty. All we can go on is what is reported, until something different is reported, it's a "case closed" for me.

That's what's wrong with the world, someone yells rape, your labeled for life. Even if the courts find you 100% innocent, in the eyes of the world, your still a rapist.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:11 AM   #11
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Oh yea, I would not be surprised if he had something to do with it, but it's innocent until proven guilty. All we can go on is what is reported, until something different is reported, it's a "case closed" for me.

That's what's wrong with the world, someone yells rape, your labeled for life. Even if the courts find you 100% innocent, in the eyes of the world, your still a rapist.
It just looks bad for the organization. McDaniels shouldn't have taken the risk of hiring him. So, the criticism is valid to a point.

But, we have an official story from both sides, now... and it does appear that McD did the proper thing once he realized what had happened.

All we can do is take the story of all parties involved for face value... because no matter how much we bicker, it is what it is. The NFL has moved on, and we escaped a much, much worse fate.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:36 AM   #12
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

We got a damn rogue video dude on our team. I'm sure he was just doing that for his personal collection.
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:38 AM   #13
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

mcdaniels reported himself and the team to the NFL, why would he do that if he was trying to do this to gain a competitive advantage ala bellichek?
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:40 AM   #14
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WABronco View Post
We got a damn rogue video dude on our team. I'm sure he was just doing that for his personal collection.
What job doesn't have that one rouge employee running around! Really I'm impressed to see a member of McDs staff working.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:42 AM   #15
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
mcdaniels reported himself and the team to t[PHP][PHP][/PHP][/PHP]he NFL, why would he do that if he was trying to do this to gain a competitive advantage ala bellichek?
I guess that makes it all better then
Old 11-27-2010, 11:43 AM   #16
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
mcdaniels reported himself and the team to the NFL, why would he do that if he was trying to do this to gain a competitive advantage ala bellichek?
That is a very good point. If he really wanted the advantage, why tell a guy to go record it, then turn him in when he does it? Entrapment?
Old 11-27-2010, 11:46 AM   #17
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
That is a very good point. If he really wanted the advantage, why tell a guy to go record it, then turn him in when he does it? Entrapment?
I guess you don't know how fall guys work.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:49 AM   #18
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I guess you don't know how fall guys work.
I know what a "fall guy" is, but no one caught the Broncos, the Broncos turned themselves in. I guess he didn't like the video director and was trying to find a way to get him fired. Mission accomplished.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:50 AM   #19
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Why did it take him 3 weeks to report it ?
Old 11-27-2010, 11:51 AM   #20
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
Why did it take him 3 weeks to report it ?
hhhmmm didn't know it took 3 weeks. That is strange. forgot?
Old 11-27-2010, 11:54 AM   #21
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Why would they turn themselves in? Because they suspected that they got caught.

How could anyone really believe that this started with the 1-6 San Francisco 49ers.

I can't decide which is worse: having a film cheating program from week to week that gets every opponent on film for competitive advantage, or having this being a one time occurance and having a rogue film guy believing that the Broncos needed a competitive advantage against the 1-6 San Francisco 49ers.

McDaniels runs a joke of a program.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:55 AM   #22
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
hhhmmm didn't know it took 3 weeks. That is strange. forgot?
he forgot? The last team that did this lost a first round pick and he was a coach of that team.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:57 AM   #23
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
he forgot? The last team that did this lost a first round pick and he was a coach of that team.
Calm down. I wasn't serious. 1 and 2 and 3, breath easy.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:57 AM   #24
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

if they wanted a competitive advantage they wouldnt turn themselves in afterwards, it doesnt make sense. they coulda possibly got away with it, but they callled the office and told them. mcdaniels shoulda never hired this guy, but he also dealt with it in a professional way as possible.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:58 AM   #25
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
if they wanted a competitive advantage they wouldnt turn themselves in afterwards, it doesnt make sense. they coulda possibly got away with it, but they callled the office and told them. mcdaniels shoulda never hired this guy, but he also dealt with it in a professional way as possible.
They would turn themselves in if they had reason to believe that they got caught.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote