The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2010, 02:17 PM   #1
Goobzilla
Lights Out B***h!

BA-ZING!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Erickson
Default Coach 'Dinger is very ill

Coach Heimerdinger is real sick guys, keep him in your thoughts.

Titans assistant Heimerdinger diagnosed with cancer

NASHVILLE (AP) Tennessee offensive coordinator Mike Heimerdinger has been diagnosed with cancer and is expected to start chemotherapy treatment almost immediately.

Coach Jeff Fisher announced Wednesday that Heimerdinger has been very sick the past three weeks but learned the diagnosis Wednesday morning. Heimerdinger wasn't at practice.

Fisher declined to specify what type of cancer Heimerdinger has but asked for prayers for both the coach and his family.

The Titans (5-5) visit Houston (4-6) on Sunday.

Fisher says he doesn't know if Heimerdinger will be back this week or help coach Sunday's game. Fisher says quarterbacks coach Dowell Loggains likely will call plays. Offensive line coach Mike Munchak will oversee the run offense.
Goobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2010, 02:28 PM   #2
Natedog24
Ring of Famer

Win The Day

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Yikes, hate to hear something like that
Natedog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 02:29 PM   #3
zdoor
Jamaica Bound!

Wow that really sucks...
zdoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 02:30 PM   #4
Mile High Shack
Ring of Famer

Cock-a-doodle-do

yuck, cancer sucks, I think we can all agree on that
Mile High Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 02:32 PM   #5
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Sorry to hear this, thoughts go out to him
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 02:49 PM   #6
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://soundcloud.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

He did well for the Broncos when he was here. I hope things turn out for the best.
Mogulseeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 02:49 PM   #7
Broncosfreak_56
Concrete Cyanide

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

**** cancer.
Broncosfreak_56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 02:56 PM   #8
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

that's terrible
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:03 PM   #9
kupesdad
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncosfreak_56 View Post
**** cancer.
No kidding... I just had to put our family dog down on Monday because she had a basketball size tumor on her shoulder. 3 mos ago she had ACL surgery and right after surgery she developed a tumor on her right frt shoulder. We took her to the vet and they told us it was a common fatty tumor, that it would get pretty big but non-fatal. 3 weeks later it was the size of a football so we took her back. They told us that it was cancerous and she would probably go pretty fast. We started her on pain medicine with the idea that when the medicine stopped working we would do the right thing. They also told us that if they tried to cut it they would probably have to take her leg and couldn't guarantee that the lungs weren't involved. Well this weekend she wasn't responding very well to the meds so we brought her in on Monday and when we got to the Vet's she was licking his face and wagging her tail. Needless to say I felt like I was betraying her and almost stopped him but I knew it was the right thing. It sucks bad. I waited til Chris got back from SD because I knew he would be crushed. Hopefully coach Dinger will respond to the treatment plan.. Does anyone know what kind of cancer it is?
kupesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:19 PM   #10
Broncosfreak_56
Concrete Cyanide

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by kupesdad View Post
No kidding... I just had to put our family dog down on Monday because she had a basketball size tumor on her shoulder. 3 mos ago she had ACL surgery and right after surgery she developed a tumor on her right frt shoulder. We took her to the vet and they told us it was a common fatty tumor, that it would get pretty big but non-fatal. 3 weeks later it was the size of a football so we took her back. They told us that it was cancerous and she would probably go pretty fast. We started her on pain medicine with the idea that when the medicine stopped working we would do the right thing. They also told us that if they tried to cut it they would probably have to take her leg and couldn't guarantee that the lungs weren't involved. Well this weekend she wasn't responding very well to the meds so we brought her in on Monday and when we got to the Vet's she was licking his face and wagging her tail. Needless to say I felt like I was betraying her and almost stopped him but I knew it was the right thing. It sucks bad. I waited til Chris got back from SD because I knew he would be crushed. Hopefully coach Dinger will respond to the treatment plan.. Does anyone know what kind of cancer it is?
The fact that cancer exists in the world is a crime. My Grandma recently died of brain cancer. It just makes me so angry people have to deal with it.

Anyway, hopefully 'Dinger and anyone else who has it can beat it.
Broncosfreak_56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:39 PM   #11
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

So sorry to hear this, thoughts out to the family
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 04:32 PM   #12
backup qb
Ring of Famer

That blows. Hope he beats it. We have a very close friend battling brain cancer. Only 30 or so when she was diagnosed.
backup qb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 04:45 PM   #13
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by kupesdad View Post
Oh wow, I'm so sorry. Been through it and it does suck bad. I know what you mean about betrayal but you're right, it was the best thing and I'm thankful we have that method to help our "family member". She's romping with my Bubba now.

My best to the Heimerdinger family and Mike in particular. May his body be strong enough to fight the cancer.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 05:11 PM   #14
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

If they are giving him chemo rather than surgery then he has had it for awhile, or its in a place where surgery does more harm than good. My mother has been dealing with melanoma since 2002. Not pretty.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 05:34 PM   #15
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

That is too bad.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 05:39 PM   #16
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
If they are giving him chemo rather than surgery then he has had it for awhile, or its in a place where surgery does more harm than good. My mother has been dealing with melanoma since 2002. Not pretty.

This is not true. Some forms of cancer require no surgery at all and chemotherapy is curative (i.e. lymphoma). Sometimes chemo is given before surgery to decrease the size of the tumor and make resection easier (i.e. rectal cancer). It all depends on the type of cancer and the stage.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:28 PM   #17
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Get off my lawn, you kids!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

My best goes out to him. I hope he can make a full recovery...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:49 PM   #18
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Very bad news. I hope for the best for Coach Heimerdinger.

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 01:33 AM   #19
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Cancer ****ing SUCKS!
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 08:07 AM   #20
Dudeskey
Ring of Famer

This space for rent

I hope he caught it early enough to have a chance. All the best to him & his family
Dudeskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 08:15 AM   #21
ShutDownPoster
raging lurker

JUSTICE is served!!

All my best to Dinger. My mom died of cancer and her bday is the 26th. This time of year always gets me down....
ShutDownPoster is offline   Reply With Quote