The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2010, 09:41 PM   #1
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default refs messed up chargers fake punt, per viclombardi

Quote:
Tonight at 10 I'll put the Chargers fake punt under the microscope. The play should've never counted. Refs missed "illegal man downfield".
Quote:
Again, the refs missed a penalty on the Chargers fake punt. Video proof tonight on CBS4 at 10.
interesting, and means exactly nothing now, but it was a turning point in the game, unfortunately.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2010, 09:44 PM   #2
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
interesting, and means exactly nothing now, but it was a turning point in the game, unfortunately.
It was a turning point, but there would have been another one if not this one.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:45 PM   #3
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

It's sad that the "turning point" of the game came in the first 5 minutes of the first quarter.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:46 PM   #4
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Considering who the head referee was I am not shocked.

2 Offensive PI? Whatever Hoe-ding...

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:47 PM   #5
Captain 'Dre
Along For The Ride

For THIS I Went To Grad School?!?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
This didn't involve Ed Hochuli, did it?!?
Captain 'Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:47 PM   #6
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Right, means exactly nothing now......... to make matters worse the punter could of walked for a first down.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:57 PM   #7
cabronco
Broncos & LA Kings fan

PFM / Kopitar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Superbowl Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
It's sad that the "turning point" of the game came in the first 5 minutes of the first quarter.
You're right it is sad, just in first 5 mins. then the rest of the game Broncos went into the tank. The team looked whooped, beat, deflated, uninspired football after that. Thats what I dont get ! Is it the teams fault, McD, Orton, Dawkins, or all the above. There's no leadership going on. As someone posted before, Orton goes as the team goes. I like him,but he cant, or doesnt rally the troops like other good Qb's. I wish he had Tebows spirit out on the field. That was way to soon to be the turning point, but it was.
cabronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:34 PM   #8
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Yep... my husband commented at the time "Chargers got away with a lineman being way downfield".

Not that it matters; the Chargers played like the game was important; the Broncos looked like they were just marking time until their flight home.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:35 PM   #9
richpjr
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

That play did take a long time to develop so it's not surprising that there may have been a man down field but let's be real here - the Chargers won that game big because they were a more talented, more motivated and better coached team.
richpjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:41 PM   #10
400HZ
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ed Hochuli

The short pass that Crayton took to the house had all sorts of illegal blockers downfield, too.
400HZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:44 PM   #11
Broncos4tw
Ring of Famer

They don't see those plays a lot.. so unless they are watching with the mindset "this is going to be a fake punt," they probably are not watching for illegal players downfield.

But that did not lose the game for us. We have much more serious problems, if one play like that, that didn't even result in a TD, makes it impossible for us to win.
Broncos4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:02 PM   #12
Lev Vyvanse
Ring of Famer

The NFL needs to look into this and give us the win.
Lev Vyvanse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:08 PM   #13
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lev Vyvanse View Post
I won't post on the 'Mane until this happens.....

Or until I get back form the fridge.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:25 PM   #14
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

I said at the time, that moment was a momentum/game killer. However, look at the final score, it was only one play and we were raped.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:25 AM   #15
TheProfessor
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Within a series or two after we scored, this was a near repeat of the raiders game.

Thoroughly outplayed and outcoached, we completely failed to match the Chargers intensity throughout the game, we committed WAY too many penalties and looked like a weakminded, soft, undeciplined mess. Oh, and I think we might have a talent issue as well.

Why?

How??

How does this same team put up gritty performances against the jets and Tenessee not to mention a couple of ass kickings over the hawks and KC. In all 4 of those games we looked like a young up and coming team. Only to resemble that mess I wrote about above against the chargers, ravens, and Oakland. I just don't get it...

As to the OP, I can appreciate that the refs blew a call on a big play, but i doubt it had any bearring on the outcome.
TheProfessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 01:23 AM   #16
SPORTSWRITER
Initials are ESP

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDagmar View Post
I said at the time, that moment was a momentum/game killer. However, look at the final score, it was only one play and we were raped.
Agreed, except considering the way we gave up afterward, it looked more consentual to me.
SPORTSWRITER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 02:53 AM   #17
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

At this point, we're not making the playoffs and frankly anybody from this division that makes it will get spanked quickly. That said, Orton has proved that he has improved in this offense but he needs a MUCH stronger run game to go along with his passing to be consistant. We know what he can do now. I think it's time to shake things up a bit and start putting Tebow in the game more often. Maybe even give him a full series here and there rather then just a play at a time. This won't hurt Orton's value should he be deemed trade bait at the end of the year. You don't just want to sit him down and let Tebow take over all the plays because then he would lose some value. It's looking like we will definitely be picking high and if Orton can throw up even dome decent numbers the rest of the way, I'm sure there will be interested teams.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 06:30 AM   #18
BroncosSR
Perennial Pro-bowler

Doesn't really matter. We'd fall for it again the next play like we did in Washington last year...
BroncosSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 08:47 AM   #19
Captain 'Dre
Along For The Ride

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lev Vyvanse View Post
Old 11-24-2010, 08:52 AM   #20
Captain 'Dre
Along For The Ride

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
That said, Orton has proved that he has improved in this offense but he needs a MUCH stronger run game to go along with his passing to be consistant.
I like Kyle, and see him as a good QB... but he's a 2nd Tier QB, IMO.

He's not a Brady, a Manning (Peyton), a Brees or a Rivers.

And with a better supporting cast, he wouldn't HAVE TO be.

But without a better supporting cast, the Broncos are doomed to be very average in the W/L department.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:54 AM   #21
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
so true
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 09:04 AM   #22
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPORTSWRITER View Post
Agreed, except considering the way we gave up afterward, it looked more consentual to me.
Agreed. If your team can't motivate itself for another 47 minutes of play because of a fake punt, you have bigger issues to worry about.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 09:12 AM   #23
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
At this point, we're not making the playoffs and frankly anybody from this division that makes it will get spanked quickly. That said, Orton has proved that he has improved in this offense but he needs a MUCH stronger run game to go along with his passing to be consistant. We know what he can do now. I think it's time to shake things up a bit and start putting Tebow in the game more often. Maybe even give him a full series here and there rather then just a play at a time. This won't hurt Orton's value should he be deemed trade bait at the end of the year. You don't just want to sit him down and let Tebow take over all the plays because then he would lose some value. It's looking like we will definitely be picking high and if Orton can throw up even dome decent numbers the rest of the way, I'm sure there will be interested teams.
This "orton loses value" thing is insane to me. First off, league execs and coaches have two years worth of game film in the broncos system; they know what this guy is about. Two, if Tebow plays POORLY, then it might only strengthen Orton's ties to the Broncos as well as LETTING US KNOW we might want to hold on to Orton. If Tebow plays great, then we get the piece of mind knowing that we have a QB of the future and I'll gladly take that knowledge over a possible drop in Orton's perceived value.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 09:31 AM   #24
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
The real turning point was when the Broncos punted on their second possession. They had to score early and often and when they blew the chance to up by two scores, they were dead.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:35 AM   #25
BoiseBluTurf
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11 View Post
The real turning point was when the Broncos punted on their second possession. They had to score early and often and when they blew the chance to up by two scores, they were dead.

I think the turning point was when Orten didn't get enough air under the ball to a wide open Lloyd. The D.B had slipped... Orten tried to get it there on a line which aloud the D.B to get his arm up and deflect it. The very next play was a pick... Broncos went from a probable TD to an interception. Disclaimer... I'm VERY VERY happy with our qb! He just underthrew this one.
BoiseBluTurf is offline   Reply With Quote