The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2010, 06:00 AM   #1
Jesterhole
Ring of Famer

Ridin' the McFailboat...

Default Tebow getting named in lawsuit

Lol, this is pretty funny. Gotta love this country.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/11/09/tim-te...crazy-lawsuit/
Jesterhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2010, 06:11 AM   #2
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

I can't decide if I should go with: Only in America... or I love America...
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:50 AM   #3
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

There's gotta be something in the water in Florida.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 07:11 AM   #4
Jesterhole
Ring of Famer

Ridin' the McFailboat...

And we all find out he's super crazy when we get here...

"...but in his rambling statement, dude also insinuates that President Obama is conspiring with a local street gang in a diabolical plot against him. So, yeah ....
Jesterhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 07:15 AM   #5
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

I love my country... I love my country... I love my country... I love my country...
Old 11-10-2010, 07:27 AM   #6
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Lol. Later, this guy traveled to India to bash Ghandi.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 07:28 AM   #7
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Let's see, first, the suit will get thrown out. This idiot will pay for any costs Tebow would have to incur. The lawyer should be disbarred, then tarred and feathered.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 07:32 AM   #8
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Question is will this be featured in Tebow's memoirs.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:48 AM   #9
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
This.

Does anyone remember Adam Carolla's "Germany or Florida" game he used to play on Loveline? Hysterical.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 07:52 AM   #10
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
This.

Does anyone remember Adam Carolla's "Germany or Florida" game he used to play on Loveline? Hysterical.
Yes I do. The two locations where all bizarre stories come from.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 07:59 AM   #11
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
This.

I suspect Florida gets it's water from Texas.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:08 AM   #12
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

By telling everyone that "T-Bo sucks", he is committing a sin. The Ten Commandments specifically states that he is not to take the Lord's name in vain. So...this guy is going to hell...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:31 AM   #13
Captain 'Dre
Along For The Ride

For THIS I Went To Grad School?!?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Lol. Later, this guy traveled to India to bash Ghandi.
And then got into his time machine and went back a coupla thousand years to criticize Jesus.
Captain 'Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:39 AM   #14
PRBronco
_never forget_

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth

I knew it. Character red flags. Another wasted pick mCd.
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:26 AM   #15
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

The sad truth is he will probably win. I mean for gods sake a lady bought coffee at Mdc's, was driving her car while drinking it and spilled it on herself and sued them for 3 million and won. ( I am not sure on the amount anymore but you get my point )
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:31 AM   #16
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
The sad truth is he will probably win. I mean for gods sake a lady bought coffee at Mdc's, was driving her car while drinking it and spilled it on herself and sued them for 3 million and won. ( I am not sure on the amount anymore but you get my point )
slip and fall lawyers are the worst. some truck driver lady wasn't being careful and slipped and fell while making a delivery at a Walmart in CO and just got awarded $15M. i hope they fight it. it's absurd. it really has become like a lottery ticket for the underclass in this country... and by underclass, i mean the type of people who either 1) watch Jerry Springer, and/or 2) have been on Jerry Springer.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:35 AM   #17
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Lmfao, wtf
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:43 AM   #18
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
slip and fall lawyers are the worst. some truck driver lady wasn't being careful and slipped and fell while making a delivery at a Walmart in CO and just got awarded $15M. i hope they fight it. it's absurd. it really has become like a lottery ticket for the underclass in this country... and by underclass, i mean the type of people who either 1) watch Jerry Springer, and/or 2) have been on Jerry Springer.
You can sure for anything.
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:43 AM   #19
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKid A View Post
Yes I do. The two locations where all bizarre stories come from.
Yep!!

Hilarious.

They'd read some bizarre, macabre news story... and the callers had to guess whether it happened in Florida or Germany. ****ing awesome.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:40 AM   #20
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
That was a legit case though, even though it doesn't sound like it:

The plaintiff and the spill incident. The plaintiff, a 79-year-old grandmother named Stella Liebeck, was not driving, nor was the vehicle moving when the injury occurred. While the car was stopped, Mrs. Liebeck, who was sitting in the passenger seat, tried to hold the coffee cup between her knees as she removed the lid. The cup tipped over, spilling the contents into her lap.

The injury. Mrs. Liebeck’s injury was anything but trivial. The scalding-hot coffee caused third-degree burns over 16% of her body, including her genital area. She had to be hospitalized for eight days. She required extensive skin grafts and was permanently scarred. She was disabled for a period of two years. During the ensuing trial, Mrs. Liebeck’s physician testified that her injury was one of the worst cases of scalding he’d ever seen.

The coffee. At the time, McDonalds’ corporate specifications explicitly called for coffee to be served at a temperature between 180 and 190 degrees Fahrenheit. An expert witness testified that liquids at this temperature will cause third degree burns of human skin in two to seven seconds. (Coffee served at home is typically 135 to 140 degrees.)

McDonalds’ culpability. During discovery, McDonald’s was required to produce corporate documents of similar cases. More than 700(!) claims had been made against McDonald’s, and many of the victims had suffered third-degree burns similar to Mrs. Liebeck’s. Yet the company had refused to change its policy, supposedly because a consultant had recommended the high temperature as a way to maintain optimum taste. Some have speculated that the real reason for the high temperature was to slow down consumption of the coffee, reducing the demand for free refills.

Greed? Despite the pain caused by her injury, and the lengthy and expensive treatments she required, Mrs. Liebeck originally offered to settle with McDonald’s for $20,000. The corporation offered her a mere $800, so the case went to trial.

---------------------------

So, yeah...
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:14 AM   #21
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Quote:

The plaintiff and the spill incident. The plaintiff, a 79-year-old grandmother named Stella Liebeck, was not driving, nor was the vehicle moving when the injury occurred. While the car was stopped, Mrs. Liebeck, who was sitting in the passenger seat, tried to hold the coffee cup between her knees as she removed the lid. The cup tipped over, spilling the contents into her lap.

The injury. Mrs. Liebeck’s injury was anything but trivial. The scalding-hot coffee caused third-degree burns over 16% of her body, including her genital area. She had to be hospitalized for eight days. She required extensive skin grafts and was permanently scarred. She was disabled for a period of two years. During the ensuing trial, Mrs. Liebeck’s physician testified that her injury was one of the worst cases of scalding he’d ever seen.

The coffee. At the time, McDonalds’ corporate specifications explicitly called for coffee to be served at a temperature between 180 and 190 degrees Fahrenheit. An expert witness testified that liquids at this temperature will cause third degree burns of human skin in two to seven seconds. (Coffee served at home is typically 135 to 140 degrees.)

McDonalds’ culpability. During discovery, McDonald’s was required to produce corporate documents of similar cases. More than 700(!) claims had been made against McDonald’s, and many of the victims had suffered third-degree burns similar to Mrs. Liebeck’s. Yet the company had refused to change its policy, supposedly because a consultant had recommended the high temperature as a way to maintain optimum taste. Some have speculated that the real reason for the high temperature was to slow down consumption of the coffee, reducing the demand for free refills.

Greed? Despite the pain caused by her injury, and the lengthy and expensive treatments she required, Mrs. Liebeck originally offered to settle with McDonald’s for $20,000. The corporation offered her a mere $800, so the case went to trial.

So, yeah...
Excellent post Rev. I always wondered about the real story behind the oft referred to legend. It puts it in perspective. Seems to me based on this her claims were legit and reasonable. Not that all claims are of course.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:17 AM   #22
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:

So, yeah...
She bought hot coffee
She used her knees to hold the cup and started messing with the lid
She spilled the coffee on herself.

Stupid Stupid stupid.

If I sell you a gun and you point it at your face and pull the trigger is that my fault ?
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:49 AM   #23
v2micca
Ring of Famer

There is a reason Florida has its own label on Fark.com.
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:56 AM   #24
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Was the guy's nickname Broncos Warrior?
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:01 PM   #25
Broncomutt
Looking for

the Sunflower Samurai

Quote:
She bought hot coffee
She used her knees to hold the cup and started messing with the lid
She spilled the coffee on herself.

Stupid Stupid stupid.

If I sell you a gun and you point it at your face and pull the trigger is that my fault ?
I think the point that jumps out to me is 3rd degree burns. Do you know that means permanent irreversible tissue and nerve damage? Nobody should endure permanent tissue and nerve damage from a spilled cup of coffee.

It's not about the spill. It's about the fact she was handed a paper cup full of molten liquid.
Broncomutt is offline   Reply With Quote