The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2010, 03:27 PM   #1
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default OT - COD: Black Ops

Anyone picking up this game Tuesday? besides Kinect and all, it's suppose to be the biggest game this year.

I don't think it's going to top MW2 but looks good none the less.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2010, 03:30 PM   #2
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

Zombie Mode with JFK, Nixon and Castro.
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:30 PM   #3
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin' Bronco View Post
Anyone picking up this game Tuesday? besides Kinect and all, it's suppose to be the biggest game this year.

I don't think it's going to top MW2 but looks good none the less.
I love those games but they are too short. I hope this one is longer.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:32 PM   #4
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
I love those games but they are too short. I hope this one is longer.
Same here, but people buy it for the multi player anyways.

I start out on the campaign just to get use to it.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:34 PM   #5
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Same here, but people buy it for the multi player anyways.

I start out on the campaign just to get use to it.
I tried the on-line thing, just get my ass kicked. I don't understand how I can beat the game on hard but pop on line and I am dead.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:38 PM   #6
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer

21’s No Champ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15

Quote:
I tried the on-line thing, just get my ass kicked. I don't understand how I can beat the game on hard but pop on line and I am dead.
Because the people online didn't just play a 6 hour campaign. Those guys play hundreds of hours online.
BMarsh615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:39 PM   #7
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Same here, but I hold my own now when I want to.

Don't feel bad that's all those kids do is play online.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:45 PM   #8
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Online play is a different style, I had the same experience initially, on the other hand I find it really easy now to beat the game after getting good at online play.

It is all about checking corners, knowing your weapons and quick aim.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:47 PM   #9
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

I am not buying it, COD has been a stable christmas present from my parents since COD2, wouldn't want to break the tradition.

I really hope they fix the balance issues that have plaqued the recent COD games, the mp5 and m16 of COD4, MP40 extended mags from world at war and ACR, UMP from MW2. I also hope they make better maps, the MW2 maps were too small given the power of rocket launchers and lightweight-marathon, they could really learn from MOH.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:47 PM   #10
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Online play is a different style, I had the same experience initially, on the other hand I find it really easy now to beat the game after getting good at online play.

It is all about checking corners, knowing your weapons and quick aim.
Once you learn the ropes it comes pretty easy and get use the weapons you like and perks.

I just started using the sniper class WA2000, I can own with that thing.

Before I didn't really care about snipering, it's a lot of fun now.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:52 PM   #11
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
I am not buying it, COD has been a stable christmas present from my parents since COD2, wouldn't want to break the tradition.

I really hope they fix the balance issues that have plaqued the recent COD games, the mp5 and m16 of COD4, MP40 extended mags from world at war and ACR, UMP from MW2. I also hope they make better maps, the MW2 maps were too small given the power of rocket launchers and lightweight-marathon, they could really learn from MOH.
I hope they fix the connection problems, nothing like getting a AC-130 or Chopper gunner and seeing "lost connection" or "game lobby closed"

Or getting 25 kills with the game winning kill and losing connection.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:53 PM   #12
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRulon McVelvet McJones View Post
Zombie Mode with JFK, Nixon and Castro.
Also Robert Macnamara.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:56 PM   #13
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer

21’s No Champ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15

The worst part about MW2 was that everything was too powerful. Shotgun secondaries, akimbo G18's, akimbo Rafikas, all of the Assault Rifles but the F2000, all of the SMG's, every LMG was a 2 shot kill anywhere on the body with Stopping Power....

The good thing about Black Ops though is they got rid of Stopping Power so you can take a few more bullets and still have a chance to get behind cover.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:57 PM   #14
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMarsh615 View Post
The worst part about MW2 was that everything was too powerful. Shotgun secondaries, akimbo G18's, akimbo Rafikas, all of the Assault Rifles but the F2000, all of the SMG's, every LMG was a 2 shot kill anywhere on the body with Stopping Power....

The good thing about Black Ops though is they got rid of Stopping Power so you can take a few more bullets and still have a chance to get behind cover.
Good points.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:57 PM   #15
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer

21’s No Champ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15

Quote:
Once you learn the ropes it comes pretty easy and get use the weapons you like and perks.

I just started using the sniper class WA2000, I can own with that thing.

Before I didn't really care about snipering, it's a lot of fun now.
Wow. Why would you use the WA2000? Props to you if you are good with it because that is easily the worst sniper rifle in the game. The Intervention and Barrett .50 Cal are the only two snipers that I can do decent with.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:14 PM   #16
Sir_Robin
Veteran Armor Soiler

Bravely taking to his feet...

Quote:
You pretty much have to accept the fact that you're gonna get your ass kicked to begin with. Expect a k/d ration of 1 to 2 and you're right on target. Eventually you'll get it closer to the opposite. I think it took me about one full prestige level to get the hang of it.

The other problem with MW2 is the connection issues. Unless you are one of the lucky few who always manage to get a good connection you'll have games that go from great to awful with nothing changing about your gameplay save the connection. If I have a good connection I'm good for 20 kills avg and 4 deaths avg doing pretty much anything I want - run n gun, camp or hunt. With a bad connection I have to camp just to stay on the positive side with my k/d.

I'm hoping Black Ops will be better since it's a Treyarch product. WOW seemed more consistent connection wise for me. If it is, I'll be hard pressed to ever by an InfinityWard product again.
Sir_Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:30 PM   #17
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

In before dogcow ****s on your thread.

I'm stoked for this one! Explosive crossbows, remote control car bombs, and some REALLY great new multiplayer modes....I'll be reserving my copy tomorrow!
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:32 PM   #18
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Robin View Post
You pretty much have to accept the fact that you're gonna get your ass kicked to begin with. Expect a k/d ration of 1 to 2 and you're right on target. Eventually you'll get it closer to the opposite. I think it took me about one full prestige level to get the hang of it.

The other problem with MW2 is the connection issues. Unless you are one of the lucky few who always manage to get a good connection you'll have games that go from great to awful with nothing changing about your gameplay save the connection. If I have a good connection I'm good for 20 kills avg and 4 deaths avg doing pretty much anything I want - run n gun, camp or hunt. With a bad connection I have to camp just to stay on the positive side with my k/d.

I'm hoping Black Ops will be better since it's a Treyarch product. WOW seemed more consistent connection wise for me. If it is, I'll be hard pressed to ever by an InfinityWard product again.
i dont believe you sir. what system do you have
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:36 PM   #19
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Online is amazing! It really can be tough when you play with people who are ridiculously good though. I have liie a 1.15 kill to death ratio and I consider myself definitely above average. Some of my friends have above a 2.0 k/d ratio which is crazy.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:47 PM   #20
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Robin View Post

I find if I am on a 3 bar I can keep my K/D above 1 every time, if I am on a 4 bar I can pretty consistently get my kill streaks, however on a 2-bar there is nothing you can do, your bullets won't track and you get knifed by people who you haven't even seen.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:50 PM   #21
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMarsh615 View Post
Wow. Why would you use the WA2000? Props to you if you are good with it because that is easily the worst sniper rifle in the game. The Intervention and Barrett .50 Cal are the only two snipers that I can do decent with.
The only sniper I have ever done well with is the M21 EBR, I suck with the intervention and barrett.

The M21 is really nice because snipers doesn't impede your speed as much as most other weapons and the M21 has really little recoil and is always a 2 shot kill at any distance and hit with silencer. I find if I run it with scavenger and steady aim it is good.

Aside from the ACR which is just way overpowered, the TAR-21, MP5K and Famas are my favourites.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:59 PM   #22
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Modern Warfare 2 actually has me distancing myself from COD for awhile. Something about fighting to take back the blown out White House from Russians or firing at Russian fuel depots at the WW2 and Washington Monuments hit me a little harder than any game has been able to.

So maybe in a few months. Not now.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 06:34 PM   #23
Dukes
Ring of Famer

Looking forward to buy it soon. Also looking forward to Fallout New Las Vegas! Oh yeah!
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 06:37 PM   #24
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Silence View Post
Looking forward to buy it soon. Also looking forward to Fallout New Las Vegas! Oh yeah!

I have this game. It is sweetness. Some technical bugs, but nothing too serious. I love it.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 06:44 PM   #25
Dukes
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
I have this game. It is sweetness. Some technical bugs, but nothing too serious. I love it.

I need to get it. Just rarely have time to play video games anymore. Is it anything like fallout 3?
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote