The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2010, 03:27 PM   #1
Los Broncos
Broncos Country
 
Los Broncos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Eastern Utah
Posts: 18,738

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default OT - COD: Black Ops

Anyone picking up this game Tuesday? besides Kinect and all, it's suppose to be the biggest game this year.

I don't think it's going to top MW2 but looks good none the less.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2010, 03:30 PM   #2
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.
 
Rulon Velvet Jones's Avatar
 
Tight Butthole

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 6,677

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC
Default

Zombie Mode with JFK, Nixon and Castro.
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:30 PM   #3
Quoydogs
I can fix it .
 
Quoydogs's Avatar
 
Here's Johnny !

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 3,708

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin' Bronco View Post
Anyone picking up this game Tuesday? besides Kinect and all, it's suppose to be the biggest game this year.

I don't think it's going to top MW2 but looks good none the less.
I love those games but they are too short. I hope this one is longer.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:32 PM   #4
Los Broncos
Broncos Country
 
Los Broncos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Eastern Utah
Posts: 18,738

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
I love those games but they are too short. I hope this one is longer.
Same here, but people buy it for the multi player anyways.

I start out on the campaign just to get use to it.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:34 PM   #5
Quoydogs
I can fix it .
 
Quoydogs's Avatar
 
Here's Johnny !

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 3,708

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin' Bronco View Post
Same here, but people buy it for the multi player anyways.

I start out on the campaign just to get use to it.
I tried the on-line thing, just get my ass kicked. I don't understand how I can beat the game on hard but pop on line and I am dead.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:38 PM   #6
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer
 
21’s No Champ

Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,087

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
I tried the on-line thing, just get my ass kicked. I don't understand how I can beat the game on hard but pop on line and I am dead.
Because the people online didn't just play a 6 hour campaign. Those guys play hundreds of hours online.
BMarsh615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:39 PM   #7
Los Broncos
Broncos Country
 
Los Broncos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Eastern Utah
Posts: 18,738

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
I tried the on-line thing, just get my ass kicked. I don't understand how I can beat the game on hard but pop on line and I am dead.
Same here, but I hold my own now when I want to.

Don't feel bad that's all those kids do is play online.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:45 PM   #8
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Næstved, DK
Posts: 11,085

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
I tried the on-line thing, just get my ass kicked. I don't understand how I can beat the game on hard but pop on line and I am dead.
Online play is a different style, I had the same experience initially, on the other hand I find it really easy now to beat the game after getting good at online play.

It is all about checking corners, knowing your weapons and quick aim.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:47 PM   #9
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Næstved, DK
Posts: 11,085

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

I am not buying it, COD has been a stable christmas present from my parents since COD2, wouldn't want to break the tradition.

I really hope they fix the balance issues that have plaqued the recent COD games, the mp5 and m16 of COD4, MP40 extended mags from world at war and ACR, UMP from MW2. I also hope they make better maps, the MW2 maps were too small given the power of rocket launchers and lightweight-marathon, they could really learn from MOH.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:47 PM   #10
Los Broncos
Broncos Country
 
Los Broncos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Eastern Utah
Posts: 18,738

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Online play is a different style, I had the same experience initially, on the other hand I find it really easy now to beat the game after getting good at online play.

It is all about checking corners, knowing your weapons and quick aim.
Once you learn the ropes it comes pretty easy and get use the weapons you like and perks.

I just started using the sniper class WA2000, I can own with that thing.

Before I didn't really care about snipering, it's a lot of fun now.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:52 PM   #11
Los Broncos
Broncos Country
 
Los Broncos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Eastern Utah
Posts: 18,738

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
I am not buying it, COD has been a stable christmas present from my parents since COD2, wouldn't want to break the tradition.

I really hope they fix the balance issues that have plaqued the recent COD games, the mp5 and m16 of COD4, MP40 extended mags from world at war and ACR, UMP from MW2. I also hope they make better maps, the MW2 maps were too small given the power of rocket launchers and lightweight-marathon, they could really learn from MOH.
I hope they fix the connection problems, nothing like getting a AC-130 or Chopper gunner and seeing "lost connection" or "game lobby closed"

Or getting 25 kills with the game winning kill and losing connection.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:53 PM   #12
Killericon
Front 7, Please
 
Killericon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Alberta
Posts: 7,653

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRulon McVelvet McJones View Post
Zombie Mode with JFK, Nixon and Castro.
Also Robert Macnamara.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:56 PM   #13
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer
 
21’s No Champ

Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,087

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15
Default

The worst part about MW2 was that everything was too powerful. Shotgun secondaries, akimbo G18's, akimbo Rafikas, all of the Assault Rifles but the F2000, all of the SMG's, every LMG was a 2 shot kill anywhere on the body with Stopping Power....

The good thing about Black Ops though is they got rid of Stopping Power so you can take a few more bullets and still have a chance to get behind cover.
BMarsh615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:57 PM   #14
Los Broncos
Broncos Country
 
Los Broncos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Eastern Utah
Posts: 18,738

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMarsh615 View Post
The worst part about MW2 was that everything was too powerful. Shotgun secondaries, akimbo G18's, akimbo Rafikas, all of the Assault Rifles but the F2000, all of the SMG's, every LMG was a 2 shot kill anywhere on the body with Stopping Power....

The good thing about Black Ops though is they got rid of Stopping Power so you can take a few more bullets and still have a chance to get behind cover.
Good points.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:57 PM   #15
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer
 
21’s No Champ

Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,087

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin' Bronco View Post
Once you learn the ropes it comes pretty easy and get use the weapons you like and perks.

I just started using the sniper class WA2000, I can own with that thing.

Before I didn't really care about snipering, it's a lot of fun now.
Wow. Why would you use the WA2000? Props to you if you are good with it because that is easily the worst sniper rifle in the game. The Intervention and Barrett .50 Cal are the only two snipers that I can do decent with.
BMarsh615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:14 PM   #16
Sir_Robin
Veteran Armor Soiler
 
Sir_Robin's Avatar
 
Bravely taking to his feet...

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Camelot
Posts: 399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
I tried the on-line thing, just get my ass kicked. I don't understand how I can beat the game on hard but pop on line and I am dead.
You pretty much have to accept the fact that you're gonna get your ass kicked to begin with. Expect a k/d ration of 1 to 2 and you're right on target. Eventually you'll get it closer to the opposite. I think it took me about one full prestige level to get the hang of it.

The other problem with MW2 is the connection issues. Unless you are one of the lucky few who always manage to get a good connection you'll have games that go from great to awful with nothing changing about your gameplay save the connection. If I have a good connection I'm good for 20 kills avg and 4 deaths avg doing pretty much anything I want - run n gun, camp or hunt. With a bad connection I have to camp just to stay on the positive side with my k/d.

I'm hoping Black Ops will be better since it's a Treyarch product. WOW seemed more consistent connection wise for me. If it is, I'll be hard pressed to ever by an InfinityWard product again.
Sir_Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:30 PM   #17
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive
 
Boobs McGee's Avatar
 
till the day that I die

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Glendale
Posts: 5,004

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P
Default

In before dogcow ****s on your thread.

I'm stoked for this one! Explosive crossbows, remote control car bombs, and some REALLY great new multiplayer modes....I'll be reserving my copy tomorrow!
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:32 PM   #18
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,722

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Robin View Post
You pretty much have to accept the fact that you're gonna get your ass kicked to begin with. Expect a k/d ration of 1 to 2 and you're right on target. Eventually you'll get it closer to the opposite. I think it took me about one full prestige level to get the hang of it.

The other problem with MW2 is the connection issues. Unless you are one of the lucky few who always manage to get a good connection you'll have games that go from great to awful with nothing changing about your gameplay save the connection. If I have a good connection I'm good for 20 kills avg and 4 deaths avg doing pretty much anything I want - run n gun, camp or hunt. With a bad connection I have to camp just to stay on the positive side with my k/d.

I'm hoping Black Ops will be better since it's a Treyarch product. WOW seemed more consistent connection wise for me. If it is, I'll be hard pressed to ever by an InfinityWard product again.
i dont believe you sir. what system do you have
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:36 PM   #19
McDman
Ring of Famer
 
McDman's Avatar
 
Huzzah!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,685

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Online is amazing! It really can be tough when you play with people who are ridiculously good though. I have liie a 1.15 kill to death ratio and I consider myself definitely above average. Some of my friends have above a 2.0 k/d ratio which is crazy.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:47 PM   #20
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Næstved, DK
Posts: 11,085

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Robin View Post
You pretty much have to accept the fact that you're gonna get your ass kicked to begin with. Expect a k/d ration of 1 to 2 and you're right on target. Eventually you'll get it closer to the opposite. I think it took me about one full prestige level to get the hang of it.

The other problem with MW2 is the connection issues. Unless you are one of the lucky few who always manage to get a good connection you'll have games that go from great to awful with nothing changing about your gameplay save the connection. If I have a good connection I'm good for 20 kills avg and 4 deaths avg doing pretty much anything I want - run n gun, camp or hunt. With a bad connection I have to camp just to stay on the positive side with my k/d.

I'm hoping Black Ops will be better since it's a Treyarch product. WOW seemed more consistent connection wise for me. If it is, I'll be hard pressed to ever by an InfinityWard product again.


I find if I am on a 3 bar I can keep my K/D above 1 every time, if I am on a 4 bar I can pretty consistently get my kill streaks, however on a 2-bar there is nothing you can do, your bullets won't track and you get knifed by people who you haven't even seen.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:50 PM   #21
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Næstved, DK
Posts: 11,085

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMarsh615 View Post
Wow. Why would you use the WA2000? Props to you if you are good with it because that is easily the worst sniper rifle in the game. The Intervention and Barrett .50 Cal are the only two snipers that I can do decent with.
The only sniper I have ever done well with is the M21 EBR, I suck with the intervention and barrett.

The M21 is really nice because snipers doesn't impede your speed as much as most other weapons and the M21 has really little recoil and is always a 2 shot kill at any distance and hit with silencer. I find if I run it with scavenger and steady aim it is good.

Aside from the ACR which is just way overpowered, the TAR-21, MP5K and Famas are my favourites.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:59 PM   #22
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,647
Default

Modern Warfare 2 actually has me distancing myself from COD for awhile. Something about fighting to take back the blown out White House from Russians or firing at Russian fuel depots at the WW2 and Washington Monuments hit me a little harder than any game has been able to.

So maybe in a few months. Not now.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 06:34 PM   #23
Dukes
Ring of Famer
 
Dukes's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 6,163
Default

Looking forward to buy it soon. Also looking forward to Fallout New Las Vegas! Oh yeah!
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 06:37 PM   #24
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Silence View Post
Looking forward to buy it soon. Also looking forward to Fallout New Las Vegas! Oh yeah!

I have this game. It is sweetness. Some technical bugs, but nothing too serious. I love it.


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 06:44 PM   #25
Dukes
Ring of Famer
 
Dukes's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 6,163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
I have this game. It is sweetness. Some technical bugs, but nothing too serious. I love it.


I need to get it. Just rarely have time to play video games anymore. Is it anything like fallout 3?
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:49 PM.


Denver Broncos