The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2010, 11:51 PM   #1
bronco0608
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default what if we were injury free like the 1997 super bowl broncos?

name a starter off that team that was injured for a significant period of time. you cant.

this team aint the 97 broncos, but major injuries to your starters will affect your record.

where would we be if the following starters

elvis dummervil
andre goodman
robert ayers
ryan harris
knowshon moreno
brian dawkins
spencer larsen

...never missed a game? sure as hell wouldnt be 2-6

you can only handle so many injuries. sometimes, luck on thr injury front plays a major role in team success.
bronco0608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2010, 11:54 PM   #2
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Wouldn't be 2-6, no way.

Wouldn't win the Super Bowl, either.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 11:56 PM   #3
bronco0608
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

something like 20 starters played 15 games or more for that 97 team. You can't funk with that. when you line up your best and lose, you can handle that. but we have been lining up our b team for the majority of the year. thats tough as ****.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:57 PM   #4
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Wouldn't be 2-6, no way.

Wouldn't win the Super Bowl, either.
just think if we had doom and ayers all year, nevermind the rest of the guys. we dont lose to the jets, we beat the jaguars. they would be enough to switch any close game denver lost into our favor. 49ers wouldnt have even been close i imagine.

Last edited by tsiguy96; 11-05-2010 at 12:02 AM..
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 11:58 PM   #5
bronco0608
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

and you could also include Chris Kuper, Ryan Clady, Demaryius Thomas, Perrish Cox and Correll Buckhalter in that injury mix.

Its been hella tough for us
Old 11-05-2010, 12:54 AM   #6
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://twitter.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
just think if we had doom and ayers all year, nevermind the rest of the guys. we dont lose to the jets, we beat the jaguars. they would be enough to switch any close game denver lost into our favor. 49ers wouldnt have even been close i imagine.
This is what I've been saying.

We're 5-3 right now with just those two players.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:27 AM   #7
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Injury free, this team would be a middle of the road team. But injury free is rare, and every team is dealing with them. So the Broncos are what they are. If every team took away the injury factor then they'd all be better too, and a lot of them still better than this Broncos team.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:34 AM   #8
Champagne Powder
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco0608 View Post
name a starter off that team that was injured for a significant period of time. you cant.
Tory James. Starting cornerback opposite of Ray Crockett tore his patella tendon in training camp. Darrien Gordon was supposed to be the nickel back that season.
Champagne Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:10 AM   #9
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Typical excuses.Every team has injuries...The problem with our team is coaching.
Just keep dreaming that we will be better team with them.
The player's that you mentioned played last year.Still, we won only 2 games after bye week.
Most of the teams in NFL can give the same excuse..
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:31 AM   #10
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
Typical excuses.Every team has injuries...The problem with our team is coaching.
Just keep dreaming that we will be better team with them.
The player's that you mentioned played last year.Still, we won only 2 games after bye week.
Most of the teams in NFL can give the same excuse..
YEP. Scheme...coaching. Hired a dumbass coordinator or line coach. Fired the old good one.....you name it McD has made the mistake.
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 06:30 AM   #11
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

I just don't fully buy into the "if we were only injury free" garbage.

I realize the importance of Doom and Ayers, but I cannot say for sure we win any of the games we lost with them in or not...and it's silly to even speculate.

Look at the Colts then b**** about injuries, they keep rolling because aside from Manning they have the system to plug players in to succeed.

I myself am not convinced we get more than an extra win with a full squad this year, our coaching is just miserable top to bottom. Sure it would help, but I think it's an excuse and it's sad that we have reached the point of accepting the product and make excuses for it.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 06:33 AM   #12
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in McLA View Post
Injury free, this team would be a middle of the road team. But injury free is rare, and every team is dealing with them. So the Broncos are what they are. If every team took away the injury factor then they'd all be better too, and a lot of them still better than this Broncos team.
How many of those teams who are dealing with injuries lost the NFL's defending sack leader for the entire season, then couldn't get pressure on the QB?

I think we'd be middle of the road as well, but I bet we'd be at LEAST 4-4, if not 5-3.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:34 AM   #13
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
YEP. Scheme...coaching. Hired a dumbass coordinator or line coach. Fired the old good one.....you name it McD has made the mistake.
Christ, you are a ****ing retard. No, seriously. Do you live in a home where they wipe your ass for you? I'm not sure you're actually capable of doing something like that.

The old coach wasn't fired. In fact, none of the old coaches were fired. DURKA DURRRRRRRRRRR.

What a ****ing dip**** retard loser.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:35 AM   #14
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneDenverMooseGuy View Post
How many of those teams who are dealing with injuries lost the NFL's defending sack leader for the entire season, then couldn't get pressure on the QB?

I think we'd be middle of the road as well, but I bet we'd be at LEAST 4-4, if not 5-3.
I absolutely think it's a valid point Moose, but if we are relying on one single person on defense to keep us above water...then the problems are a lot deeper than we all realize

Teams like the Ravens and Steelers can lose crucial guys and plug other guys in to at least get them by for a while...why is that do you think?
Old 11-05-2010, 06:40 AM   #15
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
I absolutely think it's a valid point Moose, but if we are relying on one single person on defense to keep us above water...then the problems are a lot deeper than we all realize

Teams like the Ravens and Steelers can lose crucial guys and plug other guys in to at least get them by for a while...why is that do you think?
I understand that Rabb (what happened to the Mc?), and it was just a single example. I could point to the running game with backups on the line and a MASH unit in the backfield as well.

But losing Elvis is a MAJOR loss for this team. A guy like that is just one guy, true, but he also makes everyone on the line better. He makes linebackers better. With him and a healthy Ayers on the other end... instead of Moss and whoeverthe**** we have playing opposite him... I mean, it makes a huge difference.

And since everything starts up front on defense...
Old 11-05-2010, 06:43 AM   #16
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

I had to drop the Mc, I just cannot support the coach right now...not really a hater yet but the honeymoon is over for me.

I hope you are right man, my point is that if we had better backups this wouldn't happen...and the choosing/drafting of players is on the staff.

who knows, go Broncos
Old 11-05-2010, 06:48 AM   #17
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco0608 View Post
and you could also include Chris Kuper, Ryan Clady, Demaryius Thomas, Perrish Cox and Correll Buckhalter in that injury mix.

Its been hella tough for us
We lost White for the year too and he was looking like a good fit in preseason.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 06:51 AM   #18
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
I had to drop the Mc, I just cannot support the coach right now...not really a hater yet but the honeymoon is over for me.

I hope you are right man, my point is that if we had better backups this wouldn't happen...and the choosing/drafting of players is on the staff.

who knows, go Broncos
That's cool. And you're right, if we had better backups we would be better. There's no question about it.

But getting good backups is a lot harder than you'd think, especially when we re-tooled almost the entire defense from the dog**** it had been previously. We spent our picks and FA pickups to get starters, combined with a little bit of depth, but you don't draft a guy in the first three rounds to be a backup, and you don't hit on many late round picks as starters. I just don't know where we're expecting these starting-quality backups to come from.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:55 AM   #19
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Why would it matter? Most of the game costing mistakes are from opening day starters...

While we are playing the if game, we should also do it for the 2008 team. They had more injuries than this one currently does. I bet Shanahan would be working on his 5th SB here at this point if he didn't have to deal with injuries. It is just too bad Bowlen doesn't see this as an excuse.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 06:59 AM   #20
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
That's cool. And you're right, if we had better backups we would be better. There's no question about it.

But getting good backups is a lot harder than you'd think, especially when we re-tooled almost the entire defense from the dog**** it had been previously. We spent our picks and FA pickups to get starters, combined with a little bit of depth, but you don't draft a guy in the first three rounds to be a backup, and you don't hit on many late round picks as starters. I just don't know where we're expecting these starting-quality backups to come from.
that's fair enough, but how do teams like Baltimore and Pittsburgh manage to do it then?
Old 11-05-2010, 07:01 AM   #21
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
that's fair enough, but how do teams like Baltimore and Pittsburgh manage to do it then?
They didn't have Mike Shanahan drafting for them for the previous ten years.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:02 AM   #22
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
When was the last time either of those teams had a complete rebuild on either side of the ball? They've got 3-4 year vets as their backups who have been in the system for the entirety of those years. We're playing rookies or journeymen in a lot of those roles.

That's how I see it, anyway.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:02 AM   #23
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

.......as much as tebonites

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Quote:
Christ, you are a ****ing retard. No, seriously. Do you live in a home where they wipe your ass for you? I'm not sure you're actually capable of doing something like that.

The old coach wasn't fired. In fact, none of the old coaches were fired. DURKA DURRRRRRRRRRR.

What a ****ing dip**** retard loser.

This also applies to gobroncos (assinine moniker) who is also a douche.
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:04 AM   #24
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I just don't fully buy into the "if we were only injury free" garbage.

I realize the importance of Doom and Ayers, but I cannot say for sure we win any of the games we lost with them in or not...and it's silly to even speculate.

Look at the Colts then b**** about injuries, they keep rolling because aside from Manning they have the system to plug players in to succeed.

I myself am not convinced we get more than an extra win with a full squad this year, our coaching is just miserable top to bottom. Sure it would help, but I think it's an excuse and it's sad that we have reached the point of accepting the product and make excuses for it.
have them lose dwight freeney in preseason, see how good their D is then.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:05 AM   #25
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailgateNut View Post
This also applies to gobroncos (assinine moniker) who is also a douche.
You forgot the underscore, it's go (underscore) broncos. Cleaver no?