The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2010, 03:07 PM   #1
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos
 
The MVPlaya's Avatar
 
out with the old, IN WITH THE NEW

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 5,383
Default Ben Hamilton placed on IR due to "significant concussion"

Yeah... you know because McDaniels tore the offensive line apart and all from what we had in 08... yeah... you know...

http://blog.seahawks.com/2010/11/02/...amilton-to-ir/


The Seahawks placed both players on injured reserve today, Bryant because of knee injury and Hamilton because of what coach Pete Carroll called a “pretty significant” concussion.

EDIT

Due to the dumb assness of members on this forum I need to add that I appreciate Ben Hamilton's hard work and all his great years in Denver. In no way am I happy that Ben Hamilton got injured or put on IR. I understand that this type of injury affects his life every day and in the long term along with his family.

Thank you Ben Hamilton for all your services for the Denver Broncos. Get well soon, you will always be a Bronco.

I thought this would be pretty obvious - but you guys are obviously not very intelligent nor are you capable of extracting main ideas out of context.

Last edited by The MVPlaya; 11-02-2010 at 08:21 PM..
The MVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2010, 03:10 PM   #2
Killericon
Front 7, Please
 
Killericon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Alberta
Posts: 7,653

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock
Default

Ben is done, I think. Great career, great player. Wish him all the best.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:13 PM   #3
24champ
Livin' the dream!
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,694

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

That sucks, Hamilton had a rough time with the concussion symptoms. Pretty sad story, and hope he gets well for his family's sake.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:18 PM   #4
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 19,821
Default

I don't see what's so funny about a guy getting significant brain trauma
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:21 PM   #5
_Oro_
Formerly known as Casson
 
_Oro_'s Avatar
 
Don't run that sh*t this way.

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Posts: 1,194

Adopt-a-Bronco:
- R. Ayers
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
I don't see what's so funny about a guy getting significant brain trauma
Yup. Our own Perrish Cox can't remember the Raider game... that he played in.
_Oro_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:22 PM   #6
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,800
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Oro_ View Post
Yup. Our own Perrish Cox can't remember the Raider game... that he played in.
... and yet people on this board want to defend helmet-to-helmet hits.

I mean, concussions are an unavoidable risk of the profession. Still, more needs to be done to protect these guys. It's just not worth it.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:23 PM   #7
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,664

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MVPlaya View Post
Yeah... you know because McDaniels tore the offensive line apart and all from what we had in 08... yeah... you know...

http://blog.seahawks.com/2010/11/02/...amilton-to-ir/


The Seahawks placed both players on injured reserve today, Bryant because of knee injury and Hamilton because of what coach Pete Carroll called a “pretty significant” concussion.
What do these Seahawks injuries in 2010 have to do with anything Josh McDaniels? And why is that funny?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:26 PM   #8
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos
 
The MVPlaya's Avatar
 
out with the old, IN WITH THE NEW

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 5,383
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
What do these Seahawks injuries in 2010 have to do with anything Josh McDaniels? And why is that funny?
Because Ben Hamilton played for us in 2008 and 2009 and people here have claimed that he tore that amazing line apart from 08? Were you not able to connect the dots?

Te be fair, this has been an on going issue with Hamilton, it's nothing new.

And people who think I'm laughing at Ben Hamilton are just looking for something new to cry about... you guys can't be this stupid.

But it's all good, when Moreno gets injured we can poke at that.
The MVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:31 PM   #9
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,664

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MVPlaya View Post
Because Ben Hamilton played for us in 2008 and 2009 and people here have claimed that he tore that amazing line apart from 08? Were you not able to connect the dots?

Te be fair, this has been an on going issue with Hamilton, it's nothing new.

And people who think I'm laughing at Ben Hamilton are just looking for something new to cry about... you guys can't be this stupid.

But it's all good, when Moreno gets injured we can poke at that.
yes I know Hamilton played for us but I fail to see how yet another concussion for the poor fellow vindicates or condemns anything. Did we know he was going to get a career ending injury? Maybe I'm just not smart enough.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:33 PM   #10
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos
 
The MVPlaya's Avatar
 
out with the old, IN WITH THE NEW

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 5,383
Default

Let me add, I didn't see the Ben Hamilton injury but the Perrish Cox one had nothing to do with a helmet to helmet... that play was unavoidable and a complete accident. THAT was just part of playing football.

Ben Hamilton is an olineman, this guy isn't getting tackled, or tackling anybody all game long... really has nothing to do with the big plays that create concussions or the new trend of big hits of concern.

I don't think many people are defending helmet to helmet hits, head hunters like Harrison... people are just defending big hits that cause injuries.
The MVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:35 PM   #11
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos
 
The MVPlaya's Avatar
 
out with the old, IN WITH THE NEW

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 5,383
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
yes I know Hamilton played for us but I fail to see how yet another concussion for the poor fellow vindicates or condemns anything. Did we know he was going to get a career ending injury? Maybe I'm just not smart enough.
No we did not, nor did we know Alphonso Smith was going to actually play at a high level. But we discuss it.

But the fact that this HAS happened kind of puts those statements of McDaniels tearing this oline apart to dust... it really makes no sense because we all knew we needed interior linemen during the 09 season. But somehow, McDaniels still tore that 08 line apart.
The MVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:36 PM   #12
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,664

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MVPlaya View Post
Let me add, I didn't see the Ben Hamilton injury but the Perrish Cox one had nothing to do with a helmet to helmet... that play was unavoidable and a complete accident. THAT was just part of playing football.

Ben Hamilton is an olineman, this guy isn't getting tackled, or tackling anybody all game long... really has nothing to do with the big plays that create concussions or the new trend of big hits of concern.

I don't think many people are defending helmet to helmet hits, head hunters like Harrison... people are just defending big hits that cause injuries.
Oh OK got it. It's true than I'm not smart enough.

Last edited by baja; 11-02-2010 at 03:46 PM..
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:39 PM   #13
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sun and Beachville
Posts: 14,066

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Did I miss the part where ANYONE said Hamilton needed to come back after his last season? It was pretty clear he was done.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:45 PM   #14
strafen
Karma
 
strafen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,341

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MVPlaya View Post
No we did not, nor did we know Alphonso Smith was going to actually play at a high level. But we discuss it.

But the fact that this HAS happened kind of puts those statements of McDaniels tearing this oline apart to dust... it really makes no sense because we all knew we needed interior linemen during the 09 season. But somehow, McDaniels still tore that 08 line apart.
You're the ultimate moron, dude!
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:48 PM   #15
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,664

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MVPlaya View Post
No we did not, nor did we know Alphonso Smith was going to actually play at a high level. But we discuss it.

But the fact that this HAS happened kind of puts those statements of McDaniels tearing this oline apart to dust... it really makes no sense because we all knew we needed interior linemen during the 09 season. But somehow, McDaniels still tore that 08 line apart.
OK now I really do see what you are getting at but I think everyone pretty much agreed Ben was done.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:52 PM   #16
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos
 
The MVPlaya's Avatar
 
out with the old, IN WITH THE NEW

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 5,383
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
You're the ultimate moron, dude!
With the options of go_broncos, jhns, bob, and more... you choose me as your successor?

Sorry bro, I think that alone deserves another year for you.
The MVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:55 PM   #17
fontaine
Ring of Famer
 
fontaine's Avatar
 
Go John Manning!

Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 13,045
Default

My best wishes go out to Ben. He was one of the best we had when healthy. Hopefully he can come out of this with his health for his family's sake.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM   #18
BroncoDoug
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoDoug's Avatar
 
R.I.P. D-Will and D-Nash

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Moline, IL
Posts: 2,821

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Oro_ View Post
Yup. Our own Perrish Cox can't remember the Raider game... that he played in.
I wish I didn't have to remember that game either...
BroncoDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:02 PM   #19
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,923

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Completely disgusted with the original post.

Great career, Ben, but it's time to hang em up. You already missed one full season due to a concussion. After this one you're just playing with fire. Thanks for the memories!
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:05 PM   #20
Steve Prefontaine
Ring of Famer
 
Steve Prefontaine's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,402

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
I don't see what's so funny about a guy getting significant brain trauma
this. sucks to see all these guys suffering from concussions around the nfl.
Steve Prefontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:18 PM   #21
yerner
Ring of Famer
 
yerner's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Charlottesville VA
Posts: 3,936
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MVPlaya View Post
Let me add, I didn't see the Ben Hamilton injury but the Perrish Cox one had nothing to do with a helmet to helmet... that play was unavoidable and a complete accident. THAT was just part of playing football.

Ben Hamilton is an olineman, this guy isn't getting tackled, or tackling anybody all game long... really has nothing to do with the big plays that create concussions or the new trend of big hits of concern.

I don't think many people are defending helmet to helmet hits, head hunters like Harrison... people are just defending big hits that cause injuries.
You have no idea what you are talking about. You obviously have not read a single piece of new literature on concussions. Even last week Sports Illistrated pointed out that brain damage does not nessasarily have anything to do with 'big plays' but is often a result of many hits 'chipping away' brain cells, the very type of plays that offensive lineman have every play that result in the most serious damage. That is to say it's complicated and serious. Please stop being so flippant on a players health and quality of life.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:37 PM   #22
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos
 
The MVPlaya's Avatar
 
out with the old, IN WITH THE NEW

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 5,383
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
You have no idea what you are talking about. You obviously have not read a single piece of new literature on concussions. Even last week Sports Illistrated pointed out that brain damage does not nessasarily have anything to do with 'big plays' but is often a result of many hits 'chipping away' brain cells, the very type of plays that offensive lineman have every play that result in the most serious damage. That is to say it's complicated and serious. Please stop being so flippant on a players health and quality of life.
What the **** are you talking about? Where in my post was I being filppant on a players healthy and quality of life?
The MVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:39 PM   #23
ZachKC
For The Glory Of The City
 
ZachKC's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 9,852

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison
Default

Original post comes off like a total dick.

Not surprised though.
ZachKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:50 PM   #24
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MVPlaya View Post
Yeah... you know because McDaniels tore the offensive line apart and all from what we had in 08... yeah... you know...

http://blog.seahawks.com/2010/11/02/...amilton-to-ir/


The Seahawks placed both players on injured reserve today, Bryant because of knee injury and Hamilton because of what coach Pete Carroll called a “pretty significant” concussion.
Hamilton gave us Broncos fans alot to cheer about for a long time.

Its not cool at all to celebrate his continuted brain injuries.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:53 PM   #25
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,036

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

For awhile Hams was considered one of the best technicians in the NFL. Hope he is okay and recovers fully.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:09 AM.


Denver Broncos