The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2010, 10:45 AM   #1
✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lyle Alzado
Default Flea flicker penalty

It was a horse**** call. It cost the Broncos a chance to go up 14-3 in the 3rd. What are the chances the Broncos get an apology this week from the NFL league office?
✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2010, 10:46 AM   #2
Ambiguous
Ask me about my title

Go fsck yourself San Diego.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

It did contribute to my new avatar, and that's pretty awesome.
Ambiguous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:46 AM   #3
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

about the same as our chances of getting McD to apologize for putting an offense out there that goes 3 and out too often

I hated the call also, but it should have been at least 14-3 at that point anyhow
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:47 AM   #4
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

it's too bad the broncos had no chance to win the game after that play.

oh wait....
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:48 AM   #5
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

that play was a game changer, such a huge play that should hvae never been penalized. refs definitely werent on our side this game.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:52 AM   #6
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Why would the refs say sorry for making the correct call? Do you guys understand the rules? This isn't a new one...
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:03 AM   #7
Triplelefthook
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
Why would the refs say sorry for making the correct call? Do you guys understand the rules? This isn't a new one...
Agreed. That's what made the whole incident so unbearable.
Triplelefthook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:03 AM   #8
DennisSmithHOF
Groovy Baby

Isn't a chop block where a second offensive player goes low on a a guy that is already engaged with another blocker? That guy sure wasn't engaged when he ran over Moreno laying on the ground.
DennisSmithHOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:06 AM   #9
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisSmithHOF View Post
Isn't a chop block where a second offensive player goes low on a a guy that is already engaged with another blocker? That guy sure wasn't engaged when he ran over Moreno laying on the ground.
It can't go either way. If the defender has someone block him low, a second player can't come in and block high. It also doesn't matter if Moreno was just trying to get out of the way, he had him blocked. There was no reason for Hochstien(sp?) to get involved.

To be clear, it is also against the rules if both blockers hit the defender at the same time. It doesn't matter how it happens, you can't block high and low on a defender.

Last edited by jhns; 11-01-2010 at 11:10 AM..
Old 11-01-2010, 11:10 AM   #10
✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lyle Alzado

Hochstein didn't even make an attempt to block the rusher. Hochstein was thrown into the rusher.
✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:17 AM   #11
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

You could probably call that same call a bunch of times during the game. It was a call that shouldn't have been made.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:20 AM   #12
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?? JOSHUA ?? View Post
Hochstein didn't even make an attempt to block the rusher. Hochstein was thrown into the rusher.
Well that would make it a bad call but I don't remember seeing that happen. I will have to go rewatch it.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:21 AM   #13
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

It was a bull**** call.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:22 AM   #14
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Well that would make it a bad call but I don't remember seeing that happen. I will have to go rewatch it.
so youre saying you change your reality to fit your anti-bronco agenda....makes sense now
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:26 AM   #15
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
so youre saying you change your reality to fit your anti-bronco agenda....makes sense now
Anti-bronco agenda? I am one of the few that has been wanting what is best for this team. It is you Raider fans that have been happy about the direction of this team. Don't worry, I don't fault you for it. I always hope the Raiders go down this path. It is how fans of division rivals work.

Last edited by jhns; 11-01-2010 at 11:29 AM..
Old 11-01-2010, 11:37 AM   #16
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
It was a bad call. It was not a correct call at all. The rule is that 2 blockers cannot enguage the defender (one high and one low). Moreno was not enguaging at all. He simply fell to the ground and did not attempt to go make a block at all. It's not his fualt some stupid DL ran his way and fell over him. So the OL for Denver just touches the guy and Moreno in no way was even attempting to block the guy. That was not a chop block. It was a F'd up call and the refs a ****ING IDIOT. We all know what a real chop block is and why that rule was put in there. This was NOT a ****in chop block and trust me, the lead NFL rules guy knows this. The Broncos simply got F'd on this one.

Last edited by ZONA; 11-01-2010 at 11:39 AM..
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:42 AM   #17
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
It was a bad call. It was not a correct call at all. The rule is that 2 blockers cannot enguage the defender (one high and one low). Moreno was not enguaging at all. He simply fell to the ground and did not attempt to go make a block at all. It's not his fualt some stupid DL ran his way and fell over him. So the OL for Denver just touches the guy and Moreno in no way was even attempting to block the guy. That was not a chop block. It was a F'd up call and the refs a ****ING IDIOT. We all know what a real chop block is and why that rule was put in there. This was NOT a ****in chop block and trust me, the lead NFL rules guy knows this. The Broncos simply got F'd on this one.
You don't understand the rule. It doesn't matter what Moreno was doing. He blocked the defender low. The only way that was a bad call is if the claim that Hochstein was pushed into it is true.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:53 AM   #18
v2micca
Ring of Famer

Quote:
You don't understand the rule. It doesn't matter what Moreno was doing. He blocked the defender low. The only way that was a bad call is if the claim that Hochstein was pushed into it is true.

Yeah, as much as it sucks, the rule is not about intent, only about what happens on the field. If the rules were called based on intent, 80% of all facemask calls would be nullified. Moreno did not mean to engage the defender, hell he was honestly just trying to get out of the way. He just happened to fall at the guys legs, while Hocstien engaged him high. No, it was not intentional. Doesn't matter. The rule is pretty clear. Now, you could argue that it feels like that is the sort of call that is only going against us right now and never be called on the other team. But, by the strict interpretation of the rules, it was the correct call.
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:05 PM   #19
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Why don't you post up the rule then. Because I don't think it says anything about a player laying on the ground as being a blocker.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:05 PM   #20
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

Moreno looked at the defender (and saw him coming) just before performing the flea flicker. Immediately after he intentionally went down to block the incoming defender. Hochstein was pushed into the same defender and barely touched the guy. It was a BS call and overall, if someone were to sit down and watch gamefilm from the past 10 years, would see that we get some of the most retarded calls against the team. Who knows, maybe it's just me being a crybaby. Ha
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:13 PM   #21
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I guess if you are laying down 3/4's of the way, not looking at the defender, back is facing the defender, you are still considerd to be "blocking" that guy. What a bunch of horse ****. And yes, Hoch was shoved into him. We need these refs to use just a tad of discretion don't ya think. There is hardly ever anything so black and white, there is usually some degree of grey and the refs need to actually SEE what the **** they are looking at and interpret. Could they call holding on almost every play, sure, but the NFL says don't do that, use your judgement. Well obviously this is something they should have done here. I doubt all refs today would have called that penalty. Just this stupid MF'er who can't think right.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:15 PM   #22
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Why don't you post up the rule then. Because I don't think it says anything about a player laying on the ground as being a blocker.
Looking at that rule won't help you then. You need to look up what a block is. An offensive player getting in the way and stopping progress of a defensive player, is a block. Moreno didn't go to the defenders legs for no reason. This is a common block from RBs.

Last edited by jhns; 11-01-2010 at 12:35 PM..
Old 11-01-2010, 12:18 PM   #23
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

That was a bull**** call to some extend, but it was also extremely poor judgement by Hochstein, who should never have blocked the guy in the back. If he just keeps his hands to himself, that is a TD.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 02:29 PM   #24
broncofan2438
Faneco this...

LETS TAKE BACK THE AFC WEST

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ERIC DECKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡ View Post
It was a horse**** call. It cost the Broncos a chance to go up 14-3 in the 3rd. What are the chances the Broncos get an apology this week from the NFL league office?
I absolutely agree. The refs ****ed us numerous times yesterday. I want to find that ref and kick the **** out of him I am so pissed
broncofan2438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 02:33 PM   #25
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisSmithHOF View Post
This is what I don't get.

I don't claim to know the rule, but I thought if this was at the LOS, it had to involve 2 players to be called?
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote